View Full Version : NYRA- The Best Circuit to Play, Everyday

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

ReplayRandall
03-28-2017, 10:35 PM
Aqueduct main track opens back up Friday, March 31st thru April 23rd

Belmont Park opens Friday, April 28th - Closes Sunday, July 16th

Saratoga opens Friday, July 21st - Closes Monday, September 4th

===========================================

Opened this thread to anyone that would like to share their picks, advice and conversation for the NYRA circuit.....The best circuit to play, everyday.

thaskalos
03-28-2017, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the NYRA date schedule. I didn't know where else to find it. :ThmbUp:

ReplayRandall
03-28-2017, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the NYRA date schedule. I didn't know where else to find it. :ThmbUp:
Just trying to give you ample time to rebuild your bankroll, pal....After all, didn't you just tell me that your ADW balance is down to 2˘?...I'm doing what I can to help you out.

Murph
03-28-2017, 11:34 PM
http://www.equibase.com/live.cfm

All track code links show entry draw times, scratch time rule, time zone, standard race post times and link to the track profile. Equibase emailed this link to me in response to a question I had.

Belmont fall meeting begins right after Labor Day on Friday Sept. 8th, 2017. Pretty cool. I bookmarked it.

ReplayRandall
03-29-2017, 12:37 AM
Entries and Past performances came out a few hours ago, will be back tomorrow with some possible live plays for Friday....

Secondbest
03-29-2017, 08:02 AM
It's supposed to rain on friday

FakeNameChanged
03-29-2017, 08:11 AM
It's supposed to rain on friday

Thank you Joe Btfsplk.

no breathalyzer
03-29-2017, 08:31 AM

Opened this thread to anyone that would like to share their picks, advice and conversation for the NYRA circuit.....The best circuit to play, everyday.

:jump::jump::jump::jump: now i can awake from my comma caused by that inner track meet

tophatmert
03-29-2017, 09:19 AM
:jump::jump::jump::jump: now i can awake from my comma caused by that inner track meet

Inner track meet gives me colon problems.

Inner Dirt
03-29-2017, 09:44 AM
Am I the only one saddened by having to wait 8 more months till the inner track opens again? Isn't it strange how one man's trash is another man's treasure?

Cice
03-29-2017, 09:59 AM
Am I the only one saddened by having to wait 8 more months till the inner track opens again? Isn't it strange how one man's trash is another man's treasure?

Change your name to Main Track, you will be all right :D

CincyHorseplayer
03-29-2017, 10:29 AM
They going to start racing on the turf this week? That's when racing truly is back in NY!;)

Inner Dirt
03-29-2017, 12:37 PM
They going to start racing on the turf this week? That's when racing truly is back in NY!;)

I challenge anyone in here to a contest to see who can be a worse turf handicapper than me. If a turf race is sandwiched in the middle of a pick 3 where I love the other two races to death I will go 3-4 deep and if I am lucky "catch" a 3-2 shot in the turf race. Are there any good reads on turf handicapping on USA tracks?

Exotic1
03-29-2017, 12:46 PM
I challenge anyone in here to a contest to see who can be a worse turf handicapper than me. If a turf race is sandwiched in the middle of a pick 3 where I love the other two races to death I will go 3-4 deep and if I am lucky "catch" a 3-2 shot in the turf race. Are there any good reads on turf handicapping on USA tracks?

You're running for second place only. I locked up the win slot on that one.

jay68802
03-29-2017, 12:59 PM

I like Figure Handicapping By James Quinn

1st time lasix
03-29-2017, 02:50 PM
As I have said before....I will return to look at the racing once the winter inner track at A is finished. Something about playing an outdoor game in the middle of a dreary winter that turns me off. Different strokes for different folks. I even own two NY breds but I do not race them up there in winter. I generally enjoy handicapping Belmont and Toga...simply stay way from NY the rest of the time. Look to Gulfstream, Tampa, Oaklawn in the East in the winter season. Keeneland should open soon. A big favorite of mine with large pools and low- takeouts. Good luck!

Dahoss9698
03-29-2017, 04:01 PM
Aside from Saratoga the inner had been my 2nd favorite meet all year. Not after this year.

Very much looking forward to the main track and turf racing. Also can't wait to participate in this thread. Great idea Randall :ThmbUp:

ReplayRandall
03-29-2017, 07:48 PM
Live plays for Friday, March 31st on AQU-Main:

AQU-R1- :2: ML 5-1 Snow Fighter

AQU-R2- :5: ML 10-1 Blarney Stones

AQU-R3- :3: ML 10-1 Bug Juice

AQU-R4- :5: ML 6-1 Brooklyn Gerty

AQU-R5- :3: ML 6-1 Abounding Spirit

AQU-R8- :2: ML 15-1 Brewing

EMD4ME
03-29-2017, 08:54 PM
Would you like cash or a check for that? And a bag too?

:pound:2˘:pound:E:pound:M:pound:D:pound:2˘:pound:

Just trying to give you ample time to rebuild your bankroll, pal....After all, didn't you just tell me that your ADW balance is down to 2˘?...I'm doing what I can to help you out.

Went through my "stuff" and pulled 1st one that I could find so I could help you realize what a bank check from a racetrack looks like "sport" ;)

This a great idea for a thread :ThmbUp: Chee, I wonder where your innovative mind came up with it :kiss:;)

EMD4ME
03-29-2017, 09:27 PM

April 8th Cincy!

https://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorsemenAreaDownloadAction.cfm?sn=CBI-AQU-20170331-20170409D

ReplayRandall
03-29-2017, 09:29 PM
Went through my "stuff" and pulled 1st one that I could find so I could help you realize what a bank check from a racetrack looks like "sport" ;)

This a great idea for a thread :ThmbUp: Chee, I wonder where your innovative mind came up with it :kiss:;)

You see, here's the deal....I deposit $20K in my non-US account and after a certain time I end up losing 3K. The rebates aren't what I'd thought they'd be, plus they're pressuring me to give them "sports action" to keep my rebates at the highest level. I eventually dump the account and they send me a check for $17K, same as you. Bottom-line, you never know where anybody truly is at when it comes to gambling, you get my drift? I'm sure you do.....Now back to the NYRA for Friday at AQU-Main.

EMD4ME
03-29-2017, 09:41 PM
You see, here's the deal....I deposit $20K in my non-US account and after a certain time I end up losing 3K. The rebates aren't what I'd thought they'd be, plus they're pressuring me to give them "sports action" to keep my rebates at the highest level. I eventually dump the account and they send me a check for $17K, same as you. Bottom-line, you never know where anybody truly is at when it comes to gambling, you get my drift? I'm sure you do.....Now back to the NYRA for Friday at AQU-Main.

Nice try RR. When are you going to realize who YOU'RE talking to? I never EVER lie.

THANK GOD FOR ADW TRANSACTION HISTORIES :pound::pound::pound::pound:

Lastly, before YOU or PA or CJ or ANYONE accuses me of derailing a thread (something that many people did to the BEST THREAD EVER 1000X), I was simply replying to YOUR post in THIS thread. (with the bank check and this post).

Enjoy your Friday everyone! By the way, you may want to hold off on your picks. Forecast calls for rain and you may want to readjust before off time...

You may want to check the date of the bet (April 25th, 2015) and the date of the deposit (April 26th, 2015 ;))

thaskalos
03-29-2017, 09:45 PM

Yes...but, how do we know that the check is YOURS? :)

EMD4ME
03-29-2017, 09:49 PM
Yes...but, how do we know that the check is YOURS? :)

See POST 22, you and I were probably posting at the same time. I took $17,000 in a check and the rest in paper bags :pound::pound::pound::pound:

4 paper bags :pound::pound::pound::pound:

Unlike others (who tried to kill it every single day) in that other 35,000 a month view thread, I will leave the thread alone so it grow organically.

Dahoss9698
03-29-2017, 10:03 PM
Still looking forward to this thread and talking horses with real horseplayers despite the very obvious attempts to derail it. Too bad. I'll have some thoughts for Friday tomorrow night.

NorCalGreg
03-29-2017, 11:07 PM
Well that didn't take long......

Just wanted to mention...I have a thread going discussing maidens, handicapping firsters, what to look for, workout patterns....etc. Ya'all are welcome to contribute your maiden pick of the day (any track) as well.

I should warn ya...I've posted 3 maiden selections---all have won.

I'm pretty much top dog on the board when it comes to maiden 'capping :lol:

Okay I'm not--just lucky so far.

Please join in--NCG

ReplayRandall
03-29-2017, 11:25 PM

Just wanted to mention...I have a thread going discussing maidens, handicapping firsters, what to look for, workout patterns....etc. Ya'all are welcome to contribute your maiden pick of the day (any track) as well.

I should warn ya...I've posted 3 maiden selections---all have won.

I'm pretty much top dog on the board when it comes to maiden 'capping :lol:

Okay I'm not--just lucky so far.

Please join in--NCG
Since you're here on this thread Greg, what's your opinion about this piece I gave out for Friday?

johnhannibalsmith
03-29-2017, 11:29 PM
Big deal we've all had our scores.

Mulerider
03-29-2017, 11:30 PM

...I have a thread going discussing maidens, handicapping firsters, what to look for, workout patterns....etc.

I should warn ya...I've posted 3 maiden selections---all have won...Please join in--NCG

Do I get no credit at all for the two firsters I redboarded on your thread? And after all that work...:)

PaceAdvantage
03-29-2017, 11:49 PM
Still looking forward to this thread and talking horses with real horseplayers despite the very obvious attempts to derail it. Too bad. I'll have some thoughts for Friday tomorrow night.I agree. I'm looking forward to it too.

Once the racing starts, I implore cj to immediately delete any and all needless, senseless, ego-stroking pissing contest posts like the posting of checks and ADW screenshots...nobody gives a ****.

And I promise to do the same. Oh, and assess penalty points on any said deleted posts.

Thanks.

cj
03-29-2017, 11:56 PM
I agree. I'm looking forward to it too.

Once the racing starts, I implore cj to immediately delete any and all needless, senseless, ego-stroking pissing contest posts like the posting of checks and ADW screenshots...nobody gives a ****.

And I promise to do the same. Oh, and assess penalty points on any said deleted posts.

Thanks.

Got it. I'll finally get back home tomorrow night. I may not be able to participate Friday Handicapping wise but will soon enough.

NorCalGreg
03-30-2017, 12:01 AM
Since you're here on this thread Greg, what's your opinion about this piece I gave out for Friday?

Randall....you really know how to rub it in---THAT HORSE was gonna win me the contest ....until he scratched :mad:

Next year I'm taking no prisoners ...enjoy your stay at the top, my friend :lol:

NorCalGreg
03-30-2017, 12:05 AM
Do I get no credit at all for the two firsters I redboarded on your thread? And after all that work...:)

You get credit for participating lol.

Come on now, Mule...lets see a maiden pick or two up there.

You've already got the makings of a good method :ThmbUp:

There may be something at Santa Anita we can pick out of the coal mine.

CincyHorseplayer
03-30-2017, 12:31 AM
April 8th Cincy!

https://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorsemenAreaDownloadAction.cfm?sn=CBI-AQU-20170331-20170409D

The year is definitely off and running when that happens and Keeneland opens! Thanks.

CincyHorseplayer
03-30-2017, 12:40 AM

Like j68802 said Quinn has some good turf thoughts in Figure Handicapping. But that is only a starting point. I focused in on that book and Mike Helm's Pedigree Handicapping in the winter of 12-13. I picked up tidbits about turf from other handicapping books. A lot of jockey trainer stuff out there. Dick Mitchell's A Winning turf strategy was a help and Bill Heller's 2 turf books. But most of the progress was slowly testing things on my own and doing pedigree research. Applying sabermetric concepts to pace figures to come up with new ratings. Tracing family bloodlines to 2 turfy sire lines on both sides of the pedigree can be better than merely up front sire/damsires themselves, especially at smaller tracks. I can send you some basic info I have scanned into my documents if you'd like. Just PM me. It took me about 3 painstaking years to get a really comprehensive turf approach. I don't mind sharing some things.

EMD4ME
03-30-2017, 07:03 AM
I agree. I'm looking forward to it too.

Thanks.

Well since the racing hasn't started, I'll reply to your thoughtful post with a thoughtful response:

1) you know EXACTLY why I posted the check and the ADW stats. RR insinuated that I never made a bank check withdrawal on track. Once that was proven, he insinuated it was for monies deposited. Hence, the post of the relatively cold Pick 6 hit the day before.

With that said....

Thank you very much for your fair and equal treatment of all posters in all threads... you're a gem :) of a leader.

Don't worry. I'm not like all of you guys (90% of the people who posted in this thread). I won't do what they did (try and derail a thread).

Best of luck at the new meet everyone :ThmbUp:

castaway01
03-30-2017, 08:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Ijm_okhp0

While we're waiting for the interesting racing to start, Andy and the Mig did some fun looks back at classic Wood Memorials, including Bold Forbes in 1976 and Gulch just catching Gone West in 1987.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6cFT096euc

Worth taking a few minutes for the trip down memory lane.

NorCalGreg
03-30-2017, 09:47 AM
Nice--enjoyed it, thanks. I couldn't get my mind off that car on the track in the Bold Forbes race....anyone see that? It was a civilian sedan just cruising down the track while the race was on and horses going by. Odd.

HuggingTheRail
03-30-2017, 01:11 PM
I usually gravitate to maiden claimers, with a vulnerable or lukewarm favourite, so Friday's last race has caught my eye - and with a field of 10!! :jump:

Quick notes

1 - toss
2 - FTS
3 - ML Favourite - not really impressed by his last start...
4 - FTS
5 - plodder, possible for bottom of verticals
6 - beaten 2x favourite, rider change, wouldn't be surprised if this one goes off as post time fav. Could win, but expect this one to be an underlay. Wouldn't be suprised if this one becomes a double digit race maiden
7 - taking the drop from 2 non-descript MSW starts, though speed figs put him in the hunt. A threat, and maybe worth a shot if he goes off at his 5-1 ML
8 - FTS
9 - Decent race in debut. Off two months, took 4 weeks to work after debut, then off another 3 weeks before next work. A threat, but has question marks
10 - dropping slightly in price off a fair debut

None of the horses with previous starts jump off the page. If the 8 looks good in the paddock and on post parade, he's my pick

8 w 7,9,10

whodoyoulike
03-30-2017, 05:13 PM
I usually gravitate to maiden claimers, with a vulnerable or lukewarm favourite, ...

Quick notes

1 - toss
2 - FTS
4 - FTS
6 - beaten 2x favourite, rider change, wouldn't be surprised if this one goes off as post time fav. Could win, but expect this one to be an underlay. Wouldn't be suprised if this one becomes a double digit race maiden
7 - taking the drop from 2 non-descript MSW starts, though speed figs put him in the hunt. A threat, and maybe worth a shot if he goes off at his 5-1 ML
8 - FTS
9 - Decent race in debut. Off two months, took 4 weeks to work after debut, then off another 3 weeks before next work. A threat, but has question marks

None of the horses with previous starts jump off the page. If the 8 looks good in the paddock and on post parade, he's my pick

8 w 7,9,10

Why do you gravitate to MC?

And, then you select or will favor a FTS, I just don't get it.

FakeNameChanged
03-30-2017, 07:36 PM
I usually gravitate to maiden claimers, with a vulnerable or lukewarm favourite, so Friday's last race has caught my eye - and with a field of 10!! :jump:

Quick notes

1 - toss
2 - FTS
4 - FTS
8 - FTS

8 w 7,9,10

Based on your highlighted statement, I look for big or modest improvement out of the #5-Martino, and #1-Coral Ridge, and prior to seeing if any unusual betting action is present on any FTS, I'll take #7-Luzinski(Bull) in the Win spot. If I'm able to get out to the OTB, may make an exacta play on these.

PaceAdvantage
03-30-2017, 07:46 PM
I've had a change of heart. There will be no confusing contest in this thread. This thread will be for exactly what ReplayRandall intended. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks.

If anyone responds further to this contest stuff in this thread, and tries to make trouble, all mods are to give that person enough points to ban them for a while.

Thanks.

Murph
03-30-2017, 07:57 PM
Nice--enjoyed it, thanks. I couldn't get my mind off that car on the track in the Bold Forbes race....anyone see that? It was a civilian sedan just cruising down the track while the race was on and horses going by. Odd.Like you, I could hardly see anything else. Some goodfellows keeping a close eye on their action maybe? 1976, what a year.

johnhannibalsmith
03-30-2017, 08:24 PM
I've had a change of heart. There will be no confusing contest in this thread. This thread will be for exactly what ReplayRandall intended. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks.

If anyone responds further to this contest stuff in this thread, and tries to make trouble, all mods are to give that person enough points to ban them for a while.

Thanks.

Where did you move the stuff to about the contest he was talking about? I scanned a couple of forums and probably overlooked it.

Edited: Nevermind, found it in selections in case anyone else is looking as well.

HuggingTheRail
03-30-2017, 09:11 PM
Why do you gravitate to MC?

And, then you select or will favor a FTS, I just don't get it.

I find that (as a general statement) there are more beaten favs in MC than most races. Horses that have ran 2nd or 3rd for a few starts get bet more heavily than I feel they should

I will try to find a sleeper horse - maybe one or two starts with mediocre form. If I can't find one of those, I will look at a FTS

In this race, I pass on all those with starts as I don't see any that are likely to improve much off of their past races, and a couple will not offer value

So, I ended up on a FTS .... think there is value there

whodoyoulike
03-30-2017, 11:08 PM
I find that (as a general statement) there are more beaten favs in MC than most races. Horses that have ran 2nd or 3rd for a few starts get bet more heavily than I feel they should

I will try to find a sleeper horse - maybe one or two starts with mediocre form. If I can't find one of those, I will look at a FTS

In this race, I pass on all those with starts as I don't see any that are likely to improve much off of their past races, and a couple will not offer value

So, I ended up on a FTS .... think there is value there

Okay. See, I don't like (i.e., avoid) MC races. I can't figure them out.

But, there are 3 FTS in this race and you selected just one, I was just curious. I had looked at FTS in Mdn/MC races a long time ago and it was just my opinion that FTS don't win very often. It was just an observation on my part without gathering data.

thaskalos
03-31-2017, 01:29 AM

Quick notes

1 - toss
2 - FTS
4 - FTS
8 - FTS

8 w 7,9,10

Interesting.

You mention the "question marks" surrounding the :9:...but then you select the FTS -- a horse with obvious "questions marks" of its own. Why are the question marks of the :9: more perplexing than the question marks of the :8:?

This is hardly my kind of race because of the many "question marks"...but, if forced to chance a minor wager...then I would bet the :7:.

Maximillion
03-31-2017, 10:57 AM
Interesting.

You mention the "question marks" surrounding the :9:...but then you select the FTS -- a horse with obvious "questions marks" of its own. Why are the question marks of the :9: more perplexing than the question marks of the :8:?

This is hardly my kind of race because of the many "question marks"...but, if forced to chance a minor wager...then I would bet the :7:.

I agree he is probably the one to beat,but i have one rule only....no maidens at a short price,even more so when there are "question marks".
My guess is he will be favored here.

johnhannibalsmith
03-31-2017, 11:25 AM

Quick notes

1 - toss
2 - FTS
4 - FTS
8 - FTS

8 w 7,9,10

Okay, I will play along and wet my feet with what is historically my worst time of the year. At least this one could kind-of pass for an inner dirt dandy.

1 - Ran in one of the earliest of two-year-old races of NYRA '16, vanished for nearly a year, reappears in hyper-realistic spot and runs pretty lousy. Can excuse both as jumping-off points and love that he came back with a good work off the race, but needs to improve a whole lot to do anything more than boost some exotic pays at best.

2 - FTS cost $25k and starts for $25k for top barn. But, this looks like one to let other people cover just because its Rudy.

3 - Hard to believe that this slowpoke could be 3-1 away from the Lakes.

4 - Frost Giant is representing with his third foal in the first four of the field and like the other two... takes some creativity to get into, primarily the barns decent returns with debuters at the level.

5 - First glance he looks a mess of nothing but really, he's just done roughly the same thing that almost every contender has done, just a handful more times thus eliminating any sex appeal.

6 - Seems like a real cheap horse. All of these kind of seem that way to a degree, but he seems like he actually might have talent. Cheap in his approach. Looks like he'd find a way to the crack the bottom of the super in the Maiden Stakes at Rillito.

7 - Probably the most interesting member of the field, just because he has an actual angle to work with as he dips in for a tag after two starts against breed maiden allowance runners.

8 - You've got a Linda Rice FTS that has been at the farm until coming to the track a bit and uncorking a trio of generic breezes at intervals that lack any symmetry. That sounds like a horse that's begging to take way more action that it probably warrants by default.

9 - Like the eight and the Rudys, this one just glows logical because it's Pletcher, he ran okay, and he's only been beaten one time in his life. But it's not a very good race and this looks like another tough one to like at the likely odds.

10 - Tried to make a case, but outside draw, lifeless debut, lack of comeback work off of debut conspire to steer me away.

If I had to play the race, I think I'd land on win plays on :5: and/or :7: at the right prices and even maybe some exotics keying off of them with other obvious players.

Maximillion
03-31-2017, 11:59 AM
In the 3rd i think the :6:Bajan Summer may be able to work out a forwardly placed trip from the outside and could wake up at a price.
Hardly a win machine but could be catching some of these at the right time as he takes a needed drop.

johnhannibalsmith
03-31-2017, 12:39 PM
I was just going through the sixth race and saw a pedigree that looked familiar. By Posse out of the Freud mare Healthy Debate. Because I saw it looking at this race first. We've got full-brothers running today on the same card, Tricky Posse and It's Debatable. For those of you that think that families control NYRA racing.

johnhannibalsmith
03-31-2017, 01:09 PM
...and now that I've looked at the race and don't quite feel like I'm lost on the main yet - and figured I ought not clog up the new contest thread with ineligible plays because of the 11 am deadline - I'd maybe be considering using Tricky Posse for the contest.

My first thought is that they rolled the dice on a Finger Lakes maiden winner and claimed a complete bum. That's probably the right take.

But, is it inconceivable that he just absolutely loathed the inner surface? That the claim wasn't a total shot in the dark - he was a big price that day for the $25k - but that they did some due diligence and there is more horse here than he's been showing all winter?

He's 15-1 morning line and I hate every horse in this race. Everyone is vulnerable. Who can improve even some at a square price and get the best of a field that is probably already heavy with horses that will be saying goodbye after they get beat at this level yet again? I think I'd take a shot at the morning line price or better here.

NorCalGreg
03-31-2017, 01:47 PM
I got a crazy pick in the 6th...but I'm actually gonna bet this

TRICKY POSSE 15-1 ML. This horse was "claimed-for-nothing" a couple back....Look at both his last two races-- the running lines are more than a little unusual. He's had a nice work since....this horse may be much better than appears recently.-NCG

ps: sorry for not reading your post directly above, John.....seems we have the same idea

whodoyoulike
03-31-2017, 05:17 PM
Race 8 6.5f oc $69k 3up 8 runners

My contenders are the :5: the gomper (m/l 5), :6: hey jabber jaw (8) and :8: gypsum johnny (4).

I see :5: running with the :6: who won last and is moving up prior to last race.

So, I'll select the :8: to win who I can see passing these other two in 77 +/-.

Exotic1
03-31-2017, 06:13 PM

Somewhere between very good and exceptional. Bookend winners of early p5, sandwiching 3 favorites (2 of them odds on) for 357-1 odds.

johnhannibalsmith
03-31-2017, 09:11 PM
I think I picked one that ran last and called a winner hopeless in the Rillito Hopeful. Welcome back to the main track indeed.

ReplayRandall
03-31-2017, 09:32 PM

Results for Friday:

:2: Snow Fighter [5-1] 1st - 9.10 4.80 3.00

:3: Abounding Spirit [6-1] 1st - 14.40 6.20 3.90

Total Plays= 6
Total Winners= 2
Strike rate= 33%
Net Daily Total= +11.50

ReplayRandall
03-31-2017, 09:44 PM
Live plays for Saturday, April 1st on AQU-Main:

AQU- R1- :2: Just Got Out (ON) 6-1 A Arroyo -C F Martin

AQU- R2- :6: Littlemissbusiness (FL) 5-1 K Carmouche -J C Englehart

AQU- R3- :4: Alex the Terror (KY) 8-1 R Montanez -J T Toscano, Jr.

