PDA

View Full Version : Long shots your keeping an eye on...

PowerUpPaynter
03-13-2017, 10:33 AM
With no singular stand out at the top of the crop like past years I think there is a good shot we see a result that is unlikely. 2 horses im watching as possible long shot plays are Petrov and Cloud Computing (yes i know the unraced at 2 curse) but I think both have a easy path to improve at the right time.

Who are you watching that may be a little under the radar?

letswastemoney
03-13-2017, 10:38 AM
Both had tough pace scenarios last time.

I prefer Petrov because I lost faith in Todd Pletcher at the Kentucky Derby (even though he won the 2010 edition).

Andrick
03-14-2017, 04:42 PM
I like Petrov too, although I have a sneaky suspicion he won't be viewed as that much of a longshot after this weekend.

Vince Stone
03-15-2017, 08:26 PM
Sure hope you guys are right about Petrov. I bet him in the 3rd future pool and got him at 70-1. I think he's in tough this weekend though with Amercan Anthem and Malagacy. Uncontested is no slouch and Untrapped should get a great setup

Secondbest
03-15-2017, 08:59 PM
Anybody have an opinion on the Japanese horse?

Vince Stone
03-15-2017, 09:07 PM
He is ahead of where Lani was at this point last year, and he didn't embarrass himself in the Derby and then came back to run well in the Belmont. See how he does in the UAE Derby

PowerUpPaynter
03-15-2017, 09:08 PM
Anybody have an opinion on the Japanese horse?

yeah, the year one of the japanese horses hit the board ill have to rip up every single one of my derby tickets

CincyHorseplayer
03-16-2017, 11:18 AM
Maybe not a bomb or overlooked but Girvin. His slow first half led to the big finish but the pace I believe was legitimate. A 6 length loose horse sets a race up that it can strand some closers of lesser ability. So that he could run it down was significant. And Mo Town was in this race. So decent time. Solid finish. And you could say he beat somebody. It's a start!

yankeelpn
03-16-2017, 01:15 PM
Ill stick with Illiad for now, thinking Baffert still wishes he trained this horse.

Spalding No!
03-20-2017, 04:00 PM
So Conflated - drawing a line through Gotham where he was never involved; wakes up in a weak Santa Anita Derby

Guest Suite - further back early than normal in Risen Star; has come back with 2 bullet workouts at 5f since the race

Irish Freedom - sharp middle move when clearly short; good workout since; Baffert will have to Hail Mary in a 50 point race if he still has hope

PowerUpPaynter
03-20-2017, 06:51 PM
Bronze Age is bred very well and its a Baffert/Espinoza horse

Spalding No!
03-20-2017, 10:23 PM
Bronze Age is bred very well and its a Baffert/Espinoza horse
Looks like he'll show up in the Sunland Park Derby.

Hedge Fund is also targeting that race for Todd Pletcher. He's one of the colts that has the blue hen mare Narrate in his pedigree. Also a half brother to recent stakes winner Stanford.

Also, in Dubai, Coolmore has a pair of colts in the Derby including Lancaster Bomber, who was 2nd in the BC Juvenile Turf. He's by War Front from a Juddmonte female line.