PDA

View Full Version : Pool Manipulation

ultracapper
03-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Going on in the 6th at SA right now. :1: and :9: are each even money in a 10 horse field. They each had $12K plus to win on them. The next minute, they each had $9K to win, one being 6/5, the other 7/5. Interesting to see who the target horse is.

ultracapper
03-12-2017, 05:55 PM
Money still being taken off each of them. One has $7K, the other $6K. They're still both under 2/1. The remainder of the field is still all double digit.

lamboguy
03-12-2017, 07:00 PM
in the 3rd race at Santa Anita the field got scratched down to 3. the winner was a legit $2.10 horse. before the race started the 3-1 exacta was calling for $2.20 which was more than reasonable.

the numbers came in and paid a more than generous $2.80, that's either 4 or 8 times what it should have paid.

keep in mind the rebate on exacta's is over 11% for that place.

VigorsTheGrey
03-13-2017, 12:31 AM
Going on in the 6th at SA right now. :1: and :9: are each even money in a 10 horse field. They each had $12K plus to win on them. The next minute, they each had $9K to win, one being 6/5, the other 7/5. Interesting to see who the target horse is.

Hard to imagine this being NOT manipulation here...Who takes 3k off of each...For what end...? Not doubting you...just trying to figure the end game here....to produce a false run of sorts...? Why bet on them both and then take away on both?

ultracapper
03-13-2017, 12:56 PM
:9: ended up wining at 7/5. :1: finished a nose out of the place spot at 5/2, or maybe 3/1, didn't look at the end. If somebody made a mistake, like somehow bet $10K on each horse through TVG for instance, I don't think they could have first cancelled $3K of that bet, and then the next minute cancelled another $1K, and so on. It was as if multiple bets were being cancelled on each. I don't know if it worked for those involved because I really don't get what was done. I feel like, for the most part, the field went off at fair odds.