AQU- R6- :5: Mama Joyce (FL) 6-1 C H Velasquez -G C Contessa

AQU- R7- :8: Pretty Enuff (NY) 6-1 I Ortiz, Jr. -J C Englehart

NorCalGreg
03-31-2017, 10:40 PM
Somewhere between very good and exceptional. Bookend winners of early p5, sandwiching 3 favorites (2 of them odds on) for 357-1 odds.

Nothing wrong with those picks, E-1. BROOKLYN GERTY was almost my maiden pick of the day, until I saw that FLUX CAPACITOR earlier on the card.

Don't know why people keep betting gutless wonder BLARNEY STONES (no offense if anyone did)--next stop Finger Lakes for that one.

I really thought trainer Donk had something in mind when dropping a claim ticket on Tricky Posse a couple back.

That's usually the case, anyway.

Evidently was another stab by a trainer that hasn't done much in a while.

NorCalGreg
03-31-2017, 10:48 PM
Results for Friday:

:2: Snow Fighter [5-1] 1st - 9.10 4.80 3.00

:3: Abounding Spirit [6-1] 1st - 14.40 6.20 3.90

Total Plays= 6
Total Winners= 2
Strike rate= 33%
Net Daily Total= +11.50

If we're keeping stats here--not a problem

ReplayRandall
04-01-2017, 12:29 AM
If we're keeping stats here--not a problem
Abounding Spirit sure was sweet at $14.40, I know you had it too..;)

BTW, I'll keep stats until I get tired of it....Then I'll pull an "Elway", go out on top..:cool:

no breathalyzer
04-01-2017, 12:37 AM
:ThmbUp:good job guys ... hope to add to this thread down the line

sour grapes
04-01-2017, 07:54 AM
you guys may push emd out of the number 1 Handicapper on this board.

NorCalGreg
04-01-2017, 08:11 AM
AQUEDUCT 04/01

1ST :5: RECKLESS HUMOR

4TH :2: BLUEGRASS PREVAILS 5-1

5TH :6: FULL FAITH AND CREDIT 20-1 (SCR)

9TH :1: RIVER DATE 5-1

book 'em

-NCG

EMD4ME
04-01-2017, 10:40 AM
Regardless, Race 6 for me $1,000 to place on the 2 please. Love the experiment at 7F and wider sweeping turns for this horse. Despite no pace being signed up, I think she rolls in the lane, barring an unlucky trip, wins but with an unlucky trip still earns 2nd.

Also, will take a $50 3-2 Exacta to cover a $250 win bet on the 2.

johnhannibalsmith
04-01-2017, 12:27 PM
Gotta say, once again I tune in at the best times, as I learned Stabile is a hell of a seamstress.

EMD4ME
04-01-2017, 12:36 PM
Gotta say, once again I tune in at the best times, as I learned Stabile is a hell of a seamstress.

:lol: Best show in the industry , bar none :ThmbUp:

rsetup
04-01-2017, 01:16 PM
R2

:2:, Just Got Out

:1:, Familyofroses

:6:, Maddizaskar

Dahoss9698
04-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Race 1- #4 Little Miss Julia- loves it wet, picks them up late
Race 3- #5 Eye Luv Lulu- mud lark
Race 6- #2 She's So Fine- been a different filly since the claim
Race 9- #2 Our Caravan- likes it wet, falls into good trip

EMD4ME
04-01-2017, 02:48 PM
THAT was an EXCELLENT STRATEGIC decision by Rosario Montanez after the start.

He made sure that the RR emates didn't jog 1-2 early. He took the 3 out of the race by taking his position going forward and gave himself a shot to outgame the average 5 horse.

SMART RIDE. :ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
04-01-2017, 03:55 PM
I Love THESE 3 BLIND MICE....

7 gets taken down for interference at the start. No probem, I get that.

He interfered with the 5, then the 4, then the 2 and finally the 1 after the start.

They take him down. How do they only place him behind the 1???

I'm sure the justification will be that the 1 only lost by a bit to the 7.

BUT...

How about the poor connections of the 5 who lost all shot during this "foul"?

Makes NO sense.

I had the 4 singled in everything, so no loss to me. I just hate to see stuff like this as these same stewards might effect me someday.

EMD4ME
04-01-2017, 05:30 PM
Need some luck for a healthy payout in race 9.

Have all (but the 3) in the pick 6. Have all in the pick 4.

sour grapes
04-01-2017, 05:41 PM
nice .good luck

sour grapes
04-01-2017, 06:04 PM
the 3 almost won:headbanger:,nice score

EMD4ME
04-01-2017, 06:08 PM
the 3 almost won:headbanger:,nice score

I'm watching the replay and Instant Replay is still giving me a heart attack. The 4500 (from the pick 4) would still be decent but BLOWING a $34,000 ticket would've hurt.

Today was a solid day, thankfully and humbly. :) Thank you Sour Grapes

ReplayRandall
04-01-2017, 06:21 PM
Live plays for Saturday, April 1st on AQU-Main:

AQU- R1- :2: Just Got Out (ON) 6-1 A Arroyo -C F Martin

AQU- R2- :6: Littlemissbusiness (FL) 5-1 K Carmouche -J C Englehart

AQU- R3- :4: Alex the Terror (KY) 8-1 R Montanez -J T Toscano, Jr.

AQU- R6- :5: Mama Joyce (FL) 6-1 C H Velasquez -G C Contessa

AQU- R7- :8: Pretty Enuff (NY) 6-1 I Ortiz, Jr. -J C Englehart

Results for Saturday:

:4: Alex the Terror [8-1] 1st - 10.00 3.80 ---

Daily Plays= 5
Daily Winners= 1
Daily Net= Even

Total Plays= 11
Total Winners= 3
Strike Rate= 27%
Running Total= +11.50

EMD4ME
04-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Hello Old Pal,

Did you mean race 5, Full Faith And Credit? or race 6 Wildcat Belle?

Regardless, Race 6 for me $1,000 to place on the 2 please. Love the experiment at 7F and wider sweeping turns for this horse. Despite no pace being signed up, I think she rolls in the lane, barring an unlucky trip, wins but with an unlucky trip still earns 2nd.

Also, will take a $50 3-2 Exacta to cover a $250 win bet on the 2.

$250 to WIN on $7.20 earned $900 back

$1000 to Place on $3.80 earned $1900 back

$50 loss on cover exacta

Bet $1,300. Return of $2800

Net profit of $1,500

HuggingTheRail
04-02-2017, 12:36 AM
$250 to WIN on $7.20 earned $900 back

$1000 to Place on $3.80 earned $1900 back

$50 loss on cover exacta

Bet $1,300. Return of $2800

Net profit of $1,500

Nicely done!

EMD4ME
04-02-2017, 12:40 AM
Nicely done!

Thanks HTR :ThmbUp:

Only 163 hours and 21 minutes left ;)

thaskalos
04-02-2017, 12:42 AM
Is there a limit to the size of our wagers here? Because I am contemplating a 5-figure place wager in tomorrow's 7th race. :cool:

Mr. Pick 5
04-02-2017, 12:50 AM
Is there a limit to the size of our wagers here? Because I am contemplating a 5-figure place wager in tomorrow's 7th race. :cool:

As long as the pools are big enough so that your value isn't destroyed....off hand I don't know what exactly the place pools are but I would think a place bet that high on a random non stakes day may not be a great value decision....5k or so may make more sense

ReplayRandall
04-02-2017, 12:58 AM
Live plays for Sunday, April 2nd on AQU-Main:

AQU-R2- :2: Hunt's Road (NY) 5-1 M J Luzzi - C J Englehart

AQU-R4- :2: Heldatgunpoint (NY) 8-1 J Rosario - D A Cannizzo

AQU-R6- :3: Mollica (NY) 6-1 H R Diaz, Jr. - L Rice

AQU-R7- :6: Summer Bourbon (NY) 5-1 A S Arroyo - C J Englehart

AQU-R9- :5: Citizen by Day (KY) 12-1 D Davis - R Handal

* All win wagers are based on a "hypothetical" $2 unit size - My actual unit size may be much larger.....Oh yeah, I said it.

EMD4ME
04-02-2017, 01:02 AM

My place and wins bet were in prior to race 5 being official.

You do remember the 2 opening 6/5, right :cool:

EMD4ME
04-02-2017, 01:04 AM

The most money on any horse to place on Sat, was $27K on the 2/5 in race 5 and $22K on Do Share in race 4.

On late races, $17K. If you're betting anything of decent value, I wouldn't bet $10,000 on it. The pools just don't allow it, sadly.

Exotic1
04-02-2017, 08:50 AM

Only requirement being that you need to post bet 15 minutes prior to race (EMD satisfied that requirement). That way, you give everyone a fair opportunity to voice their critique before the race and for the same critics to post a contra approach to the race. Expect to find most criticism coming in only after the race. If you lose they'll try to look smart, if you win they'll say it's a fake. Either way, they can't lose. Also, be prepared to present ADW screen shots in the Private Message section, when asked.

RR's plays and critiques are outside of this review - his postings and selections are pure professional.

But more importantly, who do you like in Aqu's 7th?

johnhannibalsmith
04-02-2017, 10:37 AM

Was having no luck finding anything I liked on the card until I stumbled on this one again and spent about fifteen minutes just deciding if I even wanted to think about giving him another chance. I should probably listen to pre-game, Andy probably has a stat that Linda Rice is 3-38 going back 95 months on droppers in their sixth career start stretching out a half-furlong.

But if you can do it, by golly...

EMD4ME
04-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Sunday April 2nd, 2017 thoughts:

Race 3: I'll never forget going nuts over Franco's ride on this horse back at the SPA. Since then has been on a tear. Rock solid single in here despite move to open company and freshening. Confidence in fitness is found in last 2 running lines. Was off 53 days after the Dec 7th race, off an 11 length win. Took 23 days off till next workout. Only had 3 for Jan 29th start and still won easy... 63 day freshening here. Similar workout pattern to last jogjob. Furthermore, after the Oct 27 race, was off 5 weeks till 1 singular workout popped up on the page, won by 11 in that 47 day freshening.

With that said. He is the center to the P5.

The other solid opinion is in race 5. I blew a gasket on Hector Diaz for his "ride" on Three Eighy Eight and I am not really happy that he is back on. I wanted someone with more muscle, as I feel this horse needs a strong pump. Franco would've been perfect but alas, I feel like he is the only closer in a race where the bookend bombs can sprinkle in some unwanted moves on the chalks residing in pp's 4&5. I especially think the 6's post and 2nd quarter capability can make the 4&5 miserable. I see the 2 swallowing them up from last as my top opinion. Will use the 4&5 (weighed out as well) and cover to 3&6 as C's on a skimpy ticket.

Race 4: Almost anyone can win.

1) Like the way he's finished in last 2. (4YO vs 3YO)
2) FTS. Sire 1/37 with FTS but anything Rosario rides for Cannizzo I am interested in.
3) Hideous 1st out. Looks to be Need the Lead type. Drops. Hushion 3/6 with 2TS MDS to MDCL.
4) Best race can win it, decent Trainer change, Luzzi off, Maragh up. Likely. (4YO vs 3YO)
5) 2TS, can improve
6) not really liking (only 1 of 2 spds, what if 3 breaks bad?)
7) Not in love but is likely and do you want to blow a P5 to a 5/2? (4yo VS 3yo)
8) Maybe cut back helps closing kick? Big rider change

Using ALL on 1 ticket, then 47 to have it extra times, 1 extra ticket to the 125.

Race 2: Can like Beach Hut right back as many of these can be going the wrong way. The 7 can be tough if the right prescription is there. The 2 merits a look as well. Using those 3 in P5.

Race 1: What a weak bunch of horses. Hate the fact that Phocea has gone back to the wrong lead 50 yards out in last two races. Has never ran a 1 turn Mile, so who knows how the 4F on the backstretch will effect his lead changes. The 2 might be softened by the leader (the 3). The 4 is not out of the question as she is a stamina horse who is showing deceptive signs of getting back into form. 26 mostly, cover on 34.

