PDA

View Full Version : The Real Agenda behind the "Tolerance" Advocates

boxcar
02-13-2002, 10:49 PM
Tonight Bill O'Reilly of The Factor dealt with a "tolerance" issue. This is one of my favorite topics, and I've written some about it previously.

The specific topic on the show dealt with non-teachers indoctrinating (they would call it "teaching") young grade school kids in hundreds of schools out in California in the tolerance of homosexual behavior. The reason, of course, is because some homosexuals have been subject to name calling and physical abuse. The Left uses these kinds of incidents as a pretext for teaching (read indoctrinating or brainwashing) its tolerance philosophy.

O'Reilly had both sides of the issue represented in that segment by lawyers. One represented the school districts; and the other represented the parents who were suing the districts because they did not bother to seek parental permission before the classes had begun.

While O'Reilly is okay on some things, I find him to be quite the ligtweight on other matters, most especially those that are "politically correctness-sensitive". So, I took the liberty to drop him a line, knowing that my letter would never get aired, anyway. (For one thing, it wasn't "pithy" enough.)

One item I would like to briefly touch upon, that I did not make mention of in my letter (a copy of which is below). Very briefly -- when the state tries to establish itself as the final authority over any relgious person's conscience by trying to modify that person's deeply held religious convictions, and mold them into the state's secular belief system, that action constitutes nothing less than an aggregious violation of that person's constitutional right to the free _exercise_ of his or her religion.

In short, two wrongs don't make a right. The state cannot attempt to right a violation of one group's rights at the expense of the constituional rights of other groups. That simple.

Below is the copy of the letter I sent to O'Reilly. You will find the "punch line" in my last paragraph.

Boxcar

------------------------

Bill, it seems to me you haven't a clue about what the Left's agenda is in their continual bombardment with and indoctrination in homosexuality to our innnocent youth, and even to adults by getting "gay rights" legislation passed. Perhaps you'll let me clarify the Left's real agenda.

One should not "name call", "abuse" or hurt anyone in any manner on the basis of his or her sexual orientation out of basic and fundmamental _respect_ for that person's human dignity. This reason alone is sufficient to constrain unseemly or abusive behavior toward anyone with whom we have legitimate disagreements.

However, when the Left says that we must "tolerate" or even "accept" any kind of conduct which we believe (perhaps due to our deeply held religious beliefs)is morally objectionable or even rephreshensible, and we balk at that, we are branded as bigots! (The Preachers of Tolerance should not be taking up stones here, should they?)

Perhaps a real-life analogy will drive the point home to you. The state makes laws and enforces them. When someone breaks a criminal law, does anyone try to enjoin the state to "tolerate" or "accept" that criminal behavior out of concern for the charged person's rights? Of course not! The state _respects_ the rights of even its law-breakers out of a fundamental regard for their human dignity, while simultaneously and categorically rejecting and even condemning their criminal behavior.

So, then, why is the state trying to force many of its citizens to accept or tolerate behavior that we find morally objectionable? The last time I checked, sexual conduct, in the bible, is still a moral issue. What gives the state the right to become the lord of my conscience, or of anyone else's for that matter, by trying to dictate to us what we must tolerate or accept -- at the terrible risk of being branded "bigots", if we dont?

In totolitarian states, the goverment not only seeks to control behavior, but it seeks to control attitudes and thought processes, as well. Think about it.

Lefty
02-14-2002, 12:56 PM
Great letter, Boxcar. I can't add a thing to it. I hope Bill at least read it.

Tom
02-14-2002, 11:12 PM
Boxcar,
I will vote for you if you run for something! :eek:

Tom

boxcar
02-15-2002, 01:04 AM
Thanks, guys, for you generous remarks.

Tom, I'd run for dog catcher, but I think I've lost a step or so the last few years. I just don't know how many strays I'd be able to cach. :)

I guess what motivated me the most to write that letter were the insipid airs of moral superiority
expressed by the lawyer representing the school districts. One of the first things out of his mouth, in his anemic attempt at defending the classes, was that the aim was to squash "bigotry".

See, those on the Left always think that they're morally superior to anyone who holds to a contrary view. It's the Left's way or the highway. But it's they who are not only intellectually bankrupt, but the hyprocrites are as morally deficient as well!

The _only_ recourse -- the very last line of defense -- the Left has when it meets up with intellectually sound rebuttals is to wield the weapon of Ridicule or Degradation. This is when they start with the name calling, e.g. bigots, homophobes, etc.

A couple of weeks ago I watched a debate between Alan Keyes and Alan Dershowitz -- the Harvard law professor, and "champion" of civil rights. The topic of the debate was the Role of Religion in Modern Society. After about 30 minutes or so into the debate, I literally lost count of all the sophisms the Prof employed in his argumentations. One specious argument after another is all the professor could offer.

As the debate progressed, it became very clear who was coming out on top. This so frustrated Dershowitz toward the end that he couldn't resist the temptation to wield his weapon of Character Assasination. He told Keyes that he would defend everyone's right to free speech -- even those who, like Keyes, wished to have a forum in which to express their "bigotry".

How terribly elusive that Virtue of Tolerance is to those on the Left. It seems the only thing they can truly tolerate is the cacophony of their own prattle!

Boxcar

BIG HIT
02-17-2002, 07:17 AM
Hi guys when i was seventeen me and a couple other guys were going to mug some of the gay's that hung out in the park.To our surprize he turn out to be a cop.Under cover they also arrested a gay guy.That went on my recored as it should have i was going to break the law.Would be dropped when turn eight teen.So when looking for a job they would or could check my police record and know.Till 18 then i would be clean.The gay they said it would not be given to the public if he was looking for a job.Iknow life is not fair but seem to me if we both broke the law we should both have had it on public recored.But the city or state or both seem to protect them and help hide thier breaking the law.As for thier rights they they do have a right to be gay as i have a right not to be but if i have sex in public it will go on public recored and so should thier's.I was a young punk and deserved what i got.He was a growen man.Even when i was young punk never took a gril or made love to her in a public rest room.Let alone fell in love with one thier.