5. Quinentos, Enrique A. Sanchez, Carlos Montalvo, 50-1
6. Coleman Rocky, Gustavo Delgado, Jose Ortiz, 30-1
7. Unbridled Holiday, Patrick Biancone, Nik Juarez, 30-1
8. Impressive Edge, Dale Romans, Corey Lanerie, 12-1
9. Battalion Runner, Todd Pletcher, John Velazquez, 3-1
10. Three Rules, Jose Pinchin, Luis Saez, 8-1
11. Gunnevera, Antonio Sano, Javier Castellano, 9-5

A couple quick notes:
:4: Another Mr. P on top and Buckpasser-x. Dosage numbers look good.
:8: I despise Storm Cat on top but he's got the Buckpasser-x and Dale Romans has a knack of screwing up my tickets.
:9: Nicely bred Mr. P on top, Buckpasser-x. Lots of dosage points including 2 professional suggests horse could go long.
:11: The favorite looks vulnerable from this post. The FOY was slow but was it the track or the horse? The dosage on this one suggests he can go far with 30 total including the rare 2 solid and 3 professional points. If there was a Belmont future wager I'd already be considering this one. He's got the Buckpasser-x as well.

Maybe I'll box those four and call it a day. I'll anxiously await the fractions for my future wagers. Fast closers in the Florida Derby have performed phenomenally on the triple crown trail.

PowerUpPaynter
03-29-2017, 02:30 PM
Battalion Runner im pretty sure is scratching and either going to the Wood or to Arkansas

sbcaris
03-29-2017, 02:30 PM
Tornado: Always Dreaming, the 4 horse does not have Buckpasser in the X passing position.

LottaKash
03-29-2017, 03:49 PM
Battalion Runner im pretty sure is scratching and either going to the Wood or to Arkansas

Just curious PUP, what would lead you to believe that that may be possible, the scractch and journey elsewhere?...

f2tornado
03-29-2017, 05:37 PM
Tornado: Always Dreaming, the 4 horse does not have Buckpasser in the X passing position.

Correct and thanks for the note. No dam side Buckpasser period. Not sure what the heck I was looking at but it wasn't the pedigree for Always Dreaming. The horse also has a DI of 5.00 which typically doesn't bode well for the distance. I might have to toss that one from the win pool.

señorclipclop
03-29-2017, 06:03 PM
I'm ready to bet the house on Battalion Runner if he runs here.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-29-2017, 08:02 PM
So. Much. Speed. In. Here.

And then we throw 9Fs for the first time at these?

Almost seems like a layup for Gunnevera, but 9Fs out of the 11 hole at GS presents many problems no matter the running style.

I'm looking at :8: Impressive Edge as a decent shot in here. Yeah, yeah, he beat nobody last out, and in the Swale he got flat out spanked.

I'll need 8/1 at worst, but 12/1 or more and I see it as a solid WP wager.

Legit contenders in the :1::9::10: are of front running style. That is 2 legit contenders on the rough outside at GS at 9Fs. Throw in the :3:, and likely some others, and this thing screams meltdown.

If everybody and their dog sees that, and we get a walk, the :4: Always Dreaming becomes a bit appetizing.

nancy4487
03-29-2017, 10:26 PM
While 11 were entered in the Florida Derby, only 10 are expected to start. Always Dreaming and Battalion Runner both passed the entry box for trainer Todd Pletcher, but he is expected to only send out allowance winner Always Dreaming Saturday. Hall of Fame jockey John Velazquez is named on both colts.

As per Bloodhorse

boys at tosconova
03-29-2017, 10:46 PM
1. State of Honor, Mark Casse, Julien Leparoux, 8-1
4. Always Dreaming, Todd Pletcher, John Velazquez, 4-1

wow....5 of the easiest tosses i've ever seen. only reason i didn't auto toss the 8 is because he shown a lil' more than them, but this horse is not only cheap but distance challenged well...he really belongs in the auto toss category as well.

the 1 and 10 don't look like the eventual winner, only possible 2nd/3rd.....and the 9 is scratched.

that leaves pletcher on the 4...who still has some questions,,,and the favorite 11.

PhantomOnTour
03-30-2017, 12:02 AM
The :7:Unbridled Holiday looks all set to run a good race, ML 30-1

Robert Fischer
03-30-2017, 02:47 AM
Opinions
Always Dreaming = monster. Should bury this field.