This is a pick 5 you want to have for $5 or $10. Hitting it for .50 probably won't be worth it. To be frank, not a play I am savoring to play but will play some tickets, just in case I am 100% right or 80%.

Official plays for me on here are the following:

$100 WIN and $400 PLACE 2 in race 5

$50 parlay

Race 2 Place 4
Race 5 Place 2

$25 parlay

Race 1 Place 6
Race 2 Place 4
Race 5 Place 2

$50 Parlay

Race 3 Win 2
Race 5 Place 2

$25 Parlay

Race 2 Place 4
Race 3 Win 2
Race 5 Place 2

$50 Parlay

Race 4 Show 1
Race 5 Place 2

Betting back $700 of the $1500 that was made yesterday.

Good luck everyone :headbanger:

Exotic1
04-02-2017, 12:00 PM
Was having no luck finding anything I liked on the card until I stumbled on this one again and spent about fifteen minutes just deciding if I even wanted to think about giving him another chance. I should probably listen to pre-game, Andy probably has a stat that Linda Rice is 3-38 going back 95 months on droppers in their sixth career start stretching out a half-furlong.

But if you can do it, by golly...

Don't make fun :). Andy's presentation of stats on Linda's horses are remarkable. He's made the correct point a few times - for some reason stats on her placement patterns (and ultimate results) are meaningful.

Exotic1
04-02-2017, 12:05 PM

* All win wagers are based on a "hypothetical" $2 unit size - My actual unit size may be much larger.....Oh yeah, I said it.

Come on, that's understood by everyone. You take the hypothetical $2 wager and multiply it by a factor. That get us to the reality.

Exotic1
04-02-2017, 12:14 PM

The other solid opinion is in race 5. I blew a gasket on Hector Diaz for his "ride" on Three Eighy Eight and I am not really happy that he is back on. I wanted someone with more muscle, as I feel this horse needs a strong pump. Franco would've been perfect but alas, I feel like he is the only closer in a race where the bookend bombs can sprinkle in some unwanted moves on the chalks residing in pp's 4&5. I especially think the 6's post and 2nd quarter capability can make the 4&5 miserable. .....

Agree. I really like the #5 in a head to head match up vs the #4 but I'm concerned about the pace.

johnhannibalsmith
04-02-2017, 12:18 PM
Don't make fun :). Andy's presentation of stats on Linda's horses are remarkable. He's made the correct point a few times - for some reason stats on her placement patterns (and ultimate results) are meaningful.

It would be true making fun if it wasn't a real consideration for me. I have some difficulty making an entire decision based upon some of the obscure stats he comes with, but in the case of Rice it does seem as though when he pulls one of these out and it boils down to a real positive stat or a real negative stat - the stat does seem to imply the eventual outcome a lot of the time when I'm paying attention.

ReplayRandall
04-02-2017, 12:21 PM
Come on, that's understood by everyone. You take the hypothetical $2 wager and multiply it by a factor. That get us to the reality.
On the surface, it should be understood by everyone. However, such is not the case, as we still have those who "misinterpret" the information that is given, sometimes intentionally....I find it easier to always be a straight-shooter, that way there is little to no room for shenanigans of ridicule and nefarious nonsense.

johnhannibalsmith
04-02-2017, 12:26 PM
On the surface, it should be understood by everyone. However, such is not the case, as we still have those who "misinterpret" the information that is given, sometimes intentionally....I find it easier to always be a straight-shooter, that way there is little to no room for shenanigans of ridicule and nefarious nonsense.

Guess my mind is totally soiled; I thought that it was all just a setup to boast on your unit size.

ReplayRandall
04-02-2017, 12:33 PM
Guess my mind is totally soiled; I thought that it was all just a setup to boast on your unit size.
You'll have to go elsewhere for the person you're alluding to....

Robert Fischer
04-02-2017, 12:36 PM
4th race could be a betting race

Exotic1
04-02-2017, 01:29 PM
It would be true making fun if it wasn't a real consideration for me. I have some difficulty making an entire decision based upon some of the obscure stats he comes with, but in the case of Rice it does seem as though when he pulls one of these out and it boils down to a real positive stat or a real negative stat - the stat does seem to imply the eventual outcome a lot of the time when I'm paying attention.

With Rice for sure. The thing is, when you throw ROI into the stat analysis it could be misleading if you're just trying to "get through" the race in a multi-race sequence. Sure the ROI on a particular stat is important in that you don't want to bet undervalued horses. But if your goal is to "be alive" into a mid-price or long shot in your multi-race bets, then it's win % that becomes just as or even more important than ROI - to some degree obviously. If your intent is to make it to the next race, it's not our fault that the public is betting the right horse causing a high win % but low ROI. jmo of course. Not saying it's the right way to operate.

Exotic1
04-02-2017, 01:30 PM

Ok, got it.

Exotic1
04-02-2017, 02:20 PM
R3, have to agree with tlg. Of the #3, #4 and #5, the #5 is the best alternative to the #2.

EMD4ME
04-02-2017, 02:25 PM

I know I didn't misinterpret the information given, so I'd like to know who you're talking about. I read the whole thread 3x, don't see where anyone misinterpretted things.:confused:

Regardless, Race 9, Ouro Verde looks like a solid A in the last. 1,3 and 9 should set up enough pace for Cancel to rally up late (like Beach Hut :) ). If Ouro runs out of time, I think it's 94.

So win $100 4, $20 49 EX box. $200 place 4.

Exotic1
04-02-2017, 02:58 PM
I know I didn't misinterpret the information given, so I'd like to know who you're talking about. I read the whole thread 3x, don't see where anyone misinterpretted things.:confused:

Regardless, Race 9, Ouro Verde looks like a solid A in the last. 1,3 and 9 should set up enough pace for Cancel to rally up late (like Beach Hut :) ). If Ouro runs out of time, I think it's 94.

So win $100 4, $20 49 EX box. $200 place 4.

Let's stay on point, pls. Just let me get the last word in :)

If RR is tabulating results based off of a hypothetical fixed base bet, then comparing his P&L results to someone who's bet size will vary greatly between bets, well let's say it get's difficult. While it's true that we're not in a head to head contest per PA's instructions, the waters still get a little muddied. In other words, RR's actual base maybe a $2000 factor or maybe more. His actual bets may increase based on winnings. Also and perhaps foremost, RR was the first to post his selections and chosen format... Having said all of this and just from a completely selfish view point, I appreciate both presentations. But no mistake about it, RR is the real deal and I'm sure you'll agree.

johnhannibalsmith
04-02-2017, 03:01 PM
Okay fine, I'll come with another bum in the fourth since this one is back up where I thought he'd need to be to consider:

:6: Quai Voltaire getting back to the main track.

Gimme $40 win and box in a $8 exacta with 3 and 5 for $$72.

If lose I'm playing one of those million dollar show parlays.

EMD4ME
04-02-2017, 03:09 PM
I can NOT believe I'm about to say this.........

AWESOOOOMEE ride by mike luzzi :jump::jump:

Exotic1
04-02-2017, 03:13 PM

Race 4: Almost anyone can win.

1) Like the way he's finished in last 2. (4YO vs 3YO)
2) FTS. Sire 1/37 with FTS but anything Rosario rides for Cannizzo I am interested in.
3) Hideous 1st out. Looks to be Need the Lead type. Drops. Hushion 3/6 with 2TS MDS to MDCL.
4) Best race can win it, decent Trainer change, Luzzi off, Maragh up. Likely. (4YO vs 3YO)
5) 2TS, can improve
6) not really liking (only 1 of 2 spds, what if 3 breaks bad?)
7) Not in love but is likely and do you want to blow a P5 to a 5/2? (4yo VS 3yo)
8) Maybe cut back helps closing kick? Big rider change

Using ALL on 1 ticket, then 47 to have it extra times, 1 extra ticket to the 125.

Is it too late for me to buy in?

Robert Fischer
04-02-2017, 03:19 PM
So, Andy is hinting that Joe Parker's TIME SQUARED isn't to be trusted here.

Looking to hedge a DD of 1 to the 4 NO HAYNE.

:2: 388 is somewhat interesting albeit overbet @2-1...
Very Dull effort last time, and Diaz kind of fell asleep when he could have let the filly join the front-runners under her own power, but opted instead to take hold off the slow pace and then swing wide prematurely into the far turn, outside of phantom traffic.
In spite of the dull effort and flaky ride, she still caught the 3 for place and galloped out well.

The underlay is actually a potential positive sign (if it isn't just 'gravitation' to Linda).
Rare 'Post Parade' appraisal horse. Show me some life today, baby

johnhannibalsmith
04-02-2017, 03:26 PM

If lose I'm playing one of those million dollar show parlays.

6 ran well. Oh well. Instead of a million, I guess I'll make it $28 so I only lose $100 playing magic money.

$28 show :3: Archumybaby --> :5: Dynamax Prime --> :8: Mainpulated --> :3: Verve's Tale --> :4: Ouro Verde

EMD4ME
04-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Is it too late for me to buy in?

Hee hee...Anything for you Exotic1 :ThmbUp:

Because Beech Hut won, I have all to close. The 2 4X times. The 45 2x times and tons of pick 4s to the 2 (the most) 4&5 a lot and 136 small.

I still want the 2 as I have him as the sole A in the Pick 6. 45 are only covers in pick 6.

Robert Fischer
04-02-2017, 03:54 PM
Joe Parker still has them "running through walls"

388 still running dull efforts and sleepwalking into uncontested 2nds

sometimes betting to obvious form pays better than over-thinking...

alive to chaos in 7th.

Jacobson seems particularly live in 7th as well.

EMD4ME
04-02-2017, 03:58 PM
Joe Parker still has them "running through walls"

388 still running dull efforts and sleepwalking into uncontested 2nds

sometimes betting to obvious form pays better than over-thinking...

alive to chaos in 7th.

Jacobson seems particularly live in 7th as well.

That's for sure. Heard TLG say something similar to that today but they're still willing to break walls in April...

Robert Fischer
04-02-2017, 04:08 PM
My gut says :1: Toga Challenger here in the 6th.

:5: Dynamix Prime did a ton of running last time, but he did weaken late in comparison to :7: Buff.

5 is kind of a wise-guy horse at this point.

alive 157 to chaos 7th PK3 , but give me just 1-7 to DDs

EMD4ME
04-02-2017, 04:40 PM
My gut says :1: Toga Challenger here in the 6th.

:5: Dynamix Prime did a ton of running last time, but he did weaken late in comparison to :7: Buff.

5 is kind of a wise-guy horse at this point.

alive 157 to chaos 7th PK3 , but give me just 1-7 to DDs

I can't believe I'm going to say this but that was another solid ride by luzzi !

Need 4678 to 34 to 4 for the pick 6.

I obviously covered each leg in pick 4s as my pick 6 started with a 17/1 shot. You have to cover in late pick 4 (especially with 10% winners bonus -max $100- plus for nyra bets/rewards :lol:) in a situation like that.

Good luck everyone :)

Robert Fischer
04-02-2017, 04:41 PM
Your boy IRAD w/ 'lone speed' here ...

johnhannibalsmith
04-02-2017, 04:48 PM
My beanstalk just yielded another $100 in magic money and since this was about the only race I found horses I kind of liked today, I guess I better get some practice in making some more EMD style AQU main bets since I'm looking unlikely to get even the 2-1 I thought the eight would be good for here.

R7:

$20 ex: 8-1 = $20

$5 tri: 8-1-ALL = $30
$5 tri: 8-ALL-1 = $30

$2 super: 8-1,4-1,4-ALL = $20

Another hunnner, time to plant more beans.

Robert Fischer
04-02-2017, 04:50 PM
Arroyo hasn't got the 6 to run yet this year, hope that changes today

johnhannibalsmith
04-02-2017, 04:53 PM
TAKE DOWN THE THREE!

:pound::puke:

EMD4ME
04-02-2017, 05:08 PM
My beanstalk just yielded another $100 in magic money and since this was about the only race I found horses I kind of liked today, I guess I better get some practice in making some more EMD style AQU main bets since I'm looking unlikely to get even the 2-1 I thought the eight would be good for here.

