PDA

View Full Version : Friday @ the Spa

Bubbles
07-29-2004, 07:35 PM
First expedition up north this summer. Here goes...

Race 1: MARQUET RENT (#1, 3-1): Bounced last out going longer at Belmont, won back-to-back starts before that. Big threat to bounce back.

Race 2: BIG APPLE DADDY (#1, 8-1): Firster gets lasix in his debut. Has worked well at Calder, and showed he liked the slop with a bullet work on 7/24. Might be a nice price.

Race 3: HERMIONE'S MAGIC (#3, 8/5, BEST BET): Hard to go against this graded-stakes placed filly. Won for fun on Independence Day, and fired a bullet here on 7/24. Add Pletcher and Johnny V, and you have a legit odds-on favorite.

Race 4: CARIBBEAN CRUISER (#5, 12-1): This puzzles me. This horse breezed three furlongs from the gate in :34 3/5 on 7/26. It was his third bullet in a row, and fifth bullet in his last seven moves. AND HE'S 12-1.:confused: Bet with both hands if double-digits.

Race 5: MINNI SANGUE (#13, 8-1): This is the second start off a layoff for this consistent filly. She likes this track and has had success on it (2-1-1-0), making her the top pick.

Race 6: EXAGGERATE THIS (#8, 5/2): Went turf-to-dirt at Hollywood last out and ran a decent second. His works in New York are solid, and Pletcher and Velasquez team up again.

Race 7: HOUSTON'S PRAYER (#3, 4-1): Ran a 107 Beyer at this distance at Belmont two back. Tried going long at Delaware, but failed. Was always a sprinter, and Prado gets the mount for Iwinski; may be a slight overlay due to his flop going longer.

Race 8, the Bernard Baruch: SILVER TREE (#6, 2-1): Ran third in the G3 Poker last out after a three-wide trip. He may be a miler at heart, but he should be able to handle this distance for the always-dangerous team of Bailey and Mott.

Race 9: BELLANIQUE (#9, 7/2): Has taken a liking to the green stuff in her last two starts, and comes back fresh for Serpe. Gets Prado, and should handle this field of NY-breds in Friday's finale.

Pick Six carryover is up over $186,000. Good luck to those trying to hit it!

Best,
Bub's

SilverSow
07-29-2004, 08:17 PM
Hi all...

Guess I can tell who Bubbles learned from... no surprise we agree on quite a bit of tomorrow's card, I guess... I'll just post numbers for each race, and I'll take most of the races 2 deep and just for fun come back later & see how that'd absolutely CRUSH the pick-6 carryover... LOL

1st : 7 (with 1 & 5)

2nd: 2 (with 1 & 8)

3rd: 2 - 1

4th: 5 - 1 (with 7)

5th: 5 - 6

6th: 4 - 2 (with 8)

7th: 2 - 3 (with 7)

8th: 6 - 7

9th: 9 - 6 ( 1 - 13 (on the AE list) in the superfecta)

And when ya get to Big Red Spring... "Don't drink the water..."
LOL

Dave

Bubbles
07-30-2004, 07:37 PM
Nine races, nine picks, one scratch, and five wins. And I STILL lose $18 on the day.

Are we having fun yet? :) :D ;)