PDA

View Full Version : How the Democrats can get back on track...

letswastemoney
03-31-2017, 09:49 AM
Here is my advice for the Democratic party.

1) Get away from pushing open borders. Stop promoting illegal immigration too. It's indefensible to a lot of people, including Democrats.

2) Start condemning violent protests. All my liberal friends (especially younger ones) think it's pretty normal for their side to take the law into their own hands and commit violence to get what they want. This kind of thinking needs to end, but party leaders (including Obama) aren't discouraging the behavior.

3) Tolerate Islam, but don't vigorously defend it. I don't want to hear about how Islam is the new "feminism" because it's not. The idea is absurd. It's a religion that will take us back hundreds of years if somehow it becomes the majority in the Western world.

With that said, it is understood there are plenty of harmless Muslims.

4) Stop trying to rig the media in your favor. The WikiLeaks prove there was collusion between the DNC and mainstream media organizations. No ones likes cheaters.

A lot of my beliefs are still left leaning, especially on health care as I believe that is a right for all legal US Citizens. But the way Democrats and liberals act sometimes makes me sick.

chadk66
03-31-2017, 11:07 AM
so in other words stick the gun in their mouths and pull the trigger:pound:

davew
03-31-2017, 11:35 AM
They should just split the party and have the new part call themselves something like xenocentric revolutionary party

Jess Hawsen Arown
03-31-2017, 11:43 AM
They should just split the party and have the new part call themselves something like xenocentric revolutionary party

We desperately need a viable third party. The only people besides the far left wackos who vote for today's Democrats are those who have voted Democrat all their lives and are physically and emotionally incapable of doing otherwise.

To those people, THIS IS NOT YOUR PARENT'S DEMOCRATIC PARTY.

Neither Harry Truman nor JFK would belong. Could you imagine either of them agreeing with Harry Reid or Nancy Pelosi on anything? :bang:

johnhannibalsmith
03-31-2017, 11:50 AM
I'll add my own personal recommendation that would bring them more voters than anything:

Be humble. Stand for things. Don't be the best every time it works out and 'unaware' when it doesn't. Don't tell me that we must do this or we can't do that today, and then the opposite in four years when the construct of Congress has changed.

Be genuine and be sincere and fall on your sword and take chances and fail and fail and fail then succeed. Do something other than maneuvering for re-election. Be a public servant.

Whichever party finds four prominent members to act like that gets that coveted and elusive century of rule that has been passed around like a hot potato lately.

chadk66
03-31-2017, 12:26 PM
what we need is to end party politics. no more party affiliations. people would have to do their own investigations on who to vote for. end endorsements from newspapers, etc.

barahona44
03-31-2017, 12:37 PM
Get back to the center! If the Bernie babies think they'll be better off voting GOP, let 'em.

Jess Hawsen Arown
03-31-2017, 12:43 PM
what we need is to end party politics. no more party affiliations. people would have to do their own investigations on who to vote for. end endorsements from newspapers, etc.

When I went to school (along with Abe Lincoln) our teachers EMPHASIZED voting for the candidate and not the political party.

chadk66
03-31-2017, 02:29 PM
When I went to school (along with Abe Lincoln) our teachers EMPHASIZED voting for the candidate and not the political party.I know. Those were the days.:ThmbUp:

fast4522
03-31-2017, 09:37 PM
Here is my advice for the Democratic party.

1) Get away from pushing open borders. Stop promoting illegal immigration too. It's indefensible to a lot of people, including Democrats.

2) Start condemning violent protests. All my liberal friends (especially younger ones) think it's pretty normal for their side to take the law into their own hands and commit violence to get what they want. This kind of thinking needs to end, but party leaders (including Obama) aren't discouraging the behavior.

3) Tolerate Islam, but don't vigorously defend it. I don't want to hear about how Islam is the new "feminism" because it's not. The idea is absurd. It's a religion that will take us back hundreds of years if somehow it becomes the majority in the Western world.

With that said, it is understood there are plenty of harmless Muslims.

4) Stop trying to rig the media in your favor. The WikiLeaks prove there was collusion between the DNC and mainstream media organizations. No ones likes cheaters.

A lot of my beliefs are still left leaning, especially on health care as I believe that is a right for all legal US Citizens. But the way Democrats and liberals act sometimes makes me sick.

Largely they are screwed because they are on the wrong side of the pendulum that is still in the middle of the momentum swinging to the right, once it completes its swing it will either take its time reversing its direction or start its swing left. What most do not realize is how far left it was prior to its swing. Taking everything into consideration of the last twenty years plus the very real threats we face now are horrifying enough to provide continued momentum to continue the swing to the right.

Tom
04-01-2017, 10:08 AM
The only track that worthless party should be on is railroad
tracks.

They care nothing liars and cheaters and thieves.

Que Cher:

"Cheaters, liars, thieves,
The party of the people has become.
We call them cheaters, liars, thieves,
And every night, CNN would come around,
and lay the fake news down."