PDA

View Full Version : NYRA-YEAR ROUND, BEAT THE PUBLIC CAPPER $200 CONTEST!

EMD4ME
03-30-2017, 04:18 PM
Hello PA land,

As you may know, one of the greatest threads in the history of PA was closed this week due to trolling, violation of terms of service, bullying and the usual behavior by many posters on here.

After it closed, I was waiting for the Main Track meet to create another similar thread BUT ONLY BETTER. To be frank, if the old thread wasn't manuevered to be closed, we could've kept that one and simply improved it.

Since Sunday night, an imitated thread has been created, by the main person who violated Terms of Service, bullied people around and finally got the thread closed. Often imitated never duplicated is what comes to mind :)

So, I'm sure you're anxious to know what the new version is so here goes:

I love NYRA so much AND love seeing people compete. So, I decided to MERGE the 2 :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

I've decided, to put up a $200 Gift Card*, to ANY poster who can BEAT the NYRA Public Cappers !!!

My offer is the following: If you can beat the NYRA public cappers (Andy Serling, David Aragona, Ernie Munick, Travis Stone, Maggie Wolfendale and Anthony Stabile) for a meet (starting with the AQU Main track meet), I will personally give the winner a $200 gift card. There are some rules and here they are:

1) You must have a $2.00 ROI for the meet. ($2 to win on 1 horse in a race)
2) You must select at least 4 races per racing day. (If a card cancels after 3 races, obviously that doesn't DQ anyone. If you select 4 scratched horses, there is no direct DQ but it does hurt you if you don't meet the 80 race requirement at meets end).
2A) You can skip a day but must meet the minimum race requirement of 80 picks for the 4 week Main Track meet.
3) Your ROI must be higher than all 6 of the Public Capper's ROI.
4) 1 horse is selected to win for the races that you choose to select. You can select a back up choice(s) in a race as horses do scratch.
5) All selections needs to be in before 11:00 AM EST.
6) 1 winner will receive the prize. If more than 1 Poster has a higher ROI than the NYRA cappers, then the 1 poster with the highest ROI wins. We will break down an ROI to the 5th decimal if need be. If there is still a tie, the Gift Card will be split amongst the winners.
7) When selecting entries, please be specific. If you choose the 1A and the 1A is scratched, you will not have a wager. If you say 1 & 1A, you have either.

Subject to PA's approval (I checked the TOS, doesn't specifically say one can't give out money for free-I am not looking to advertise anything but if you want me to advertise PA, I can. I'll pick a foundation of your choice).

If PA is not ok with me giving away free money, then I'd love to work something out with the winner 1-on-1.

If PA is ok with the prize, I'd be happy to mail it out tomorrow, to him, so he can hold it, till the winner is crowned.

As with the ORIGINAL thread. We are here to talk horses. We are here to discuss replays, possible trips, prior trips, track BIASES and all visual/creative aspects to handicapping. Of course, we want to know who you like and WHO YOU ARE SELECTING :ThmbUp: After all, it is a selection thread.

I look forward to rekindling the awesome mojo the ORIGINAL thread had, minus that negative riff raff and minus the cheap imitation.

To paraphrase PA, any violation of TOS, bullying, inappropriate posts are unacceptable. I am so proud of PA for implementing these new rules and I am thankful that he is here to protect us.

Tomorrow is the 1st card of the new meet, so you have just under 19 hours to get picks in.

Here are the public cappers picks for Friday March 31st, 2017:

Travis Stone

Race 1 4-1-2-6
Race 2 2-8-7-1
Race 3 5-7-4-3
Race 4 3-2-1-6
Race 5 1-2-6-4
Race 6 6-7-5-2
Race 7 1-8-5-6
Race 8 8-7-4-5
Race 9 3-9-10-6

A second public capper's picks should be up in the morning, I'll post them when I see them.

Finally, as this is new, I am sure there will be something we can improve. Don't be shy to recommend any ideas you may have.

Sincerely,

EMD4ME

PaceAdvantage
03-30-2017, 04:27 PM
Listen, either offer the prize in the thread that already exists, or don't. But don't start other threads and AGAIN look to start trouble by accusing others of trolling or whatever the hell you're doing here.

I am REALLY TIRED of your shtick at this moment...REALLY TIRED of it.

I can't even believe you have the balls to continue doing things like this.

You must really, really want to get booted out of here. That's fine.