R7:

I can't believe the 1 didn't get 2nd. That slight check around the 1/2 cost you that exacta BUT NICE hit on the TRI SIR :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Robert Fischer
04-02-2017, 05:16 PM
why is MO GREEN so cold on the board?

strong fundamental race behind the talented Curlin's Approval.

or is it just "beat the favorite with a 'reach'" night?

let's be real, Verve got lucky in the Comely. I don't buy the whole "needed a race" idea.

(dressed up or not) nothing wrong w/ the heavy chalk either. Would say 4-5 cold exacta is the play, but 5 isn't cold in that pool.

Pass

edit = trying to stay awake here = action 4/5/2,6 and 4/2,6/5

//postrace edit: GROWL

EMD4ME
04-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Bad racing luck removes pick 6 from my pocket.

4 doesn't break well which changed the pace makeup of the race.

Paco only has 1 mount. Glues himself to a suspect rail (not bad but not the place to be) and stressed his mount out with the chalk.

Oh well, on to race 9.

johnhannibalsmith
04-02-2017, 05:28 PM
I can't believe the 1 didn't get 2nd. That slight check around the 1/2 cost you that exacta BUT NICE hit on the TRI SIR :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Thanks. When I watched it live I thought the bit of trouble on the turn probably cost him, but second time around, I think I just misread the three and that's what cost me. I don't know why, I always feel lost at the start of the main track and rarely can find a horse or two that I trust in any race. For a bit there I thought maybe this would break the curse, but alas...

johnhannibalsmith
04-02-2017, 05:34 PM

R7:

Do I have to do math now if I get involved in the magic money part of the thread?

Criminy, we had a scratch that I think was worth $18 before the race started, then it was $46.50 a copy for the fiddy cent tri, I believe, which is $465 + 18, or $483 minus the $200 in magic money, yields $283 in magic money profit thus far. I think.

johnhannibalsmith
04-02-2017, 05:43 PM
Ten minutes to the finale and here's my ultimate return to main track dilemma.

Pretty much everyone left but the 4 and 5 look like they'd just assume drive away from the gate and see how long they last.

So, do we wind up with a five horse duel or a field of trainers and jocks that see the same thing and know they are back on the main and someone winds up cutting loose at some point and breaking some cheap maiden hearts when the sustained pressure never materializes?

johnhannibalsmith
04-02-2017, 05:51 PM
Alright well, you all are too slow with helpful opinions. Since I have some magic money profits to blow and hold my fictional feet to the fire, I'll pretend that practice really does make passable.

I'm going to count on nobody getting away. Two first timers in here. If one of them breaks and the others don't want to send, surely someone on a firster will take the opportunity unless told otherwise.

If that happens, I don't count on any of these that seem to want to pop and stop to do any real running from in behind. And I think the four is probably the way to go, but I don't trust this rider if he winds up in a line drive trying to get past the five late.

So,

$21 exactabox: 4,5 = $42
$1 super: 4,5 - 4,5 - ALL - ALL = $40

Tip the teller a buck and leave me with two hunner please.

Exotic1
04-02-2017, 05:52 PM
Ten minutes to the finale and here's my ultimate return to main track dilemma.

Pretty much everyone left but the 4 and 5 look like they'd just assume drive away from the gate and see how long they last.

So, do we wind up with a five horse duel or a field of trainers and jocks that see the same thing and know they are back on the main and someone winds up cutting loose at some point and breaking some cheap maiden hearts when the sustained pressure never materializes?

I think scenario #1 is more likely. #1 is in trouble here.

johnhannibalsmith
04-02-2017, 05:54 PM
Oh criminy that does it wake me up when Belmont starts.

:lol:

Exotic1
04-02-2017, 05:54 PM
I think scenario #1 is more likely. #1 is in trouble here.

Lots a trouble :eek:

TheOracle
04-02-2017, 06:55 PM

Hey Replay,

What's up with only 3 racing days at Aqueduct they went from Wednesdays to Sunday then Thursdays to Sunday now it's Friday to Sunday?

ReplayRandall
04-02-2017, 07:02 PM

Scratch--AQU-R6- :3: Mollica (NY) 6-1 H R Diaz, Jr. - L Rice----Scratch

Results= Airball

Daily Plays= 4
Daily Winners= 0
Daily Net= -8.00

Total Plays= 15
Total Winners= 3
Strike Rate= 20%
Running Total= +3.50

EMD4ME
04-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Official plays for me on here WERE the following:

$100 WIN and $400 PLACE 2 in race 5 (2nd Paid $3.40) PLUS $180

$50 parlay

Race 2 Place 4 ($3.00) Turns into $75
Race 5 Place 2 ($3.40) Turns into $127.50 PLUS $77.50

$25 parlay

Race 1 Place 6 LOST MINUS $25
Race 2 Place 4
Race 5 Place 2

$50 Parlay

Race 3 Win 2 ($2.60) Turns into $65
Race 5 Place 2 ($3.40) Turns into $110.50 PLUS $60.50

$25 Parlay

Race 2 Place 4 ($3.00) Turns into $37.50
Race 3 Win 2 ($2.60) Turns into $48.75
Race 5 Place 2 ($3.40) Turns into $82.87 PLUS $57.87

$50 Parlay

Race 4 Show 1 ($4.80-Wish that was a win bet!)
Race 5 Place 2 Turns into $120 ($3.40) turns into $204 PLUS $154

Betting back $700 of the $1500 that was made yesterday.

AND....R 9 Win $100 4, $20 49 EX box. $200 place 4. (2nd paid $2.70)

MINUS $70
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total for day: Wagered $1040, Return of $1,474.87 PLUS $434.87

New Meet long positive of $1,934.87

ReplayRandall
04-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Hey Replay,

What's up with only 3 racing days at Aqueduct they went from Wednesdays to Sunday then Thursdays to Sunday now it's Friday to Sunday?
AQU-Main for first weekend back was 3 days, the rest of the meet it's 5 days a week until closing day, Sunday April 23rd.....

EMD4ME
04-03-2017, 08:31 PM
Wednesday's 2nd race....

Could be a good betting race.

#3 Hushion has used Carmouche on 7 horses (10 mounts). All of them were up close early and with speed.

This horse (FTS by Harlans Holiday) is by a dam who won once (from behind), routing on the fake stuff at PID. The granddam was a LOOONG turf router only.

Sold for more than 8X the sire fee. Why is Carmouche up for what seems to be a turf bred closer?

#2 War Front ($250,000 sire fee and 20% of his kids are standouts) is from a dam that hasn't produced much but looks live.

#1 will take money, experienced chalk. I don't like betting horses who wear a hood (that gets removed in the gate) and are now breaking from the rail.

#4 Chad Brown FTS, JOSE ORTIZ up, Dam won at Charles Town with a 52B. 1 FULL BRO was a total cheap lifetime weakie. Broke maiden in umpteenth start in AQU MDcler for 30,000 BUT is working VERY WELL. Another contender.

#5 Rudy Rodriguez. Need we say more? Dam won 1st out in NC ALW at Lone Star (skipping MDSPWT) with a 72B, then won in Jan of 3 year old season with a 99B in 2nd start. No workouts from 3/8 till today (4/3), why?

#6 Worked out fast for 2 year old races (46 1/2 mile) but never showed it in afternoon. Morning glory?

#7 Chased a FAAAAAST sprinter that we all know. Improves 2nd out?

Nice race.........Reminds me of the Spaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

jk3521
04-03-2017, 08:56 PM
Wednesday's 2nd race....

#6 Worked out fast for 2 year old races (46 1/2 mile) but never showed it in afternoon. Morning glory?

Might be interesting to hear what Maggie has to say about this horse.

EMD4ME
04-03-2017, 09:15 PM
Might be interesting to hear what Maggie has to say about this horse.

That last race was really key. Wnr 3rd in Stake. 2nd horse won with a 98 beyer and 3rd horse was 2nd a neck with an 82. Bottom 2 were putrid afterwards but he did chase the fast leader early.

As for Maggie, yes, I always like to listen to her thoughts :ThmbUp:

jk3521
04-03-2017, 09:38 PM
That last race was really key. Wnr 3rd in Stake. 2nd horse won with a 98 beyer and 3rd horse was 2nd a neck with an 82. Bottom 2 were putrid afterwards but he did chase the fast leader early.

As for Maggie, yes, I always like to listen to her thoughts :ThmbUp:

Especially here since her baby's daddy owns and trains.

EMD4ME
04-03-2017, 09:42 PM

She's very fair and IMHO, as honest as anyone in her position can be.

EMD4ME
04-03-2017, 09:43 PM

Is CT still open for horse wagering on Easter Sunday?

Also.....

I love your nickname :pound:

ReplayRandall
04-03-2017, 11:15 PM
Live plays for Wednesday, April 5th on AQU-Main:

AQU-R1- :1: Glare Ice (NY) 12-1 R Montanez -J T Toscano, Jr.

AQU-R2- :6: Enasoit (KY) 15-1 M Franco -T Morley

AQU-R4- :6: Nefer Nefer (KY) 10-1 J Alvarado -M A Hennig

AQU-R5- :4: If You Believe (KY) 15-1 L R Reyes -C F Martin

AQU-R8- :6: North Eight Street (NY) 20-1 K Carmouche -M Nevin

AQU-R9- :1: Happy Match (KY) 5-1 A S Arroyo -A W Dutrow

Murph
04-04-2017, 12:20 AM
Is CT still open for horse wagering on Easter Sunday?

Also.....

I love your nickname :pound:Charlestown is not open Easter Sunday but Emerald Downs is. Come to Mass this weekend. When you are not there we miss you.

EMD4ME
04-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Charlestown is not open Easter Sunday but Emerald Downs is. Come to Mass this weekend. When you are not there we miss you.

Thanks Murph! That's what im working out. How to bet Emd on 4/16. Have some options but travel for the day is out of the question. I found the best option last night. Thank you sir !

Murph
04-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Thanks Murph! That's what im working out. How to bet Emd on 4/16. Have some options but travel for the day is out of the question. I found the best option last night. Thank you sir !
Excellent. Have a great holiday this Easter, one and all.

http://www.equibase.com/live.cfm

Bumping up this link for general interest. I've found this page is the front door to the statsmaster link for each track! So click a track code, then the track name link on top of that page. Statsmaster link is under the Other Information tab.

Here's a track profile page for OP. Lot's of info fast.

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Track&trk=OP&cy=USA

Murph
04-04-2017, 11:58 AM
Indiana Grand Easter Promo
https://indianagrand.com/racing/racing-promotions/

FREE EASTER HAM GIVEAWAY

SATURDAY, APRIL 8 – SUNDAY, APRIL 9

Pick up your FREE Kroger™ gift card by visiting Club Centaur in the casino at Indiana Grand OR Hoosier Park any time from 10AM Saturday, April 8 through 11:59PM Sunday, April 9, 2017. Limit one (1) per person, per promotional period.

Murph
04-04-2017, 01:08 PM
To keep on track I have a play to offer here. Race 3 Wednesday offers an angle I track for winners back in 14 days or less, qualified with a speed rating equal to or better than today's class rating.

:3: Horoscope (NY) 3/G L $0 M Franco 122 D A Cannizzo 2/1
Looks like a veteran compared to the others in this field. Blue Belt has earned higher pace ratings but in NY bred races. Horoscope looks to be in top form right back for the win.

:1: Blue Belt (NY) 3/G L $0 I Ortiz, Jr. 122 L Rivelli 7/5
This one sat out the last conditions on the inner track and has been off for more than 30 days with a few indifferent works showing.

Longshots :4: and :5: both show a pace improvement pattern I look for. Improvement from either of these 3yo's can come quickly now (or not at all). :4: Always a Suspect went well enough off the geld and earned a best middle pace figure at Laurel in his last.

:5: Jewel Heist may run the best of his troubled career in this spot as the pace ratings from his last go at Gulfstream are his best and top the field behind Blue Belts' NY bred pace ratings. He'll have to do it off a 6 month absence from racing with a strong series of works showing since mid-January.

