PDA

View Full Version : Why is NYRA and DRF screwing paying cutomers?

Tom
03-19-2017, 10:41 AM
I am paying for DRF+, but right smack in the middle of the screen, obstructing my view and use is a GD ad for NYRA BETS - something I have 0 use for and will never have any use for.

You can't get of it....why is NYRA pushing this useless shit on me and why is DRF helping them?

Is NYRA than heard up for bets they have to whore out their betting crap site? And is DRF so hard up for cash they need be the whore?

That screen shot will be remind that I will never bet at NYRA again. Screw them.

EMD4ME
03-19-2017, 10:44 AM
I am paying for DRF+, but right smack in the middle of the screen, obstructing my view and use is a GD ad for NYRA BETS - something I have 0 use for and will never have any use for.

You can't get of it....why is NYRA pushing this useless shit on me and why is DRF helping them?

Is NYRA than heard up for bets they have to whore out their betting crap site? And is DRF so hard up for cash they need be the whore?

That screen shot will be remind that I will never bet at NYRA again. Screw them.

New Cali guy is trying to validate his existence, wants to gain Market Share in 30 new states while ignoring the local diehards that he's never met.

In other words, the usual, enjoy the ads ! :)

Tom
03-19-2017, 11:05 AM
Enjoy my ass.
DRF goes away as soon as the month is over.
I will not pay money to NY Pimps to have my content blocked by ads for garbage.

DRF and NYRA are both dead to me.
I'd rather eat boogers than patronize either of them.:puke:

CincyHorseplayer
03-19-2017, 11:13 AM
I couldn't stand DRF Bets because even the video barely works half the time. Gone..........

johnhannibalsmith
03-19-2017, 11:17 AM
I am venturing into Tom territory when it comes to pure disdain for DRF. I haven't been to their shit website since the last day I was paid to download data there and somehow in the last few months they've cranked up the spam meter to 1000 and now I get no fewer than 25 emails a week about pure shit. I don't go there, don't buy from them, have no use for their products online and can't find them offline - but they still feel the need to abuse my email address which I mistakenly let fall into their hands at some point. The only thing that company gets right is their past performances and frankly, if I need them I'll go through a third party just to avoid DRF at all costs.

Tom
03-19-2017, 11:17 AM
Truth be told, most of the content they advertise for DRF+ is not available. they outright lie about it. DRF is run by saps without integrity or honor.

There is precious little I want from DRF, and I was glad to pay for it.

No more.

rsetup
03-19-2017, 11:50 AM
The angst of the DERIVATIVE handicapper. Ongoing. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
03-19-2017, 12:21 PM
Obviously, that seems to be some sort of error in placement/programming that will probably be corrected once someday gets a whiff of this thread.

Sometimes people make mistakes...I know I have with this website. I'm not sure why it's the end of the world, especially if it is corrected, but I'll leave that up to the individual to decide.

headhawg
03-19-2017, 12:57 PM
I'm not sure why it's the end of the world, especially if it is corrected, but I'll leave that up to the individual to decide.I think it's just a cumulative effect, PA. On the whole, there's not much going well for the horseplayer. And Tom always speaks his mind.

Tom
03-19-2017, 03:27 PM
I have been telling DRF that the headers for the Beyer pars section are missing so you have no idea what group is being shown - for 4 years.

Someday, DRF will hire someone who can read.

Not the end of the world at all - the beginning of a new one on without horse racing. The list of why I bother is getting shorter and shorter. the list of why I should not is growing.

I expect to get what I pay for. What am I, nuts?

Tom
03-19-2017, 03:31 PM
The angst of the DERIVATIVE handicapper. Ongoing. :lol:

The rumblings of the troll, endless.

burnsy
03-20-2017, 08:09 AM
I think it's just a cumulative effect, PA. On the whole, there's not much going well for the horseplayer. And Tom always speaks his mind.

True, but on the other side. This is how you can tell that much is not going well for the industry. They are scratching and clawing for every customer or dime they can get. What do you guys expect............less ads?...........:popcorn::rip: Less pay for play??

rrpic6
03-20-2017, 09:15 AM
True, but on the other side. This is how you can tell that much is not going well for the industry. They are scratching and clawing for every customer or dime they can get. What do you guys expect............less ads?...........:popcorn::rip: Less pay for play??
Raising prices while providing less service is something the Postal Service has tried for years during an endless downward spiral. Now DRF is limiting 6 tracks in each edition of the paper Form, eliminating at least 2 tracks from AM and PM forms on weekends. Plus most forms have 2 of the same tracks in AM and PM. Have to believe they think the pissed off patrons will go to the self-service machines they set up in simulcast areas and pay $4.00 for the missing tracks. Monopoly mentality collapsing soon.

RR

PaceAdvantage
03-20-2017, 11:04 AM
Raising prices while providing less service is something the Postal Service has tried for years during an endless downward spiral. Now DRF is limiting 6 tracks in each edition of the paper Form, eliminating at least 2 tracks from AM and PM forms on weekends. Plus most forms have 2 of the same tracks in AM and PM. Have to believe they think the pissed off patrons will go to the self-service machines they set up in simulcast areas and pay $4.00 for the missing tracks. Monopoly mentality collapsing soon.

RRWhat might those 2 tracks be that appear in both AM & PM?

PaceAdvantage
03-20-2017, 11:05 AM
Is NYRA than heard up for bets they have to whore out their betting crap site? And is DRF so hard up for cash they need be the whore?And what the hell does this mean anyway?

NYRA shouldn't advertise their ADW? Don't blame NYRA because DRF messed up the ad placement.

SG4
03-20-2017, 12:41 PM
I have not been able to access DRF + news for the last few days, firefox says "detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." Other browsers just reload the story & bring me back to the login page. Anyone else having this issue? I like how this started the day after getting a mail from DRF saying "exciting improvements" were coming to the website to make logging in easier (aka, bringing it back to how things were several years ago when there were no issues).

rrpic6
03-20-2017, 06:02 PM
What might those 2 tracks be that appear in both AM & PM?
I don't have both of them in front of me, but believe Aqueduct and Gulfstream. Some days Tampa Bay or Oaklawn not in either. They used to put Mahoning Valley in the PM, but now not in either on Saturdays. One day a few weeks ago Santa Anita not included in either.

Stopped in the OTB at The Red Mile Saturday after a meeeting at Keeneland and Miami Valley (near Dayton) on the way home Sunday, same thing going on there. The AM form from Sunday has Aqueduct, Tampa, Gulfstream, Fonner, Oaklawn and Fair Grounds.

RR

rastajenk
03-20-2017, 06:26 PM
I bought a Form at Miami Valley on Pegasus day, and I was stunned that it didn't have Mahoning. Nine bucks, and it did not include the track in my state. :ThmbDown:

Tom
03-20-2017, 09:11 PM
And what the hell does this mean anyway?

NYRA shouldn't advertise their ADW? Don't blame NYRA because DRF messed up the ad placement.

OMG, I meant to blame Pimlico!