PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream Fountain of Youth racecard

linrom1
03-01-2017, 04:05 PM
This is an unbelievable program! There are thirteen races with 9 Stakes.

There is finally a P-4 carded with 4 best stake races in final race-day sequence; Fountain of Youth is the final race of the day.

Whoa!!!!!

It'll probably take a week to handicap this card? Curiously Pletcher is running Made You Look in the FoY? This is one of the better 3-year old Turf horses in the nation, so I have no idea what he is doing in this race on dirt?

Parkview_Pirate
03-01-2017, 04:26 PM
...It'll probably take a week to handicap this card? Curiously Pletcher is running Made You Look in the FoY? This is one of the better 3-year old Turf horses in the nation, so I have no idea what he is doing in this race on dirt?

May be a case of "Derby Fever". It's quite contagious.

Also, there's much more $$$$ to be made in dirt routes.

HuggingTheRail
03-01-2017, 07:19 PM

There is finally a P-4 carded with 4 best stake races in final race-day sequence; Fountain of Youth is the final race of the day.

Whoa!!!!!

It'll probably take a week to handicap this card? Curiously Pletcher is running Made You Look in the FoY? This is one of the better 3-year old Turf horses in the nation, so I have no idea what he is doing in this race on dirt?

A week? I'll have it handicapped by Sunday am! :popcorn:

Racey
03-03-2017, 02:24 AM
Should be a fun card at gulfstream 9 stakes what more can you ask for:cool:

arw629
03-03-2017, 06:13 PM
The bet of the day is :7: Bigger Picture in the 12th ....I'm hoping for 3-1 or more

I was putting together a late pick 4 ticket as well only 20 bucks for 50 cents hoping to catch a bomb in the first two legs but I'll have a nice win bet on Bigger Picture in the 12th
Race 10 :5::6::8::9::12:
Race 11: :1: -:8:
Race 12: :7:
Race 13: :8:

linrom1
03-05-2017, 12:27 PM
The wagering was kind of disappointing to me. The mutual pool for the day was only $27 million---this is light for the number of quality races they had.

Mr. Pick 5
03-05-2017, 12:49 PM

Whoa!!!!!

The wagering was kind of disappointing to me. The mutual pool for the day was only $27 million---this is light for the number of quality races they had.

A total chalk fest....im not quite sure what unbelievable program you were referring to...9 favorites, 2 second favorites, and 2 third favorites comprised the results of the 13 race card.....races this chalky can only attract so much handle and im actually rather surprised they got as much play as they actually did....year in and year out the fountain of youth day turns into chalk central....i dont know how you ever expected any different

lamboguy
03-05-2017, 01:02 PM
The wagering was kind of disappointing to me. The mutual pool for the day was only $27 million---this is light for the number of quality races they had.i thought the same, if you are looking for some big action, get your head wrapped around Hong Kong racing. they do about $27 million of handle per race every card they have twice a week. the action is great there, picking winners is another story!

CincyHorseplayer
03-05-2017, 01:46 PM
I have my success in stakes but overall I think they are chalk fests at the graded level.

cj
03-05-2017, 02:18 PM
I read that on a 13 race card the biggest P3 was $35.

The entire industry needs an overhaul when it comes to race writing.

Parkview_Pirate
03-05-2017, 05:01 PM
I read that on a 13 race card the biggest P3 was $35.

The entire industry needs an overhaul when it comes to race writing.

Agreed. Track secretaries focus on stakes to write up the "big card", but when it comes to betting stakes races often represent short fields and lotsa chalk. Racings' "biggest days" often turn into a major snoozefest.

They need to toss in those state-bred maiden claimers full of first time starters in between some of the stakes to increase the potential of larceny, err, increase payoffs....

cj
03-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Agreed. Track secretaries focus on stakes to write up the "big card", but when it comes to betting stakes races often represent short fields and lotsa chalk. Racings' "biggest days" often turn into a major snoozefest.

They need to toss in those state-bred maiden claimers full of first time starters in between some of the stakes to increase the potential of larceny, err, increase payoffs....

I'm not talking about anything like that. I'm talking about a complete overhaul of the race writing system. It is broken and doesn't fit with the horse population today. Horsemen will fight against it tooth and nail but eventually it is going to have to happen.

One example...we didn't need a three year old turf race at a mile for fillies and an open also. With some creativity, it could have been one field. There is no reason males and females can't race against each other. I have no problem splitting them up for elite, G1 races. But outside of that it really isn't necessary. The further down the class ladder you go the less necessary it is. At the maiden claiming level it is ridiculous to split them.

We also don't need all these conditions at the claiming level. You can even out the NW2, NW3, NW4, NW6M, etc with weight breaks and different claiming prices.

same race, do this:

10k claimer...NW4, 12.5, NW3, 15, NW2 20, NW6m 12.5

And so on. You work in weight breaks and suddenly you turn three or four shitty races into two good ones, probably really good---from a betting perspective.