PDA

View Full Version : owners can not identify their horses either

smokinjoe@bp
03-21-2017, 09:24 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/delta-downs-stewards-find-no-intent-deceive-wrong-horse-case/

Mr. Pick 5
03-21-2017, 09:40 PM
And who was the rider the day this occurred.....the one and only Diego Saenz....I'll bet the entire swap was actually his idea.....that guy is up to no good down there...I'm certain

ReplayRandall
03-21-2017, 10:01 PM
And who was the rider the day this occurred.....the one and only Diego Saenz....I'll bet the entire swap was actually his idea.....that guy is up to no good down there...I'm certain
Microchip the horses, just like we do our pets, and no more problems....Tats are obsolete in more ways than you think.

Mr. Pick 5
03-21-2017, 10:04 PM
Microchip the horses, just like we do our pets, and no more problems....Tats are obsolete in more ways than you think.

I agree...and many high level horses are microchipped these days...not sure about the costs and logistics of having them all microchipped but I'm sure if they mandated it the cost would go down....still not sure it's totally feasible but if it was a rule to be allowed to race I'm sure owners would figure out a way to have them microchipped

Fager Fan
03-21-2017, 10:49 PM
Microchips are mandatory, perhaps starting next year?

johnhannibalsmith
03-21-2017, 10:54 PM
I'm guessing that somewhere at some point in the chain there has to be a person involved. Someone checking the chip is the right horse and whatever. Here you have a case where two identifiers, one in the paddock, and one in the test barn both neglected to do (in one case their primary) their job. Good luck solving that problem with chips.

VigorsTheGrey
03-21-2017, 10:56 PM
I wonder how easy it will be to switch out microchips...my vote: keep the lip numbers.

ReplayRandall
03-21-2017, 11:04 PM
I'm guessing that somewhere at some point in the chain there has to be a person involved. Someone checking the chip is the right horse and whatever. Here you have a case where two identifiers, one in the paddock, and one in the test barn both neglected to do (in one case their primary) their job. Good luck solving that problem with chips.
This should be a no-brainer, but after reading your post, and dealing with individuals who are either incompetent or "in on the con", you may have a point. I would think that until that race's horses are scanned and verified, the race cannot go off. The scanner which has that race loaded with the verified info would have to be checked by the Starter before the horses load in the gate.....Just a thought.

Mr. Pick 5
03-21-2017, 11:05 PM
I wonder how easy it will be to switch out microchips...my vote: keep the lip numbers.

It won't....not unless you cut open the horse....very bad idea

VigorsTheGrey
03-22-2017, 12:45 AM
How does the current ID procedure work now...how often, when is the horse checked...?

Cratos
03-22-2017, 12:50 AM
How does the current ID procedure work now...how often, when is the horse checked...?

I am a proponent of embedded chip technology for the identification of racehorses if EMI shielding can somehow be included.

Chip technology comes with serious potential problems of susceptibility.

Misbehavior of this sort is also known as EMI or RFI susceptibility, indicating a tendency towards anomalous equipment behavior when exposed to EMI/RFI.

Many of you who fly on planes have been asked to turnoff electronic devices during take-off and landing and this is because of potential EMI or RFI susceptibility.

EasyGoer89
03-22-2017, 12:51 AM
It's amazing that these 'oops' horses always run off the screen.

Recently, I spent a few extra minutes with an Aqu runner who improved many beyer points because I thought he might have been a ringer, after research, I determined it was the same horse, but I'll tell you I'm always looking at this stuff, trust them as far as you can throw them.

Racetrack Playa
03-22-2017, 01:52 AM
No surprise its the Dirty South right,
while reading the article I saw Paulick's twitter feed .
2/25/17 5th race
@ Sam Houston (home of the no show photo)
the 3rd also worth a watch also same connections D Pish and Phriends
electronic device?
https://twitter.com/raypaulick?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.paulickreport.com%2Fnews% 2Fthe-biz%2Fdelta-downs-stewards-find-no-intent-deceive-wrong-horse-case%2F

2/25/17 r5 r3
https://www.shrp.com/horsemen-info/livereplay-videos

outofthebox
03-22-2017, 05:56 AM
Microchips are mandatory, perhaps starting next year?Last winter we started the chips on all the weanlings here in Louisiana..

Broad Brush
03-22-2017, 07:45 PM

The paddock judge should be checking every horse coming into the
paddock before every race. They should have their lip tattoo number
and also a sheet listing their body markings.

On an unrelated note, when I was a kid I was visiting Spendthrift Farm
and got to see the very good horse Gallant Man.

They called him just "Man" and had taught him a few tricks.

One of his tricks was they told him: "Man, show everybody your tattoo".

Gallant Man flipped his lip inside out and showed everyone his tattoo.

He was such a friendly horse.