03-23-2017, 02:46 PM
Win bets?

Supers?

EasyGoer89
03-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Dime supers. ;)

thaskalos
03-23-2017, 02:52 PM
Mine used to be the superfecta...but the 6-horse fields that dominate the race cards have changed things for me. I now prefer the exacta.

ultracapper
03-23-2017, 03:20 PM
A winning one.

Mr. Pick 5
03-23-2017, 03:34 PM
Take a guess what my favorite wager is :lol:

Wickel
03-23-2017, 03:37 PM
You can't beat the goold 'ol exacta.

HalvOnHorseracing
03-23-2017, 03:38 PM
Win bets and exactas.

Mailman
03-23-2017, 03:58 PM
I dont bet many days anymore, But pic3,4, when i do.

Inner Dirt
03-23-2017, 04:45 PM
Pick 3

Vince Stone
03-23-2017, 05:19 PM
I like heavy exacta's and multi race wagers. I find it too tough to figure out who is going to run for 3rd and 4th. Most of the times I can make a case for anyone running in those positions. Anyone else feel like that ever? If you are a super player how do you throw out horses from hitting 3rd and 4th?

Cice
03-23-2017, 05:25 PM
Win, DDs, P3s P4s, P5s

Easy to pick a winner than who will run 2nd and 3rd, but if it is obvious, i will bet an exacta.

JayTris07
03-23-2017, 06:53 PM
Pick 5

Pick 4

Exacta

Trifecta

Nitro
03-23-2017, 08:03 PM
Win Dutching and the Verticals, but only when the odds Value of the selected entries is there. I pass as many races as I play.

Tape Reader
03-23-2017, 09:38 PM
As a tote board reader I can only bet vertically. My only bet is a TRI 4 horse box. It has served me well.

no breathalyzer
03-23-2017, 09:45 PM
win
win/place
exacta
double
win/place/show
tri
super
pick 3
pick 4
I like to see and look at what i'm betting before i place serious bets.. can't see ''medicine circles'' 2 races in advance

no breathalyzer
03-23-2017, 09:49 PM
win
win/place
exacta
double
win/place/show
tri
super
pick 3
pick 4
I like to see and look at what i'm betting before i place serious bets.. can't see ''medicine circles'' 2 races in advance

*play only when i have stable mail

VigorsTheGrey
03-23-2017, 10:08 PM
What also would be interesting would be HOW the wager of P3, P4, P5 is spread out cost effectively....or for maximum leverage or crush factor...these are secrets that are hard to pry out for obvious reasons....

....some have suggested the wager should be structured such that single be identified and then spread races filled-in to the sequence...I'm sure there are several strategies...among them betting against heavy favorites...there must be some sort of "portfolio" of picks that serve to dutch or hedge the primary bet sequence, such that a larger amount is place on "x" sequences over "y" and "z" sequences...

Robert Fischer
03-24-2017, 12:39 PM
What also would be interesting would be HOW the wager of P3, P4, P5 is spread out cost effectively....or for maximum leverage or crush factor...these are secrets that are hard to pry out for obvious reasons....

....some have suggested the wager should be structured such that single be identified and then spread races filled-in to the sequence...I'm sure there are several strategies...among them betting against heavy favorites...there must be some sort of "portfolio" of picks that serve to dutch or hedge the primary bet sequence, such that a larger amount is place on "x" sequences over "y" and "z" sequences...

I like the basic idea of the ABC ticket structure made popular by Steve Crist.

personal opinions=
PK-3:
On an average card, I'm getting to the point where I need at least two races with strong opinions, that the public is wrong, for a Pick-3. These tickets need to be especially value oriented. I try to avoid any sequences where I like a heavy chalk in any of the 3 races. - If I do include a heavy chalk as an 'A Horse' in a sequence from an everyday average card, that chalk has pretty much got to be a lone-A single, or should there be say a longshot lone E wire-to-wire threat that has to be used the chalk should be made an 'A+'(a horse emphasized as a single on some extra tickets(even if you relegate the long-shot to 'B' status), in order to counter the low payout.
And, no, a heavy chalk does not count as one of the two needed 'opinions'.

I try to practice some pick3's every card I play, but if you understand the rules above, you aren't going to find a ton of wagers if you start to be that specific.

With a major stakes race or card, you can afford to build a pick-3 from a single strong non-favorite opinion race, and simply accurate knowledge of the other two races.

ultracapper
03-24-2017, 01:02 PM

In any P3-4-5-6 tickets I ever bet, I must be able to single all but one race, and then I just go all in that one. Obviously, I have to have a lot of confidence in those singles, unless I'm satisfied losing handfuls of these bets before I truly come across a card in which I have all but one of the races figured.

I actually bet a DD and a P3 last weekend. First exotics I've bet at least since the first of the year. I had one of those Casse to Cerin Wilson owned horses that has gotten a bit of discussion in another thread, and then I had Baffert with a big mortal lock in the next race. I believe it was the 3rd, 4th, and 5th either Saturday or Sunday. The Baffert was Lord Simba. I bet * in the 6 horse 3rd, then singled Cerin and Baffert. $3 per. Paid $15 and small change to the 50 cent betters that had it.

MonmouthParkJoe
03-24-2017, 06:15 PM
Pick 5s are my go to. Pick 4s as well. Pick 6 if I have some very strong opinions. Win wagers as well.

I used to be a DD maniac, but with the majority of the tracks I like to play and smaller field sizes, i havent played one in a while.

EMD4ME
03-24-2017, 07:29 PM
Bet what the situation warrants, no matter what the bet type. Leverage any applicable pool (Unless it's a PENN TRI at 31%).