PDA

View Full Version : woodbine track talk

steve1904
03-06-2017, 02:49 AM
Anyone follow woodbine and like to chat about upcoming meet in April?

AskinHaskin
03-06-2017, 02:46 PM
What's there to talk about aside from their crappy surfaces.

They ply everyone with misleading stats and mask the reality that has been the number of races on their main track being down 25% from 2010.

All to get their board of directors (or whoever) to vote for another colossal synthetic mistake.

Just think how well they could be doing if they had a real race surface on the main track to go with increased turf racing last year.

Great betting menu, horses which are classy enough... but it all gets minimized by still another synthetic mistake.

lamboguy
03-06-2017, 06:16 PM
i like to play the place for 2 reason's. the breakage is to the dime like NYRA and the rebate used to be 8 % when the takeout was over 17%, the takeout is now under 15% and i still get 8% rebate. i usually bet $100 in the straight mutuel pools or less and never make a dent into the price i get. the takeout and rebate make a big difference there along with the breakage. since the drop in takeout i am actually in front of that place a little.

Frost king
03-06-2017, 06:19 PM
i like to play the place for 2 reason's. the breakage is to the dime like NYRA and the rebate used to be 8 % when the takeout was over 17%, the takeout is now under 15% and i still get 8% rebate. i usually bet $100 in the straight mutuel pools or less and never make a dent into the price i get. the takeout and rebate make a big difference there along with the breakage. since the drop in takeout i am actually in front of that place a little.

How much do you have to bet there to get an 8% rebate?

lamboguy
03-06-2017, 06:27 PM
How much do you have to bet there to get an 8% rebate?
i don't think you will get the 8% no matter how much you bet. i think they just never adjusted the percentage from before, and i am not about to complain. i know that because they never adjusted the rebate they give on the Hasting show pool which is below 10%.

steve1904
03-10-2017, 01:11 AM
could you explain about the rebate? Im still trying to find the best way for me to make the bet. I dont bet alot and I just want to learn and understand better. Thanks