PDA

View Full Version : Follow up -on site TVG hosts

whisperlunch
04-09-2017, 08:17 AM
I attended the Florida derby last week and TVG was set up in the corner of the walking ring. I was standing next to their tent for most of the day. Paul Lo duca and Todd were the hosts. They were very friendly and courteous and talkative to people around their set. Paul's head is huge. I mean physically huge. His head is as big as his torso. 50% head 50% torso. During the races Paul would pull out a wad of $100's looked like around $10,000 and peel off 2 - 5 hundred per race and give it to a runner who would go make bets and bring him back the tickets. Paul was not shy about concealing the bets. I have no way of knowing if he was also betting on his tvg account but he was definitely betting cash on track. Todd was also playing but Todd would go to the windows himself. Todd would pull money from wallet and put tickets in wallet. Todd only made a couple trips. Paul was pounding every race. Catelan (spelling) was back n forth between horsemen in the paddock and the tvg hosts passing info while they were off camera. They would huddle in the tent and then make their plays. In summary catelan works her tail off, Todd makes his own bets , Paul is a big time player and his head looked like an orange on a toothpick. They were extremely friendly and professional.

sour grapes
04-09-2017, 09:55 AM
thats funny,an orange on a toothpick.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2017, 11:09 AM
Hey man...us guys with big heads are people too...:eek::lol:

Big heads = lots of brains

JayTris07
04-09-2017, 11:17 AM
I attended the Florida derby last week and TVG was set up in the corner of the walking ring. I was standing next to their tent for most of the day. Paul Lo duca and Todd were the hosts. They were very friendly and courteous and talkative to people around their set. Paul's head is huge. I mean physically huge. His head is as big as his torso. 50% head 50% torso. During the races Paul would pull out a wad of $100's looked like around $10,000 and peel off 2 - 5 hundred per race and give it to a runner who would go make bets and bring him back the tickets. Paul was not shy about concealing the bets. I have no way of knowing if he was also betting on his tvg account but he was definitely betting cash on track. Todd was also playing but Todd would go to the windows himself. Todd would pull money from wallet and put tickets in wallet. Todd only made a couple trips. Paul was pounding every race. Catelan (spelling) was back n forth between horsemen in the paddock and the tvg hosts passing info while they were off camera. They would huddle in the tent and then make their plays. In summary catelan works her tail off, Todd makes his own bets , Paul is a big time player and his head looked like an orange on a toothpick. They were extremely friendly and professional.

:D:D

tanner12oz
04-09-2017, 03:49 PM
Everyone I've met with tvg has been great including Todd and Paul. Alot of folks give them crap for there schtick but they appear to be guys that would be fun to hang out with

Broad Brush
04-09-2017, 06:47 PM
I am glad you posted something good on the TVG guys.

I know people here post a lot of complaints about them,
but I do think it is tougher than it looks to do everyday.

I met Gino and Matt a few years ago at Presque Isle and they were
both very nice and were just typical horseplayers.

EasyGoer89
04-10-2017, 02:16 AM
ive met a bunch of the tvg people over the years and seen them interact with the general public and there's not one instance that ive seen where any of them were anything less than super friendly and willing to talk shop w players if they have the time.

Davidc110
04-10-2017, 07:56 AM
Wish the little guy was on TVG.

marksinger
04-10-2017, 09:12 AM

Whisperlunch, that was hysterical!! I needed that laugh. :) Please post more funny things. :)
Mark

elhelmete
04-10-2017, 11:58 AM
ive met a bunch of the tvg people over the years and seen them interact with the general public and there's not one instance that ive seen where any of them were anything less than super friendly and willing to talk shop w players if they have the time.

100% my experience as well.

deathandgravity
04-10-2017, 12:02 PM
I am glad you posted something good on the TVG guys.

I know people here post a lot of complaints about them,
but I do think it is tougher than it looks to do everyday.

Ditto!

TVG seems to be an easy target, but remember our options before TVG?

(I wonder what every happened to Frank Lyons?)