PDA

View Full Version : LONGSHOT FEMALE TRAINERS !!

Turfday
07-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Wow....just checked my database covering the last three years (July, 2001 through July, 2004) and found some real nuggets among the top VALUE trainers in the country:

Using a criteria of minimum 75 total starters (25 per year), a minimum win percentage of 13% and a minimum in-the-money percentage of 40% covering ALL races (including sprints, routes and turf), there are only EIGHT trainers that qualified in the entire country.

Please remember, this is VALUE only. This isn't concerning the Bobby Frankel's, the Jeff Mullins' and the Todd Pletcher's of the world.

Of those EIGHT value trainers, FIVE are women. I wouldn't leave any of these gals trainees out of your trifecta !

Ladeana Bastida 13% / 40% / average price winner= $22.00 / specialty = routes

Lucy B. Webb 13% / 41% / average price winner= $18.00 / specialty = sprints, routes, not turf

Maria Virginia Pascual 18% / 49% / average price winner = $18.00 / specialty = routes

Laurie Lafavers 14% / 42% / average price winner = $18.00 / specialty = sprints, not routes

Lynnett A. Ashby 14% / 40% / average price winner = $16.00 / specialty = sprints

The other three are men:

Paulo H. Lobo 16% / 46% / average price winner = $20.00 / specialty = turf

Daniel G. Luna 30% / 61% / average price winner= $11.00 / specialty = sprints

Greg D. Cox 14% / 40% / average price winner = $22.00 / specialty = sprints

The top VALUE trainer in the country right now, based on my own Betting Value Averages formula that includes a rolling average and factors in what's happening right now is more important than what happened three years ago, is:

Bill Kinch, but he is only 12% / 38% ( BUT average price winner: $30.00! ) specialty = sprints

ceejay
07-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Bob,

Because 13% winners from 75 starts is only 10 winners (although some have more than that I'm sure) one huge price could skew the data. Did you try running these numbers dropping the highest price, or anything > 40- or 50-1?

Turfday
07-27-2004, 04:10 PM
The high payoff is automatically discarded from our data.

TriSuper
07-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the info. Problem is, I have never heard of many of these trainers and was wondering if you could list the track or circuit that these stats are from.

Thanks,

TriSuper

My Saratoga Blog (http://spa-racing.blogspot.com/)

kenwoodallpromos
07-27-2004, 04:46 PM
Sounds good!

Turfday
07-27-2004, 05:44 PM
Per Tri Super's request, here are the circuits that the above listed VALUE trainers primarily compete on. Keep in mind, most all have started horses at other tracks as well.

LADEANA BASTIDA PHA

PAULO LOBO CA circuit

LUCY B. WEBB CT, PENN

MARIA VIRGINIA PASCUAL DEL

DANIEL G. LUNA LOS AL (thoroughbreds)

LAURIE LAFAVERS AQU, BEL

GREG D. COX WO, FE

* LYNNETT A. ASHBY DEL

*interesting that Equibase has two trainers in their database ...in checking, it's almost certainly a mistake in their database and hence, in ours as well. Both "names" compete primarily at Delaware.

LYNN A. ASHBY

LYNNETT A. ASHBY

Either Ashby is very good. We'll be sending a query to Equibase on this.

cash2
07-29-2004, 02:51 PM
lynn and lynnet are mother and daughter and mostly train arabians. the daughter was marrried and now trains as lynnet hershbell.

maria pascual is a very capable horsewoman.

CapperLou
08-02-2004, 09:32 AM
5th DEL 08-01 SUNDAY 1 1/16M Dirt

Empire Man 13.80

Maria Pascual 18% / 49% / avg price 18.00

Specialty = routes

Bob: I'm tracking a few of these Female Trainers and want to
thank you for this winner yesterday at Delaware!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

IRISHLADSTABLE
08-02-2004, 11:10 AM
Trainer Name Starts Wins Seconds Thirds Earnings
Pascual Maria Virginia 127 23 19 21 363700.0000

Bastida Ladeana 240 28 29 41 365523.0000

Webb Lucy B. 740 91 104 74 716568.0000

Lafavers Laurie 110 14 18 14 667689.0000

Ashby Charles 86 8 13 9 138460.0000
Ashby Lynn A. 2110 364 295 286 4796350.0000
Ashby Lynnett A. 2492 401 343 319 3004275.0000

:D

hurrikane
08-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Great info ,

nothing better than a little known good trainer.

Thanks!!!!

CapperLou
08-02-2004, 05:32 PM
hurricane:

You have to promise not to bang these prices down too much!! LOL hmmmmm!!!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

hurrikane
08-02-2004, 08:58 PM
with going to level orange I think your odds are safe Lou...won't even have time to make a bet....

kill em

CapperLou
08-07-2004, 05:19 PM
5th DEL 08/7 SAT 1 mile

Winnner: Bachelor's Delight 13.00

Another one for Maria today--in the 2nd she had two entries and they did nothing. Came back here with nice 13.00 winner!!

Thank you again Bob for your stats--they are helpful!!

All the Best,

CapperLou

cash2
08-07-2004, 06:27 PM
as i said upthread...very capable. i used her uncoupled entry in exotic play. didn't hit anything. bet the longer price of her two horses to win and also bet the one horse to win. lucked out when the one horse got put up giving me a tiny profit. might want to write down maria's short price horse (#3). lost irons start and lost all chance.

didn't back her winner. oh well

CapperLou
08-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Ladeana Bastida wins 8th at ELP 6f(not a route)

with Older Whiskey 24.80 Won Easily!!!! By 5 lengths

Thank you again Bob--I could not resist this one even at 6f!!

All the best,

CapperLou

cash2
09-05-2004, 09:52 PM
race 9 at del mile and seventy BOCA BOUND

26.60!

CapperLou
10-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Are any of you following the female trainers that Bob listed awhile back---I sure as heck am and have made some good dough during this period.

Well---Maria struck again in a route yesterday in the

3rd at DEL She's Rosalie Jane at $ 29.80

Oliver Castillo was aboard and kept her going to last by a nose!!

Maria has had a very very good meet at DEL with route runners.

Hope some of you had this one and are learning the benefits of knowing things about trainers to increase your ROI.

Hurricane is the master on this board at catching trainer patterns and Mr Selvin has an incredible database (I just wish his site was a little more affordable--I'd use it if it was!!!) I'm just playing catchup with hurricane.

If someone wants to write a database program for me so I can search my procap files to do stuff--please PM me. I am not a programmer and need a ready made program to do queries into my database of files. Thanks--this is toughest challenge I've had in years. Nothing on internet geared toward horses etc.

All the best,

CapperLou

P.S. Thank you again Bob Selvin--I'm taking advantage of the female trainers you mentioned & the turf trainers and doing well!!

Should also say that Maria just missed another in 8th DEL at 17.10 to 1 losing by a head--Pierre Legrand!!!!

JustRalph
10-07-2004, 01:58 PM
used to be a lady at Mountaineer by the name of Cox.

I could score with her pretty often if you watched the pattern closely. I think she and her husband both trained....can't remember her first name.......I think the husband or son or whatever was "Loren"

I don't even know if she still trains.........it could be interesting to find out

Turfday
10-08-2004, 08:04 AM
If so, she's only started 31 horses in the past 365 days with four wins...all sprints....at an AVERAGE price winner of 12/1 !

KirisClown
10-08-2004, 01:14 PM
When Gulfstream opens, watch for Akiko Gothard, she sent out some decent price winners at their last meet.

JustRalph
10-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Turfday
If so, she's only started 31 horses in the past 365 days with four wins...all sprints....at an AVERAGE price winner of 12/1 !

That is her. My first really decent score came on one of her horses. I watched MTR for a month or so. I noticed she was scoring pretty big in the last two races or so of the night. 4k claimers. She was laying off older horses for a month or so. Bring em back and running them one or two sprints in a month. They always ran mid pack. Then she would run them a mile or more distance. she would then find a shorter race for them and score big with them on the shorten up. I dropped 50 across on one she did this with and he stormed off the turn at 26-1 if my memory serves me right. I think Gary Birzer was the rider. The horse was "Rockmill Two" she didn't get away with it much longer. The two in the booth cappers at MTR started talking about her pulling these upsets and the prices went away. I used to have the horse on my watch list....but he is 10 or so now and I don't think he runs anymore.

Jinxed
10-08-2004, 02:39 PM
I haven't seen anyone mention Jenine Shahadi. They don't come any better than her as female trainers.:)

Turfday
10-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Jenine Sahadi is a fine horsewoman and gets good results. I even know her personally ever since she worked in the Del Mar publicity department many years ago.

However, the headline/subject of this thread was "Longshot Female Trainers." Jenine gets a good percentage of winners (14% combined in sprints, routes, turf) and consistent results, but based on my stats, I don't consider her a longshot trainer.

CapperLou
10-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Maria V Pascual strikes again at DEL in 2nd race today with

BOCA BOUND 15.40 winner at one mile dirt!!!

Maria is something else---just doing very well at DEL this year.

Hope some of you jumped on this one!!

And to the poster on this board named "the little guy"--who keeps being critical about me redboarding--and who won't identify himself--says he's on television with picks--sorry buddy, but I post these winners as a courtesy to this thread. Some of us are playing them and doing well.

All the best,

CapperLou

P.S. Thanks again Bob for your info on her!!!!

jk3521
10-12-2004, 09:01 PM
Who could ever forget the queen of them all in the old days, Mary Cotter ?

hurrikane
10-12-2004, 09:54 PM
hey Lou,

you and I know the bs talks the players do the walk. Don' t worry about the rumbles.

I had MP horse but for a different reason though the tr make it a prime.

Becareful about the stats though..some of these babes are like 1 fer 25 this year. And the MP horse in the 8th did'nt even show up.

Glad to see you're pump em though.

CapperLou
10-12-2004, 10:30 PM
hey hurricane:

The deal with MP is only plays in dirt routes--mile or more--NO Sprints!!!

She does not win many in sprints--anyway that is what was put in here by Bob at orgination of this thread---only dirt routes for her--there must be big difference---check it out--you know how!!

All the best,

CapperLou

Glad you had the winner and cashed a good one!!!!

cash2
10-13-2004, 09:00 PM
nobody's dissing maria while i'm around!

my stats for del 2004 say 35 dirt route starts with 8 wins. odds for winners... 22 5.6 1.5 5.9 5.5 12.3 13.9 6.7...(thru 10/12)

bet one dollar on each horse...cost you 35... return of 82.

imho...THAT'S WALKING THE WALK!

i'd have to dig but i'm sure that at least two and possibly three of the longer price wins were first time out for maria.

she's lost a few through the claim box but i don't think anyone has won off the claim.

finally, according to an article in THE MIDATLANTIC THOUROUGHBRED, maria's father and grandfather are both prominent trainers in Argentina. one year wonder? don't think so.

CapperLou
10-13-2004, 09:33 PM
Cash2

Maria's route wins the past few months paid for a vacation out west this summer. She is something else!!!! And the prices---unreal!!!! Hope she keeps it up for sometime!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

The_Knight_Sky
10-13-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
That is her. My first really decent score came on one of her horses. I watched MTR for a month or so. I noticed she was scoring pretty big in the last two races or so of the night. 4k claimers. She was laying off older horses for a month or so. Bring em back and running them one or two sprints in a month. They always ran mid pack. Then she would run them a mile or more distance. she would then find a shorter race for them and score big with them on the shorten up. I dropped 50 across on one she did this with and he stormed off the turn at 26-1 if my memory serves me right. I think Gary Birzer was the rider. The horse was "Rockmill Two" she didn't get away with it much longer. The two in the booth cappers at MTR started talking about her pulling these upsets and the prices went away. I used to have the horse on my watch list....but he is 10 or so now and I don't think he runs anymore.

ROCKMILL TWO scored at 24/1 with jockey Birzer up in the MNR7 on July 27, 2001.

That one was a recent claim by Amalia B. Cox for the owner Loren G. Cox.
Given two turf route preps in starter allowances, the horse was dropped
into a $6,500 claimer on the main track for the score.

That score actually pales by comparison when looking at the record
of GOLD RUN who was a meal ticket for the Cox's in the early part of 2001.

February 10 - won at 20/1 - route February 26 - 6th at 24/1 and rested April 14 - won at 37/1- sprint May 12 - won sprint at 5/1 (yucky chalk)
May 25 - won at 10/1 - sprint June 15 - second by a head at 9/1 in a $6,500 claimer

All of these races were at the conditioned $4,000 claimers
except for the June 15th race. D.W. Brinkley was the reinsman.

hurrikane
10-13-2004, 10:35 PM
I think I was misunderstood. I wasn't saying anything bad or good about Pascual. What I said was be careful of the stats.
that was not even in reference to Maria.

It was more in referrence to some others who are having a terrible year. You can't just take 3 year stats and run with them, that is all I was infering.

As far as Maria, I and my account have enjoyed her work quite a bit. With a little work you can actually raise the win % (or lower the losing %) without losing a play.

CapperLou
10-13-2004, 10:57 PM
I think hurricane was possibly taken out of context too! He is right IMO when he states that you have to be careful when following trainers.

Sometimes they change the way they are doing things and everything goes south for awhile.

Like anything else, a little research will tell one at what odds one should play etc. to increase the ROI of something that works!

All the best,

CapperLou

cash2
10-14-2004, 08:00 PM
hurricane

looks as if i did misinterpret your remarks. my apologies. the points in your gracious reply are all well taken. as you can tell, i believe maria deserves her props. what's better than an ace trainer who flys below the public radar? i'd rather bet her going long than say ... oh ... tony dutrow firsters.

Turfday
10-14-2004, 08:30 PM
When I wrote this post on July 27, I didn't realize that it would be so popular and have a "life of its own."

Because of the apparent interest, I will try to update the stats probably at the end of this month and we'll see if these "Longshot Female Trainers" are still producing.

CapperLou
01-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Maria Wins her 2nd at 2005 GP meet with Mr Travertino at 8.40 in 1st race.

She put over a $40+ winner several days back in a sprint. The one today was a route and Cornelio V rode this one masterfully saving all the ground around the turn coming for home and getting up by a nose!!!

Keep your eyes on her at Gulfstream--she is and will continue to do well at this meeting--just my opinion!!

Bob: How about an update on "longshot female trainers" for this thread???

All the best,

CapperLou

Doc
01-22-2005, 07:33 PM
I have had the pleasure of meeting Maria and she is from Argentina - her father and grandfather also trained horses. She was very successful down there and now she's doing well in this country. I LOVE betting her horses...not many people are familiar with her and you can catch a square price...she's dangerous first off the claim, too. :)

Doc

CapperLou
01-22-2005, 07:42 PM
DOC:

An agent who is a friend knows her too and thinks she is great--of course her whole family is in the business as you know.

She does extremely well when she drops a horse in class and that was going for us in todays race.

I made the largest play I have made in about three months today--could not resist it.

The only way I really do well at this game as some here know is following trainer and trainer/rider angles. I don't worry about the "takeout" when I'm playing this way and have a lot more confidence.

All the best,

CapperLou

Turfday
01-23-2005, 12:11 AM
Hey Lou,

You asked for an update, so here it is. Data from Jan. 19, 2002 through Jan. 19, 2005.

I made this update even tougher by increasing the sample size with a criteria of minimum 125 starters instead of 75. I kept the minimum win percentage at 13% and minimum in-the-money percentage of 40% covering ALL races (sprints, routes and turf).

There are now currently only FOUR female trainers in the top 50 in the OVERALL VALUE category in the time frame listed above and criteria listed above.

Please remember, this is VALUE ONLY. This isn't concerning the Bobby Frankel's, the Jeff Mullins' or the Todd Pletcher's of the world, as the topic in the subject line says...LONGSHOT FEMALE TRAINERS.

To insure the data and results are not skewed, the high payoff is automatically discarded from our database.

In my initial post on this topic LAST YEAR using data from July, 2001 through July, 2004, there were FIVE female trainers that I listed: Ladeana Bastida, Lucy B. Webb, Maria Virginia Pascual, Laurie Lafavers and Lynnett A. Ashby.

Webb and Lafavers have dropped off the list as they don't meet the above search criteria at present and a new name, Amalia Cox is added.

Here are the current results:

Ladeana Bastida 125 starters / 15% / 43% / average price winner = $26.00 / specialty = routes

Lynett A. Ashby 167 starters / 17% / 43% / average price winner = $16.00 /
specialty = sprints

Amalia Cox 150 starters / 18% / 45% / average price winner = $18.00 / specialty = sprints

Maria Virginia Pascual 207 starters / 17% / 48% / average price winner = $16.00 / specialty = routes

All of this information and much more is available at my website.

And special note to Capper Lou: how about re-subscribing using some of the winnings you made on this information (lol) ??

formula_2002
01-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Maria Virginia Pascual

Her name caught my eye the other day. She was racing a horse with an Italian sounding name.
Her horses are racing at GP.

How is she doing there?

CapperLou
02-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Quite well thank you!!

Another winner today in 5th GP #11 Unforgettable Gal 36.80

If you play superfecta's and you keyed on top you got 9,183.70 on $1 ticket.

Yes, she's doing very well at GP--just examine some earlier posts on this thread!!

Handicapping trainers is sometimes more fun than handicapping horses!!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

speedking
02-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Is anyone familiar with Nancy Triola? I think she has a perfect record, 6/6 or 7/7 over the past 14 months. I've scored with her 3 times this season at Tampa. Last price of $10 was the shortest on 1/28. Scored a week before at around $30 and paid well over $40 a few weeks before. Each starter was first time in her care and I think the last two were previously trained by Rich Violette in NY. A couple wins have been off long layoffs and one was first time turf. They have all gone to the front and never looked back. Last winner was owned by West Point Stables, but a couple were owned by the trainer, Triola.

hurrikane
02-08-2005, 08:27 AM
yeah speed,

she is quite the anomaly.

Anyone know if she is related to Robert Triola, who is quite the opposite.

Figman
02-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Nancy was Rick Violette's longtime chief assistant.
She moved to Canada a year or two ago.

speedking
02-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Maria Pascual shipped into Tampa yesterday(sat.) and won the 5th, a 7F sprint.
Only paid $6.80, but was coming off a 154 day layoff and a huge trainer change from Greg Sacco. She upped her 2 year stats to 50%, 8/4, with horses returning from LO of 90+ days and trainer change mark increased to 30/14, first start in her care. Even better news is that this horse, Sir Oscar, has room to improve and will probably perform better next time when stretched out.

She also entered another horse in that race, Toms Thunder, whom she scratched. Probably entered that one just to make sure the race would fill and go. This is one of her few misses. Has not won with this horse since taking over last August, but has 4 seconds in those 6 starts with solid numbers for the class he ran in.

speedking

Valuist
02-23-2005, 03:05 PM
She just struck again at GP paying over $11 to win.

hurrikane
02-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Yeah,

what's interesting is she is winning sprints at GP which is completely different from how this thread started. You really have to follow her barn. She has won only clmg sprints at GP and 20% over all. at 9/2 it wasn't a value play though.

I didn't play her or this race only because, althought the horse fit well here, her record is not good in MCL races.

The only thing worse might be my record in MCL races which is why I didn't play the race at all. :D

CapperLou
02-23-2005, 08:28 PM
hurricane:

I did not play this winner today for the same reason--not good in mcl. She is doing well in sprints, strangely enough both at GP & Tampa. I'll stay with the routes which have treated me very well since this thread was started and I'll play some sprints in Florida other than maidens. She's quite the deal this past year or so!!!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

speedking
02-23-2005, 09:43 PM
I used her today mainly because of the way the race set up, plus, it was a pretty weak field. Just like her winner at Tampa the other day, this one appears to have a better future when stretched out, which as we all know is her specialty. This one was well within himself as he won going away, despite the narrow margin.

speedking

hurrikane
02-24-2005, 08:27 AM
hopefully the pony will lose a couple before she stretches him so we can get a price

Valuist
02-24-2005, 09:29 AM
The field was terrible. I don't care what her technicals on sprints are; a well trained horse that's coming off a 2nd and is now against a bad field? Definitely worthy of a play at 9-2.

hurrikane
02-24-2005, 01:20 PM
good for you value,

IMO the pony was an underlay. Like I say...that's for me.

mikekk
03-04-2005, 11:38 PM
This is one thread I'm glad I've followed. When her 7.5-1 shot won today at GP I rolled home over a grand worth of Pick-3's.

Might not be a lot to some of you, but, for me it's the score of the century.

So far.

Knock on wood.

Mikekk

CapperLou
03-05-2005, 01:00 AM
Maria V Pascual is doing a decent number on sprints also right now at GP!!
Unforgettable Gal got a good ride to last by a neck at 17.40....

There is no way to describe what this fine female trainer has done for me this past many months. I hope some more of you guys have jumped aboard.
She sure knows how to get these claimers home first!!!!

All the best,

CapperLou

Doc
03-05-2005, 10:20 AM
The only horse I'm playing today is Potomac Falls (#9) in the 12th race today at Gulfstream...very juicy morning line odds of 10-1 on this Pascual piece. :)

speedking
04-15-2005, 01:38 PM
Nancy Triola is back at Woodbine on opening day. She has entered Wild Card Deck in the 9th and the morning line is 10/1. Last year she was 2/2 at this meet and both wins came with the same rider as today. Haven't looked at PP's or figs yet, but she always deserves strong consideration.

Speedking

cash2
05-04-2005, 08:42 PM
i couldn't resist. how about a bump to the thread that never dies! on tuesday Maria Pascual sent out Unforgettable Gal to win at Delaware. the horse went off at 8-1. this is the fifth straight win for the horse out of six starts since maria took over. the prices... 8-1,2.7-1,7.8-1,17.4-1, and 22.9-1!

all the races were sprints but the authorities tell us that she is a route specialist. NOT! Unforgettable Gal? Unbelievable trainer!

Turfday
05-04-2005, 09:57 PM
I started this thread to point out that these gals can TRAIN and many are overlooked (like Pascual) at big prices. And one of the reasons is that some of them don't start as many horses as the "big guys" so they still fly "under the radar."

CapperLou
05-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Cash:
Glad you had this one---I could not resist even though not a route--the big win at Gulfstream was in a sprint also.

Did anyone catch the nice win the other day at River Downs by Leana Basteda. Keep your eyes on her also--she does not run many, but has been very good to us too.

All the best,

CapperLou

hurrikane
05-05-2005, 05:16 PM
I'll take a minute to give thanks to Turf too.

The thing with Pascual (or any trainer) is not that she can't win at sprints. It's that her horses get bet down more often.
without getting too specific,

tTRK tTRN YEAR nDS #R #W Win% ToitWIN ROI ITM
DEL Pascual M 04 Spt 140 30 21.43% 192 $0.69 70
DEL Pascual M 04 Rt 190 40 21.05% 603 $1.59 90
DEL Pascual M 04 TR 25 0 0.00% 0 $0.00 10

If you break it out a little more specific you can get the sprints up to pos but really for a blind bet the routes are pretty good.

cash2
05-09-2005, 08:36 PM
thanks for the input, hurricane. a caveat to all... i'm at Del most days and i have yet to see Maria in the paddock. the guy who saddles her horses is the same as last year, but if Maria is around , i've missed her.

by the way, just want to point out that speedking's post on nancy triola at woodbine while not a winner, was still good stuff. horse ran second at big odds only to be beaten by a bomb. horse paid 12+ in the middle.

good luck to all

Turfday
05-10-2005, 02:37 PM
According to my Turfday.com database, doing a search for "last three years"....this means last 1,095 days back from today, May 10, 2005 AND MINIMUM 300 starts ....I have two new names to throw in the "hopper" for longshot female trainers:

(May 10, 2002 to May 9, 2005 time period)

MICHAELA NEUBAUER

355 starters /69 winners (19%) / 52% in-the-money / avg price winner 6/1

.....starts most of her horses at Woodbine and Fort Erie.....specialty sprints and routes, not turf

LYNNETT A. ASHBY (based on only 150 minimum starts)

154 starters /29 winnes (19%) / 45% in-the-money/ avg. price winner 7/1

.....starts most of her horses at Delaware...specialty is definitely sprints

cash2
05-11-2005, 08:24 PM
gee bob, if you want people to start scanning the pp's for lynnet ashby starters, you're wasting their time. i pointed out in post#7 on THIS VERY THREAD that she has married and now trains as Lynnet Hershbell.

you have a nice site and i use to poke around there in your early days. here's some more info... Kathy Crook, Kathy Crook-Demasi, Kathy Demasi, ...all the same person. get that data base squared away!

hurrikane
05-12-2005, 08:31 AM
hey Cash,
go easy man, it is not an easy thing keeping hundreds of thousands or races up to date man.

People names are without doubt the toughest.
Add to that trainers running horses under other trainers names and you have big problems.

That doesn't even touch the problem with owners.

thanks for the info, anyone else know of trainer name changes posting would be greatly appreciated.

Turfday
05-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Hi Cash,

Thanks for the info on Ashby. You are correct. However, we do not have a Kathy Crook in our database, only a Kathy Demasi.

These women trainers who get married and change their last name reeks havoc on database users.

CapperLou
05-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Cash & Turfday:

Hershbell is not listed under brisnet stable alert!!! Ashby is showing up with entries of late at Delaware!! I'm a little confused now!!

All the best,

CapperLou

P.S. Where is Hershbell with entries lately? When was last time she entered a horse under this name. I'll just put the name in my jcapper database and it will find any entries.

Turfday
05-12-2005, 01:31 PM
no message

bobhilo
05-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Lou and turfday

Ashby and Hershbell had entries in 5/15 Del 10th 6 mcl race?

2Anydaynow (VA)8/1 Alvaro J. Torres1224 CLA Lynn A. Ashby
3Dare To Dream Again (MD)6/1 Clyde W. Martin1224 CLA Lynn A. Ashby
4Harypotter (GA)4/1 Jennifer Bramblett1224 CLynnett A. Hershbell

starange ...are they the same person?

TJC
05-16-2005, 02:51 AM
In a previous post, cash2 stated, lynn and lynnet are mother and daughter and mostly train arabians. the daughter was marrried and now trains as lynnet hershbell.
By the way, one of Lynn's entries won and paid $19.20 in this maiden claimer for Arabians.

bobhilo
05-16-2005, 03:05 AM
thank for clearing it up