PDA

View Full Version : Trump donated his pay today

Fager Fan
04-03-2017, 10:20 PM
For the record, Trump donated his check for about $80k today to the National Parks Service.

Another promise he's keeping.

I think he's already kept more promises than any other President I can remember.

JustRalph
04-03-2017, 10:23 PM
Amen!

FantasticDan
04-03-2017, 11:09 PM
Trump's budget cuts $1.5B from the Dept of Interior, which runs the Natl Park Service.

But hey, tbis should cover 3 or 4 ranger salaries :ThmbUp::rolleyes:

Fager Fan
04-03-2017, 11:30 PM
You understand that we can't continue to spend trillions we don't have? I'm for slashing the budget as much as it can be slashed.

There's no issue with a private donation.

Lemon Drop Husker
04-03-2017, 11:31 PM
Trump's budget cuts $1.5B from the Dept of Interior, which runs the Natl Park Service.

Gotta cut worthless programs with little to no help to the general public.

In case you didn't notice over the previous 8 years. our National Debt doubled under the Grand Pu bah to $19 Trillion.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Heck with it. Lets just keep giving out more money to welfare programs, the needy, and people shoveling into our country in droves living off of even more welfare programs.

Heck with policy to actually even try to balance a budget, much less pay back our ridiculous debt.

How about cutting the fat?

OntheRail
04-03-2017, 11:53 PM

That's 80K more the Barry donated to ANYTHING!

Your a dutiful little DemBot... Negativity be thy name.

Lemon Drop Husker
04-04-2017, 12:00 AM

Your a dutiful little DemBot... Negativity be thy name.

They are America.

$100K in debt with just credit cards, but still feel so caring that they need to give. So precious aren't they?

FantasticDan
04-04-2017, 12:04 AM
:rolleyes: :bang:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/02/06/obama-donated-over-1-million-to-charity-as-president-heres-where-the-money-went/

Clocker
04-04-2017, 12:11 AM
In case you didn't notice over the previous 8 years. our National Debt doubled under the Grand Pu bah to $19 Trillion.

And under a GOP House since 2010 and a GOP Senate since 2014. Congress has the final say on taxes and spending, and the debt grows no matter who controls the Congress or who controls the White House. And the debt will continue to grow under Trump, McConnell, and Ryan. This is not about parties, it is about politics, and the first rule of politics is to get reelected, no matter how much of other peoples money it takes.

Lemon Drop Husker
04-04-2017, 12:21 AM
And under a GOP House since 2010 and a GOP Senate since 2014. Congress has the final say on taxes and spending, and the debt grows no matter who controls the Congress or who controls the White House. And the debt will continue to grow under Trump, McConnell, and Ryan. This is not about parties, it is about politics, and the first rule of politics is to get reelected, no matter how much of other peoples money it takes.

Well, I do know this. Trump is making a concerted effort on at least balancing the budget, and a plan on cutting into the debt.

Whether that happens or not, it is nice to see a President actually recognize the problem.

Lemon Drop Husker
04-04-2017, 12:24 AM
:rolleyes: :bang:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/02/06/obama-donated-over-1-million-to-charity-as-president-heres-where-the-money-went/

Can't be Forbes.

My blocker won't let me get to the site of this BS article. Nice work Dan.

Just gonna troll and try to virus as many people as you can?

FantasticDan
04-04-2017, 12:28 AM
Can't be Forbes.

:rolleyes: It is Forbes, and it's a legitimate article. And there is no virus.

EasyGoer89
04-04-2017, 12:40 AM
:rolleyes: It is Forbes, and it's a legitimate article. And there is no virus.

I'm still waiting for the Forbes collectors item cover of Oprah, The Queen and Travie McCoy.

#fakenews

barahona44
04-04-2017, 12:55 AM
I'm still waiting for the Forbes collectors item cover of Oprah, The Queen and Travie McCoy.

#fakenews

You don't read Forbes much, do you?

Also "fake news" is now the new "racist", i.e. a word/ phrase that has been so wrongly overused , it has no meaning or impact anymore.

Clocker
04-04-2017, 01:20 AM
Well, I do know this. Trump is making a concerted effort on at least balancing the budget, and a plan on cutting into the debt.

I've seen no evidence of that. He is talking about little cuts to arts and public radio and so on. He has proposed nothing to deal with the huge problem of entitlements, just as Bush and Obama ignored them.

But he wants to cut taxes while increasing defense by $50 billion, who knows how many billion for "The Wall", and a $1 trillion infrastructure program. According to the Congressional Budget Office, the debt is on track for a $10 trillion increase over the next 10 years.

EasyGoer89
04-04-2017, 03:38 AM
You don't read Forbes much, do you?

Also "fake news" is now the new "racist", i.e. a word/ phrase that has been so wrongly overused , it has no meaning or impact anymore.

But calling trump a racist, bigot, etc those terms are still fresh, new and edgy?

Personally, when I hear "racism" I think the term is fake news, the left has trivialized real racism by overusing these terms where no racism or bigotry exists.

barahona44
04-04-2017, 08:02 AM
But calling trump a racist, bigot, etc those terms are still fresh, new and edgy?

Personally, when I hear "racism" I think the term is fake news, the left has trivialized real racism by overusing these terms where no racism or bigotry exists.

You made my point for me.

rastajenk
04-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Yeah, but whose fault is that? The Dem/Lib side of things began using the term in order to de-legitimize Trump and his voters. It's as if the other side broke a branch off that tree and is whacking the libs with it, maybe even saying, "Fake News? I'll show up Fake News!" It's a well-deserved beating that will not likely stop soon.

chadk66
04-04-2017, 09:24 AM

But hey, tbis should cover 3 or 4 ranger salaries :ThmbUp::rolleyes:My wife is a bean counter for the Dept. of Interior. Trust me they can function just fine with 1.5B less.

Tom
04-04-2017, 09:53 PM
You want to cut spending?
Tell every single budget-level person in the government, including the military, to submit one of the following to Trump by June 30:

1. A detailed plan outline 50% cuts for their areas, or
2. A letter of resignation.

_______
04-04-2017, 10:29 PM
Can't be Forbes.

Do you use an ad blocker? If so, you won't be able to access Forbes until you white page them.

They allow no ad free access.