PDA

View Full Version : Is Always Dreaming the Real Deal?

Bigadam119
04-03-2017, 07:11 PM
The Beyer came back a little low, but that was visually impressive. The time was good too.

arw629
04-03-2017, 09:17 PM
He had a favorable post, a perfect set-up, a perfect trip, and the next best horse had a very unfavorable post at a distance where horses rarely win from. That being said he probably was never going to lose the race but he is a little dressed up bc of the above circumstances. There is a good chance he goes favored in the derby but I think the jury is still out.

I have a futures exacta box with Always Dreaming, Battalion Runner, Malagacy, One Liner, and Tapwrit bc I really like the job Pletcher has done this yr on the derby trail and I don't think there is much separating these 5. My personal preference goes to One Liner and I'm looking forward to his next start.

Lemon Drop Husker
04-03-2017, 10:31 PM
The Beyer came back a little low, but that was visually impressive. The time was good too.

Can't see it.

Florida Derby field showed up weak on Saturday. Too many took back to try and hold of Gunnevera, and Always Dreaming took advantage.

Good horse. Not even close to being convinced come the 1st Saturday in May. Goes off as chalk, I can't wait to bet against.

Dahoss9698
04-03-2017, 10:42 PM
Can't see it.

Florida Derby field showed up weak on Saturday. Too many took back to try and hold of Gunnevera, and Always Dreaming took advantage.

Good horse. Not even close to being convinced come the 1st Saturday in May. Goes off as chalk, I can't wait to bet against.

You think he's going to be the Derby chalk?

Hoops McCann
04-04-2017, 10:56 AM
You think he's going to be the Derby chalk?

i'd guess it will be either McCraken or Tapwrit

Robert Fischer
04-04-2017, 04:55 PM
He looks like the real deal. That doesn't mean that I think he will necessarily be in the top half of the Derby finishers.

Dealing with a lot of 'unknowns' with this horse. More than probably all of the other likely chalk.

He's never faced any adversity in a route race.

He's never faced any adversity in a route race.

May be looking at the WINNER this year...
of the Haskell,
or may be sidelined by then...

May even win or contend the Kentucky Derby if he gets a good break and a moderate pace...

no breathalyzer
04-04-2017, 05:21 PM
i'd guess it will be either McCraken or Tapwrit

Bettors couldn't get enough in the latest future pool.. too low for my liking

Fager Fan
04-04-2017, 05:33 PM
He did nothing for me, for whatever that's worth. I'll be looking elsewhere. I doubt he'll be the favorite either. There are at least 3 horses ahead of him in McCracken, Tapwrit, and Classic Empire. Whichever one of those looks best this weekend should be the favorite.