(pick 3/5/6 etc) prsented by the Tvg crew are actually bet by these
commentators;
if so they eimburesed by the network?

SoCalCircuit
04-08-2017, 12:31 AM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105145

RunForTheRoses
04-08-2017, 07:39 AM
I know its been discussed. For instance, one analyst had a P6 that paid nice (Rich Perloff?) but he did not play. Most would be broke if they did.

RunForTheRoses
04-08-2017, 07:41 AM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105145

You beat me to it.

olddaddy
04-08-2017, 07:47 AM
I cant see these guys and girls betting all these tickets and doubt tvg is fronting them. I look at them as all paper bets.

RunForTheRoses
04-08-2017, 07:49 AM
I cant see these guys and girls betting all these tickets and doubt tvg is fronting them. I look at them as all paper bets.

I'm not hating on them, it is a business, but it is like a Carnival Shill.

olddaddy
04-08-2017, 07:55 AM

As you said its a business and their research must show this is what the viewers want. But paper bets mean less than nothing to me.

upthecreek
04-08-2017, 09:24 AM
Matt C plays his tickets, tells you when he doesn't and tells you when he adds a horse on his personal ticket
Schrupp has investors, he plays with other peoples $
Apparently Paul Loduca is a gambler
Kurt Hoover plays pick 6 regularly, hit for $45,000 a couple months bck
I don't know about the rest

castaway01
04-08-2017, 10:09 AM

It would take a rare amount of handicapping skill to be able to handicap a bunch of different tracks, do your on-air work, and make bets only under the amount restrictions that TVG uses, and win. I'm sure SOMEONE could do it and finish ahead if they happened to hit a Pick 6 that year, but let's just say it's best that these stay "paper bets"---for several reasons.

upthecreek
04-08-2017, 10:33 AM
It would take a rare amount of handicapping skill to be able to handicap a bunch of different tracks, do your on-air work, and make bets only under the amount restrictions that TVG uses, and win. I'm sure SOMEONE could do it and finish ahead if they happened to hit a Pick 6 that year, but let's just say it's best that these stay "paper bets"---for several reasons.

Like I said above Matt says when he's betting or not and if he added a horse to his ticket He handicaps alot of tracks, but likes playing NY
Their budget is $60 pick 4 & $100 on pick 6
Schrupp fires at every pick 4 he can, signs of a degenerate gambler His ex boss Tony Allevato used to be his backer
Les Onaka I know plays a lot of tickets at Los Al

JustRalph
04-08-2017, 01:39 PM

All that's missing is the hot plate and the dancing ducks.....

SoCalCircuit
04-09-2017, 01:30 AM
I do think Paul bets a lot, and generally much more than the bets he shows on air, but he's (obviously) independently wealthy...

Rich strikes me as the simpleton at the OTB playing $2 WPS. Can't really envision Todd playing anything at all.

KidCruz
04-09-2017, 04:57 AM
I do think Paul bets a lot, and generally much more than the bets he shows on air, but he's (obviously) independently wealthy...

Rich strikes me as the simpleton at the OTB playing $2 WPS. Can't really envision Todd playing anything at all.

LoDuca does not bet much and it honestly sounds like he doesn't bet at all. He was on a Barstool Sports podcast a few months ago and he basically admitted he hardly ever plays outside of "the big days". They followed up and asked him what was his last big score and he stammered and mumbled and said it was the Wise Dan/Za Approval exacta in the BC. That was $16 exacta and was also over 3 years ago.

Reading between the lines, the only TVG personality I am confident is putting their money through the window is Hoover. Cassidy probably too. Other than that, I bet the whole lot of them don't play a thing daily.

upthecreek
04-09-2017, 06:17 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/12/sports/baseball/12shea.html

upthecreek
04-09-2017, 06:21 AM

Obviously you don't watch TVG All Todd talks about all the pick 4's he's involved in with his "investors" He hit one @ Kee a few years back for $25,000

SoCalCircuit
04-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Obviously you don't watch TVG All Todd talks about all the pick 4's he's involved in with his "investors" He hit one @ Kee a few years back for $25,000

On the contrary I watch an absurd amount of TVG. It just happens to be on mute.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2017, 11:43 AM
LoDuca does not bet much and it honestly sounds like he doesn't bet at all.Our PA on-track witness yesterday begs to differ with you...it's in the other current TVG thread if you care to read...peeling off 100s to a runner to go make his bets for him...that sounds like betting much to me...

whisperlunch
04-09-2017, 12:22 PM
Here is my post in another thread.

