PDA

View Full Version : DRF Formulator 4 - Wrong data placement

rrbauer
07-30-2004, 03:00 PM
I've only been using the new Formulator data since Del Mar opened. Yesterday, I thought the Tomlinson Mud and Turf numbers, as printed on the PP's that I print from Formulator, looked funny but I didn't have time to research.

Today, I took a look at the export data that comes from the "Special Products File" and the layout for that file in the User Guide. For example, Bishop Court Hill in the 7th at Saratoga shows a Mud Rating of 380 and a Turf rating of 252 in the Exported data file. Yet, on the printed PP's for that horse, it shows Wet (252) and Turf (380). It looks to me like the data on the printed PP is transposed and not correct as labelled.

Just a heads up for anyone that's interested.

andicap
07-30-2004, 04:24 PM
OK, Tom,
Count to 10 before you post anything in response to this.

I mean this post is like putting a camera and microphone in front of Geraldo Rivera.

:cool:

Marc At DRF
07-30-2004, 05:01 PM
Richard,

There was a version that was out there for a couple weeks recently that did indeed have the mud and turf ratings inverted. Most Formulator 4.0 users weren't affected, because they had an earlier version without this problem.

Anyway, sorry for the hassle, and there's a new version on the site that corrects the problem. Just use the update:
http://www.drf.com/formulator/formulator_ad.html

What do you think Formulator 4.0, other than this issue?

Marc At DRF
07-30-2004, 05:02 PM
Also--

If you guys ever have concerns like this, please contact me at mattenb@drf.com.

If I hadn't been e-mailed by someone privately letting me know about Richard's post, I never would have seen this.

rrbauer
07-30-2004, 06:05 PM
I downloaded the upgrade version and applied it.

Ratings look kosher now.

Skanoochies
07-30-2004, 08:04 PM
Marc at DRF, then you`re not paying enough attention to this great forum. Shame on you.:D

rrbauer
07-31-2004, 04:59 AM
Not out of the woods yet. Now the export function won't work. Program aborts with an address exception.

Pathetic!

Tom
07-31-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by andicap
OK, Tom,
Count to 10 before you post anything in response to this.

I mean this post is like putting a camera and microphone in front of Geraldo Rivera.

:cool:

" !"

rrbauer
07-31-2004, 01:50 PM
Blew away the upgrade.
Downloaded full product.
Installed.

Everything now OK.....

Marc At DRF
07-31-2004, 02:07 PM
Yeah, but...

You found a problem in the upgrade.

The developer just had his Saturday interrupted. A new version of the upgrade is going up on the site within the hour.

Sorry for the hassles.