rrbauer
07-28-2004, 02:41 PM
I posted my analysis over at

www.socalturf.com

Click on "Today"

CapperLou
07-28-2004, 06:51 PM
Hey Rich:

Great call and info on this one today & what a price $ 17.00.

See, it is true that the tourists let goodies like this one pay these kinds of mutuels!!!!

I love the way you pick so cal horses--as you know!!! Thanks

much for this bomb!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

lefthandlow
07-28-2004, 07:12 PM
as I read the post he said he liked the 6 dell place and the winner should be put on the Dirt.Did I read this post wrong as I bet the 6 like he said...LL

CapperLou
07-28-2004, 08:01 PM
No, you did not read the post wrong--I did!!!! I stopped after I saw that the clockers loved this horse and overlooked the rest about how well Mitchell is doing!!!

This is called "lady luck" and you have to have it sometimes!! Today was an example of me having it!!

I love it when there is a buzz around the backstretch about a horse in so cal. That's what caught my attention!!

All the best,

CapperLou

lefthandlow
07-28-2004, 08:09 PM
You the Man.I'd rather be lucky than good.I'm
looking at the 7th race can you telll me who you like.I'm not sure
by reading the post I need your help capper..LL

CapperLou
07-28-2004, 08:19 PM
Just so you know, just like Rich--I like the #7 Red Neck Lady in the 8th--I'm looking for 2-1 or better!!! Good Luck lefthand!!

All the best,

CapperLou

rrbauer
07-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Good day.

Had the early P3 a couple times just as a saver. Most of the money was landing on the 5 and 6. Missed my straight bet on
Reatta Pass in the 4th. Missed the 5th which put my P4 in the toilet. But, spreading in the 6th (with a little help from a DQ) and
taking a stand against the fav in the 8th got me the late P3
five times. I am finally up for this meet!

Recap at www.socalturf.com "Today"

CapperLou
07-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Lefthandlow:

I hope you had this HUGE overlay Red Neck Lady at 13.40.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What more could you ask for--a top so cal handicapper rich bauer and so called expert spot player CapperLou touted you onto this one!!! Hope you jumped aboard for a great and profitable ride.

Victor gave one of his best rides in weeks on this one!!! we got lucky!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

rrbauer
07-28-2004, 10:15 PM
lefthandlow wrote:

as I read the post he said he liked the 6 dell place and the winner should be put on the Dirt.Did I read this post wrong as I bet the 6 like he said...LL

If you haven't followed my "analysis" before:

Unless I only mention one horse and/or say that I'm only betting one horse, then you have to view my posts from the perspective that I'm listing contenders. Most of my bets are multiple-race bets; hence, my view of the race is geared towards "who are the contenders". I would've flat tossed out the #2 in Race 3 except that I had strong pushes on the horse from more than one clocker. So, even though I preferred the 5 and 6 from a handicapping perspective, I was willing to risk a few bucks of P3 money to include the #2. As I recall the 6 was pretty short (even money or 4/5?) and I simply do not bet those kind in the straight pools; or, even in a single-race exotic pool unless there is a 25-1 shot that I'm trying to land with it.

All of that and a 3-dollar-bill will get you a Starbucks!

keilan
07-28-2004, 11:12 PM
Without prejudice Mr. Bauer is the most qualified public handicapper of the Southern Cal circuit I have met to date. I spent countless afternoons with him and others in the war-room and learned many of the nuances that are necessary to be a winning player there. When he speaks I listen and he’s an absolute great guy to boot.

lefthandlow
07-29-2004, 07:04 AM
I had the last.Nice pick.I had never seen your picks rich.So as
a novice I read them wrong.I didn't realize you are the MAN
in CAL racing.. GOOD LUCK with the picks and your web site.I'm
a believer..Thanks Lou for the push in the last..LL

cj
07-29-2004, 07:10 AM
Horses like the one in the last remind you this game is beatable. I needed it after that inane DQ in race #6, that one smarted!

rrbauer
07-29-2004, 11:53 AM
Hi CJ!

After all the kudos guess I'd better get busy on the Thursday card.

:cool:

kingfin66
07-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Rich,

I checked out your site for the first time. I like the no frills approach. Although, I still prefer larger fields, I agree with your argument that value and price are not the same thing. One suggestion: You may want to put your above explanation of your analysis on your site, so that everybody who sees your analysis understands how to apply it.

I love the California circuit for the quality racing and consistent weather. I especially like Hollywood because it works well with my software. Did you do much posting of of Hol picks on PA for the just completed meet? If so I must have missed it.

Anyway, nice job with the picks yesterday. It's just too bad that #2 in the 3rd got bet down in the short field.

Mike

rrbauer
07-29-2004, 03:01 PM
kingfin66

Haven't posted much here or at my site this year. Too busy with the boycottmagna.com site up thru Santa Anita. Since then I've
been trying to get a house built in Tennessee while I'm living in California. A big ol' LOL on that one......