Follow up -on site TVG hosts
I attended the Florida derby last week and TVG was set up in the corner of the walking ring. I was standing next to their tent for most of the day. Paul Lo duca and Todd were the hosts. They were very friendly and courteous and talkative to people around their set. Paul's head is huge. I mean physically huge. His head is as big as his torso. 50% head 50% torso. During the races Paul would pull out a wad of $100's looked like around $10,000 and peel off 2 - 5 hundred per race and give it to a runner who would go make bets and bring him back the tickets. Paul was not shy about concealing the bets. I have no way of knowing if he was also betting on his tvg account but he was definitely betting cash on track. Todd was also playing but Todd would go to the windows himself. Todd would pull money from wallet and put tickets in wallet. Todd only made a couple trips. Paul was pounding every race. Catelan (spelling) was back n forth between horsemen in the paddock and the tvg hosts passing info while they were off camera. They would huddle in the tent and then make their plays. In summary catelan works her tail off, Todd makes his own bets , Paul is a big time player and his head looked like an orange on a toothpick. They were extremely friendly and professional.

whodoyoulike
04-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Here is my post in another thread.

... Paul's head is huge. I mean physically huge. His head is as big as his torso. 50% head 50% torso. ... Paul is a big time player and his head looked like an orange on a toothpick. They were extremely friendly and professional.

Great .... I've always heard that the TV adds 50lbs.

Davidc110
04-11-2017, 09:47 PM
Have seen him at my local cigar shop.... he's small and skinny

KidCruz
04-15-2017, 02:37 AM
Our PA on-track witness yesterday begs to differ with you...it's in the other current TVG thread if you care to read...peeling off 100s to a runner to go make his bets for him...that sounds like betting much to me...

He was point blank asked the question and that is how he answered it. LoDuca's very own words were that he doesn't bet much, except on "big days". An "on-track witness" seeing him make a few wagers on the biggest day of the Gulfstream meet does not contradict what he himself said.

If you watch TVG on a daily basis, it isn't difficult to figure. Just today at Keeneland (a good card especially with a very good late sequence of races), Schrupp asked him if he could see anoyone outside of the top two winning R8 and LoDuca said "No I really can't" and then corrected himself and said "Well I did go deep on my Pick 4 and Pick 5". Does that sound like someone betting his opinions? And if he throws around stacks and stacks, he doesn't have the $30 bucks or so to play his positions? Why?

One final TVG nitpick: I agree with others on here that say that Matt Carothers puts the work in and does a good job of discussing his plays and his approach to the viewers. He even will occasionally say when he really didn't put much work in on a tertiary track, which is appreciated.

That said, today he gave out a $1 Pick 3 play on the first three races at Laurel. If you are really an ambassador for the game or even just a bettor with a moderate understanding of things, it defies logic to play a $1 wager with a 26 percent takeout when a 50 cent Pick 5 beginning with the same 3 races has a 12 percent takeout. If someone ran a sim of this, a blind dog arbitrarily picking horses in the final two legs in ANY sequencing from 1x1 to All x All would have a far better EV in the long run. So why is he telling players that take his advice to play the first Pick 3 at Laurel? (The parlay today after the pick 3 payout with 4/5 winners in races 4 and 5 paid $92.41 for .50. The P5 paid $170.50 for .50)

EasyGoer89
04-15-2017, 04:11 AM
He was point blank asked the question and that is how he answered it. LoDuca's very own words were that he doesn't bet much, except on "big days". An "on-track witness" seeing him make a few wagers on the biggest day of the Gulfstream meet does not contradict what he himself said.

If you watch TVG on a daily basis, it isn't difficult to figure. Just today at Keeneland (a good card especially with a very good late sequence of races), Schrupp asked him if he could see anoyone outside of the top two winning R8 and LoDuca said "No I really can't" and then corrected himself and said "Well I did go deep on my Pick 4 and Pick 5". Does that sound like someone betting his opinions? And if he throws around stacks and stacks, he doesn't have the $30 bucks or so to play his positions? Why?

One final TVG nitpick: I agree with others on here that say that Matt Carothers puts the work in and does a good job of discussing his plays and his approach to the viewers. He even will occasionally say when he really didn't put much work in on a tertiary track, which is appreciated.

That said, today he gave out a $1 Pick 3 play on the first three races at Laurel. If you are really an ambassador for the game or even just a bettor with a moderate understanding of things, it defies logic to play a $1 wager with a 26 percent takeout when a 50 cent Pick 5 beginning with the same 3 races has a 12 percent takeout. If someone ran a sim of this, a blind dog arbitrarily picking horses in the final two legs in ANY sequencing from 1x1 to All x All would have a far better EV in the long run. So why is he telling players that take his advice to play the first Pick 3 at Laurel? (The parlay today after the pick 3 payout with 4/5 winners in races 4 and 5 paid $92.41 for .50. The P5 paid $170.50 for .50)

Because tvg makes more money if u bet into the higher takeout rate.

NY BRED
04-15-2017, 08:04 AM
thanks folks, I felt I'd get a mixed response which matches my thoughts.

The takeaway is these commnentators bet at the windows instead of using
an online service like TVG

:eek::bang:

timtam
04-15-2017, 08:32 AM
If you listen to Kurt Hoover you KNOW he bets in Ca. Sometimes when he's host

ing on TVG and doing a race at Penn National his breaking is news is there is a

carryover tomorrow at Santa Anita. He does have other investors because he

tells a story about hitting a $1500 pick 6 at Cantabury and the ticket cost

$ 3000. His best way of betting is the true $2 Pick 6 not this watered down

Rainbow 6 with 20 cent increments and having to be the ONLY one to hit it.

Love Kurt Hoover as a commentator and he's got plenty of stories that only

horse players can relate to. In my next life I want to come back as Kurt Hoover.:headbanger:

whisperlunch
04-15-2017, 08:50 AM
Kurt Hoover is very good. I think he's the best at TVG on So cal racing.
Someone said Paul only bets big days like Florida derby or Kentucky derby well I say bull.... I watched Paul ,I know guys like Paul. Paul bets like a madman every day and every race. I'm not sure how much $$ he still has from MLB but it's known that his Ex from divorce took a huge chunk and he's got a kid plus he's been sued for 1 million over non payment on a horse purchases.
Guys that play the horses like him and when they do it for decades they all burn thru tons O cash.

He's got a good job but maybe he needs the job.

I wonder what TVG hosts make ? Can't be that much.

My point that started this was these hosts give out their plays and promote betting on TVG. But They also bet lots of cash on track. They seem like guys you would want to have a beer with. But only 1 or two are any good at capping.

rrpic6
04-16-2017, 12:56 PM

Pauls bets "stacks". Believe he has a runner when he's on air. Shrupp bets at the windows at Keeneland. Don't think anything crazy. No idea about Rich. You say simpleton... I say he knows it all and will tell us everyday about it.

RR

MonmouthParkJoe
04-17-2017, 06:35 PM
While I dont know amounts, I have personally seen plenty of them betting on numerous occasions. Not sure how much it varies from the tickets they publicize, but they do bet.

50% head 50% torso :pound:

ultracapper
04-30-2017, 07:17 PM
Unless Schrupp plays dumb for the camera, I don't see how he can retain an investment group. I have never been impressed with his handicapping and couldn't imagine giving him even the smallest of stakes.

whisperlunch
04-30-2017, 08:29 PM
Look at the size of his Dome... Incredible!

PaceAdvantage
05-02-2017, 02:41 PM
Look at the size of his Dome... Incredible!I don't get it...he's closer to the camera, so yeah, his head is going to look bigger. What's with the obsession anyway?

thaskalos
05-02-2017, 02:54 PM
Look at the size of his Dome... Incredible!

Yeah...and that guy on the far right looks tiny. He must be a dwarf!