My opinion is based on a thought that the NY bred races in BB's past record are a bit inflated in comparison to the field. Except in the case of :2: Have Another which will make him a toss out on the class jump today.

Play $2 Exacta :3: x :4:,:5: and :4:,:5: x :3: = $8
$1 Trifecta :3: x :4:,:5: x ALL and :4:,:5: x :3:,:4:,:5: x ALL = $18

I'm interested to test the ratings and see if I'm right about Horoscope here. You can't make me use that NYRA morning line! Good luck cappers.

EMD4ME
04-04-2017, 07:36 PM
4th race tomorrow, has an interesting horse to follow...

#2. Chris Englehart trained Bay City Blues in 1st start. Was out well and professionally.....then climbed and lost action and went off the pan shot. Had to alter course twice from the 1/4, finished with interest and galloped out with the winner.

Was stretched out for start #2 under a different trainer. Sat in the back under little asking early, then showed a good 3rd quarter move, ran on evenly in lane.

Was a Private Purchase after the race and given back to the original trainer. Runs back after apprx 3 months off.

Furthermore, her dam was a 6/12 (On dirt) NY Bred Stakes winner who did her BEST running as a 3YO AND was 3/3 I believe in 1 Turn Dirt races in that 3YO season.

Bay City Blues is now in her 3 year old season in April. Could have blossomed a bit. Is a PARX MDCLER running in NY against MDSPWT's but Irad took the mount and even if she doesn't win WED (I'm only using her as a C type), can be setting up a BEL maiden claiming win.

johnhannibalsmith
04-05-2017, 09:20 AM

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Came here curious to read if anyone had covered this race and talked about this one after I had looked at the race. Mainly to see if anyone just loved one of the others for some reason because I'm with you if this one doesn't come off the morning line a ton.

Murph
04-05-2017, 10:16 AM

Came here curious to read if anyone had covered this race and talked about this one after I had looked at the race. Mainly to see if anyone just loved one of the others for some reason because I'm with you if this one doesn't come off the morning line a ton.Hell JHB, IF this one :6: decides to run out of the turn today, he could win big! My angle is lukewarm to 2 first time starters here so this angle is rarely a strong play. Lots of ???'s on the ml fave too but he does show a recent good effort that may not come today. We'll see.

Found this item in my e-mail from DRF+ this morning RE Race 3 today.

AQUEDUCT: Pace duel would benefit Have Another in sprint feature

"Blue Belt learned his lessons quickly. It took Horoscope longer to get going. The light bulb finally came on for Have Another in his last start. This trio of 3-year-olds will meet in the third race at Aqueduct on Wednesday, a first-level allowance at 6 1/2 furlongs. READ MORE DRF+"

This handicapper seems to have taken an opposite view to mine and believes the ratings for the NY races are valid. Interesting.

johnhannibalsmith
04-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Hell JHB, IF this one :6: decides to run out of the turn today, he could win big! My angle is lukewarm to 2 first time starters here so this angle is rarely a strong play. Lots of ???'s on the ml fave too but he does show a recent good effort that may not come today. We'll see.

I'll be honest and say that I have no idea how the betting will really go and what kind of price this guy will be. And it is really a matter of value with him since I can't say that I think he's most likely or even more likely than a few here.

But if you can put that last race out of the picture for a moment on the premise that it most likely wasn't representative since he sure figured off the debut and then did nothing after the race until returning to work at the top of 2017, then I do think he's very attractive at around 7-1. No reason he can't be considerably faster this year with a year of maturity and seems to have been working well for this and they decide to return in maiden allowance rather than for a tag.

I doubt that he's any kind of world-beater, and if there's anything better than average in here then he's likely in trouble anyway, but I think he'd probably be vying for favoritism barring a FTS that is red hot on the board had that second start never happened.

Cice
04-05-2017, 11:28 AM

Came here curious to read if anyone had covered this race and talked about this one after I had looked at the race. Mainly to see if anyone just loved one of the others for some reason because I'm with you if this one doesn't come off the morning line a ton.

FYI, before the last race, Maggie gushed about this horse! Personal fav, the 46 sec work before the race was legit, yada yada. My notes say she mentioned that Franco actually rode the horse in the 46 sec workout! Bet down from 8/1 as well.

Something happened and the steady works since Feb show this one may be ok now. Family owned and trained, equipment change...I'm in!

johnhannibalsmith
04-05-2017, 11:32 AM
FYI, before the last race, Maggie gushed about this horse! Personal fav, the 46 sec work before the race was legit, yada yada. My notes say she mentioned that Franco actually rode the horse in the 46 sec workout! Bet down from 8/1 as well.

Something happened and the steady works since Feb show this one may be ok now. Family owned and trained, equipment change...I'm in!

Good stuff! :ThmbUp:

RedMeansGo
04-05-2017, 11:55 AM
FYI, before the last race, Maggie gushed about this horse!

Well ya... her husband owns and trains the horse.

Cice
04-05-2017, 12:43 PM
Well ya... her husband owns and trains the horse.

True, but she doesn't praise his horses like she did this one, that is why I put in my stable. She is usually honest in her opinion of his horses.

Robert Fischer
04-05-2017, 12:57 PM
First race is too tough for me.

jk3521
04-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Welcome back, Larry Collmus. Travis did a fine job.

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 01:14 PM
Going strictly by my numbers, the :3: is definitely worth a bet

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 01:20 PM
on both :3:&:4: in the opener

lamboguy
04-05-2017, 01:20 PM
race 2 #2 WHITE FLAG

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Winner winner, chicken dinner...and maybe a nice exacta too

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 01:24 PM
Now, you guys have been saying all this time about no speed duels in NY, right? :lol:

Break and take back is the rule?

Robert Fischer
04-05-2017, 01:24 PM

good picks

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 01:26 PM
This smells like a dead heat to me

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 01:26 PM
This smells like a dead heat to meI stand corrected...NICE!

HuggingTheRail
04-05-2017, 01:38 PM

you should post more often :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::lol:

Nice hit boss!

Robert Fischer
04-05-2017, 01:43 PM
1 and 4 taking all the money.

is there a way to work the :2::3::5: into some exotics??

:3: for Mike Hushion will be the most overlooked price. Have no idea if he's any good. $285K Gelding FTS.
I imagine he's here to win first time. Not feeling out for turf, or ease into the game for a stretch-out route later on.

johnhannibalsmith
04-05-2017, 01:43 PM
Damn, missed the first, nice pickin' sounds like boss.

johnhannibalsmith
04-05-2017, 01:57 PM
I think I'll play him back at TuP.

Robert Fischer
04-05-2017, 02:10 PM
another tough betting race in the 3rd.

1 looks like a 3/5 winner.

I think 4 or 5 could beat the 2.

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 02:29 PM
THis :5: in here is the only one worth a bet, but I'll be passing this race altogether so forget what I said

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Now I feel smart...:lol:

Robert Fischer
04-05-2017, 02:44 PM
only bet so far $1.00 P3 (PWHL) 1, 4, 5 / 5, 7 / 2, 3 $12.00

r4
need 5 or 7 here.

I know 7 is a Chad Brown, and she's trained pretty workout numbers, but her race wasn't all that great.
Now, I kinda wish I had used a couple more in the pk3.
Maybe I'll put together an exacta with a horse or 2 extra on top.

Robert Fischer
04-05-2017, 03:02 PM
my backup

:1: = Andy made some good points
:3: = She looks beautiful. So good, I can excuse her weak race vs colts last.
:6: = Probably a dud, but she is a wildcard. Last race drew poorly and jogged after a bad 1st turn, in a race that didn't collapse. Worked well enough, shipped to NY.

DD over the 123 in race 5 (brings the total pk3+DD wager to $21)

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 04:40 PM
Interesting race coming up here...Ortiz bros on the two speeds in this race...what will they do?

One is 6/5 the other is 7/2 and they are my top two picks.

My line:

:5: 3/2
:6: 9/5

Obviously the :6: is worth a bet here...but these two figure to beat each other up (on paper)...and the :5: has been on the shelf for a while...

I am going to pass this race, but thought I'd offer up my POV

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 04:45 PM
:5: breaks slow and :6: goes to front...lol

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 04:46 PM
both were also-rans...I feel smart again...how do you bet this :5: down to 4/5?

EasyGoer89
04-05-2017, 04:50 PM
both were also-rans...I feel smart again...how do you bet this :5: down to 4/5?

The jock who's the relative by marriage to the trainer didn't even want to ride, yet, the gamblers couldn't get enough.

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 04:52 PM
both were also-rans...I feel smart again...how do you bet this :5: down to 4/5?Then again, I did have this horse at 3/2 on my line...so......

It's not always about the numbers, especially in short fields like this...sometimes it's worth it to dive deeper...sometimes it isn't.

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 04:53 PM
The jock who's the relative by marriage to the trainer didn't even want to ride, yet, the gamblers couldn't get enough.Oh stop it with this nonsense...every freakin' time...

EasyGoer89
04-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Oh stop it with this nonsense...every freakin' time...

Good angle!

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Good angle!What can you tell me about the :5: in this next race...before the race preferably...

I again like the Ortiz bros both in this race...I'm trying to decide if the :7: might be worth it against the huge chalk here...

My line:

:5: 6/5
:7: 5/2

EasyGoer89
04-05-2017, 04:59 PM
What can you tell me about the :5: in this next race...before the race preferably...

I again like the Ortiz bros both in this race...I'm trying to decide if the :7: might be worth it against the huge chalk here...

My line:

:5: 6/5

I'm betting against it the horse is a 1 number filly who tripped out, she's supposed to win, but I'll be trying to do something exotically with the 1 and 4.

And I'll bet against minus show if there's a bit bet on the 5

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 05:10 PM
This :7: horse can't go 6 1/2...I really wish she could...maybe Irad "takes back" and lets her have an easy lead...and when he finishes up the track at 1/9 he can claim it was the layoff that did her in?

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 05:17 PM
I'm passing this race...8-1 even though an overlay on my line is still too short IMO

ReplayRandall
04-05-2017, 07:41 PM
I'm passing this race...8-1 even though an overlay on my line is still too short IMO
Congrats on multiple hits on different cards today...:ThmbUp:

ReplayRandall
04-05-2017, 07:44 PM
Live plays for Wednesday, April 5th on AQU-Main:

AQU-R1- :1: Glare Ice (NY) 12-1 R Montanez -J T Toscano, Jr.

AQU-R4- :6: Nefer Nefer (KY) 10-1 J Alvarado -M A Hennig

AQU-R5- :4: If You Believe (KY) 15-1 L R Reyes -C F Martin

AQU-R8- :6: North Eight Street (NY) 20-1 K Carmouche -M Nevin

AQU-R9- :1: Happy Match (KY) 5-1 A S Arroyo -A W Dutrow

Results= NADA

Daily Plays= 6
Daily Winners= 00
Daily Net= -12.00

Total Plays= 21
Total Winners= 3
Strike Rate= 14%
Running Total= -8.50

ReplayRandall
04-05-2017, 09:24 PM
Live plays for Thursday, April 6th on AQU-Main:

AQU-R4- :6: Majestic Mac (NY) 6-1 I Ortiz, Jr. - G C Contessa

AQU-R5- :5: Late Night Kiss (KY) 12-1 L R Reyes - G C Contessa

AQU-R6- :3: Mr. Canada (KY) 20-1 K Mendez - N Terracciano

AQU-R7- :8: Two Down One to Go (NY) 4-1 K Carmouche - S M Asmussen

AQU-R9- :4: Mary Pray for Us (NY) 10-1 J L Ortiz - M Miceli

Murph
04-05-2017, 09:30 PM
My opinion is based on a thought that the NY bred races in BB's past record are a bit inflated in comparison to the field. Except in the case of :2: Have Another which will make him a toss out on the class jump today.

Play $2 Exacta :3: x :4:,:5: and :4:,:5: x :3: = $8
$1 Trifecta :3: x :4:,:5: x ALL and :4:,:5: x :3:,:4:,:5: x ALL = $18

I'm interested to test the ratings and see if I'm right about Horoscope here. You can't make me use that NYRA morning line! Good luck cappers.

This was the best 4 horse race in the country today. Too bad Horoscope scratched. Blue Bell and Jewel Heist went at it for a half then LRL shipper Always a Suspect picks up the pieces. The ratings played to my expectations as the open race ratings outperformed the NY bred ratings for BB here.

