PDA

View Full Version : Arrogate and CC together on plane

jocko699
03-24-2017, 05:57 PM

VigorsTheGrey
03-24-2017, 09:07 PM
Ok, I give up: Why was CC on the plane...?

MargieRose
03-24-2017, 09:18 PM
Both returning from Gulfstream after the Pegasus. Priceless cargo on THAT plane!!

jocko699
03-24-2017, 09:33 PM
Yep!!!

no breathalyzer
03-24-2017, 09:41 PM
Sweet picture thank you for posting

jocko699
03-24-2017, 09:58 PM
yw, I loved it too!!

VigorsTheGrey
03-24-2017, 11:08 PM
It is amazing that horses don't freak out when taking off and landing...do they get tranquilizers maybe? Probably not huh...?

Fager Fan
03-25-2017, 01:07 AM
It is amazing that horses don't freak out when taking off and landing...do they get tranquilizers maybe? Probably not huh...?

For whatever reason, it doesn't bother them usually. They do have someone aboard carrying tranquilizers and other meds in case there's a problem.

Fox
03-25-2017, 08:01 AM
Ok, I give up: Why was CC on the plane...?

I think he was in charge of holding Arrogate's jock strap.

onefast99
03-25-2017, 09:39 AM
In 2006 two horses were injured when the plane they were on had a hard landing at LAX, both were stakes horses shipped from the barn of Kelly Breen at Monmouth. Both recovered fine but accidents with horses do happen on these flights.

MargieRose
03-25-2017, 11:21 AM
I think he was in charge of holding Arrogate's jock strap.
CA Chrome DOES NOT deserve this type of comment!!

Fox
03-25-2017, 02:24 PM
CA Chrome DOES NOT deserve this type of comment!!

You're right. CC couldn't hold Arrogate's jock strap. Great pic though.

MargieRose
03-25-2017, 04:22 PM
You're right. CC couldn't hold Arrogate's jock strap. Great pic though.
Strange! :rolleyes:

Murph
03-25-2017, 04:37 PM
CA Chrome DOES NOT deserve this type of comment!!Well maybe he does,kind of, Margie. While CC is above the average runners and we still debate his place, Arrogate has placed his status as one for the ages permanently now. For me this settles the CC debate for his place. He never came close to challenging Arrogate. I will now always regard CC as a useful G1 winner whose career may have been compromised by mismanagement.

FWIW I was never a CC fan.

MargieRose
03-25-2017, 05:33 PM
Well maybe he does,kind of, Margie. While CC is above the average runners and we still debate his place, Arrogate has placed his status as one for the ages permanently now. For me this settles the CC debate for his place. He never came close to challenging Arrogate. I will now always regard CC as a useful G1 winner whose career may have been compromised by mismanagement.

The disparaging (not you) of CA Chrome is not necessary to raise Arrogate to greater heights, as some seem to think and do. This thread is simply about a lovely photo of two exceptional horses. Why the need to take one of them down, here?

BTW, I would say that CC certainly did give Arrogate a strong challenge in the BCC...just a half-length loss with a somewhat criticized ride. If Arrogate races long enough (we should be so lucky), he will be highly challenged, again. The horse is not infallible.

dilanesp
03-25-2017, 05:43 PM
Well maybe he does,kind of, Margie. While CC is above the average runners and we still debate his place, Arrogate has placed his status as one for the ages permanently now. For me this settles the CC debate for his place. He never came close to challenging Arrogate. I will now always regard CC as a useful G1 winner whose career may have been compromised by mismanagement.

This is going to look like a really dumb comment if Arrogate wins out and the only horse to be in the photo with him (and many lengths clear of the third horse) was Chrome in the BC Classic.

Fox
03-25-2017, 06:14 PM
The disparaging (not you) of CA Chrome is not necessary to raise Arrogate to greater heights, as some seem to think and do. This thread is simply about a lovely photo of two exceptional horses. Why the need to take one of them down, here?

BTW, I would say that CC certainly did give Arrogate a strong challenge in the BCC...just a half-length loss with a somewhat criticized ride. If Arrogate races long enough (we should be so lucky), he will be highly challenged, again. The horse is not infallible.

Relax. The post was tongue in cheek. Plus I said at first he was holding his jock strap so it was a reverse play on the common sports expression and was not actually derogatory. No doubt CC is a great horse and it's a great shot of them next to each other.

Murph
03-26-2017, 12:45 AM

BTW, I would say that CC certainly did give Arrogate a strong challenge in the BCC...just a half-length loss with a somewhat criticized ride. If Arrogate races long enough (we should be so lucky), he will be highly challenged, again. The horse is not infallible.No intention to disparage at all. My apologies of course. Nice pic for sure. As for California Chrome, that horse is really something.

MargieRose
03-26-2017, 09:22 PM
Fox and Murph...:ThmbUp: