PDA

View Full Version : 10 Ways to Fix Racing

HalvOnHorseracing
04-05-2017, 06:33 PM
My latest article is 10 Ways to Fix Racing at http://halveyonhorseracing.com if you are interested in reading it. Maybe great ideas, maybe not, but always a great debate starter

lamboguy
04-05-2017, 07:01 PM
some are pretty decent idea's, missing though are the most important ones like limiting rosters and getting rid of all drugs and creating bigger penalties for cheaters and infringer.

HalvOnHorseracing
04-05-2017, 07:08 PM
some are pretty decent idea's, missing though are the most important ones like limiting rosters and getting rid of all drugs and creating bigger penalties for cheaters and infringer.

I'm a proponent of finding more ways to avoid ever having a positive. Let's face it. One of the worst feelings is knowing you got beat by a horse that was DQ'd 3 months later. I made a suggestion in that direction.

I also suggested punishing anything performance enhancing or illegal harshly. I also thought that if you did contraction you'd get rid of the marginal runners.

But, if you think I wimped out on Lasix, you're right. Keep it or ban it, you'll have an enormous argument on your hands.

lamboguy
04-05-2017, 07:24 PM
i don't like the idea of contraction in the least bit. but if you let the game go without fixing it you will get more than contraction, you will get extinction.

EasyGoer89
04-05-2017, 07:28 PM
I like getting rid of the dime super and 50 cent tris in fields of 8 or less.

Lower the 6 buck coke to 3, I want the Joe's 3 bucks added to the pools, it does me no good if he gives the extra 3 to the track. That 6 dollars is sitting in a drawer somewhere as dead money.

Exotic1
04-05-2017, 07:59 PM
My latest article is 10 Ways to Fix Racing at http://halveyonhorseracing.com if you are interested in reading it. Maybe great ideas, maybe not, but always a great debate starter

Good effort !!!

You were fine until you picked Patton Proud on 4-2-17, R2. :)

HalvOnHorseracing
04-05-2017, 08:14 PM
i don't like the idea of contraction in the least bit. but if you let the game go without fixing it you will get more than contraction, you will get extinction.

Exactly my thought

HalvOnHorseracing
04-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Good effort !!!

You were fine until you picked Patton Proud on 4-2-17, R2. :)

Yeah, what the hell was I thinking?

upthecreek
04-06-2017, 07:47 AM
Benefits both customers and racetrack workers

http://hawthorneracecourse.com/promotions/ricf-food-drive-apr-7th-8th

Thomas Roulston
04-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Regarding #5: None of this a foul had to "cost a horse a placing" in order to result in a DQ. A foul is a foul is a foul, and the offender should be disqualified. Period. End of story. And if you award separate, descending shares of the purse for each placing, a foul would nearly always cost the victim a placing.

EasyGoer89
04-17-2017, 12:29 AM
Regarding #5: None of this a foul had to "cost a horse a placing" in order to result in a DQ. A foul is a foul is a foul, and the offender should be disqualified. Period. End of story. And if you award separate, descending shares of the purse for each placing, a foul would nearly always cost the victim a placing.

As a gambler I just want to be paid, horse racing is a contact sport, the sport can't be judged as if it's being run in a vacuum, we also don't need to give more power to politically appointed hacks to play God with other people's money. Let the horses decide the races, I don't want eyes in the sky randomly deciding who they're going to pay.

Elliott Sidewater
04-17-2017, 11:07 AM
All the ways to fix racing have been tried at Louisiana tracks. Most of them worked, and a few that didn't were actually prosecuted.

MonmouthParkJoe
04-17-2017, 11:18 AM
I couldnt agree more on the customer service. There is so little differentiation in the game and while you cant control if a customer wins, you can have a say in the experience as a whole.

Part of this is also the treatment of the employees. Pay them well. If you have a giveaway day make sure each employee gets one. You want them happy since they are the ones that interact with the customers every day.

PaceAdvantage
04-17-2017, 01:18 PM
As a gambler I just want to be paid, horse racing is a contact sport, the sport can't be judged as if it's being run in a vacuum, we also don't need to give more power to politically appointed hacks to play God with other people's money. Let the horses decide the races, I don't want eyes in the sky randomly deciding who they're going to pay.But you don't mind if less-than-honest jockeys decide to play fast and loose and start bumping and interfering with other horses in order to win? You don't mind losing that way, as long as the winners get paid?

Makes zero sense. At least the way we have now is bit more equitable.

Your way encourages MORE chicanery...what, you think the punishments will be harsher if "winners get paid" in order to discourage jockeys from taking advantage of the "winners get paid" rule? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ronsmac
04-17-2017, 05:24 PM
As a gambler I just want to be paid, horse racing is a contact sport, the sport can't be judged as if it's being run in a vacuum, we also don't need to give more power to politically appointed hacks to play God with other people's money. Let the horses decide the races, I don't want eyes in the sky randomly deciding who they're going to pay.
I'm with you 100%. Take away the purse, suspend the jockey for month but don't take my money because the 7th place horse got bumped by my 5 length winner.