PDA

View Full Version : "How to Work Both Sides of the Street" - by Rep. Nunes (R-CA)

Ocala Mike
03-22-2017, 07:02 PM
He's supposed to be honchoing an impartial investigation into the Trump campaign as chairman, no less, of the House Intelligence Committee, meanwhile he's nothing more than a Trump lapdog.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/schiff-nunes-trump-surveillance-236381

Fager Fan
03-22-2017, 07:04 PM
Why does this qualify him as a lapdog? It seemed to me that he didn't like Comey's testimony so was letting the people know that we're not getting the full truth from the FBI.

Ocala Mike
03-22-2017, 09:00 PM
Running to the WH with information before divulging it to the committee is dodgy, don't you think? He's supposed to be investigating the WH, i.e., as in oversight/balance of powers, not providing them cover like a snitch.

Fager Fan
03-22-2017, 09:04 PM
Running to the WH with information before divulging it to the committee is dodgy, don't you think? He's supposed to be investigating the WH, i.e., as in oversight/balance of powers, not providing them cover like a snitch.

He'd already divulged it to a number of people who I assume was the correct chain.

Tom
03-22-2017, 10:00 PM

The information is out there now,, so what is the problem?
I mean, it's not like he delivered debate questions to one side to affect an election.

tucker6
03-22-2017, 10:04 PM
The information is out there now,, so what is the problem?
I mean, it's not like he delivered debate questions to one side to affect an election.

No, that would make him a democrat.

NJ Stinks
03-22-2017, 10:44 PM
If you guys can't see how this is much worse than leaking debate questions, it's no wonder why we don't agree on much of anything anymore.

CincyHorseplayer
03-22-2017, 10:54 PM
Schiff, the guy with the kaleidoscope hatred eyes? Right!

The Dem line has been part National Enquirer, part X Files, total delusion. Watching Comey testify I thought it was complete hilarity. Talk about 1 investigation but not the other. Say there has been an investigation going on but no surveillance. What are they using psychics, Ouija boards, and smoke signal interpreters to investigate?! After airing all their conspiracy theories to get them on the record, they are surprised this guy is giving the president a heads up? Delete this post if necessary PA but I think a "**** You" is in order.

Fager Fan
03-22-2017, 10:55 PM
If you guys can't see how this is much worse than leaking debate questions, it's no wonder why we don't agree on much of anything anymore.

Why? I think it's fantastic that someone is willing to stand up to the FBI and other politicians by saying, yes, there is evidence that what Trump said was true, and it needs to be investigated. What exactly is wrong with that?

If this means he has to be pulled from the investigative team, that's fine, but who are we supposed to trust? It looks like we can't trust the FBI. We've known for a long time we can't trust many politicians, and it's politicians who are in this investigative team. When a politician finally stands up, that's the man I do trust. I never had any thoughts one way or another about Nunes, except that he's from CA so he's probably a nut. He said to hell with politics as usual and took a stand. I like that a whole lot.

NJ Stinks
03-22-2017, 11:10 PM
Why? I think it's fantastic that someone is willing to stand up to the FBI and other politicians by saying, yes, there is evidence that what Trump said was true, and it needs to be investigated. What exactly is wrong with that?

If this means he has to be pulled from the investigative team, that's fine, but who are we supposed to trust? It looks like we can't trust the FBI. We've known for a long time we can't trust many politicians, and it's politicians who are in this investigative team. When a politician finally stands up, that's the man I do trust. I never had any thoughts one way or another about Nunes, except that he's from CA so he's probably a nut. He said to hell with politics as usual and took a stand. I like that a whole lot.

Are you telling me the only people you and I can trust in Washington are Donny Boy and his minions? Really? I have a natural inclination to doubt whatever I hear from a real estate agent trying to sell me something.

davew
03-23-2017, 02:23 AM
Are they also going to investigate Podesta's ties with Russia as well?

That would be similar to disqualifying the winner of a race for a positive drug test, awarding the prize to the 2nd place, but not having tested that 2ns place runner....

