PDA

View Full Version : A Politican That You Do Like

Fager Fan
03-20-2017, 12:42 PM
They're few and far between for me, but I like Trey Gowdy. This guy is sharp, and at least comes across as trying to do what's right. Maybe he'll shatter my illusions at some point like most do, but I hope not.

mostpost
03-20-2017, 01:13 PM
They're few and far between for me, but I like Trey Gowdy. This guy is sharp, and at least comes across as trying to do what's right. Maybe he'll shatter my illusions at some point like most do, but I hope not.
I googled Trey Gowdy and this is what came up on Wikipedia.

Trey Gowdy was born on August 22, 1964, in Greenville, South Carolina. He is the son of Novalene (née Evans) and former Death Eater Harold Watson "Hal" Gowdy, Jr, MD.[2][3] He grew up in Spartanburg,[4] where as a young man, he delivered newspapers for the local daily, and worked at the community market.[5] Gowdy attended Hogwarts and was sorted in Slytherin House. He graduated from Spartanburg High School in 1982, earned a B.A. in history from Baylor University in 1986, and earned a J.D. degree from the University of South Carolina in 1989.[5]

Somebody recognized the resemblance between Gowdy and Draco Malfoy, However, Malfoy is of much higher character.

PaceAdvantage
03-20-2017, 01:34 PM
There you go Fantastic Dan...there's another insult of a Republican based on looks...

mostpost
03-20-2017, 02:19 PM
There you go Fantastic Dan...there's another insult of a Republican based on looks...
No, it wasn't. It was an insult based on character.

MargieRose
03-20-2017, 07:48 PM
A few questions for you Mostpost:

I like Trey Gowdy quite a bit, too. What is it about his character that you don't seem like? What flaws do you see? Do you know of some scandal that has sullied his reputation, in some way? What am I missing?

Can you pick one Democrat and one Republican that you DO especially like and why?

davew
03-20-2017, 08:22 PM

I like Trey Gowdy quite a bit, too. What is it about his character that you don't seem like? What flaws do you see? Do you know of some scandal that has sullied his reputation, in some way? What am I missing?

Can you pick one Democrat and one Republican that you DO especially like and why?

Gowdy picks on democrats too much. He try's to baffle them with logic when what he is saying goes against the demwit cause.

Tom
03-20-2017, 09:40 PM
mostie never liked him going back to his days of announcing baseball games.

mostpost
03-20-2017, 10:31 PM

He's a phony. He's arrogant. He thinks he is a genius and everyone else is stupid. I remember one time when he was questioning someone at a hearing-I believe it was James Comey. He began by say in the interest of time, can you give me brief, one sentence answers to my questions. The questions he asked were not designed for one sentence answers. He was just trying to trick Comey into agreeing with him; or at least make it seem like that was the case.

Gowdy seems like the kind of guy would throw his mother out of the life boat so the sharks wouldn't eat him. On the other hand, the sharks would probably spit him out.

I like a lot of Democrats. Current day Republicans, not so many.
Maybe Olympia Snowe.

mostpost
03-20-2017, 10:39 PM
mostie never liked him going back to his days of announcing baseball games.
Curt Gowdy is gathering the Angels and the Archangels and he is going to kick your a$$ for comparing him to Trey Gowdy.

riskman
03-20-2017, 11:36 PM
Mosty aligns himself with Dems that represent the liberal agenda that has not worked for this country for many wasted years. Most of the Dems are so dense they could bend light.
The top ten despicable Dems have a lot of competition for the top spot.Holder,Van Jones,
Warren,Schultz,Jarrrett,Pelosi and many other dismal corrupted snakes. Mitch McConnel a Rep fits right in with this group.A truly embarassing figure who needs to be defeated ASAP.

reckless
03-21-2017, 01:04 AM
He's a phony. He's arrogant. He thinks he is a genius and everyone else is stupid. I remember one time when he was questioning someone at a hearing-I believe it was James Comey. He began by say in the interest of time, can you give me brief, one sentence answers to my questions. The questions he asked were not designed for one sentence answers. He was just trying to trick Comey into agreeing with him; or at least make it seem like that was the case.

Gowdy seems like the kind of guy would throw his mother out of the life boat so the sharks wouldn't eat him. On the other hand, the sharks would probably spit him out.

Maybe Olympia Snowe.

Mosty...mosty.... mosty.... pahhh-leeze...

Here could be the video of Trey Gowdy questioning the phony James Comey.

Trey Gowdy kicked Comey's soft partisan ass this day, proving to the world that he (Comey) is nothing more than a dangerous political hack who was derelect in his duty as the director of the FBI. Comey failed the American people then as he did this afternoon.

Gowdy did ask to keep the answers short but not for the reasons you suggest (to shut him up or trick him).

Enjoy the video mostpost. I am sure you will, but not as much as I did. :lol::lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pgpn0NjpbU

classhandicapper
03-21-2017, 10:04 AM
Rand Paul is growing on me every day.

DSB
03-21-2017, 10:29 AM
There are some that I like:

The Freedom Caucus, generally, plus Mike Lee, Trey Gowdy, Rand Paul, Tom Cotton, and Ted Cruz.

barahona44
03-21-2017, 11:24 AM
There are some that I like:

The Freedom Caucus, generally, plus Mike Lee, Trey Gowdy, Rand Paul, Tom Cotton, and Ted Cruz.

When I see the word "Freedom" or "Liberty" in any political organization's name, the silverware gets counted and the wallet stays in the front pocket.

DSB
03-21-2017, 11:32 AM
When I see the word "Freedom" or "Liberty" in any political organization's name, the silverware gets counted and the wallet stays in the front pocket.
You're entitled to your own opinion.

Btw, do you like any current politicians? Or do you just not like the ones I do?

boxcar
03-21-2017, 11:40 AM

Like a wart? A tumor? :eek:

Inner Dirt
03-21-2017, 11:41 AM

Maybe Olympia Snowe.

You should admire that, you just described yourself.

mostpost
03-21-2017, 12:05 PM
Mosty...mosty.... mosty.... pahhh-leeze...

Here could be the video of Trey Gowdy questioning the phony James Comey.

Trey Gowdy kicked Comey's soft partisan ass this day, proving to the world that he (Comey) is nothing more than a dangerous political hack who was derelect in his duty as the director of the FBI. Comey failed the American people then as he did this afternoon.

Gowdy did ask to keep the answers short but not for the reasons you suggest (to shut him up or trick him).

Enjoy the video mostpost. I am sure you will, but not as much as I did. :lol::lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pgpn0NjpbU
I watched your video, which I have seen before, and I come up with the same opinion I came up with before. Gowdy, uses half truths, questionable facts and inuuendo to try to prove his points.

This video did lead me to several other videos of the "Trey Gowdy is a hero" variety. All of which proved nothing of the sort.

One example was a video titled, "Feminist Professor snaps at Trey Gowdy; instantly regrets it."
The video starts with Gowdy asking the professor the stupid question, "If we defund Planned Parenthood and give the money to a different provider, would you be in favor of that?"

The professor does not snap at Gowdy. Sensibly she asks, "Who would that provider be? My answer would depend on who it would be."

Stupidly, Gowdy just doubles down. "We'll double the funding for whatever other provider there is as long as it's not Planned Parenthood."

The professor, knowing that Gowdy and the Tea Party Republicans will never double the funding-will in fact never fund any women's health organization-answers, Planned Parenthood is already there, doing the work, why not just let them continue to do it?"

No snapping, no backing down, no regret; just standing up to a bully. That leads me to another reason for my dislike for Trey Gowdy. He is a bully.

davew
03-21-2017, 12:10 PM
I watched your video, which I have seen before, and I come up with the same opinion I came up with before. Gowdy, uses half truths, questionable facts and inuuendo to try to prove his points.

This video did lead me to several other videos of the "Trey Gowdy is a hero" variety. All of which proved nothing of the sort.

One example was a video titled, "Feminist Professor snaps at Trey Gowdy; instantly regrets it."
The video starts with Gowdy asking the professor the stupid question, "If we defund Planned Parenthood and give the money to a different provider, would you be in favor of that?"

The professor does not snap at Gowdy. Sensibly she asks, "Who would that provider be? My answer would depend on who it would be."

Stupidly, Gowdy just doubles down. "We'll double the funding for whatever other provider there is as long as it's not Planned Parenthood."

The professor, knowing that Gowdy and the Tea Party Republicans will never double the funding-will in fact never fund any women's health organization-answers, Planned Parenthood is already there, doing the work, why not just let them continue to do it?"

No snapping, no backing down, no regret; just standing up to a bully. That leads me to another reason for my dislike for Trey Gowdy. He is a bully.

that's what I love about dimocrats, they always 'know'

chadk66
03-21-2017, 12:14 PM
If we had a full congress like Gowdy we wouldn't be on here bitchin about government. Chavetz either.

Fager Fan
03-21-2017, 12:39 PM

Your bias skewers the way you look at this. The professor didn't answer the question, and is avoiding Gowdy's point, which is that this professor was going to support Planned Parenthood regardless, and not for the reason of women's health funding. He's not being a bully. He's trying to get this activist to answer the question, which she never did. There was no "stupid" here with Gowdy, or any "bully" here with him. You are extremely radical and just don't like anyone or anything that is deemed non-liberal.

barahona44
03-21-2017, 01:28 PM
You're entitled to your own opinion.

Btw, do you like any current politicians? Or do you just not like the ones I do?

I said ANY political organization. When they wrap themselves in the flag, I get real suspicious. As Sammy Johnson said patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

I can't think of any politician I could stomach for more than an hour or two if had to stay in a room with them.I realize they are needed but then so are trash collectors.

MutuelClerk
03-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to say a corporation you like best? These guys are like NASCAR drivers. They should wear patches. That way we can see who sponsors them. What is it? 535 members of congress, I'm guessing you can't find a handful of original ideas between them.

DSB
03-21-2017, 02:11 PM
I said ANY political organization. When they wrap themselves in the flag, I get real suspicious. As Sammy Johnson said patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

I can't think of any politician I could stomach for more than an hour or two if had to stay in a room with them.I realize they are needed but then so are trash collectors.
Ya know, I thought this thread was "A politician you do like," not "criticize somebody else's response."

Luckily, I don't really care what your opinion of my opinion is.

It would be easier for everyone involved for you to answer it yourself, or just don't comment.

MutuelClerk
03-21-2017, 02:37 PM
Ya know, I thought this thread was "A politician you do like," not "criticize somebody else's response."

Sadly that's what politics has become these days. If you don't agree you're the " other side". Well the other side is still American. People are to wrapped up in their party and not the country. Shouldn't the other side be the actual enemy we fight overseas??

Never mind, I know better than to ask that here. Disregard.

ReplayRandall
03-21-2017, 04:23 PM
Sadly that's what politics has become these days. If you don't agree you're the " other side". Well the other side is still American. People are to wrapped up in their party and not the country. Shouldn't the other side be the actual enemy we fight overseas??

Never mind, I know better than to ask that here. Disregard.
I'm an Independent, so if I had to pick one politician from both sides of the aisle, the two I respect the most for intellectual honesty and integrity, would be Sen. Carl Levin from Michigan and Sen. Richard Lugar from Indiana...

barahona44
03-21-2017, 04:40 PM

Luckily, I don't really care what your opinion of my opinion is.

It would be easier for everyone involved for you to answer it yourself, or just don't comment.

I usually avoid back and forths but:
SENTENCE 1: This thread would have died a quick death if that's the standard.
SENTENCE 2 :I never criticized your opinion I just made a statement about political hypocrisy.I never expect anyone to care about my opinion.Or me theirs.Why so touchy?
SENTENCE 3: Unless you just became a moderator, what I choose to say or do on any thread is not your concern.

If you insist Marco Rubio.Don't know why, just do.And I'll bet Al Franken has some good SNL stories.

