PDA

View Full Version : World Baseball Classic

Valuist
03-12-2017, 11:38 AM
I've been watching it, and its been better than I thought. Anyone who has watched the games in Mexico has seen Coors Field South. Lindor hit a HR last night that I think is still flying. The US, in a big game vs the DR in Miami, blows a 5-0 lead.

HoofedInTheChest
03-12-2017, 11:53 AM
I agree, it’s been pretty entertaining so far.

I thought Stroman pitched 4 solid innings last night, unfortunately the bullpen just couldn’t lock it down..... just like a team i know all too well.

No worries though, you're up against the Canadian's tonight, i wonder which retired pitcher they will throw out vs the U.S.?

barahona44
03-12-2017, 02:04 PM
I agree, it’s been pretty entertaining so far.

I thought Stroman pitched 4 solid innings last night, unfortunately the bullpen just couldn’t lock it down..... just like a team i know all too well.

No worries though, you're up against the Canadian's tonight, i wonder which retired pitcher they will throw out vs the U.S.?

Gee, I thought Ferguson Jenkins was only going to throw out the first pitch .;)

kingfin66
03-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Agreed. At first I thought, oh god this thing again. The games have been entertaining and I underestimated just how important this competition is to the players, including the stars and superstars, who are representing their countries. They seem much more inspired to play in these games than they do the typical spring training events.

ElKabong
03-14-2017, 12:26 AM
Rougie Odor is the modern day Leon Lett. Tonight's walking single was typical douchebaggery he (and Bautista) do all too often.

He crushes a shot to deep center in the 9th, admires,it, then walks down the line.... Only to be shocked it didn't clear the tarp (in Mexico they don't have walls apparently... A trump joke)...) he eventually scored but he looked like a clown standing at first after ripping one high, 400 ft.

Otherwise, I've enjoyed this thing. In other years it's been a snore.... My team (Rangers) have lost a lot of players in spring training unfortunately to the tournament but the wbc has been fun

Jess Hawsen Arown
03-14-2017, 12:39 PM
My only complaint is the damage it does to players just before the season starts -- especially pitchers.

HoofedInTheChest
03-14-2017, 02:19 PM
My only complaint is the damage it does to players just before the season starts -- especially pitchers.
Much like spring training, starting pitchers are held to pitch counts in the WBC, with required days off based on pitches thrown.

You have to play the game to get in shape, whether it’s in spring training or at the WBC, i see no difference.

Valuist
03-16-2017, 12:32 PM
Rougie Odor is the modern day Leon Lett. Tonight's walking single was typical douchebaggery he (and Bautista) do all too often.

He crushes a shot to deep center in the 9th, admires,it, then walks down the line.... Only to be shocked it didn't clear the tarp (in Mexico they don't have walls apparently... A trump joke)...) he eventually scored but he looked like a clown standing at first after ripping one high, 400 ft.

Otherwise, I've enjoyed this thing. In other years it's been a snore.... My team (Rangers) have lost a lot of players in spring training unfortunately to the tournament but the wbc has been fun

Odor could've maybe gotten a triple out of that hit. I thought Alfonso Soriano was bad at Cadillacing. Odor made Soriano look like Pete Rose.

Jess Hawsen Arown
03-16-2017, 09:16 PM
Much like spring training, starting pitchers are held to pitch counts in the WBC, with required days off based on pitches thrown.

You have to play the game to get in shape, whether it’s in spring training or at the WBC, i see no difference.

The difference is that you are playing to win in the WBC. You will put that extra effort in that you don't use in spring training.

It just seems to me, based on my observation of previous WBCs, that an inordinate number of pitchers from the tournament have subpar years. I have no stats to back that up.

HoofedInTheChest
03-17-2017, 01:13 PM
Manny Machado is a beast!

After watching Odour last night, i have come to the conclusion that this guy is a complete donkey.

It’s the Stro Show tonight vs Seth Lugo and PR.

ElKabong
03-22-2017, 12:39 AM
Odor could've maybe gotten a triple out of that hit. I thought Alfonso Soriano was bad at Cadillacing. Odor made Soriano look like Pete Rose.

After that fiasco he created at third for Venezuela, we're calling him O-or, because there's no D in Odor...

HoofedInTheChest
03-23-2017, 12:59 AM
The Stro Show!

That’s what you get for attacking his mother on Twitter.

Congrats to the U.S. on the WBC..... was quite the rinsing. :ThmbUp:

CincyHorseplayer
03-23-2017, 01:05 AM
I thought I was the only one watching. We just totally tossed Peurto Rico's salad! USA USA USA!! That was fun!:)

cj
03-25-2017, 10:05 AM
I thought I was the only one watching. We just totally tossed Peurto Rico's salad! USA USA USA!! That was fun!:)

It was fun.

Your description leaves a lot to be desired, both from accuracy standpoint and from a crudeness one.

headhawg
03-25-2017, 11:07 AM
We just totally tossed Peurto Rico's salad!I have seen a lot of strange things posted here, but in the context of the WBC -- or traditional sports in general -- this one is in the Top 5 of weirdness.

Jess Hawsen Arown
03-25-2017, 11:15 AM

While I enjoyed the US win, it was still tough to root against Mets pitcher, Seth Lugo.

The Show starts in 8 days.