PDA

View Full Version : Maddow releases Trump taxes

JustRalph
03-14-2017, 08:29 PM
She tweets tonight she releases his tax returns

This should be good

letswastemoney
03-14-2017, 08:46 PM
Oh good. Get ready for overanalysis by people who probably can't interpret complex tax returns and who hate Trump in the first place.

FantasticDan
03-14-2017, 08:56 PM
It's his 1040 from 2005. Trump biographer David Cay Johnston says he will be breaking the story on both Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell.

OntheRail
03-14-2017, 08:57 PM
Tax returns are not public record.

Okay if she indeed has them... and he has not personally granted permission to publish them. Is that not a crime to do so?

boxcar
03-14-2017, 09:03 PM
Tax returns are not public record.

Okay if she indeed has them... and he has not personally granted permission to publish them. Is that not a crime to do so?

I would think that it is. And I hope she's prosecuted criminally and civilly -- to the fullest extent of the law.

OntheRail
03-14-2017, 09:38 PM
I would think that it is. And I hope she's prosecuted criminally and civilly -- to the fullest extent of the law.
I'd laugh my azz off if the US Marshall's hauled her and Johnson in front of a Federal Judge and demanded they name the leaker of this info. And when they refuse toss them in the Grey Bar Hotel and let them rot. ;)

kingfin66
03-14-2017, 09:53 PM

I would also be concerned about how these were obtained. Although I am one who thinks that President Trump should release the returns, I do not think that they should be stolen. Does this point in the direction of his accountant?

boxcar
03-14-2017, 10:01 PM
I would also be concerned about how these were obtained. Although I am one who thinks that President Trump should release the returns, I do not think that they should be stolen. Does this point in the direction of his accountant?

I smell wrongdoing big time. A return that is 11 years old? Someone leaked something to CNN. If so, I hope the hammer comes down hard.

MutuelClerk
03-14-2017, 10:07 PM
Hopefully this is the destruction of both these parties. They're going to keep releasing info on each other. Fighting back until both sides expose each other for what they truly are. Money. Grubbing. Whores.

JustRalph
03-14-2017, 10:17 PM
Hopefully this is the destruction of both these parties. They're going to keep releasing info on each other. Fighting back until both sides expose each other for what they truly are. Money. Grubbing. Whores.

Trump? He already has the cash. I would understand your comment about Harry Reid or Bernie Sanders et al. Both got rich by being politicians, but Trump?

davew
03-14-2017, 10:22 PM

She is the pride of the mainstream media, she is beyond prosecution.

Clocker
03-14-2017, 11:06 PM
The White House already released them in response. Bad move, since they are now public before Madcow airs them.

JustRalph
03-14-2017, 11:45 PM
They are from 2005?

He paid higher taxes than most

38 mil

It was a big dud.

Tune in tomorrow when Maddow releases Trumps 1995 dental records

JustRalph
03-14-2017, 11:47 PM
Her own turns on her

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/14/donald-trump-just-got-a-nice-victory-thanks-of-all-people-to-rachel-maddow.html

All this winning is killing Trump

JustRalph
03-15-2017, 12:12 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028791548

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028791776

:jump::lol::lol::pound:

AltonKelsey
03-15-2017, 12:41 AM
He paid too much.

I think it's too late to file an amended, so he should count it as charitable giving.

Greyfox
03-15-2017, 01:24 AM
His taxes? Can we call this "The Butch Report?"

tucker6
03-15-2017, 08:14 AM
That didn't exactly go as planned for Rachel.

boxcar
03-15-2017, 08:22 AM
All she did was confirm what many of us already knew: A very successful businessman is running the country. Can someone please remind me what Obama's great success story was before he was elected president?

forced89
03-15-2017, 09:54 AM
It's his 1040 from 2005. Trump biographer David Cay Johnston says he will be breaking the story on both Maddow and Lawrence O'Donnell.

I think Trump surreptitiously sent it to David Johnston and I think it was a brilliant move to do so.

reckless
03-15-2017, 10:09 AM
All she did was confirm what many of us already knew: A very successful businessman is running the country. Can someone please remind me what Obama's great success story was before he was elected president?

What I want to know is how Obama -- his three jobs prior to becoming President -- ever became a multi-millionaire on the relatively small salaries of street activist, state representative and US Senator.

Income on all these jobs were basically 'fixed' either by custom or law and relatively not well paying on the margin. It isn't like he owned assets, such as buildings, golf courses or oil wells and silver mines.

Where's the investigation?

chadk66
03-15-2017, 10:29 AM
My bet is she wile prosecuted

DSB
03-15-2017, 10:35 AM
Can someone please remind me what Obama's great success story was before he was elected president?

He was a community organizer.

However, they were big communities.

davew
03-15-2017, 10:35 AM
What I want to know is how Obama -- his three jobs prior to becoming President -- ever became a multi-millionaire on the relatively small salaries of street activist, state representative and US Senator.

Income on all these jobs were basically 'fixed' either by custom or law and relatively not well paying on the margin. It isn't like he owned assets, such as buildings, golf courses or oil wells and silver mines.

RU serious? Clintons left white house 'dead broke'

Corruption is rampant in Washington DC in both parties. They all are out to help themselves first.

woodtoo
03-15-2017, 10:51 AM
:pound:Even Real Fake news CNN is making fun of Ricky Madcow.

boxcar
03-15-2017, 10:54 AM

Corruption is rampant in Washington DC in both parties. They all are out to help themselves first.

They left the WH with stolen goods is what they did!

Greyfox
03-15-2017, 11:05 AM
As seen on Twitter:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 4h4 hours ago
More
Does anybody really believe that a reporter, who nobody ever heard of, "went to his mailbox" and found my tax returns? @NBCNews FAKE NEWS!

reckless
03-15-2017, 12:40 PM

Could be true but the left wingers are better at it than anyone.

This thread is all about taxes... notably Trump's taxes.

Well Obama Treasury Secretary, Tim Geithner, didn't pay his taxes when he was confirmed. And I don't mean he had a bunch of legal deductions, he didn't file his tax returns!!

And today there are stories on a bunch of MSNBC staffers, led by Racist No. 1, Al Sharpton, who had tax liens filed against them. Some in more than one state. Here's just one of them, written months ago:

http://rightwingnews.com/media/hilarious-review-shows-9-msnbc-pundits-tax-liens/

letswastemoney
03-15-2017, 01:30 PM
There's a decent chance Trump leaked the 2005 returns himself, because it just made him look good. It made him look like he pays taxes, which people think he doesn't.

delayjf
03-15-2017, 01:35 PM
I would put the odds at 50/50 - either he did or either he didn't.:rolleyes:

woodtoo
03-15-2017, 01:57 PM
This sounds fair and balanced.

davew
03-15-2017, 02:17 PM
There's a decent chance Trump leaked the 2005 returns himself, because it just made him look good. It made him look like he pays taxes, which people think he doesn't.

It is possible, but if so the 2005 makes him look best.

boxcar
03-15-2017, 02:44 PM

I guess criminals would think Obama was a successful crook, then. At least he manifested success in something in this life.

Clocker
03-15-2017, 03:31 PM
To date, Obama has made about $15 million in royalties on the books that he "wrote". Sales increased greatly after he was elected President.

He and his wife are each going to write books, and they signed a joint deal with a big publisher for a guaranteed $60 million.

And I am sure that they are going to pay their fair share of taxes. :rolleyes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/01/20/how-barack-obama-has-made-20-million-since-arriving-in-washington/#3c1af5f15bf0

boxcar
03-15-2017, 03:41 PM
To date, Obama has made about $15 million in royalties on the books that he "wrote". Sales increased greatly after he was elected President.

He and his wife are each going to write books, and they signed a joint deal with a big publisher for a guaranteed $60 million.

And I am sure that they are going to pay their fair share of taxes. :rolleyes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/01/20/how-barack-obama-has-made-20-million-since-arriving-in-washington/#3c1af5f15bf0

Unlike crime, which supposedly doesn't pay, politics pays very well. But yet there are numerous naive people out there who never link politics with all this accrued wealth and associate this connection with the strong likelihood of corruption.

Clocker
03-15-2017, 04:00 PM
Unlike crime, which supposedly doesn't pay, politics pays very well. But yet there are numerous naive people out there who never link politics with all this accrued wealth and associate this connection with the strong likelihood of corruption.

I have never heard any credible claims that Obama did anything illegal or unethical for his money (other than having his books ghost written without acknowledgement). There is evidence of, at the least, some very dirty tricks used to get him elected early on. Or what would be considered dirty politics most any place other than Chicago.

On the other hand, there are too many people in politics, especially at the national level, who have big bucks that are hard to explain if not through influence peddling, inside information, etc. Harry Reid comes immediately to mind, but there are too many rich "public servants" on both sides of the aisle.

