PDA

View Full Version : Trump Throws My Congressman Under the Bus

Ocala Mike
03-30-2017, 02:31 PM
Along with all members of the Freedom Caucus, now on his enemies list. My representative is Ted ("Oh No") Yoho, one of the less illustrious members of this group.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/30/trump-on-freedom-caucus-must-fight-them.html

barahona44
03-30-2017, 02:58 PM
"Yoho"? Sounds like a snack cake Hostess might manufacture, a combination of Yodels and HoHo's.

The Donald is going to have to learn that he can't just pick up the phone and bark out orders and threats to his coterie of Yes men lIke in the good old days.Congress is going to bite back, whether he likes it or not..

Ocala Mike
03-30-2017, 03:13 PM
He votes like that, too, barahona. He's a horse doctor by trade in a safe, gerrymandered district of N Central Florida, including my area of Marion County, and he votes like a horse's ass. He was the one who said years back that it would be ok for the US to default on its international debt.

What can I say, I'm blue in a red district.

Tom
03-30-2017, 09:35 PM
Normally, I am in favor of throwing elected officials under or in the path of any handy vehicles.

But by attacking the conservatives and siding with Ryan, Donny is becoming part of the swamp.

EXTREMELY stupid move on his part.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-30-2017, 09:39 PM
"Yoho"? Sounds like a snack cake Hostess might manufacture, a combination of Yodels and HoHo's.

The Donald is going to have to learn that he can't just pick up the phone and bark out orders and threats to his coterie of Yes men lIke in the good old days.Congress is going to bite back, whether he likes it or not..

Yes, Florida has so many respectable reps. :pound:

The swamp needs to be drained.

Snowflakes need to be de-brainwashed.

We'll give it some time.

boxcar
03-30-2017, 10:23 PM
Normally, I am in favor of throwing elected officials under or in the path of any handy vehicles.

But by attacking the conservatives and siding with Ryan, Donny is becoming part of the swamp.

EXTREMELY stupid move on his part.

But predictable. I think many Trump voters understood that Trump is not an ideological in his politics but is the quintessential pragmatist.

Tom
04-01-2017, 10:10 AM
You don't drain the swamp by swimming it it.
Trumps needs to make an immediate course correction.
Hanging around Ryan will lead to nothing good ever.
Ryan is the enemy.
Ryan is the swamp rat.

johnhannibalsmith
04-01-2017, 11:12 AM
He did decide that the Swamp Keeper should be his Chief-o'-Staff so we aren't talking unprecedented.

boxcar
04-01-2017, 01:10 PM
You don't drain the swamp by swimming it it.
Trumps needs to make an immediate course correction.
Hanging around Ryan will lead to nothing good ever.
Ryan is the enemy.
Ryan is the swamp rat.

I doubt Trump will. He's simply not an ideologue. (I wish he was -- but my wishing isn't going to change what he is in his heart and soul.)

But maybe he'll come around to compromise with the Freedom Caucus. From what I understand, there are nine mandates "hard-coded" into ObamaCare. As it stands now, Trump and Co. will only get rid of two of those mandates immediately in phase one. The FC supposedly will play ball with Trump if he agrees to eliminate two more mandates, which would essentially gut ObamaCare.

Tom
04-01-2017, 05:50 PM
That ridiculous bill last week would have added an inch or two of goo to the swamp.

It was a bad bill and anyone who supported it is an idiot.
If that included Trump, so be it.

FantasticDan
04-01-2017, 06:30 PM
"Yoho"? Sounds like a snack cake Hostess might manufacture, a combination of Yodels and HoHo's.You know Rep Yoho.. he's the Yahoo who said Nunes "works for and answers to the President"..

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/ted-yoho-misspoke-devin-nunes-works-for-the-president-236705

Yoho later apologized for mis-speaking the truth :lol::bang: