PDA

View Full Version : Freebie ROI CALCULATOR

NorCalGreg
03-21-2017, 05:44 PM
Hello All:

Just a quick note to let you know I just put up on the website a brand new calculator. I've looked around forever and could never find a calculator that figures ROI, WIN %, AVG MUTUAL...and kept track of my bankroll.

I'm pleased to say--my programmer Steve went ahead and made exactly that. Very cool, by the way. Best of all--it's free!
Go ahead to my website and help yourself. There's also a free exotic bet calc...and a tip sheet- or top power playsheet for that day, as well. The Colt Cannon Race Prophet is still there too---all free.

If you don't care to take the grand tour of my website--the freebies can be found in the BLOG-FREE SOFTWARE section---Thank you so much for your support!

http://www.pace-view.com/blog-free-horse-racing-software

BTW Programmer and Forum Member Steve Farmer did this gratis

He can be reached at stevanfarmer@yahoo.com

steveb
03-21-2017, 09:50 PM
it needs some repair work, on labelling and math.

average mutuel is not the right way to do it, i don't think, and even if it were the math does not look right.

harmonic mean of the mutuels is far more accurate.

if you have 2 bets of $1 each, one paying $100 and the other paying $2, then you can't say the average mutuel is $51 for each dollar unit.

it should be 1/100 + 1/2 = .01 +.5 : average(.01,.5) = .255 = 1/.255 = 3.92 not 51.

i will leave others to understand why that is the right way to do it.

dividing total amount won(should be total return) by number of bets won, is not telling you anything, because you don't know how big each bet is, thus it is wrong.

NorCalGreg
03-21-2017, 10:37 PM
This was meant to be of help to a regular horseplayer--thanks for your feedback:)

Vinnie
03-22-2017, 09:39 PM
NorCalGreg:

Thank you so much for including the mutuels tool for everyone's general use. That was indeed very cool of you sir.:)

NorCalGreg
03-22-2017, 10:11 PM
You're very welcome--thanks for your support:)

Southbaygent
03-23-2017, 12:22 AM
Nice deal, Greg. Thanks!
Tom