PDA

View Full Version : Twinspires promo for Keeneland

lamboguy
04-05-2017, 05:06 PM
bet $10 win and show on the LAST race there every day of the meet. if you win the show bet everyday you split $5000. hit the win bet they give you $10,000 no matter how many people perform that feet.

hitting the win bet in the LAST race every day there got to be something like 1 billion to 1

Poindexter
04-05-2017, 05:53 PM
I figure you have about a 25% chance of hitting the last race winner each day. So the chances are 1 in 10,737,417, but toss in a few longshots and your 1 in a billion is probably spot on. If you are nice to them, they might even double the prize if you can come up with a perfect NCAA bracket next year.

But look on the bight side, assuming you have a 60% chance of your horse coming in the money each day(which sounds reasonable), there is a 1/2126 chance of making it through the 15 days. Let's hope that if you are able to do it you do not have a lot of company.

Of course you have to bet $300 at a presumed loss of $48(the track take) and handicap the last race each day for this "opportunity". I would guess that there are probably better promotions out there.

tanner12oz
04-05-2017, 07:06 PM
I saw this also...some of the promos are good.
This one is just silly..i liked the show bets for toga and del mar from a few summers back..beat the,caveman has been cool too

lamboguy
04-05-2017, 09:21 PM
TVG got a great promo this friday for Keeneland. you can bet $15 to win, if your horse runs 2nd or 3rd they give you the $15 back. i like that one!

no breathalyzer
04-05-2017, 11:54 PM
TVG got a great promo this friday for Keeneland. you can bet $15 to win, if your horse runs 2nd or 3rd they give you the $15 back. i like that one!

me too i just injected my account to bet there cause for this promotion.. also the fact i have to use a bearded account at my other adw help made this decision easier.... shame on you twin spires and your unprofessional ways.. also fix your unsecured site JAGOFFS

boys at tosconova
04-08-2017, 02:56 AM
bet $10 win and show on the LAST race there every day of the meet. if you win the show bet everyday you split $5000. hit the win bet they give you $10,000 no matter how many people perform that feet.

hitting the win bet in the LAST race every day there got to be something like 1 billion to 1

haha.......only 10K for doing something impossible. that's pretty lame

olddaddy
04-10-2017, 02:21 PM
I remember the 5 for 5 promotion they had at Australia a few years back. You had to get 5 winning $5 show bets on card without one running out to make some money. It wasnt easy and it carried over occasionally. This is out and out impossible.

Oracle
04-10-2017, 07:23 PM
The 10K for all winners is a throwaway, but the 5K for the show bet portion was worth pursuing. I got knocked out Sunday but 15 days is not impossible.

I was disappointed that they didn't post how many players were still alive after each day, at least I couldn't find it.

olddaddy
04-10-2017, 07:32 PM
The 10K for all winners is a throwaway, but the 5K for the show bet portion was worth pursuing. I got knocked out Sunday but 15 days is not impossible.

I was disappointed that they didn't post how many players were still alive after each day, at least I couldn't find it.

If you think winning 15 straight show bets with large fields is not impossible, you must be good, I mean really good.

lamboguy
04-10-2017, 07:45 PM
i try almost all the promos, this one got scared me away from the start

WP1981
04-11-2017, 06:53 PM
The euros bookmakers offer all the best of these types od promos. Following the uk tracks I see them on twitter everyday. Ie you can bet the heavy chalk to win by 6 or more lengths at 3-1+, if you have a faller in the jumps on the first or last fence you get refunded, if your horse finishes second your win will be refunded.

On a seperate jag, it seems like if the start is questionable on a certain horse and the stewards make no change, the bookies will refund all wagers on that horse simply as a good gesture.

Seems like we really take the worst of it here. Thanks TVG for constantly letting me know I just got 5-1 on a horse that was 24-1 in exchange wagering. Really makes me feel good.

Elliott Sidewater
04-11-2017, 06:55 PM
Here's a promotion idea: you have to flat bet ONE of Rich Perloff's (TVG) selections to win at a track of your choosing every day for the entire month of May. If you're ahead, even one cent, at the end of the month, you win $10,000 and they engrave your profile on Mt Rushmore. If each of Rich's selections you choose and win on happens to be contained in one of his daily 50 cent pick 4 caveman tickets, you win an extra $10,000, a dinner date with Kate Upton, and a Nobel Prize nomination. The name of the promotion??

The End of The Rainbow.

Oracle
04-11-2017, 08:34 PM
If you think winning 15 straight show bets with large fields is not impossible, you must be good, I mean really good.

One thing people may not have realized is that the payoff will go to whomever selects the most show horses correctly without missing. It's possible to win this contest without being 15/15. I read the rules.

I agree selecting 15 consecutive show horses is quite daunting. But nothing compared to selecting 15 consecutive winners which isn't worth thinking about.

agameofskill
04-18-2017, 11:09 AM
The euros bookmakers offer all the best of these types od promos. Following the uk tracks I see them on twitter everyday. Ie you can bet the heavy chalk to win by 6 or more lengths at 3-1+, if you have a faller in the jumps on the first or last fence you get refunded, if your horse finishes second your win will be refunded.

On a seperate jag, it seems like if the start is questionable on a certain horse and the stewards make no change, the bookies will refund all wagers on that horse simply as a good gesture.

Seems like we really take the worst of it here. Thanks TVG for constantly letting me know I just got 5-1 on a horse that was 24-1 in exchange wagering. Really makes me feel good.

Especially when less than 1% of their viewers (NJ) can use Betfair. Stupid

Oracle
05-03-2017, 05:49 PM
I wasn't able to find the results from this contest on the TS website. Anyone know if somebody made it all the way through on the show bets, or what the winning show bet total was?