LottaKash
03-15-2017, 04:20 PM
I guess criminals would think Obama was a successful crook, then. At least he manifested success in something in this life.

Al Capone, another Chicago Great, would be quite envious and jealous of how it is done nowadays....

Gangsters !!..

boxcar
03-15-2017, 04:59 PM
I have never heard any credible claims that Obama did anything illegal or unethical for his money (other than having his books ghost written without acknowledgement). There is evidence of, at the least, some very dirty tricks used to get him elected early on. Or what would be considered dirty politics most any place other than Chicago.

On the other hand, there are too many people in politics, especially at the national level, who have big bucks that are hard to explain if not through influence peddling, inside information, etc. Harry Reid comes immediately to mind, but there are too many rich "public servants" on both sides of the aisle.

Then I'd like to know how a dope-smoking community organizer, a 1/2 term U.S. senator and a two-term president has become a multi-millionaire.

MutuelClerk
03-15-2017, 06:46 PM
Then I'd like to know how a dope-smoking community organizer, a 1/2 term U.S. senator and a two-term president has become a multi-millionaire.

All of our politicians leave millionaires. Why don't you look into that? Country before party. Never mind. That's only for Americans to figure out. Not Republican or Democrats. They're to busy hating each other, blaming each other.

Fager Fan
03-15-2017, 06:58 PM

I recall a story about how he got his house at far below market value. The implication was that he was getting a payoff from a developer. Something like that. Let me see if I can find.

http://www.wnd.com/2011/04/289529/

Not a lot there in my opinion. I think most of the scandal regarding Obama has to do with his motivations and the kind of man he really is.

Tom
03-16-2017, 09:25 PM
Al Capone, another Chicago Great, would be quite envious and jealous of how it is done nowadays....

Gangsters !!..

Interesting side note - Obama murdered more people that Al did.

riskman
03-16-2017, 10:07 PM

Obama became an expert at targeted drone killings.

Trump is a neophyte in this area. Obama has more experience planning and killing targets and they were "balanced" for effectiveness.
That Nobel Peace prize has a lot of rust on it.

Tom
03-16-2017, 10:12 PM
Obama has more experience planning and killing targets

He is a street thug from Chicago.....just saying.

JustRalph
03-16-2017, 10:31 PM

Don't forget the Doctors n nurses he killed last year.

If Bush did that he would have been killed in the press

fast4522
03-16-2017, 10:45 PM
Obama became an expert at targeted drone killings.

Trump is a neophyte in this area. Obama has more experience planning and killing targets and they were "balanced" for effectiveness.
That Nobel Peace prize has a lot of rust on it.

We need to time out with the hate here, we now have a very honorable Attorney General of the United States, Jefferson Beauregard "Jeff" Sessions III. We soon will have a Supreme Court that is not a complete joke, the country needs to heal and it is going to need all of us. In a couple of years we will need to finish the job with everything we have with our next vote.

NJ Stinks
03-16-2017, 11:28 PM
Don't forget the Doctors n nurses he killed last year.

Were you the first guy here who said Obama gets no credit for nailing bin Laden? :rolleyes:

davew
03-17-2017, 12:56 AM
I hope Rachel Madcow gets fired - she has probably eating something she shouldn't be. It is a felony to show or release someones' tax forms without their permission and her first amendment right of free speech gets Trumped by the felony.

davew
03-17-2017, 02:15 PM
breaking from newsmax ->

Donald Trump's personal attorneys are considering possible legal action against MSNBC and "The Rachel Maddow Show" for disclosing parts of the president's 2005 tax returns, Fox Business Network reports. The Trump legal team believes the unauthorized release of Trump's tax information could be in violation of federal privacy laws.

woodtoo
03-17-2017, 03:57 PM
breaking from newsmax ->

Donald Trump's personal attorneys are considering possible legal action against MSNBC and "The Rachel Maddow Show" for disclosing parts of the president's 2005 tax returns, Fox Business Network reports. The Trump legal team believes the unauthorized release of Trump's tax information could be in violation of federal privacy laws.

Surprise, surprise.

chadk66
03-17-2017, 07:20 PM
the big question is will she go to the male prison?:lol:

JustRalph
03-17-2017, 07:45 PM
Were you the first guy here who said Obama gets no credit for nailing bin Laden? :rolleyes:

Actually I don't think so. Hard to recall. Hate to take a Clintonesque position, but really..... I don't know.

dkithore
03-18-2017, 10:14 AM
I agree. The Trump haters are so blinded by their rage they may self destruct eventually. As in this case of msnbc.(intentional).