PDA

View Full Version : looking for past performance files at a reasonable price

Bill Cullen
07-27-2004, 10:34 AM
Hi,

I'm looking for past performance files at a reasonable price. I contacted Brisnet and they say I can obtain their archive files for one dollar per track per day. That seems way too high to me. Am I supposed to fork out a hundred bucks to get a sample of approximately 1,000 races from a hundred tracks?Is there a cheaper place to buy pp files?

Also, can you but them at ebay or someplace online? Or from an individual seller?

Same goes for the results charts (Brisnet offered 50 cents a day per track ).

Thanks,

Bill Cullen

PMDIC
07-27-2004, 10:49 AM
try tsnhorse.com the pp's are .50 cents

BillW
07-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Bill,

TSN monthly data is $59. This is for all the (realtime) data you want including results files (and .pdf past performances if you wish).There is no cheap (Cheaper than ones mentioned) archive that I am aware of.

Bill

Bill Cullen
07-27-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by BillW
Bill,

TSN monthly data is $59. This is for all the (realtime) data you want including results files (and .pdf past performances if you wish).There is no cheap (Cheaper than ones mentioned) archive that I am aware of.

Bill

Bill W,

Does it come down to that, for one month at $59, you can have as much data as fast as you can download it?

Thanks,

Bill Cullen

JimG
07-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cullen
Bill W,

Does it come down to that, for one month at $59, you can have as much data as fast as you can download it?

Thanks,

Bill Cullen

That is correct.

BillW
07-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Bill Cullen
Bill W,

Thanks,

Bill Cullen

My post may have not been totally clear. This is REAL time data (data for today, not historical). This is not an archive. But if you are collecting 25-30 tracks worth of data it is cheaper than the 50 cent files.

I DO NOT know of any cheaper archive than the ones mentioned.

Bill Cullen
07-27-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by BillW
My post may have not been totally clear. This is REAL time data (data for today, not historical). This is not an archive. But if you are collecting 25-30 tracks worth of data it is cheaper than the 50 cent files.

I DO NOT know of any cheaper archive than the ones mentioned.

Thanks for the clarification, Bill.

i think you're on the right track:

25 tracks a day X 10 races a day X 30 days = 7500 races

For 59 bucks for a month that sounds like the best deal around.

thanks,

Bill Cullen

Charlie Judge
07-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Track Judge offers reports and comma delimited files for $139 per month, all tracks, every day. In August of 2003, there were 774 cards available which works out to .17 per card.

In January, 396 cards were available which is .35 per card. The results charts are available at no extra cost in text and comma delimited format.

CAJ

Bill Cullen
07-27-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Charlie Judge
Track Judge offers reports and comma delimited files for $139 per month, all tracks, every day. In August of 2003, there were 774 cards available which works out to .17 per card.

In January, 396 cards were available which is .35 per card. The results charts are available at no extra cost in text and comma delimited format.

CAJ

Thanks, Charlie.

Bill C

BillW
07-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Charlie Judge

CAJ

The above referenced $59 is for all tracks too ... there are just not that many more than 25 - 30 running at any time worth getting. I typically get the ones listed in the DRF Simulcast weekly.

BTW, I don not work for TSN, only use their product. I did not intend on turning this thread into a commercial.

Bill