Biancone's horse holiday? Is good enough to hit board.
Rocko Coleman closed against slow pace, have to watch replay and form opinion.
Guinever is a solid G2 type of router, but Always Dreaming is just way too good, the post draw hurts, and the odds will be way to low.
Three Rules has puncher's chance. FFOY was dominated by late/middle moves PJ and G= leaving door open for Three Rules upgrade.

Always Dreaming crushes , +becomes one of the hype horses.

f2tornado
03-30-2017, 01:30 PM
Additional thoughts:

:1: I'm not big playing flattery but in his last two starts he was beat by arguably two of the best 3 year old colts in the country. Trainer 28% turning the lights back on. Decent work last Saturday. Leparoux has done well this year so I will grudgingly call the pilot a plus.

:4: I like the sire line but the dosage is tough for the distance. Brisnet speed figures are weak but he was essentially unchallenged last out. JV has been hot at the track ending up in the winners circle more than 1 in 5 shots. Front running style could be deceiving as there was no hot pace last out. I expect a run more like his maiden races sitting just off the leaders. I predict he fades in the final panel.

:9: Assumed to scratch otherwise intriguing.

:10: Gotta admire the class. Speed figures decent as well. He's also what I call the horses for courses never missing the board at the track.

:11: I don't like the outside at Gulf but I think it's a minor player given he's more of a closer. Superior and gradually albeit slowly improving speed figs and only missed the board once at the track early in career. JC also hits the winners circle about 1 in 5 shots there. I think this is a slightly vulnerable favorite but see nothing else to take a firm stand against. He will be my exotics key for most wagers.

:11:/:1::10:/:1::3::4::10: is probably my tri wager.

f2tornado
03-30-2017, 01:54 PM
:11:/:1::10:/:1::4::8::10: is probably my tri wager.

Fixed. Romans regularly screws up my tickets which means the 8 will place.

señorclipclop
03-30-2017, 06:04 PM
I see a replay of the 2011 Florida Derby, with Gunnevera reprising the role of his sire, and State of Honor playing the role of a stubbornly game Shackleford.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-30-2017, 06:16 PM
I see a replay of the 2011 Florida Derby, with Gunnevera reprising the role of his sire, and State of Honor playing the role of a stubbornly game Shackleford.

Really really interesting thought right there senor. :ThmbUp:

Only problem is State of Honor isn't 80/1.

boys at tosconova
03-30-2017, 07:08 PM
state of honor takes off the blinks. i don;t know how i feel about that. on one hand they're trying to possibly get more by racing a little differently, and on the other hand he might be compromised because of it

when i look at him i view him as a horse that isn't getting better, or give you any indication that he will be better.

boys at tosconova
03-30-2017, 07:15 PM
i get the feeling that the pletcher camp is only worried about gunnavera. there also seems to be a quiet confidence about always dreaming as well.

i never pay too much attention to works and drool over them, but the horse looks very determined and all business.

his last race he prolly could have won by 10L if he wanted to

Robert Fischer
03-30-2017, 09:28 PM
Highest% 'churn' bet may actually be 'Place' on 4.
'Win' on 4 is also a great bet.

Tempting are the vertical exotics...
1 is a stone-cold 'Key'. He's a legitimate horse to finish in the top four, if this race will run on the moon, but with his forward position and inside post draw, this is a big opportunity. 8-1 is generous, and you don't really have to use him on top.
7 is a big long shot who you want to 'double-Key' along with 1.
To cut down on bet-size, I'm looking to occupy 3rd&4th slot with the double-key.

Wager Menu game plan:

4 singled in multis.
PLACE on 4

Supers
4/1/6781011/All
4/6781011/1/All
4/6781011/6781011/1
4/16781011/167/167

1. State of Honor, Mark Casse, Julien Leparoux, 8-1
2. Talk Logistics, Eddie Plesa Jr., Joe Bravo, 30-1
3. Charlie the Greek, Mikhail Yanakov, Leonel Reyes, 50-1
4. Always Dreaming, Todd Pletcher, John Velazquez, 4-1
5. Quinentos, Enrique A. Sanchez, Carlos Montalvo, 50-1
6. Coleman Rocky, Gustavo Delgado, Jose Ortiz, 30-1
7. Unbridled Holiday, Patrick Biancone, Nik Juarez, 30-1
9. Battalion Runner, Todd Pletcher, John Velazquez, 3-1

rsetup
03-30-2017, 11:22 PM
:10:, Three Rules: the three horses chasing him in the FOY ended up at the rear of the pack. Don't see the 1 staying with him early. If the 4 tries to run with him, race probably collapses.

:11:, Gunnevera: couldn't have gotten a more perfect trip wiping them out in the FOY. But he also ran well enough to be the only horse not wiped out in the Holy Bull.

:4:, Always Dreaming: no idea what this horse is going to do. Have to respect Pletcher at GP. Didn't look at the TAM race but his SAR race was very impressive. Crawled early and then picked it up late last out. If they try to send, dropping the 10 and holding off the 11 will require some effort.

VigorsTheGrey
03-30-2017, 11:29 PM
Florida Derby 4/1/17
GP14

Odds
:)=Less than 10-1
:eek:=10-1, Multiples of 10-1
:coffee:Morning Line Favorite
....]=End of Morning Line

:1::)]
:2::eek::eek::eek:]
:3::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:]
:4::)]
:5::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:]
:6::eek::eek::eek:]
:7::eek::eek::eek:]
:8::eek:]
:9::)]
:10::)]
:11::coffee:]

boys at tosconova
03-30-2017, 11:54 PM
:10:, Three Rules: the three horses chasing him in the FOY ended up at the rear of the pack. Don't see the 1 staying with him early. If the 4 tries to run with him, race probably collapses.

that's a good point. but i really get the impression that the 4 will be doing everything in his power to let somebody else control the pace.

in doing this there is a possibility that three rules will get away loose on the front in a leisurely fashion. the 1 taking of the blinks might result in slower fractions as well

Mr. Pick 5
03-31-2017, 12:39 AM
overall im looking at the florida derby card and finding it pretty hard to bet in general...to say it looks like its going to be an extremely chalky day is an understatement...this ofcourse capped by the florida derby where it is extremely hard to see past the :4::10::11: and more than likely it will be gunnevera at 6 to 5 or the pletcher at 2 to 1

Spalding No!
03-31-2017, 01:15 AM
Impressive Edge is related to both the sire of Arrogate and the sire of California Chrome. Unbridled's Song and Lucky Pulpit were out of 3/4 sisters (Trolley Song and Lucky Soph). The granddam was Lucky Spell.

Lucky Spell is Impressive Edge's 4th dam. He is also one of 3 colts sired by the late Harlan's Holiday in the race.

Impressive Edge had a weird trip in the Swale, settling in last before an ill-timed mid race burst of speed onto the heels of the leaders. Shuffled back but rallied again with a quick move to the rail heading into the stretch only to labor to switch leads and then not persevered with. Came back with a sharp allowance score over 7f. Tough spot to stretch out though.

LottaKash
03-31-2017, 03:43 AM
Impressive Edge had a weird trip in the Swale, settling in last before an ill-timed mid race burst of speed onto the heels of the leaders. Shuffled back but rallied again with a quick move to the rail heading into the stretch only to labor to switch leads and then not persevered with. Came back with a sharp allowance score over 7f. Tough spot to stretch out though.

Without the PP's I have no clue what is going on for the Florida Derby, but, as an aside, I like that Impressive Edge had a really interesting tuneup before he clicked in the Alwc-race that came next for him...No doubt he was shooting for that...

I like horses that try more than once in an event...Shows heart at least...Only the best and great ones have that..

Robert Fischer
03-31-2017, 12:06 PM

:11:, Gunnevera: couldn't have gotten a more perfect trip wiping them out in the FOY. But he also ran well enough to be the only horse not wiped out in the Holy Bull.

:4:, Always Dreaming: no idea what this horse is going to do. Have to respect Pletcher at GP. Didn't look at the TAM race but his SAR race was very impressive. Crawled early and then picked it up late last out. If they try to send, dropping the 10 and holding off the 11 will require some effort.

Sharp analysis.
I agree that Three Rules is a better horse than State Of Honor. I'm betting on the probability of either ground-loss, or premature energy usage with Three Rules, (as well as much of the field vs. State of Honor).
On that same wave, in spite of both being 'speeds', I don't feel they are mutually exclusive.
Ideally, SOH 'plays' the first turn, and high-cruises, sucking-up near the lead to hit the board. SOH seems less likely to be pace-dependent.

