PDA

View Full Version : Where is the pace for the Derby? Irish War Cry?

PowerUpPaynter
04-05-2017, 09:21 AM
I know that we dont know nearly a full field yet for the derby but I dont see where the front runners are. There is no Danzing Candy or Uncle Lino this year. Which leads me even more to believe they really need to let Irish War Cry run his race. Stop trying to make him something he is not, if he wants to be a front runner let him. Its not ideal but clearly his best shot. War Emblem did it.

Spalding No!
04-05-2017, 10:10 AM
I know that we dont know nearly a full field yet for the derby but I dont see where the front runners are.

State of Honor
Gormley
Illiad
Local Hero
Malagacy
Classic Empire

Mc990
04-05-2017, 10:13 AM
I know that we dont know nearly a full field yet for the derby but I dont see where the front runners are. There is no Danzing Candy or Uncle Lino this year. Which leads me even more to believe they really need to let Irish War Cry run his race. Stop trying to make him something he is not, if he wants to be a front runner let him. Its not ideal but clearly his best shot. War Emblem did it.

State of Honor. If he can relax up front, he can take them a long way. He also appears to be sitting on an explosive pattern... A big jump is coming at some point. Maybe sooner rather than later.

He finally gets some nice spacing/rest into the derby (5weeks is perfect). Last time he got this, he fired a new top (albeit with more than 5 weeks)

letswastemoney
04-05-2017, 10:33 AM
The trainer's comments indicate he wants Irish War Cry to rate. I think they try to rate him on Saturday.

Whether he really will rate or not is a good question.

PowerUpPaynter
04-05-2017, 11:18 AM
The trainer's comments indicate he wants Irish War Cry to rate. I think they try to rate him on Saturday.

Whether he really will rate or not is a good question.

if they try to rate him he wont hit the board. hope im wrong, fan of the horse considering he was born and bred 15 mins from where i live

Robert Fischer
04-05-2017, 04:39 PM
He's going to the front on Saturday. Drew outside.

JayTris07
04-05-2017, 06:11 PM
Hey Fellas, Any info on Syndergard? Is he on the Derby Trail or not? I have a Futures bet on him @80-1. If he runs he can set the pace.

Stoleitbreezing
04-05-2017, 06:46 PM
Hey Fellas, Any info on Syndergard? Is he on the Derby Trail or not? I have a Futures bet on him @80-1. If he runs he can set the pace.

Syndergard is not on the derby trail and is considered a sprinter in the eyes of Pletcher

American Anthem if he makes the Kentucky Derby will be on the front end. Bob Baffert just had him work in front of his workmate this time and won't be messing around in the SA Derby.

JayTris07
04-05-2017, 09:58 PM
Syndergard is not on the derby trail and is considered a sprinter in the eyes of Pletcher

American Anthem if he makes the Kentucky Derby will be on the front end. Bob Baffert just had him work in front of his workmate this time and won't be messing around in the SA Derby.

Okay thanks, There goes that Futures bet.