PDA

View Full Version : great horse name (new)

jsg
07-28-2004, 04:11 AM
An AE horse in Opening Day R3 @ Saratoga (state-bred maidens): Out of the sire "Deputy Commander" and the dam "Oblivious"....."Quayle".

Ooooohh, that's cold (but I like it!)

charleslanger
07-28-2004, 04:16 AM
That's brilliant.....

betchatoo
07-28-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by jsg
An AE horse in Opening Day R3 @ Saratoga (state-bred maidens): Out of the sire "Deputy Commander" and the dam "Oblivious"....."Quayle".

Ooooohh, that's cold (but I like it!)

Who's the owner? This is a person I've got to meet.

TOOZ
07-28-2004, 09:48 AM
There was a guy we used to work with that was so overweight he
used to snort and make all these weird noises just breathing. We started to call him Darth, because he sounded like Vader with all the sounds coming out of his mouth. Was at some track at the time and they were simulcasting Turfway Park. Sure enough, in one of the races there was a horse named Darth. Had to put a few bucks on him. Needless to say, his breathing was just like this guy's. Up the track.

Valuist
07-28-2004, 09:53 AM
Another good name that ran at Ellis over the weekend: Hall Lass. I think the announcer said something like "they're coming to the wire and she's Hawwwwlllll asssssssss. The guys from TVG were laughing about it.

OTM Al
07-28-2004, 10:50 AM
I came across one that made me start chuckling when I was going through last year's Monmouth and Meadowlands records.....Jamaican Me Nuts. It's silly but it made me smile for quite a while.

jsg
07-28-2004, 11:04 AM
It occurs to me that if this one makes it to stud (and considering his poppa, there's a pretty good chance), you just know that some smart ass is going to christnen one of his offspring as "Patatoe"

andicap
07-28-2004, 11:13 AM
or maybe "Potatoe"

"Patatoe, Potato, lets call the whole thing off."