Great job on your selections today PA. I picked a couple of winners on this card in the contest thread.

Horoscope should show up in a race this week, maybe?

EMD4ME
04-05-2017, 11:36 PM
Race 1 tomorrow, boy the 5 is suspect to me.

Wrong lead all of backstretch in last. Overall, had a nice garden trip but wasn't coming late. Not a good gallop out. Not the nicest size. Should get a good trip off of the 2 and 4 but I am NOT enamored.

OK everyone, go ahead and single the 5 now :lol::lol::lol:

The 1 was a victim of poorly timed rides in multiple races in a row (jock started moves into the clubhouse turn-way too early). Last time out was forced to wait and rate, hence the solid looking finish.

I think the 2 is a better speed than the 4 however they could cancel eachother out.

The 6 could come back live but I'm feeling a sneaky feeling on this BOMB 7 horse.

Logic? Was a horse who never could pass or finish for entire career. Was sandwiched in FIRST START-A WAIVER START-for NEW OWNER AND TRAINER EDUARDO JONES. 10/256 for 4 1/2 years but 4 for last 46 Eduardo Jones. 4% to 8%...mini Jo Parker? :lol:

Anyway, after losing a few lengths at the start, showed a bit of a burst when asked, raced near the inside all of the far turn and showed agility rallying passed horses near the rail, which I had AS MINUS. Didn't change stretch leads till the gallop out but kept on with heart underneath horses. Yes, it was a collapse but this horse showed something it never has before. FINISH and heart.

Maybe, just maybe he was prepping at 6F in for the waiver and is meant to go the 1M....

If the 2 and 4 hurt eachother, Cancel moves to early (very possible with him-unless he gets overed up and forced to wait till the lane), Irad's horse simply is missing any finish going a mile, the 7 can get a good check here.

Plus $1,934.87 going into Thursday.

Race 1: $25 win 7. $50 Place 7. $125 Show 7 is the wager. Hoping for 30/1 odds.

ReplayRandall
04-06-2017, 12:35 PM

AQU-R9- :4: Mary Pray for Us (NY) 10-1 J L Ortiz - M Miceli

AQU-R9- :11: Impazible Angela (NY) 20-1 A J Ayala - A C Adsit

Change made in AQU-R9 due to scratch of #4, now the #11...

NorCalGreg
04-06-2017, 02:06 PM
I see you struggling a little bit, Randall....let me help you out. :)

6TH :8: BAMBISFROSTYRACER 4-1

8TH :2: DEVINE DENTAL 20-1

9TH :3: CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIE 8-1

book 'em

-NCG

ReplayRandall
04-06-2017, 02:21 PM
I see you struggling a little bit, Randall....let me help you out. :)

6TH :8: BAMBISFROSTYRACER 4-1

8TH :2: DEVINE DENTAL 20-1

9TH :3: CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIE 8-1

book 'em

-NCG
When I lose 30 in a row, then I'm struggling a little bit pal, not there yet.....:cool:

PaceAdvantage
04-06-2017, 03:24 PM
The first race of the day at AQU that I have any interest in...

My line for race #5:

:1: 3/1
:3: 7/1

PaceAdvantage
04-06-2017, 03:42 PM
On :7::1:

EasyGoer89
04-06-2017, 03:48 PM
The Hat almost shocked the world in Aqu 5th!! EMD that's your horse you loved her on Jan 20!

EMD4ME
04-06-2017, 03:53 PM
The Hat almost shocked the world in Aqu 5th!! EMD that's your horse you loved her on Jan 20!

Yup ;)

That old thread has some supreme nuggets provided in it.:ThmbUp:

Hope you cashed on her in the 2nd spot:)

cj
04-06-2017, 04:00 PM
Yup ;)

I'd genuinely like to hear how liking her on the 20th translates to being a fan today, three bad starts later.

EasyGoer89
04-06-2017, 04:03 PM
Yup ;)

Had small wp action bet

PaceAdvantage
04-06-2017, 05:40 PM
Only other race at AQU that I like....Race #9:

:1: 8/5
:5: 9/2
:10: 5/1

PaceAdvantage
04-06-2017, 05:49 PM
Only other race at AQU that I like....Race #9:

:1: 8/5
:5: 9/2
:10: 5/1On :1:&:10:

PaceAdvantage
04-06-2017, 05:52 PM
On :1:&:10:Nuttin

ReplayRandall
04-06-2017, 06:51 PM

AQU-R9- :11: Impazible Angela (NY) 20-1 A J Ayala - A C Adsit

Change made in AQU-R9 due to scratch of #4, now the #11...

Results= ZIPPO
(Though Mr. Canada just missed at 23-1)

Daily Plays= 5
Daily Winners= 0
Daily Net= -10.00

Total Plays= 26
Total Winners= 3
Strike Rate= 11%
Running Total= -18.50

EMD4ME
04-06-2017, 07:19 PM
I'd genuinely like to hear how liking her on the 20th translates to being a fan today, three bad starts later.

Hey CJ, welcome back sir.

Sure. Looking at her return to racing in 2016, she peaked on March 31st, when she was hung out 4w of 4 in a 4h duel, showed good heart (for a double digit lifetime maiden) to EARN 2nd and earned a 49 Beyer figure that day.

The best dirt figure/wet dirt figure in the field today was a 52/47, so her best puts her right in it.

Fast forward:

Dec 9th, flashed some speed off layoff, throw race out, needed it.

Jan 6th, improved run. Here's why: broke out, had to be straightened by jock. Hustled and made up 1 in q1 (spent energy). Then, jock had her under a hold as he looked scared to go on the far turn, then the hole closed at the 5/16, idled for a 1/16, was set down and finished with good energy.

Jan 20th, I personally don't count the TWO TURN route against her, see her as a sprinter. Easygoer89 was close, I loved her in her next start, not Jan 20th. I felt she was ready to pop and cycling up.

Feb 17th, I bet her. The pace was a joke, 71 (TFUS) Q1. 70 the rest of the way. So, the flow was even. She kept improving the whole way.

Mar 12, I bet her again/used her again in Picks. Her right end hit the gate and then PP4 was smashed and in return bumped her hard, she was off slow and the jock over reacted, pumping to death to catch stride and to hold ground well in the 1st quarter. She was taken wide for no reason into the clubhouse turn, chased wide in Q2 and then kept on solidly in the lane, evidenced also by TFUS figs of 26 45 52 52

So, to recap, many hidden trip notes. Liked her just 2 back a lot, followed her back in last. She was a victim at the start in last. Is facing the worst bunch of pacers, cough cough, trotters, cough, maiden claimers you could ever find and got an EXTRA furlong to suck up in.

EMD4ME
04-06-2017, 07:25 PM
Race 1 tomorrow, boy the 5 is suspect to me.

Wrong lead all of backstretch in last. Overall, had a nice garden trip but wasn't coming late. Not a good gallop out. Not the nicest size. Should get a good trip off of the 2 and 4 but I am NOT enamored.

OK everyone, go ahead and single the 5 now :lol::lol::lol:

The 1 was a victim of poorly timed rides in multiple races in a row (jock started moves into the clubhouse turn-way too early). Last time out was forced to wait and rate, hence the solid looking finish.

I think the 2 is a better speed than the 4 however they could cancel eachother out.

The 6 could come back live but I'm feeling a sneaky feeling on this BOMB 7 horse.

Logic? Was a horse who never could pass or finish for entire career. Was sandwiched in FIRST START-A WAIVER START-for NEW OWNER AND TRAINER EDUARDO JONES. 10/256 for 4 1/2 years but 4 for last 46 Eduardo Jones. 4% to 8%...mini Jo Parker? :lol:

Anyway, after losing a few lengths at the start, showed a bit of a burst when asked, raced near the inside all of the far turn and showed agility rallying passed horses near the rail, which I had AS MINUS. Didn't change stretch leads till the gallop out but kept on with heart underneath horses. Yes, it was a collapse but this horse showed something it never has before. FINISH and heart.

Maybe, just maybe he was prepping at 6F in for the waiver and is meant to go the 1M....

If the 2 and 4 hurt eachother, Cancel moves to early (very possible with him-unless he gets overed up and forced to wait till the lane), Irad's horse simply is missing any finish going a mile, the 7 can get a good check here.

Plus $1,934.87 going into Thursday.

Race 1: $25 win 7. $50 Place 7. $125 Show 7 is the wager. Hoping for 30/1 odds.

Was too close to the pace IMHO BUT set himself up for 1 last shot VS cheap MDCLERS going 6 1/2 or 7F next out (on the cutback). Right there at the 1/4 but tired in the 4th quarter.

Minus $200 today.

Plus $1,734.87 at close of business 4/6/17

ReplayRandall
04-06-2017, 08:20 PM
Will you use an emoticon next time, look what you just subjected us to..:rolleyes:

Mr. Pick 5
04-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Will you use an emoticon next time, look what you just subjected us to..:rolleyes:

Hey there, no need to take your bad selections out on emd :rolleyes:

(Did I utilize the emoji properly?)

ReplayRandall
04-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Hey there, no need to take your bad selections out on emd :rolleyes:

(Did I utilize the emoji properly?)
At least I'll give you credit for making your point AND being concise....Instead of BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH jock choked him back, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, it's the Ortiz brother's controlling the outcome, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH and other boring redundant replay fantasy synopsis BLAH, BLAH.....It was kind of obvious that CJ was being sarcastic, but nooooooo

Dahoss9698
04-06-2017, 09:25 PM

It doesn't. But when your goal is to prove yourself and you fail over and over you start grasping at straws.

PaceAdvantage
04-06-2017, 10:19 PM
I believe cj wrote he'd genuinely like to hear...so not quite understanding the recent posts...I have a cold and am in a really shitty mood, so don't tempt me into lobbing some cruise missiles onto this board...

Dahoss9698
04-06-2017, 10:29 PM
I believe cj wrote he'd genuinely like to hear...so not quite understanding the recent posts...I have a cold and am in a really shitty mood, so don't tempt me into lobbing some cruise missiles onto this board...

Take some mucinex.

PaceAdvantage
04-06-2017, 10:31 PM
Take some mucinex.Never tried that...is it any good? I usually use Sudafed (the good stuff, the kind you can make meth with...:lol: )

Dahoss9698
04-06-2017, 10:42 PM
Never tried that...is it any good? I usually use Sudafed (the good stuff, the kind you can make meth with...:lol: )

It's the best for clearing out the mucus IMO. Sorry for polluting your thread Randall :lol:

ReplayRandall
04-06-2017, 10:47 PM
It's the best for clearing out the mucus IMO. Sorry for polluting your thread Randall :lol:
Actually you freshened it up a bit....Thanks.

ReplayRandall
04-06-2017, 10:54 PM
Live plays for Friday, April 7th on AQU-Main:

AQU-R4- :1: Pegasus Red (NY) 8-1 I Ortiz, Jr. - B N Levine

AQU-R7- :5: Romanus (KY) 15-1 J Alvarado - M A Hennig

AQU-R8- :2: Jc's Shooting Star (NY) 6-1 I Ortiz, Jr. - D G Donk

AQU-R9- :9: Judgement Free (NY) 7-2 M Franco - T A Pletcher

johnhannibalsmith
04-06-2017, 11:33 PM

No kidding? I take so much crap for that crap and I always see the commercial for the Mucinex urchins and figure a product with that name has to be the best thing available. But, you're the first person I've ever known that had an opinion on it. I got to get some now and might even register my second account as Mucinex right now in case the boss gets worse and I get ruled off.

no breathalyzer
04-06-2017, 11:49 PM
a 5th of crown works better :)

EMD4ME
04-07-2017, 06:41 AM
Race 1: JHS! Our horse, that we liked in last race is running, outside stalk and pounce from Hold Me Momma.

$200 WP #:6: race 1 please.

