PDA

View Full Version : This week at Santa Anita (3/23-26)

ultracapper
03-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Whether you're participating in the boycott this weekend or not, if you're a SoCal player, you should at least, if you're not betting, keep an eye on the activity. The two things you really need to watch are:

1) 3 horses from the 10th race at Santa Anita on Feb. 19th are running back. This was really an exceptional state-bred MSW from a gambling standpoint. There aren't going to be any stake runners come out of it or anything like that, but the race's impact will be felt at the windows and in the final results for the next 6 to 8 weeks. Just about every runner in that race was ready for a quality effort, and it's double key race designation after only 4 runners have returned is proving that out. The winner came back and ran flat. The 5th, 6th, and 7th place finishers have all won back. Between Thursday and Friday next, 3 more go, and as far as I'm concerned, the horse that ran very best of them all, Hitters Park, returns in Thursday's 3rd. Keep an eye on the 19Feb17 10th at SA in pps until Santa Anita defers to Los Al this spring. I'll probably have a write up in the selections forum Thursday concerning Hitters Park. If the race handicaps out as I think it will, he may be one of the more reliable singles of the entire meet.

2) The $6,250 open claimers are running back from the initial cardings of these races last month. We have some going in the lower N2L claimers, and anybody playing this circuit regularly should keep track of this particular trainer move.

I won't be honoring the boycott, because, even though I understand the issue at hand and feel those calling for a boycott have a point, I'm not sure I'm entirely in agreement with the prevailing proposed solution. I'm not sure what I'd be comfortable with as a solution yet. So I can't get behind it this week.

ultracapper
03-23-2017, 07:15 PM
Whether you're participating in the boycott this weekend or not, if you're a SoCal player, you should at least, if you're not betting, keep an eye on the activity. The two things you really need to watch are:

1) 3 horses from the 10th race at Santa Anita on Feb. 19th are running back. This was really an exceptional state-bred MSW from a gambling standpoint. There aren't going to be any stake runners come out of it or anything like that, but the race's impact will be felt at the windows and in the final results for the next 6 to 8 weeks. Just about every runner in that race was ready for a quality effort, and it's double key race designation after only 4 runners have returned is proving that out. The winner came back and ran flat. The 5th, 6th, and 7th place finishers have all won back. Between Thursday and Friday next, 3 more go, and as far as I'm concerned, the horse that ran very best of them all, Hitters Park, returns in Thursday's 3rd. Keep an eye on the 19Feb17 10th at SA in pps until Santa Anita defers to Los Al this spring. I'll probably have a write up in the selections forum Thursday concerning Hitters Park. If the race handicaps out as I think it will, he may be one of the more reliable singles of the entire meet.

2) The $6,250 open claimers are running back from the initial cardings of these races last month. We have some going in the lower N2L claimers, and anybody playing this circuit regularly should keep track of this particular trainer move.

I won't be honoring the boycott, because, even though I understand the issue at hand and feel those calling for a boycott have a point, I'm not sure I'm entirely in agreement with the prevailing proposed solution. I'm not sure what I'd be comfortable with as a solution yet. So I can't get behind it this week.

I'm not sure if I have ever had money on a horse and fretted so little while the race is being run as I did today. Won by 3 or 4 and after the first 1/8th of a mile there was never a question whether he would win or not.

God, if all 9/5s were like that I'd be filthy rich.

SG4
03-23-2017, 10:39 PM
I'm not sure if I have ever had money on a horse and fretted so little while the race is being run as I did today. Won by 3 or 4 and after the first 1/8th of a mile there was never a question whether he would win or not.

God, if all 9/5s were like that I'd be filthy rich.

Maybe all the sharpies were busy boycotting :D Very nice handicapping on your end here

ultracapper
03-24-2017, 01:54 AM
Maybe all the sharpies were busy boycotting :D Very nice handicapping on your end here

Could you imagine handicapping day after day, week after week, looking for the horse that will pay the bills, and then missing it because you skipped a week of playing because you don't like how they hand out P6 money, a bet you win once every 6 years?:D:D:lol::lol: