PDA

View Full Version : Looking for systems testers in exchange for rights to systems

Bill Cullen
07-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Hi,

It seems patently obvious that I can't afford the money and the time to build a decent-sized repository of past performances and result charts. I have several fairly powerful systems that have consistently made me money but I have not always kept exact records. Now I want to configure some betting strategies that will maximize my profits with these systems but I need to determine the basic stats (ROI, impact value, winning percentage, number of plays per day, etc) in order to effect these betting strategies.

I would be happy to exchange the full rules of these systems to one person in exchange for their research results in testing these systems.

Thanks,

Bill Cullen

Bill Cullen
07-27-2004, 01:11 PM
As a sign of good faith and to attract system testers, I will be posting my best spot play's picks almost every day for ther next week or so in this thread:

Here are today's plays (only a play if the horse goes off at 4/1 or higher):

3 -Philadelphia- Thoroughbabe
3 -Suffolk-Nathan's Way
5-Suffolk-Wellfleet
1-River Downs-Blinkit
7-River Downs-Starina's Stripes
8-Fort Erie-Winter Whiskey

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Cullen
07-27-2004, 11:00 PM
System picks for Wednesay, 7-28-2004:

3rd race at Monmouth - Is that you

3 race at Suffolk - Betcha's Brat

6th race at Delmar - Cozy Guy

Remember, it's only a system pick at 4/1 or higher.

Thanks,

Bill Cullen

fishorsechess
07-28-2004, 03:13 AM
I remember I wrote to Phillips Racing Newsletter long ago
when Russ Dietrich was still alive. I mentioned to him
that I thought I had a winning method. He wrote to me
that he was anxious to know what it was.
--That he would know right away if it was any good or
not--- This because he has reviewed thousands of
books and systems.

I feel like I am in the same boat right now being a fairly
experience handicapper. Sometimes I would purchase
something through the mail and after thumbing
through it for less than 5 minutes know if its a turn
on or turn off.

Bill Cullen
07-28-2004, 10:30 AM
The opportunity to test the system is now closed. The position is now filled.

I will continue to post the system picks from time to time until I have posted at least fifty picks like I said I would.

Thanks,

Bill Cullen

fishorsechess
07-28-2004, 08:44 PM
at good odds. Not bad.

Bill Cullen
07-29-2004, 09:45 AM
Today's system picks for 7-29-2204 (remember, only at 4/1 or higher are they a system play):

3rd - Arlington- Illini Queen

9th Arlington - Iceanwater

2nd - Del Mar - Secret Caper

Bill Cullen
07-29-2004, 10:26 AM
Someone asked me why my system picks are only for some tracks and not others. The reason is that I use the Racing Form for the New York City region which I buy a hard copy of a few times a week.

If someone wants me to post system picks for other tracks not covered by the Racing Form for the New York City region, then they will have to get me access to other past performances for those other tracks. I would then gladly generate and post system picks for those other tracks as well.

By the way it takes me a good 20 minutes to cover half a dozen tracks, so there's some real work involved here if I start generating system picks for other tracks as well.

Thanks,

Bill Cullen

JustMissed
07-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Bill Cullen

By the way it takes me a good 20 minutes to cover half a dozen tracks, so there's some real work involved here if I start generating system picks for other tracks as well.

Thanks,

Bill Cullen

BOB, I've heard cappers called speed cappers because they primarily use speed figs, but if you can cap a race in about '20 seconds', your are the NUMBER ONE SPEED CAPPER.

JM;)

Bill Cullen
07-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by JustMissed
BOB, I've heard cappers called speed cappers because they primarily use speed figs, but if you can cap a race in about '20 seconds', your are the NUMBER ONE SPEED CAPPER.

JM;)

I supose one of the attractions of spot plays is there ease of use and quick applicability.

Bill C

Bill Cullen
07-30-2004, 09:25 AM
Remember: these are only system picks if they go off at 4/1 or higher.

5th race at Saratoga- Speckled Spice

7th race at Saratoga - Bishop Court Hill

8th at Finger Lakes - Atlantis Crusader

Special Note: The following horse does not technicaly meet all the system's rules (it falls short on one rule), The horse does meet the essential rules of the system (the rules that makes the system unique) and is so much in the spirit of what the system looks for that I have included the horse anyway. From my point of view the following horse is by far the best bet of the day of all four horses listed in this post.

9th race at Saratoga - Shesasmokin

hurrikane
07-30-2004, 09:54 AM
Bill,

doesn't really help you if you break the rules of your own system.

Any test you do will be meaningless if you are playing horses that don't fullfill all the rules but 'they fit the spirit' of the system.

Very hard to test spirit.

Bill Cullen
07-30-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by hurrikane@HTR
Bill,

doesn't really help you if you break the rules of your own system.

Any test you do will be meaningless if you are playing horses that don't fullfill all the rules but 'they fit the spirit' of the system.

Very hard to test spirit.

I personally don't limit my betting just to mechanical spot plays. I made the distinction so people can judge for themselves accordingly.

I am not testing the sytem through this thread. I am honoring my word about trying to post at least fifty selections (some selections wash out because they'll go of at less than4/1) even though I secured more than enough folks to test the system.

I'm not breaking any sytem rules or being dishonest since I've indicated that the horse in question is in fact Not a system selection. But it's damn close and the high odds and trainer intent I see revealed through the focus of this particular spot play make this horse (9th race at Saratoga - Sheasmokin) a prime bet for me.

Thanks,

Bill Cullen

hurrikane
07-30-2004, 12:38 PM
I'm not questioning your intent or honesty.

I just noticed you were posting system plays and then through in an 'out of system' horse.

No biggie..hope you hit em.

Bill Cullen
07-30-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by hurrikane@HTR
I'm not questioning your intent or honesty.

I just noticed you were posting system plays and then through in an 'out of system' horse.

No biggie..hope you hit em.

Hurrikane,

Everything's cool. I never doubted your intentions as anything less than honorable. Your post allowed me to respond to anyone who might have potentially misconstrued what I was saying.

More than anything else, I use this spot play to literally spot a horse where the trainer is keeping a low profile but still manages to let something slip that he's 'going' with the horse. If the horse satisfies the essential rules of the system, as opposed to the "tightening rules", and there is additional non-system evidence that the trainer might really score with the horse today, then I will seriously consider betting the horse if the odds are right.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Cullen
08-01-2004, 12:09 AM
system picks: Remember, it's only a system pick if 4/1 or higher.

3rd race at Saratoga- Heir D' Twine

4th race at Ellis - Rurd