OntheRail
03-23-2017, 10:12 AM
Are you telling me the only people you and I can trust in Washington are Donny Boy and his minions? Really? I have a natural inclination to doubt whatever I hear from a real estate agent trying to sell me something.

No but you'll trust any and all unfounded allegations coming out of Left field.... :rolleyes:

whodoyoulike
03-23-2017, 09:17 PM
Nunes should be censured for the remaining length of his term.

IMO, he violated the trust of his position to the American people and his colleagues in Congress and especially to his special committee and should be removed from it.

Fager Fan
03-23-2017, 09:42 PM
:9:Nunes should be censured for the remaining length of his term.

IMO, he violated the trust of his position to the American people and his colleagues in Congress and especially to his special committee and should be removed from it.

Again, why? If the FBI and others are playing politics and not giving them or the American people the truth, how can you be mad at the guy who stands up to them? How can you be mad at the guy who tries to bring us the truth?

You'd rather be lied to?

JustRalph
03-23-2017, 09:53 PM

Bullshit. Come on? The entire government is eaten up with spies against Trump. The info he gave Trump has nothing to do with Russia. Who would he complain to? The FBI that three days earlier lied to the committee? Nope. He went straight to Trump. Who btw, can view any information he wants. In fact, thanks to the Democrats going after Cheney the Prez can declassify any info he wants and publish it. So Nunes takes a page right out of the Trump handbook and bypasses his rotten committee and the Obama lackeys lurking in every dark hallway of government, and goes straight to the public. Amen! Way to go!

I hope he has the goods. The Dems have been screaming for investigations. They just might get one whale of an investigation.

Btw, Trump said about ten days ago "I think you'll be surprised about what comes out over the next two weeks" hint, hint.....

NJ Stinks
03-23-2017, 11:26 PM
Bullshit. Come on? The entire government is eaten up with spies against Trump. The info he gave Trump has nothing to do with Russia. Who would he complain to? The FBI that three days earlier lied to the committee? Nope. He went straight to Trump. Who btw, can view any information he wants. In fact, thanks to the Democrats going after Cheney the Prez can declassify any info he wants and publish it. So Nunes takes a page right out of the Trump handbook and bypasses his rotten committee and the Obama lackeys lurking in every dark hallway of government, and goes straight to the public. Amen! Way to go!

I hope he has the goods. The Dems have been screaming for investigations. They just might get one whale of an investigation.

Btw, Trump said about ten days ago "I think you'll be surprised about what comes out over the next two weeks" hint, hint.....

POLITICS | Thu Mar 23, 2017 | 7:52pm EDT

Republican Nunes apologizes over handling of Trump surveillance claim

By Patricia Zengerle | WASHINGTON

The Republican head of the U.S. House of Representatives Intelligence Committee apologized on Thursday for the way he handled sensitive allegations about U.S. spy agency surveillance of President Donald Trump's team.

Representative Devin Nunes was criticized by colleagues on Wednesday for calling a news conference to announce that the communications of members of the team that ran Trump's transition to the presidency were swept up in incidental surveillance targeting foreigners.

Democrats were upset that Nunes made the comments to the media and then briefed Trump in the White House without informing them. They questioned whether the intelligence panel could run a credible investigation.

A Republican intelligence committee aide said on Thursday that Nunes had apologized to Democrats on the panel.

"Yes, he apologized to the minority on the committee today for going public and to the (White House) with his announcement yesterday before sharing the information with the minority. He pledged to work with them on this issue and share information with them about it," the aide told Reuters.

Much more of this "Bullshit" at the link below:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-surveillance-idUSKBN16U2FE

whodoyoulike
03-23-2017, 11:59 PM
:9:

Again, why? ...

Bullshit. Come on? ...

As I stated .....

Which part wasn't clear?

And, he needs to be censured because he's demonstrated he can't be trusted with sensitive information.

DSB
03-24-2017, 06:17 AM
What's incredible is how the Dems behave once the truth about something is exposed.

