PDA

View Full Version : Larceny, American Style

Jess Hawsen Arown
03-07-2017, 06:47 PM
One of the yahoo! gimmicks is their Answer Board. Its a nice gimmick. People get to ask all sorts of questions in a variety of subjects. Then wise-asses such as myself, provide answers.

Yahoo! provides meaningless points, but you get to feel good when your answer is chosen BEST ANSWER and are AWARDED EXTRA POINTS. WOO-HOO! :jump:

Yahoo! makes money selling targeted ads based on the questions and answers. Nothing wrong here. Its just business.

But the site lost a large chunk of its audience after the election and yahoo! needed a way to get the people back. So what did they do? They started sending BEST ANSWER awards to answers from six months ago. I'm guessing they sent one to everyone who answered a question. Now I think they are awarding them to multiple answerers as a way to keep people interested.

Kinda like that history quiz we all took where everybody who took it was told they were in the top 3%.

Is this a REAL crime? I mean, who gets hurt? Now you'll have to excuse me. I just got an email from Nigeria and I'm going to make a lot of money.

kingfin66
03-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Are you Big Mack?

Jess Hawsen Arown
03-08-2017, 06:38 PM
I will be if there is any money in it for me. :headbanger:

Sorry, don't know any Big Mack.