PDA

View Full Version : Now what?

RacingFan1992
03-25-2017, 01:15 PM
Arrogate ran and won in the Travers, Breeders Cup Classic, Pegasus Cup, and Dubai World Cup and is the richest racehorse in North America. So what's left other than the breeding shed? They could always run him in allowance company just for sport. Haha just kidding. I'm mean seriously, what is there left?

Racetrack Playa
03-25-2017, 01:18 PM
Lots and Lots of Mares and Money

Lemon Drop Husker
03-25-2017, 01:19 PM
The plan is they will run him in 2017 with all intentions of defending his BC Classic.

I think we may only see him once till that race. Twice at best.

When he gets back home Baffert and the connections will draw out a plan, but I'm sure it is a very lightly raced plan.

BC is in Del Mar. Pacific Classic makes some kind of sense to me right now.

Rex Phinney
03-25-2017, 01:26 PM
Baffert has won the last 2 BC Classics coming off a layoff similar to what the Pacific Classic would offer.

With the addition of the Pegasus the schedule is a little weird, It's March and he has already won two HUGE races. So though it seems odd to say he will only race once more before the classic, I think it's the reality.

ArlJim78
03-25-2017, 01:44 PM
If he runs again would they have a win pool?

FrankieFigs
03-25-2017, 02:11 PM
The plan is they will run him in 2017 with all intentions of defending his BC Classic.

When he gets back home Baffert and the connections will draw out a plan, but I'm sure it is a very lightly raced plan.

I'm with you. Pac Classic, BC Classic. End of story.

Let's enjoy him while we can.

dilanesp
03-25-2017, 02:32 PM

And it will be very problematic to call this horse an all time great if that is true. You will basically be talking about just six races.

rastajenk
03-25-2017, 02:33 PM
Arlington Million. That's my vote and I'm stickin' to it. :headbanger:

MonmouthParkJoe
03-25-2017, 02:33 PM
It would be great to see him in the Whitney and I am sure they might bump the purse to get him there, but the PC at delmar makes more sense.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-25-2017, 02:41 PM
And it will be very problematic to call this horse an all time great if that is true. You will basically be talking about just six races.

How many horses have won the BC Classic and Dubai?

CC isn't one of them. :pound:

Dave Schwartz
03-25-2017, 02:53 PM

Amen!

The world with a super horse in it is just very enjoyable.

And once he showed who he was, ALL of them were GREAT RACES.

How many GREAT RACES did Secretariat have?

ultracapper
03-25-2017, 02:53 PM
Arrogate ran and won in the Travers, Breeders Cup Classic, Pegasus Cup, and Dubai World Cup and is the richest racehorse in North America. So what's left other than the breeding shed? They could always run him in allowance company just for sport. Haha just kidding. I'm mean seriously, what is there left?

Prove it Arrogate. Do it again. Well, obviously not the Travers, but the Pacific Classic would make a nice substitute.

dilanesp
03-25-2017, 03:02 PM
How many horses have won the BC Classic and Dubai?

CC isn't one of them. :pound:

CC had a long career.

My whole point is that if we end up with 6 Arrogate races that matter, it's a Ghostzapper situation-- no doubt this horse is one of the fastest horses anyone has ever seen, but it's not the same thing as having a career.

dilanesp
03-25-2017, 03:04 PM
Amen!

The world with a super horse in it is just very enjoyable.

And once he showed who he was, ALL of them were GREAT RACES.

How many GREAT RACES did Secretariat have?

The Hopeful, Derby, Preakness, Belmont, Marlboro, Man O' War, and Canadian International. Seven. But he also had a bunch of other wins. That's important too.

gabe
03-25-2017, 03:20 PM
If he runs in the PC I will be there live. Will have to witness that in person.

SG4
03-26-2017, 01:26 PM
I cannot stand when horses are retired because their connections state "they have nothing left to prove," but far as dirt racing goes I might have to concur on that one for Arrogate. So, when can we start beating the drum for the Arc or Japan Cup then? I know I am absolutely dreaming here, but if this horse never gets tired, those are the top 12 furlong tests around the world & for an international organization like Juddmonte, it would be quite the sporting move, not to mention the potential for breeders around the world to crave this horse if he can show turf prowess.

rastajenk
03-26-2017, 01:44 PM
That's why I suggested the Arlington Million...put a little TurfBuilder on his resume. :ThmbUp: It would be a popular sporting move.

thespaah
03-26-2017, 02:08 PM

it is a shame how the existence of the BC has relegated the classic Fall races for older horses, to mere footnotes.

dilanesp
03-26-2017, 05:19 PM
it is a shame how the existence of the BC has relegated the classic Fall races for older horses, to mere footnotes.

It's not just the classic fall races. It's all big races. The Hollywood Gold Cup and Pacific Classic have been killed. The Suburban has been hurt badly. The Whitney is a nothingburger. Dubai and the BC Classic are the only things that are important.