Exotic1
04-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Results= ZIPPO
(Though Mr. Canada just missed at 23-1)

Daily Plays= 5
Daily Winners= 0
Daily Net= -10.00

Total Plays= 26
Total Winners= 3
Strike Rate= 11%
Running Total= -18.50

Mr. Canada was a tuff result. I used 3,4,7,8 in horizontals and I thought the #3 would lay closer. He broke very well and dropped back. Not a bad trip at all but he wasn't going to out-kick the #6 if they were shoulder to shoulder at the 16th pole. Apprentices on both - you can tell in the stretch.

You're picking 5-1 to 20-1 shots exclusively - so strike rates will take a hit. Interesting for sure.

johnhannibalsmith
04-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Race 1: JHS! Our horse, that we liked in last race is running, outside stalk and pounce from Hold Me Momma.

$200 WP #:6: race 1 please.

Trying to look at nine races in fifteen minutes before your deadline strikes again and think I kind of like to take a shot with :4: Quasney's Angel (20-1) here. I think Rudy is going to drill them from flag fall to wire, but the Quaz here could play a role in at least that aspect of the scenario. This one was actually claimed and ran pretty well in her first two starts for previous connections - and since has run pretty badly for this barn - but they have only ever run over the inner. The good races are over the main. Still probably not good enough anyway, but one of the few races with a likeliest winner that is too short price that offers some kind of big price alternative with at least a train of logic to follow.

aaron
04-07-2017, 11:40 AM
I made the race between the favorite #5 and either the #2 or #6. I would lean toward the #6 because of his last race, but the #2 might actually sit a nice trip.I guess the #5 is the obvious favorite, but I think he is hard to trust.

NorCalGreg
04-07-2017, 01:02 PM
A lot of chalk today....I call 'em as I see 'em

1ST :5: MADAME AAMOURA 8/5

3RD :4: NORTHERN SCREAMER 4-1

4TH :2: CURIOUS CAL 8/5

5TH :2: MASTIC 2-1

9TH :8: LINNIE B 2-1

Good luck

-NCG

cj
04-07-2017, 01:08 PM
Never tried that...is it any good? I usually use Sudafed (the good stuff, the kind you can make meth with...:lol: )

I can tell you guys none of this stuff works for pneumonia :bang:

EMD4ME
04-07-2017, 01:11 PM
I'll add in some pick 5 tickets, all for .50:

6 with 2 with 1-7 with 1-6 with 46 cost $42
6 with 2 with 1-7 with 12346 with 123 $52.50
6 with 2 with 27 with 1-6 with 123467 $36
6 with 2 with 27 with 23 with 1-7 $14
6 with 45 with 1-7 with 12346 with 46 $70

Bet $214.50 in pick 5's in addition to early $200 WP wager on #6 in race 1.

cj
04-07-2017, 01:14 PM

It was some of both. I did want to hear, but I was actually a little dismayed the horse was brought up in a thread for discussing the actual races after the race when not mentioned before. There was ample opportunity for SRU to bring up the horse before the race in THIS thread.

I do appreciate EMD explaining in detail. I thought the horse had some interesting, hidden trips but I'm also not a big believer in trips for slow / bad horses. I guess that is why she was 46-1.

NorCalGreg
04-07-2017, 01:35 PM
Being an 0 for 28 maiden might have influenced the price as well.

whodoyoulike
04-07-2017, 03:00 PM
It was some of both. I did want to hear, but I was actually a little dismayed the horse was brought up in a thread for discussing the actual races after the race when not mentioned before. There was ample opportunity for SRU to bring up the horse before the race in THIS thread.

I do appreciate EMD explaining in detail. I thought the horse had some interesting, hidden trips but I'm also not a big believer in trips for slow / bad horses. I guess that is why she was 46-1.

A 6yo, bottom MC, 0/28 and first time @ 7f in the slop.

Did notice she picked up in the stretch but still in a very slow time.

Not trying to discourage but, how fast (time wise) does one think this sprinter horse can cover 6f much less 7f?

cj
04-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Just to be clear, any more redboarding won't be tolerated in this thread, a thread that is clearly for PRE race selections and handicapping.

EMD4ME
04-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Just to be clear, any more redboarding won't be tolerated in this thread, a thread that is clearly for PRE race selections and handicapping.

Did I not use the 4&6 in my pick 5's as my A's? :confused:

cj
04-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Did I not use the 4&6 in my pick 5's as my A's? :confused:

You weren't the one redboarding as you know.

If SRU wants to post about a horse after the race, he should do so before the race. Simple. That is what this thread is for, no?

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Funny how this thread was rated a 2-star thread before I just voted a 5-star and raised it to 3-star with my vote.

I can only guess the petty mutants who voted this a 1-star thread...I wonder if I can look that up...nah, I don't have to look it up...I know...:lol:

johnhannibalsmith
04-07-2017, 04:21 PM
I still haven't figured out how you rate a thread before it ends.

I think I'm still up $200 in magic money from the other day, so let's get back to even:

R7:

$100 Win: :7: Intothebreach

$3 trifecta: 7-ALL-ALL = $60

$2 trifecta: ALL-7-ALL = $40

==$200 ($0)

EMD4ME
04-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Funny how this thread was rated a 2-star thread before I just voted a 5-star and raised it to 3-star with my vote.

I can only guess the petty mutants who voted this a 1-star thread...I wonder if I can look that up...nah, I don't have to look it up...I know...:lol:

I know I didn't vote yet :)

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2017, 04:23 PM
Go to the top where it says "Rating" and click in there somewhere to rate the thread...

johnhannibalsmith
04-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Sorry, that was poorly worded. Like a book, a movie, or a television series, I can only see myself rating a thread upon completion. Lord knows the second half of many a good movie was absolute crap.

EMD4ME
04-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Sorry, that was poorly worded. Like a book, a movie, or a television series, I can only see myself rating a thread upon completion. Lord knows the second half of many a good movie was absolute crap.

Or the first half :lol::lol::lol::lol:

johnhannibalsmith
04-07-2017, 04:44 PM
As they go to the gate for the seventh, I have to admire a friggin' great morning line.

Exotic1
04-07-2017, 05:13 PM
R8.

Tried beating Hot City Girl #6 the last 4 times but still didn't have the winner. Thought she lost a few steps. Had Disco Chick and Takrees beats me. Are you kidding? Think this race, though longer, sets up for Hot City Girl a little better than the past few races. Race fits Jet Majesty #5 better today than her race 2 back. Think Davis will try and ride the rail all the way.

johnhannibalsmith
04-07-2017, 05:15 PM
Magic money withdrawal...

R8:

$40 win :2:

$10 exacta :6: :2:

==(-$50)

PhantomOnTour
04-07-2017, 05:17 PM
Aqu R8

EX: :3::4:w:3::4::5::6:
WIN::3:

johnhannibalsmith
04-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Holy hell I can't believe that one got beat.

Exotic1
04-07-2017, 05:21 PM
R8.

Tried beating Hot City Girl #6 the last 4 times but still didn't have the winner. Thought she lost a few steps. Had Disco Chick and Takrees beats me. Are you kidding? Think this race, though longer, sets up for Hot City Girl a little better than the past few races. Race fits Jet Majesty #5 better today than her race 2 back. Think Davis will try and ride the rail all the way.

Nice exacta.

Last and next to Last.

HuggingTheRail
04-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Just borrowed $56 from JHS's Bank of Magic Money

AQU Race 9

$1 tri 8 // 5 // 1,2,6,7,9,10,11 = $7

$1 tri 8 // 1,2,6,7,9,10,11 = $7

$1 sf 8 // 5 // 1,2,6,7,9,10,11,//1,2,6,7,9,10,11 = $42

EMD4ME
04-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Last Race AQU 9th:

$50 WIN 1A

$15 EX 11-1
$10 EX 1-11
$30 EX 8-1
$20 EX 1-8
$15 EX 9-1
$10 EX 1-9

BET $150

cj
04-07-2017, 05:54 PM

AQU Race 9

$1 tri 8 // 5 // 1,2,6,7,9,10,11 = $7

$1 tri 8 // 1,2,6,7,9,10,11 = $7

$1 sf 8 // 5 // 1,2,6,7,9,10,11,//1,2,6,7,9,10,11 = $42

Was putting the 5 second in two bets but not third the other a typo?

EMD4ME
04-07-2017, 06:04 PM
Last Race AQU 9th:

$50 WIN 1A

$15 EX 11-1
$10 EX 1-11
$30 EX 8-1
$20 EX 1-8
$15 EX 9-1
$10 EX 1-9

BET $150

Collected $375 on the 8-1 EX. Bet $150 Received $375 PLUS $225

Bet $200 WP on the 6 in RACE 1. (I wonder why the horse's head was caving in towards her chest for the 1st 2 furlongs-she must've dropped her glasses and was looking for them :lol::lol::bang:). Ran 2nd, paid $2.90

MINUS $110 there

Lost $214.50 on all Pick 5's after Hold On Momma lost her glasses....

Total for day, wagered $764.50 Return of $665 LOSS OF $99.50 for day.

New meet bankroll stands at $1,635.37 Positive

Exotic1
04-07-2017, 06:11 PM

What's the approval process like, I have to fill out an application tom'w? Credit Dept open Sat?

ReplayRandall
04-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Live plays for Friday, April 7th on AQU-Main:

AQU-R4- :1: Pegasus Red (NY) 8-1 I Ortiz, Jr. - B N Levine

Scratch--AQU-R7- :5: Romanus (KY) 15-1 J Alvarado - M A Hennig--Scratch

AQU-R8- :2: Jc's Shooting Star (NY) 6-1 I Ortiz, Jr. - D G Donk

AQU-R9- :9: Judgement Free (NY) 7-2 M Franco - T A Pletcher

Results= O'fer

Daily Plays= 3
Daily Winners= 0
Daily Net= -6.00

Total Plays= 29
Total Winners= 3
Strike Rate= 10%
Running Total= -24.50

ReplayRandall
04-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Live plays for Saturday, April 8th on AQU-Main:

AQU-R2- :11: Nigel's Destiny (KY) 8-1 R Maragh - G H Motion

AQU-R3- :7: Moon Over a Beauty (KY) 10-1 L Saez - R A Violette, Jr.

AQU-R4- :2: Siem Riep (KY) 6-1 I Ortiz, Jr. - C Clement

AQU-R6- :1: Miggsy (KY) 5-1 I Ortiz, Jr. - R R Rodriguez

AQU-R7- :8: Royal Ekati (NY) 5-1 P Lopez - B Tagg

AQU-R8- :6: Admiral Blue (MD) 5-1 R Maragh - L J Blusiewicz

AQ-R11- :2: Full House (KY) 10-1 R Maragh - J A Jerkens

AQ-R12- :7: Money Laundering (NY) 15-1 K Carmouche - B N Levine

EMD4ME
04-08-2017, 08:13 AM
WE ARE OFF THE TURF AT AQUEDUCT TODAY (4/8/17)

NorCalGreg
04-08-2017, 10:09 AM
AQUEDUCT 4/8

1ST SEE THIS QUICK 10-1

2ND CONQUEST SANDMAN 7-2

3RD SPEIGHTSTOWN TIME 5-1

7TH RANSOM NOTE 8-1

8TH SEND IT IN 2-1

10TH CLOUD COMPUTING 5-2

11TH MISS SKY WARRIOR 9/5

12TH BROKEN ENGAGEMENT 2-1

book 'em

-NCG

reckless
04-08-2017, 10:53 AM
Some spot plays at Big A today, Before scratches. Good luck to everyone.

race 6 -- 5-6-1-4
race 7 -- 2-10-6-7
race 8 -- 7-2-6-5
race 9 -- 8-9-2-4
race 10 - 2-8-3-7
race 11 - 1-2-8-5
race 12 - 1-4-5-7

BETA
04-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Looking to make a case for #2, May Be a Diamond.... Had a promising early career then sidelined for over a year.... Making second start off 21 day layoff and "so-so" effort last.... Seems to be working well for very sharp barn and I'm expecting big improvement.... May be too slow (?); but, will make a win bet and backwheel in exacta with 3-4-6 on top.

johnhannibalsmith
04-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Loving the fact that we're getting some fresh insight here.

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2017, 03:54 PM
Finally found a race I like at AQU:

AQU Race #7:

:5: 9/5
:2: 2/1
:3: 11/1

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2017, 04:05 PM
Finally found a race I like at AQU:

AQU Race #7:

:5: 9/5