DSB
03-21-2017, 05:11 PM
I usually avoid back and forths but:
SENTENCE 1: This thread would have died a quick death if that's the standard.
SENTENCE 2 :I never criticized your opinion I just made a statement about political hypocrisy.I never expect anyone to care about my opinion.Or me theirs.Why so touchy?
SENTENCE 3: Unless you just became a moderator, what I choose to say or do on any thread is not your concern.

If you insist Marco Rubio.Don't know why, just do.And I'll bet Al Franken has some good SNL stories.
There wouldn't have been any "back and forth" but you felt the need to rip some of the guys I listed - you know, in response to the subject of the thread - because they choose to use the term "Freedom" to identify their caucus.

Frankly, I don't care if they call themselves Snow White and the 7 dwarfs. I happen to generally agree with their positions. Freedom or Liberty in their nicknames has nothing to do with it.

Finally, I couldn't care less what you say or do on a thread unless it is directed at me.

If you want to take swipes, be prepared to get swiped in return.

PS: Rubio and Franken. At least you've joined the topic of the thread.

Marshall Bennett
03-21-2017, 05:29 PM
Off the path a little here, but this confirmation hearing is a joke as liberals trying their best to trip up the judge and make him shoot his own foot. Question after question about pending or possible pending cases he obviously won't comment on. Al Franken has to be the biggest idiot in the room. How did this mental midget ever get where he is in politics?

Inner Dirt
03-21-2017, 06:03 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to say a corporation you like best? These guys are like NASCAR drivers. They should wear patches. That way we can see who sponsors them. What is it? 535 members of congress, I'm guessing you can't find a handful of original ideas between them.

Funny post, but politicians are on the take from so many interests the patches would cover the Empire State Building.

fast4522
03-21-2017, 07:48 PM
Off the path a little here, but this confirmation hearing is a joke as liberals trying their best to trip up the judge and make him shoot his own foot. Question after question about pending or possible pending cases he obviously won't comment on. Al Franken has to be the biggest idiot in the room. How did this mental midget ever get where he is in politics?

His election to the Senate was rigged, I know this upsets those to the left but not as much when only 51 votes are needed and the whole shooting match goes between the navigational beacons.

NJ Stinks
03-22-2017, 01:22 AM
This fellow, Charlie Dent, is a Republican U.S. Congressman from the Lehigh Valley in PA. I've seen him on TV a few times and must admit I was happily surprised at his candor and good sense. The interview below took place back in August. I've seen him since then on TV in Philly but this one tells me this guy is nobody's fool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctmwys-2MYY

johnhannibalsmith
03-27-2017, 09:11 PM
I didn't know where else to put it, but these are some classic lines from Arpaio's attorneys:

Mark Goldman, one of Arpaio's attorneys, said it would be prejudicial to use his client's comments during campaigns at his trial and that the remarks "were campaign posturing and not made under oath."

Statements made by politicians during campaigns aren't indicative of what politicians will actually do while in office, Goldman wrote in a court filing.

He characterized campaign speeches as political posturing aimed at winning votes, saying Arpaio made the statements during his political races to bolster his reputation for being tough on illegal immigration.

"It would be naive for anyone to truly believe that any politician will actually do everything he says he will," Goldman wrote.

It's gotten so bad, that statements made while campaigning for elected office should be exempted as prejudicial since they are basically bullshit. :lol:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-phoenix-sheriff-wants-campaign-talk-banned-trial-211322440.html

Clocker
03-27-2017, 09:32 PM
It's gotten so bad, that statements made while campaigning for elected office should be exempted as prejudicial since they are basically bullshit. :lol:

Obama's chief medical adviser, Dr. Zeke Emanuel (Rahm's brother), defended Obama's claim that if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. The full thing, said Zeke, was if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor if you can afford your doctor.

But that last part was the "fine print", and you don't put the fine print in political speeches. He said this of course long after the bill had become law.

kingfin66
03-28-2017, 09:31 PM

Same here, although my favorite republican during the primary process was John Kasich.

Jess Hawsen Arown
03-28-2017, 11:00 PM

Trey Gowdy is in a class by himself. A great American.