They act like the only way it can come out is if something immoral or illegal has taken place.

"My god, the truth is now known! We must have an investigation and prosecute the violators to the fullest extent of the law!"

davew
03-24-2017, 06:47 AM

If someone is in charge of finding out if laws were broken and ALSO finds laws were broken to give them the 'evidence', should they not worry about the initial laws broken.

Person A breaks law that suggest person B broke a law. PERSON A IS A HERO because all we demwits hate person B for beating our god.

Fager Fan
03-24-2017, 07:55 AM
As I stated .....

Which part wasn't clear?

And, he needs to be censured because he's demonstrated he can't be trusted with sensitive information.

Again, if those people are acting in politically partisan and more importantly a corrupt manner, why do you dislike the person who stands up to the corruption? He did not release any sensitive information. He said there is evidence that the President told the truth, and since Comey wouldn't tell either Congress or the American people this fact, he did. So what if he "violated the trust of his other congressional members on the committee?" That's going to supposedly happen if someone is the only one willing to break ranks and go public against corruption.

Why the hell is Comey still heading the FBI? I'm not sure that he isn't the leak, so how do we expect him to take himself down? We already know he's too weak to take down Hillary despite reams of evidence and obvious lies.

chadk66
03-24-2017, 08:08 AM
The FBI not telling us the truth or the whole story? :lol: Who comes up with such stories

JustRalph
03-24-2017, 08:47 AM
So what? He apologized. After he got what he wanted. It's how things work today.

It's the old axiom. I've lived by it forever. " I would rather ask for forgiveness, rather than permission"

Acting on your own forwards your cause. Asking for forgiveness is an attempt to maintain your forward progress. It rarely sets you back.

In this case Nunes got exactly what he wanted. In spectacular fashion, by using the press. It's Trumpesque. It's effective. Get it?

DSB
03-24-2017, 08:54 AM
If Nunes had divulged this info to the Dems, they would have run to the MSM, sat down with them and forged their own narrative, and obfuscated the truth.

Springing it by surprise negated that.

He got the job done, niceties be damned. :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
03-24-2017, 09:55 AM
If Nunes had divulged this info to the Dems, they would have run to the MSM, sat down with them and forged their own narrative, and obfuscated the truth.

Springing it by surprise negated that.

He got the job done, niceties be damned. :ThmbUp:

Exactly right! Well said 👍

davew
03-24-2017, 02:00 PM

Is this any worse than an ex-president stopping and boarding the attorney generals airplane while your wife is running for president and should be under investigation for treason and mishandling of classified documents?

If you would put them on a scale, where would they be?

whodoyoulike
03-24-2017, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike View Post

IMO, he violated the trust of his position to:1: the American people and :2:his colleagues in Congress and:3: especially to his special committee and should be removed from it.

If someone is in charge of finding out if laws were broken and ALSO finds laws were broken to give them the 'evidence', should they not worry about the initial laws broken.

Person A breaks law that suggest person B broke a law. PERSON A IS A HERO because all we demwits hate person B for beating our god.

This is how I'm looking at it:

:1: The American people expected the House Intelligence Committee to just do their job and inform us of the TRUTH regarding what happened.

He violated that trust. Nunes' actions now raises doubt for anything which will be presented because a lot of people will be wondering what information has he destroyed since no one else can verify it because he didn't share anything with anyone.

People have now come out and spoken of his INTEGRITY but he's now shown he lacks Ethics and his actions shows he has no INTEGRITY. Think about this, he's the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. I see some irony in his position and now it seems like it's really an oxymoron.

:2: He violated the trust of his colleagues because I'm certain they expected him to do the right thing in this position. I'm also guessing he was appointed to his position by Paul Ryan who should also receive some flak for his poor judgement in his selection.

:3: He violated the trust of the individuals on this Intelligence Committee by not sharing and discussing how to present it to the public.

Why even have a committee?

He should be censured and stripped of his responsibilities because he can't be entrusted with CONFIDENTIAL information. He acted like a little school girl gossiping as soon as she gets new information about somthing.