Gunnervera is solid. If a decent 1st-turn, and 4 disappoints, could tackle the pace fairly easily.

rsetup
03-31-2017, 01:05 PM
Sharp analysis.
I agree that Three Rules is a better horse than State Of Honor. I'm betting on the probability of either ground-loss, or premature energy usage with Three Rules, (as well as much of the field vs. State of Honor).
On that same wave, in spite of both being 'speeds', I don't feel they are mutually exclusive.
Ideally, SOH 'plays' the first turn, and high-cruises, sucking-up near the lead to hit the board. SOH seems less likely to be pace-dependent.

Gunnervera is solid. If a decent 1st-turn, and 4 disappoints, could tackle the pace fairly easily.

I needed SOH in the Macho Man and got skunked. He couldn't beat Pletcher's 2nd stringer. His TAM races are ok and I wouldn't be surprised if he got a piece. I'll certainly use him in tri's. But the :10: is just a stickout chart play. And even if he doesn't get it done, I think the :11: has potential to be a nice horse. Jury is out for me on the :4:. No idea what he's capable of.

Robert Fischer
03-31-2017, 01:17 PM
... Jury is out for me on the :4:. No idea what he's capable of.

4's last race was a dream trip, but he rated well, and showed good fundamentals. Unbridled Holiday ran just as well per the charts.
From 4's body of work, I feel he's also quite talented.

f2tornado
03-31-2017, 02:10 PM
Can the :4: improve about 4 seconds (20 lengths) from his last race, assuming we see the typical FL Derby run in around 1:49 and change? This combined with his 5.00 DI, and potential speed duel with the :1: and :10: makes it real hard for me to bite on this one. It seemingly sets up well for the favorite :11: if healthy. Perhaps some quirky horse hits the board if there is a bona fide pace meltdown.

Mc990
03-31-2017, 04:23 PM
Can the :4: improve about 4 seconds (20 lengths) from his last race, assuming we see the typical FL Derby run in around 1:49 and change? This combined with his 5.00 DI, and potential speed duel with the :1: and :10: makes it real hard for me to bite on this one. It seemingly sets up well for the favorite :11: if healthy. Perhaps some quirky horse hits the board if there is a bona fide pace meltdown.

I don't think he needs to improve 20 lengths (even based on final time of his last race). Gunnevera won last out in just over 1:44 and that got a monster figure (probably a knockout number to be honest). I set the over/under closer to 1:51 to win this race.

I'm normally the guy who says "but the horse hasn't run fast enough yet" but everything about this race screams easy win for the 4. The 11 has to bounce, they'll be scraping the 10 off the track turning for home and everyone else seems an also-ran or a non-contender

señorclipclop
03-31-2017, 06:43 PM
Always Dreaming has been an absolute tortoise in the early going in his route races, I can't back a horse that went 58-54/112 on the lead at Gulfstream in a race that expects to be much faster throughout.

That said he fits the profile of a Pletcher horse that wins the Florida Derby and is never seen again.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-31-2017, 08:28 PM
Always Dreaming has been an absolute tortoise in the early going in his route races, I can't back a horse that went 58-54/112 on the lead at Gulfstream in a race that expects to be much faster throughout.

That said he fits the profile of a Pletcher horse that wins the Florida Derby and is never seen again.

Agree. Those pace lines are treacherous to look at.

Yes, a win is a win, and when needed he kicked and blew them away, but who did he beat? Throw in Pletcher and there is little doubt he'll be overbet. Working like a machine though. :confused: Tough play IMO.

By the way, anybody know if Johnny V is on the :4: or the :9:?

Mc990
03-31-2017, 09:27 PM
9 likely to scratch

Lemon Drop Husker
03-31-2017, 09:42 PM
9 likely to scratch

Makes sense. Thanks. :ThmbUp:

boys at tosconova
04-01-2017, 12:28 AM

Agree. Those pace lines are treacherous to look at.

