PDA

View Full Version : Trump cuts U.N. Funding

JustRalph
04-03-2017, 10:02 PM
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/u-withdraws-funding-u-n-population-fund-002001041--business.html

Not going to pay for foreign abortions

chadk66
04-04-2017, 09:34 AM
bout damn time. I'd cut off every cent.

Inner Dirt
04-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Amazing to have a president who puts his country first and doesn't give a damn what anyone else thinks. Kind of refreshing after 8 years of someone who wanted to give away the farm and seemed ashamed to be an American.

boxcar
04-04-2017, 10:59 AM
https://ca.news.yahoo.com/u-withdraws-funding-u-n-population-fund-002001041--business.html

Not going to pay for foreign abortions

Very Kool! :cool::ThmbUp:

NJ Stinks
04-04-2017, 06:44 PM
Amazing to have a president who puts his country first and doesn't give a damn what anyone else thinks. Kind of refreshing after 8 years of someone who wanted to give away the farm and seemed ashamed to be an American.

I'm trying to understand what happened to people in their lives that would make them use a word like "amazing" when referring to Donny Boy. Not picking on you in particular, ID - lots of prez fans here.

davew
04-04-2017, 07:08 PM
I'm trying to understand what happened to people in their lives that would make them use a word like "amazing" when referring to Donny Boy. Not picking on you in particular, ID - lots of prez fans here.

amazing just in comparison to b a rat 0bamer

JustRalph
04-04-2017, 07:09 PM

Comparative analysis

Track Collector
04-04-2017, 07:29 PM
I'm trying to understand what happened to people in their lives that would make them use a word like "amazing" when referring to Donny Boy.

Well, one thing that I think happened is that collectively, we have become more "enlightened" as to the workings of Government and the people who run it, and we are disgusted by it. To various degrees, Government is both broken and corrupted, and folks recognized that the best means of improvement and change would need to be driven by someone who was outside of the existing "Establishment".

I do not know what has fueled your hate for Trump, but there is little doubt IMO that the heavily biased MSM has contributed greatly to that cause.

NJ Stinks
04-04-2017, 07:47 PM
Well, one thing that I think happened is that collectively, we have become more "enlightened" as to the workings of Government and the people who run it, and we are disgusted by it. To various degrees, Government is both broken and corrupted, and folks recognized that the best means of improvement and change would need to be driven by someone who was outside of the existing "Establishment".

I do not know what has fueled your hate for Trump, but there is little doubt IMO that the heavily biased MSM has contributed greatly to that cause.

I don't hate him. I find him more of an embarrassment to the country. And clueless - definitely clueless.

You think I'm swayed by MSM yet you think FOX and other conservative outlets are telling it like it is. It's a big problem for the country - this idea that we can't even agree what the facts are.

xtb
04-04-2017, 08:28 PM
I find him more of an embarrassment to the country.

How many of us felt for the last 8 years about the POTUS.

Tom
04-04-2017, 09:30 PM
Compared to that dirt bag Obama, Most people are amazing.
He was an embarrassment to our species.

Screw the UN - we should kick them off of our shores completely.

:ThmbUp: Trump!

Inner Dirt
04-05-2017, 09:53 AM

Name a past president who is strongly pro American and put his country first always and is proud to be an American, the last one sure wasn't, even having a wife who publicly bad mouthed this country. We haven't had any president in recent history push to keep jobs from leaving the country and try to bring others back. The buy American speak is rarely heard from politicians, probably because they don't want to step on the toes of foreign governments. Trump's billionaire loud mouth rival on the other side Mark Cuban, is a big proponent of outsourcing to foreign countries. Trump may have tons of warts but with him in charge the USA isn't going to be anyone's lap dog any more.

boxcar
04-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Name a past president who is strongly pro American and put his country first always and is proud to be an American, the last one sure wasn't, even having a wife who publicly bad mouthed this country. We haven't had any president in recent history push to keep jobs from leaving the country and try to bring others back. The buy American speak is rarely heard from politicians, probably because they don't want to step on the toes of foreign governments. Trump's billionaire loud mouth rival on the other side Mark Cuban, is a big proponent of outsourcing to foreign countries. Trump may have tons of warts but with him in charge the USA isn't going to be anyone's lap dog any more.

Well said! :ThmbUp: And whatever "warts" Trump has -- they're visible for all to see. He's pretty darn transparent (very much unlike BO!). He speaks what is on his mind and means what he says because he has been doing exactly what he said he would. This is why I like Trump -- faults, warts and all the rest.

Thebart
04-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Having worked in New York City for 30+ years it was impossible not to know about Trump before he ever uttered a word indicating a serious interest in politics, much less running for president.

The reality is that during his career he had ripped off people who worked for him, whether employees or contractors doing work on his projects. The guy's business model includes skipping out on the last payment or two of big contracts and basically saying "sue me." He does this with the knowledge that his lawyers can literally wait-out mid to smaller creditors who are no match for his high priced guns.

Trump is the master of self-promotion and most of that is total b.s. or as he would say "100 percent." Here's a guy who used to call New York City newspapers and television news rooms and gossip columnists and impersonate other people to spread rumors about himself.

One thing Trump isn't is a victim of the mainstream media. In fact, it is sinful that a guy who literally received - and continues to receive - $2billion in free media during his campaign - should complain about being screwed by the media. Networks literally spent hours showing pictures of empty arena stages while they were waiting for Trump to arrive and reruns of his speeches for days.

The most disturbing element of all is the so-called "fake news" nonsense. Crap would be a more accurate word. At any point that someone raises a question about something relating to Trump the quick and easy way to figure out if a charge is credible is to wait and see whether Trump responds by over the edge attacks not necessarily on the accuser, but on the messenger. In this case that's reporters doing their job.

The fact is most New Yorkers would tell you that based on his antics as a developer, builder, gambling mogul, Trump is a con man. The whole Trump University scam is just one big example. The "hand picked" (by Trump himself) Real Estate experts on the staff (you really can't call it a faculty) illustrates the con. So do the internal documents showing it was all about pumping up sales and not training people.

Then you have a guy who claims he doesn't drink liquor telling us his brand of vodka is the best on earth. Must be hearsay since he doesn't drink it.

Or is it the guy who says buy and build in America but has his ties and other apparel made in China and other dollar-a-day labor markets. Or is it the fraudster who tells everyone to "hire Americans," but imports foreign help to employ as servers in his gourmet country club restaurants. It is simply a lie that you can't find competent help right here at home.

The guy is a fake. It is truly sad that so many Republicans have put principle in the back seat to support this fake. It is even more disgusting that supporters of guys like Cruz, and Rubio, have now turned a blind eye to the way Trump and his invisible Tweeters screwed these candidates to benefit Trump. The story hidden in the Russian scandal is not that their Tweets targeted Clinton to benefit Trump, it's that before they ever focused on Clinton they targeted Rubio and Cruz to take them out. Until Rubio recently commented, no one has blown the whistle on this part of the scandal.

One day true conservatives will wake up. When they do it is likely Trump will have taken the country for one big ride as he and his sleazy cast of cronies raped the country for fun and personal profit.

_______
04-05-2017, 07:26 PM
Having worked in New York City for 30+ years it was impossible not to know about Trump before he ever uttered a word indicating a serious interest in politics, much less running for president.

The reality is that during his career he had ripped off people who worked for him, whether employees or contractors doing work on his projects. The guy's business model includes skipping out on the last payment or two of big contracts and basically saying "sue me." He does this with the knowledge that his lawyers can literally wait-out mid to smaller creditors who are no match for his high priced guns.

Trump is the master of self-promotion and most of that is total b.s. or as he would say "100 percent." Here's a guy who used to call New York City newspapers and television news rooms and gossip columnists and impersonate other people to spread rumors about himself.

One thing Trump isn't is a victim of the mainstream media. In fact, it is sinful that a guy who literally received - and continues to receive - $2billion in free media during his campaign - should complain about being screwed by the media. Networks literally spent hours showing pictures of empty arena stages while they were waiting for Trump to arrive and reruns of his speeches for days.

The most disturbing element of all is the so-called "fake news" nonsense. Crap would be a more accurate word. At any point that someone raises a question about something relating to Trump the quick and easy way to figure out if a charge is credible is to wait and see whether Trump responds by over the edge attacks not necessarily on the accuser, but on the messenger. In this case that's reporters doing their job.

The fact is most New Yorkers would tell you that based on his antics as a developer, builder, gambling mogul, Trump is a con man. The whole Trump University scam is just one big example. The "hand picked" (by Trump himself) Real Estate experts on the staff (you really can't call it a faculty) illustrates the con. So do the internal documents showing it was all about pumping up sales and not training people.

Then you have a guy who claims he doesn't drink liquor telling us his brand of vodka is the best on earth. Must be hearsay since he doesn't drink it.

Or is it the guy who says buy and build in America but has his ties and other apparel made in China and other dollar-a-day labor markets. Or is it the fraudster who tells everyone to "hire Americans," but imports foreign help to employ as servers in his gourmet country club restaurants. It is simply a lie that you can't find competent help right here at home.

The guy is a fake. It is truly sad that so many Republicans have put principle in the back seat to support this fake. It is even more disgusting that supporters of guys like Cruz, and Rubio, have now turned a blind eye to the way Trump and his invisible Tweeters screwed these candidates to benefit Trump. The story hidden in the Russian scandal is not that their Tweets targeted Clinton to benefit Trump, it's that before they ever focused on Clinton they targeted Rubio and Cruz to take them out. Until Rubio recently commented, no one has blown the whistle on this part of the scandal.

One day true conservatives will wake up. When they do it is likely Trump will have taken the country for one big ride as he and his sleazy cast of cronies raped the country for fun and personal profit.

He's a puffer.

If you have ever worked in Real Estate, you've met a hundred of him.

A view of a warehouse district is "An Incredible Skyline". A standard fireplace insert is "The Grandest Fireplace In The City". Everything he says is in ALL CAPS.

I don't know why no one gets this.

chadk66
04-05-2017, 08:52 PM
He's a puffer.

A view of a warehouse district is "An Incredible Skyline". A standard fireplace insert is "The Grandest Fireplace In The City". Everything he says is in ALL CAPS.

I don't know why no one gets this.it's because nobody cares. he was elected to drain the swamp and the swamp is being drained. nothing more/nothing less. Really not hard to understand.

Tom
04-05-2017, 09:17 PM
The Bart = NJ Stinks with more paragraphs.

Wake up, pal you're a day late and a dollar short.
He won and now he is delivering on his promises.

:pound::pound::pound:

davew
04-05-2017, 09:39 PM
He's a puffer.

I don't know why no one gets this.

Could you explain to the people who do not work in New York city what your definition of 'a puffer' is?

_______
04-05-2017, 10:04 PM
Could you explain to the people who do not work in New York city what your definition of 'a puffer' is?

I thought my 3rd paragraph did that.

Tom
04-05-2017, 10:10 PM
I thought that paragraph was defining democrats.

davew
04-05-2017, 10:32 PM
I thought my 3rd paragraph did that.

A puffer is a view of a warehouse district "An Incredible Skyline" or a standard fireplace insert "The Grandest Fireplace In The City"?

_______
04-05-2017, 10:40 PM
A puffer is a view of a warehouse district "An Incredible Skyline" or a standard fireplace insert "The Grandest Fireplace In The City"?

No. It's the person who describes those commonplace items in those over the top terms.

If you follow his patterns of speech, you hear it all the time. Every event he's involved with is "really, really fantastic". If he wasn't involved, it was a "complete catastrophe".

Puffer.

NJ Stinks
04-05-2017, 10:51 PM
The biggest clue for the entire country about Donny Boy is this:

He got 18% of the vote in his home town - New York City. Even more revealing about the man is that he only got 10% of the vote in Manhattan and he lives in Manhattan! :bang: (And don't tell me NYC always go for Dems - NYC mayors seem to be GOP half the time.)

Link: http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-vote-in-new-york-city-staten-island-2016-11

Anybody who knows how this guy operates knows he is a shyster. If he is doing things you like then you have caught a favorable wind. If you think:

1. Cutting the IRS is budget is a good thing, think Greece. Nobody paid squat there in taxes because nobody enforced the tax laws. Believe me, rich people especially benefit from less audits being done - not people paying withholding taxes and living on their W-2's. And since it's common knowledge that the rich pay the most in federal taxes, that ain't going to help build roads, pay for Medicaid or other entitlements. Only the military will avoid cuts because rich people need somebody to protect their stuff.

2. Cutting federal taxes is going to be great, just wait until your real estate taxes go up because your state is getting less funding from the federal government because the federal government is collecting less money.

3. Voiding EPA regulations is a money maker and certainly to some degree a job creator, you are correct. But if you have kids and grandkids, how can this onslaught on the environment be anything but a reckless toss of the dice with "funds" you can't afford to lose?

I could go on but I'm tired of typing.

JustRalph
04-05-2017, 11:05 PM
it's because nobody cares. he was elected to drain the swamp and the swamp is being drained. nothing more/nothing less. Really not hard to understand.