And, remember he's making decisions affecting the United States.

In fact, he shouldn't be allowed to utilize the House dining room(s) or any House restrooms. Let him use the ones across the street.

reckless
03-24-2017, 02:50 PM

You guys better pray that all this gets swept under the carpet -- and real fast too.

The Democrats and Obama are on the wrong side of this story, I assure you. And their friends in the left wing media can't help them when, or if, the shat hits the fan.

davew
03-24-2017, 03:35 PM
This is how I'm looking at it:

:1: The American people expected the House Intelligence Committee to just do their job and inform us of the TRUTH regarding what happened.

He violated that trust. Nunes' actions now raises doubt for anything which will be presented because a lot of people will be wondering what information has he destroyed since no one else can verify it because he didn't share anything with anyone.

People have now come out and spoken of his INTEGRITY but he's now shown he lacks Ethics and his actions shows he has no INTEGRITY. Think about this, he's the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. I see some irony in his position and now it seems like it's really an oxymoron.

:2: He violated the trust of his colleagues because I'm certain they expected him to do the right thing in this position. I'm also guessing he was appointed to his position by Paul Ryan who should also receive some flak for his poor judgement in his selection.

:3: He violated the trust of the individuals on this Intelligence Committee by not sharing and discussing how to present it to the public.

Why even have a committee?

He should be censured and stripped of his responsibilities because he can't be entrusted with CONFIDENTIAL information. He acted like a little school girl gossiping as soon as she gets new information about somthing.

And, remember he's making decisions affecting the United States.

In fact, he shouldn't be allowed to utilize the House dining room(s) or any House restrooms. Let him use the ones across the street.

What if his information showed the FBI man Comey or NSA man Rogers lied to committee about unmasking or other questions?

What good is 'confidential information' if that congressional committee can't even hear it?

Fager Fan
03-24-2017, 03:52 PM
He made me TRUST him by doing what he did. The opposite of what you're saying. I'm guessing your partisan bias makes you want to find fault with it.

whodoyoulike
03-24-2017, 05:35 PM
:1: What if his information showed the FBI man Comey or NSA man Rogers lied to committee about unmasking or other questions?

:2:What good is 'confidential information' if that congressional committee can't even hear it?

:1: I think we all want to hear the truth and if they lied then we'll all know.

:2: I don't understand this question. He had the opportunity to present the confidential information and discuss it in committee meetings but instead he acted like a little school girl and treated it as some gossip.

whodoyoulike
03-24-2017, 05:42 PM
He made me TRUST him by doing what he did. The opposite of what you're saying. I'm guessing your partisan bias makes you want to find fault with it.

You really need to reread some of your political posts because you are the one who writes with partisan biases and when you're proven or shown it isn't true, you seem to just make things up.

Fager Fan
03-24-2017, 06:02 PM
You really need to reread some of your political posts because you are the one who writes with partisan biases and when you're proven or shown it isn't true, you seem to just make things up.

Can you show me an example of someone proving I'm wrong so then I made something up?

whodoyoulike
03-27-2017, 10:41 PM
So what? He apologized. After he got what he wanted. It's how things work today.

It's the old axiom. I've lived by it forever. " I would rather ask for forgiveness, rather than permission"

Acting on your own forwards your cause. Asking for forgiveness is an attempt to maintain your forward progress. It rarely sets you back.

In this case Nunes got exactly what he wanted. In spectacular fashion, by using the press. It's Trumpesque. It's effective. Get it?

Given all of the "follow up news" which has come out since the original breaking news, I have a question for you. I've read that you were previously part of law enforcement.

The question I'd like to ask is, whether Nunes obstructed the justice process and if he did what is the criminal penalty for doing it?

And, this a Federal matter.

EasyGoer89
03-28-2017, 04:48 AM
Even if he's a Trump lapdog, the Hillary/Barack side has him beat 10 to 1

OntheRail
03-28-2017, 12:12 PM
As I stated .....

Which part wasn't clear?

He stood tall and said look here... see. The information was not Top Secret that he shared. DEM-OP'S have been leaking same for months with their twist put in it.

Maybe he should of did it like a Demorat and leaked it to Fox news. And be known as Unnamed Source. But no He stood tall.

davew
03-28-2017, 12:57 PM
I guess I do not even know what the committee is supposed to be doing. I thought it was the House Intelligence Committee and they are investigating the possible Russian influence to the election.

What if he finds the leaders of the intelligence organizations are all liars?

The democrats seem to think they are supposed to be finding how Russia helped Trump win.

classhandicapper
03-28-2017, 02:07 PM

Any conversations between Russians and Trump that were gathered by accident (lmao), were supposed to redacted. Not only were they not redacted, they were illegally distributed and then leaked to press.

whodoyoulike
03-28-2017, 02:20 PM
I guess I do not even know what the committee is supposed to be doing. I thought it was the House Intelligence Committee and they are investigating the possible Russian influence to the election.

What if he finds the leaders of the intelligence organizations are all liars?

The democrats seem to think they are supposed to be finding how Russia helped Trump win.

I thought this committee was to determine if there was any Russian interference with the prior election and how they did it and the US parties involved. Your insertion of democrats in your last statement indicates to me that you're biased.

Do you want the TRUTH because I don't think you can handle the truth?

OntheRail
03-28-2017, 03:08 PM
I thought this committee was to determine if there was any Russian interference with the prior election and how they did it and the US parties involved. Your insertion of democrats in your last statement indicates to me that you're biased.

All the evidence has shown not collusion between Trump campaign and Russia. No voter interference by the Russians. It seems like the Snowflake have a outline and are trying their damnedest to fill in that outline and project something that is not there at all cost.

They want all rational folks to recuse... step down and back away... leaving butt sore whack jobs to spread their manure wide and deep.

The Truth... Hillary and Democrats Lost... they can't handle it. In thier little minds the only way that could of happen... it must of been the Russians. :pound:

whodoyoulike
03-28-2017, 04:15 PM
:1:All the evidence has shown not collusion between Trump campaign and Russia. No voter interference by the Russians. It seems like the Snowflake have a outline and are trying their damnedest to fill in that outline and project something that is not there at all cost.

:2:They want all rational folks to recuse... step down and back away... leaving butt sore whack jobs to spread their manure wide and deep.

:3:The Truth... Hillary and Democrats Lost... they can't handle it. In thier little minds the only way that could of happen... it must of been the Russians. :pound:

:1:What evidence are you referencing?

Nunes himself has admitted that there was never any directed previous administration wiretapping of Trump and associates. But, several were picked up in contact with Russian operatives. I wonder why were picked up.

:2:By rational folks being asked to be recused are you referring to the one who I think has obstructed justice and has possibly ensured we will never find out the TRUTH since he bypassed what he should have done.

:3:See, I always want the truth to come out no matter how it plays out. But, I don't think it ever will now. And, your last statement tells a lot about how you feel about getting to the truth.

woodtoo
03-28-2017, 04:38 PM

Nunes himself has admitted that there was never any directed previous administration wiretapping of Trump and associates. But, several were picked up in contact with Russian operatives. I wonder why were picked up.

:2:By rational folks being asked to be recused are you referring to the one who I think has obstructed justice and has possibly ensured we will never find out the TRUTH since he bypassed what he should have done.

:3:See, I always want the truth to come out no matter how it plays out. But, I don't think it ever will now. And, your last statement tells a lot about how you feel about getting to the truth.

:4: He shot the Sheriff but he did not shoot the Deputy.

Whendoyoulike get it.:lol:

davew
03-28-2017, 04:49 PM

Just going by what the newspapers and evening news is reporting. They are all saying Russians and Trump - but they seem to be a little biased themselves.

Here is a former campaign manager who was given stock after they left the board of directors of the Russian owned business - BUT failed to disclose it.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/report-john-podesta-failed-to-disclose-stocks-from-russian-financed-company/

woodtoo
03-28-2017, 04:56 PM
Just going by what the newspapers and evening news is reporting. They are all saying Russians and Trump - but they seem to be a little biased themselves.

