PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga 3-9

willphorse
03-09-2017, 08:58 AM
Here is one that I like for today at Toga!

Race 1-

8 Aquickone N

From the 8 hole, will probably be an overlay. Went first over in a 57.3 back half and finished pretty evenly at even odds against tougher. The third 1/4 time was a 28.2 split, which matched the Open's 3rd 1/4 split on the day. The first 1/2 was very slow, which almost ensured that clearing the pace setter was almost impossible. Solid move into a headwind, and circumstances were against. I'll follow with a shot today!

willphorse
03-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Another I really like today is in Race 10

1 Mama Rocked Me

Draws the rail again. Last out set a swift 57.2 1/2 mile pace trying to fend off Belly Dancer who pressed early on. This was the fastest 1/2 on the card, including Open Pacers. She led until late stretch where she was caught at the wire by today's fo Notebookandtablet at 16-1. Unable to slow down the 2nd or 3rd 1/4 really hurt late. Today, there is not much speed to race against.

willphorse
03-09-2017, 09:16 AM
One more for the card... This one is bumping up in class, so expect a price!!!

Race 9

5 Silouette

Parked 1/4 in 28.1, slowed down a bit for a 2nd 1/4 split of 30.2, then EXPLODED a 28.2 matching 3/4 and final splits. That was a fast race, only 1 length off the Open pace on the card, and he won by 5 lengths!

The race the ML Favorite comes out of went pretty much even with Silouette's race to the 1/2, but the back 1/2 was MUCH slower (2/5's at the 3/4, 1 Full second Final), and again Silouette was drawing away, whereas Mademoiselle Paris was asked hard from a PERFECT pocket trip and couldn't get by!

GIVE US 3-1!!!! PLEEEEEASE!!!!

willphorse
03-09-2017, 01:43 PM
Here is one that I like for today at Toga!

Race 1-

8 Aquickone N

From the 8 hole, will probably be an overlay. Went first over in a 57.3 back half and finished pretty evenly at even odds against tougher. The third 1/4 time was a 28.2 split, which matched the Open's 3rd 1/4 split on the day. The first 1/2 was very slow, which almost ensured that clearing the pace setter was almost impossible. Solid move into a headwind, and circumstances were against. I'll follow with a shot today!

Left from 8 hole, Broke, went to the back and still almost got back up. Follow next start!!!!

willphorse
03-09-2017, 03:21 PM
One more for the card... This one is bumping up in class, so expect a price!!!

Race 9

5 Silouette

Parked 1/4 in 28.1, slowed down a bit for a 2nd 1/4 split of 30.2, then EXPLODED a 28.2 matching 3/4 and final splits. That was a fast race, only 1 length off the Open pace on the card, and he won by 5 lengths!

The race the ML Favorite comes out of went pretty much even with Silouette's race to the 1/2, but the back 1/2 was MUCH slower (2/5's at the 3/4, 1 Full second Final), and again Silouette was drawing away, whereas Mademoiselle Paris was asked hard from a PERFECT pocket trip and couldn't get by!

GIVE US 3-1!!!! PLEEEEEASE!!!!

WINNER!!!

$4.10

willphorse
03-09-2017, 03:35 PM
Another I really like today is in Race 10

1 Mama Rocked Me

Draws the rail again. Last out set a swift 57.2 1/2 mile pace trying to fend off Belly Dancer who pressed early on. This was the fastest 1/2 on the card, including Open Pacers. She led until late stretch where she was caught at the wire by today's fo Notebookandtablet at 16-1. Unable to slow down the 2nd or 3rd 1/4 really hurt late. Today, there is not much speed to race against.

Idiot drive cost her the win. Caught at the wire to finish 2nd!