PDA

View Full Version : All BS Aside, is Randy a MUST for the Yanks??

sq764
07-27-2004, 03:32 PM
I was curious for all the Yankee fans out there if they think they can win it all without getting Randy Johnson.. After watching their pitching the past few weeks, it seems like their pursuit of him has gone from “Sure it would be nice to have him”, to “We desperately need him if we have a shot to win it all”

I was just wondering how Yankee fans truly felt..

cj
07-27-2004, 03:57 PM
I would think the Yankees or the Red Sox must get him to win. Neither one has been pitching, or playing, very well. The Yankees have the hope at least of Brown and Mussina returning. Brown is much more iffy though with his history. Mussina hasn't missed many starts in his career.

Sidenote...what a joke for Ortiz to only get a five game suspension. He needs a good ass kicking.

sq764
07-27-2004, 03:59 PM
You want to volunteer to deliver the ass-kicking? That dude is freaking huge!

cj
07-27-2004, 04:06 PM
He'd know he was in a scrap! ;)

Kidding aside, if someone you didn't like (Bonds) did this, we'd never hear the end of it. Maybe it was roid rage! Jeff Kent was even worse.

Back to Unit, he's a risky prop, missing lots of starts lately. I'm not sure I'd give much away for him.

sq764
07-27-2004, 04:11 PM
I think what Ortiz did was stupid, plain and simple.. He deserves a 5 game suspension.. I have seen less stupid things get more games and stupider things get less...

I don't think the Sox need Johnson at all... The Sox biggest opponent is the Sox. Their defense is horrible, plain and simple. That is what separates then and the Yankees right now. They actually have a much better ERA and batting average than the Yanks, just the fielding is awful..

bettheoverlay
07-27-2004, 05:01 PM
The Sox need a pitcher like Johnson, you wouldn't have to worry so much about defense when everyone is striking out.

kenwoodallpromos
07-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Don't bash Bonds- he got 4 walks last night.