Here is a former campaign manager who was given stock after they left the board of directors of the Russian owned business - BUT failed to disclose it.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/report-john-podesta-failed-to-disclose-stocks-from-russian-financed-company/
But there is something there, not fair.

whodoyoulike
03-28-2017, 05:21 PM

I don't get your thinking process. We are discussing Nunes' actions and you bring up this link.

Not only that but who reads this site besides Woodtoo and you?

Is it credible?

woodtoo
03-28-2017, 05:56 PM
Site is credible.
Nunes did nothing illegal.
Podesta will have to deal with his past.

davew
03-28-2017, 06:23 PM
Site is credible.
Nunes did nothing illegal.
Podesta will have to deal with his past.

NO, that has nothing to do with the Russia investigation - the DIMS have turned it on Nunes. He needs to step down and let someone more unbiased like Adam Schiff run the committee.

By the way, thanks 0bama white house for setting up a meeting with the Russian ambassador - it gives a reason for all the spy organizations to monitor all communications ....

I am not sure what the dims are trying to do, maybe start a revolution and hope they win ????

OntheRail
03-28-2017, 06:34 PM

:1: The lack of it... with respect to Ivan's clutch on the Trump Victory.

:2: Your thoughts on his actions and a buck will get you a cup of joe at Mickie Dee's

:3: No you don't you want your truth as YOU see it. The constant BS from the left is rich... where were they when Obama did his open mic about "How Flexible he can be after the election... pass it on to Puttin ;). Not a friggin' peep for the DemocRats.

But now OH My GAWD Trump put Russian Dressing on his Romanian lettuce... Ruski here Ruski there from the butt sore losers still on that election day bender.

dkithore
03-29-2017, 05:34 AM

I can see this conversation going party line. Nunes does not worry me. It is Comey. He is the ring leader. E.g. I have zero faith in Comey. Why?
Most testimony he has given since last 9 moonths or so has been a step dance to avoid giving clear findings to people. Dubious "Intent of Hilary", "Trust what she says, not what she destroys etc. Weasle at best, clever as a fox. But we hhave fox catcher in Gowdy. Every step of the way Gowdy shows Comey's game of clever legalese to hide and dodge. Alas, congress can not fire him.

whodoyoulike
03-29-2017, 02:06 PM
I can see this conversation going party line. Nunes does not worry me. It is Comey. He is the ring leader. E.g. I have zero faith in Comey. Why?
Most testimony he has given since last 9 moonths or so has been a step dance to avoid giving clear findings to people. Dubious "Intent of Hilary", "Trust what she says, not what she destroys etc. Weasle at best, clever as a fox. But we hhave fox catcher in Gowdy. Every step of the way Gowdy shows Comey's game of clever legalese to hide and dodge. Alas, congress can not fire him.

Everyone should be worried of Nunes. I already stated that his actions constitutes obstruction of justice, IMO. And, despite his position and those in DC who support his actions, he should be prosecuted in a (Federal) court setting.

Comey shouldn't be as open as you want because he or his agency are the investigators.

He (they/FBI) should investigate and if there is wrong doing just gather and present the evidence and help build a case. You may not like him but I think he has been doing his job without being partisan to either political side.

davew
03-29-2017, 05:47 PM
Everyone should be worried of Nunes. I already stated that his actions constitutes obstruction of justice, IMO. And, despite his position and those in DC who support his actions, he should be prosecuted in a (Federal) court setting.

Comey shouldn't be as open as you want because he or his agency are the investigators.

He (they/FBI) should investigate and if there is wrong doing just gather and present the evidence and help build a case. You may not like him but I think he has been doing his job without being partisan to either political side.

Why do you need Congress to oversee the FBI, if you trust their every move? PS the majority of the people in the country agree that Hillary broke national security laws keeping a server in her house - even if she says her department (her) says it was okay.

She should be in jail, not coming out of the woods.