Yes, a win is a win, and when needed he kicked and blew them away, but who did he beat? Throw in Pletcher and there is little doubt he'll be overbet. Working like a machine though. :confused: Tough play IMO.

the 4 definitely comes w/ risk w/ a lower reward than you should get.

having 5 unplayable horses in the race won't help w/ odds either. the 1 and 10 will be 3rd/4th in the win betting not that high either.

somebody said that gunn will be 6/5 and always dreams 2/1 which could be pretty spot on...i think gunnavera could even be lower. maybe 3/5 ish.

johnhannibalsmith
04-01-2017, 11:46 AM
I'm trying hard to come up with a way to play the race instead of just watching and the best I can do is :6: Coleman Rocky. Only needs to improve about 40 lengths here, but it does kinda seem like he's a work in progress and maybe starting to put it together. I'd like to believe that this isn't a case of running here because a) there was a gate open and b) it's a Derby prep. It probably is exactly that, but maybe there's a piece of it that has as its catalyst the fact that the horse genuinely is doing better than ever and the time to strike unrealistically is when the iron is melting.

This might be too much of a stretch for even me, but I don't really think he has a bad race on his form. He doesn't have any particularly good ones either, but they're getting better. Or were. :D

Irishfever
04-01-2017, 12:14 PM
They said track was lightning fast early this morning and just set a track record in 1st race. Always Dreaming looks to have a big edge on Gunnevera if this keeps up

Secondbest
04-01-2017, 12:56 PM
I like State of Honor. He set the fastest pace at a distance and his losses were to Tapwrite and McCracken .The 4 has run 2 distance races in slow time. If TAP wasn't his trainer not so many people would like him. 9 and 10 are bad posts at the distance since Gulf remodeled in 2006. I think 5 or 6 % winners However I will put the 11 for second with a smaller reverse.Have not checked but guessing Battalion runner will scratch.
Good luck to all

Robert Fischer
04-01-2017, 12:59 PM
I'm trying hard to come up with a way to play the race instead of just watching and the best I can do is :6: Coleman Rocky. Only needs to improve about 40 lengths here, but it does kinda seem like he's a work in progress and maybe starting to put it together. I'd like to believe that this isn't a case of running here because a) there was a gate open and b) it's a Derby prep. It probably is exactly that, but maybe there's a piece of it that has as its catalyst the fact that the horse genuinely is doing better than ever and the time to strike unrealistically is when the iron is melting.

This might be too much of a stretch for even me, but I don't really think he has a bad race on his form. He doesn't have any particularly good ones either, but they're getting better. Or were. :D

+ Big Price, Stamina, Game Last Race, Decent Post Draw, Good Jockey, Relaxes

- Lacks Talent, Lacks Tactical Speed

He may make a lot of Superfecta and Trifecta players pay for leaving him off the bottom of their tickets.
His last race was vs. Off-the-turfers, and he was slightly outrun by Bronson, but Bronson is a good horse, and that race was run (energy-wise) like a turf race on the slop. Lost some ground on the backstretch, which upgrades his effort as well, but he can't make a habit of that. I'm using him underneath, and keying underneath on a small ticket.

Good luck if you play him.

señorclipclop
04-01-2017, 01:12 PM
Going with :1::11:/:1::11:/:10:/:2::8:

rsetup
04-01-2017, 01:47 PM
They said track was lightning fast early this morning and just set a track record in 1st race. Always Dreaming looks to have a big edge on Gunnevera if this keeps up

Why?

Burls
04-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Call me crazy, but the only VALUE I can see in the ML is :2:.
It won't surprise me if the :2: spoils a lot of exotics.
I think I'll try :2::9::11: TRIBox and EXBox.

rastajenk
04-01-2017, 02:27 PM
Isn't this the track and distance that is certain Doom for outside posts? The :11: looks much the best on paper, but it'd be hard to play it with the confidence it might otherwise deserve. I'd be inclined to use the :1: and :4: in verticals with the other longer-shots in the inside half of the gate.

:cool:

Psychotic Parakeet
04-01-2017, 05:08 PM
#9 Battalion Runner is scratched.

Robert Fischer
04-01-2017, 06:50 PM
Trifecta of Opinion
Gulfstream Park 14 $0.50 TR (PWHL) :4: / :1: / 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 $3.50

ALWAYS DREAMING keyed over STATE OF HONOR:
Gulfstream Park 14 $0.10 SF (PWHL) :4: / :1:/ 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 /2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 $3.60
Gulfstream Park 14 $0.10 SF (PWHL) :4: / 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 / :1: / 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 $3.60
Gulfstream Park 14 $0.10 SF (PWHL) :4: / 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 / 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 / :1: $3.60

AD&SOH keyed with Gunnevera3rd-or-4th
Gulfstream Park 14 $0.10 SF (PWHL) :1::4: / :1::4: / :11: / 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10 $1.20
Gulfstream Park 14 $0.10 SF (PWHL) :1::4: / :1::4: / 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10 / :11: $1.20
Gulfstream Park 14 $0.10 SF (PWHL) :1::4: / 3, 6, 7, 8, 10 / :11: / :1::4: $1.00
Gulfstream Park 14 $0.10 SF (PWHL) :1::4: / 3, 6, 7, 8, 10 / :1::4: / :11: $1.00

Cold Super:
Gulfstream Park 14 $0.10 SF (PWHL) :4: / :1: / :11: / :8: $0.10

------------------
Wagered: $18.80

jettroofer
04-01-2017, 06:51 PM
1 2 8 10 11 EB
1 2 8 10 11 TriB
2W
8W

Irishfever
04-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Why?They said track was lightning fast early this morning and just set a track record in 1st race. Always Dreaming looks to have a big edge on Gunnevera if this keeps up.

That is why. Huge position advantage over the 11. All day longshots were running up close and hangin on for 2nds and 3rds. You put a good horse in range he had a 10 length advantage on Gunnevera.

Hope this super pays.

Lemon Drop Husker
04-01-2017, 07:06 PM
Trifecta of Opinion

Gulfstream Park 14 $0.10 SF (PWHL) :4: / :1:/ 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 /2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 $3.60
Gulfstream Park 14 $0.10 SF (PWHL) :4: / 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 / :1: / 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 $3.60
Gulfstream Park 14 $0.10 SF (PWHL) :4: / 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 / 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11 / :1: $3.60

Gulfstream Park 14 $0.10 SF (PWHL) :1::4: / :1::4: / :11: / 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10 $1.20
Gulfstream Park 14 $0.10 SF (PWHL) :1::4: / :1::4: / 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 10 / :11: $1.20
Gulfstream Park 14 $0.10 SF (PWHL) :1::4: / 3, 6, 7, 8, 10 / :11: / :1::4: $1.00
Gulfstream Park 14 $0.10 SF (PWHL) :1::4: / 3, 6, 7, 8, 10 / :1::4: / :11: $1.00

Cold Super:

------------------

Very very well done. :ThmbUp:

Robert Fischer
04-01-2017, 07:14 PM
Very very well done. :ThmbUp:

couldn't get a price in the sequence, but was lucky enough to get the chalk sorted correctly :ThmbUp:

PowerUpPaynter
04-01-2017, 09:46 PM
final fraction seem too fast to be true - timing issues at gulfstream again?
3/8 and 1/8

Always Dreaming 36 2/5, 12 2/5
State Of Honor 37 1/5, 13
Gunnevera 36 1/5, 12 1/5

rsetup
04-01-2017, 09:46 PM
They said track was lightning fast early this morning and just set a track record in 1st race. Always Dreaming looks to have a big edge on Gunnevera if this keeps up.

That is why. Huge position advantage over the 11. All day longshots were running up close and hangin on for 2nds and 3rds. You put a good horse in range he had a 10 length advantage on Gunnevera.

Hope this super pays.

No idea, eh?

f2tornado
04-01-2017, 10:13 PM
Good thing I had some saver dime wagers with the 4 on top. I would have paid next months rent had I used it as much as the 11. I figured the 1 would be good enough to hit the board given his consistency. This Pletcher horse looked like the real deal and I'm adding a bunch of future wager exacta bets with him. It almost seemed like JC simply gave Gunnevera a long workout. I wouldn't completely dismiss him yet. Thunder Gultch comes to mind.

yankeelpn
04-01-2017, 11:00 PM
Agreed! I had TG that year after a so so Bluegrass stakes.

Lemon Drop Husker
04-01-2017, 11:14 PM
couldn't get a price in the sequence, but was lucky enough to get the chalk sorted correctly :ThmbUp:

A bit chalky, yes, but your COLD play in :4::1::11::8: was spot on. That is pretty damn solid.

The only "smart" thing I can say, is that I switched from the :8: to the :1:. :D

Tough to cold an Exacta in races/fields like that, much less a Super. :ThmbUp:

AirNate012
04-04-2017, 02:35 PM
Trifecta of Opinion

Cold Super:

------------------

Nice plays!!! Ice cold supers are always salty!