Exactly right. It was more about who he wasn't, than who he is.

It's an actual real estate term. When I went to real estate school we spent about an hour talking about being a "puffer" and the ethics and limits of exaggerated descriptions in real estate ads etc

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 11:29 PM

One day true conservatives will wake up. When they do it is likely Trump will have taken the country for one big ride as he and his sleazy cast of cronies raped the country for fun and personal profit.Oh my. Whatever shall I do now? :eek:

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 11:31 PM
it's because nobody cares.Bingo. That about covers me. I could give two shits what he did as a real estate salesman...salesmen will be salesmen...

If he's able to "puff" his way to better trade deals, all the better...

kingfin66
04-06-2017, 12:50 AM
I don't hate him. I find him more of an embarrassment to the country. And clueless - definitely clueless.

You think I'm swayed by MSM yet you think FOX and other conservative outlets are telling it like it is. It's a big problem for the country - this idea that we can't even agree what the facts are.

I think people would be wise to watch more what the other side is reporting. All Fox does for a conservative, and MSNBC for a liberal, is validate ones views.

davew
04-06-2017, 12:58 AM
One day true democrats will wake up. When they do, they will realize Clintons and 0bama have taken the country for one big ride as they and their sleazy cast of cronies raped the country and world for fun and personal profit.

I tried to fix your statement as well as I could.

chadk66
04-06-2017, 07:31 AM
Exactly right. It was more about who he wasn't, than who he is.

It's an actual real estate term. When I went to real estate school we spent about an hour talking about being a "puffer" and the ethics and limits of exaggerated descriptions in real estate ads etcbut the libs will go on and on like we should care. but we don't. He was elected to drain the swamp, build the wall, fix the deficit/debt, kick political correctness in the nuts, etc. He is well on his way! And the libs know it and it's driving em nuts. What took thirty years for them to accomplish he is killing in a few months :lol:

NJ Stinks
04-06-2017, 12:05 PM
I think people would be wise to watch more what the other side is reporting. All Fox does for a conservative, and MSNBC for a liberal, is validate ones views.

I agree. Although my FOX viewing is limited to The Five; Bill O when I'm jumping around at 8:00pm between CNN, MSNBC, and FOX; some Special Report with Bret Baier; Shepard Smith doing the news; and some Media Buzz with Howard Kurtz. It's actually a bit easier to digest FOX News now that Obama can't be blamed for everything and anything. And, of course, it helps that FOX/Murdoch are not all-in with Donny Boy yet.

reckless
04-08-2017, 09:53 AM
I agree. Although my FOX viewing is limited to The Five; Bill O when I'm jumping around at 8:00pm between CNN, MSNBC, and FOX; some Special Report with Bret Baier; Shepard Smith doing the news; and some Media Buzz with Howard Kurtz. It's actually a bit easier to digest FOX News now that Obama can't be blamed for everything and anything. And, of course, it helps that FOX/Murdoch are not all-in with Donny Boy yet.

You didn't mention Tucker Carlson, Stinks. How come? I guess you cannot stomach a smart right-of-center journalist who make fools of your liberal shills each and every night. We understand.

Tom
04-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
I agree. Although my FOX viewing is limited to The Five;

No kidding?
You watch the 5?
I always thought you were secretly Bob Beckel! ;)

I hate to tell you this, but you watch much more FOX than I do!:lol:

Jess Hawsen Arown
04-09-2017, 10:34 AM

Growing up in New York City, I was never a Trump fan. I was a Trump mocker when he said he would run, and then watching him in the early debates. I did not understand why he was so popular.

Then I understood and watched him grow. I started paying closer attention to what he was saying and moved from mocker to supporter.

Then he becomes President and is the FIRST PRESIDENT IN AMERICAN HISTORY (if not the world) to put a priority to living up to his promises. Amazing! Unbelievable! and right now on his way to becoming the greatest American President in history!!

So far:

1) De-emphasizing climate change.
2) De-regulating business
3) Nominating a Supreme Court judge who will follow the Constitution
4) Enforcing laws that criminalize illegal aliens
5) Actually standing up to Syria (remember Obama's line in the sand)
6) Cutting back foreign aid (and the United Nations boondoggle)
7) Bringing back jobs; economy improving
8) Foreign countries KNOW that they can no longer push the US around.

There is actually more. And its only been 3 months!

Then of course there is the immeasurable joy at watching Democrats and Generation Snowflake freak out at the mere mention of his name.