PDA

View Full Version : Will Republicans Sweep Treason Under The Rug?

Pages : [1] 2

maddog42
02-27-2017, 05:48 PM
http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/2/26/1637660/-On-Tuesday-House-Republicans-Will-Betray-Their-Oaths-Their-Country-And-The-American-People?Detail=facebook

OntheRail
02-27-2017, 05:52 PM
:rolleyes:

Inner Dirt
02-27-2017, 05:56 PM
You would think liberals would get dehydrated from crying so much over the election, when is it going to stop?

mostpost
02-27-2017, 06:05 PM
You would think liberals would get dehydrated from crying so much over the election, when is it going to stop?
According to the rules currently in place, Trump won the election and there is no changing that. Also, it is impossible to quantify the influence of the Russian hacking on the election. Yes there was hacking and yes it did influence the election.

We don't know, for sure, to what extent the Trump campaign was involved. The problem, if the Daily Kos story is correct, is that the Republicans will refuse to investigate the matter. If they have nothing to hide, why are they hiding it?

johnhannibalsmith
02-27-2017, 06:05 PM
Nah, that's one thing that they've proven as competent at as conservatives have been for the last eight.

tucker6
02-27-2017, 06:12 PM
According to the rules currently in place, Trump won the election and there is no changing that. Also, it is impossible to quantify the influence of the Russian hacking on the election. Yes there was hacking and yes it did influence the election.

We don't know, for sure, to what extent the Trump campaign was involved. The problem, if the Daily Kos story is correct, is that the Republicans will refuse to investigate the matter. If they have nothing to hide, why are they hiding it?

If Hillary and the dems weren't so scummy, no amount of hacking would have changed the results. Weren't the Russians acting as whistle blowers here? As we know, Dems have always protected whistle blowers against the seedy side of society.

Unless of course you don't feel compelled to clean the Dems dirty laundry.

maddog42
02-27-2017, 06:20 PM

I agree that we don't know if it is treason. They are acting like there is something to hide. If they colluded with the russians to hack this election or
are paying off a blackmail debt, then it is treason.

JustRalph
02-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Send Jill Stein 4 million again.....she'll investigate for you

VigorsTheGrey
02-27-2017, 07:06 PM
Sad to say, but can any of us really trust any of the Intelligence services...these are the same guys who made secret agreements with all the important computer/ telecoms to have the capability to spy on practically anyone in the world, anytime, and store all the info in huge cloud complexes for future evaluation....that is the treason people should continue to talk about....if it wasn't for Edward Snowden blowing the cover on this travesty of government overreach, hardly anyone would have ever known...No private communication is secure anymore from the prying eyes of the state...

Tom
02-27-2017, 07:06 PM
The only think that affected the election was the truth.

Time to stop all of the :rant:

fast4522
02-27-2017, 07:18 PM
I agree that we don't know if it is treason. They are acting like there is something to hide. If they colluded with the russians to hack this election or

You should get yourself a life, if there is nothing that can be found it is sure there will be no time wasted just for your ideology. One year from now we will have a real measure of this administration.

boxcar
02-27-2017, 07:23 PM

Did you know that the Russians hacked the Oscars last night? You know about the fiasco that went on, right?

riskman
02-27-2017, 07:28 PM

The dems want war with Russia. They are now the war party.
The Dems can prepare an invasion plan for the JCS to invade Russia.That should make them happy. Mad Dog and Mosty can lead the charge.

chadk66
02-27-2017, 07:34 PM
:lol: Ah the smell of butt hurt in the air. Yea the Russians sure influenced the election, right up to the point where they won Hillary the popular vote :pound:

boxcar
02-27-2017, 07:55 PM
The dems want war with Russia. They are now the war party.
The Dems can prepare an invasion plan for the JCS to invade Russia.That should make them happy. Mad Dog and Mosty can lead the charge.

The U.S. can always justify a preemptive nuke attack on the intel that the Ruskies have WMDs.

reckless
02-27-2017, 08:10 PM
Did you know that the Russians hacked the Oscars last night? You know about the fiasco that went on, right?

Not sure if the Russians hacked the Oscars boxcar but I got this on good authority from a good 'friend' who works at Price Waterhouse:

La La Land got 63 million votes for Best Picture, while Moonlight only received 60 million. :lol:

chadk66
02-27-2017, 08:27 PM
The U.S. can always justify a preemptive nuke attack on the intel that the Ruskies have WMDs.yes because the lefties always claim Putin is a WMD

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-27-2017, 09:49 PM
http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/2/26/1637660/-On-Tuesday-House-Republicans-Will-Betray-Their-Oaths-Their-Country-And-The-American-People?Detail=facebook

When I saw the thread start with Republicans Sweep. I thought for sure you were talking about Congressional Elections and the White House.

barn32
02-27-2017, 09:57 PM
"Try to imagine the reaction of Republicans if the proverbial shoe were on the other foot--if Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, or some similar Democrat had been tainted with strong evidence of collaborating with the Russians to win the election. And if, following that, they refused to divulge their financial ties or their campaign’s contacts with the Russian state.* Imagine if their denials turned out time and time again to be outright lies. And then just try to imagine the Democrats in Congress deliberately refusing to investigate such accusations.

The Republicans would call it Treason. And they’d be right."

True dat.

VigorsTheGrey
02-27-2017, 10:06 PM
The Left has always collaborated with the Communists...in fact the Left PRODUCED the Communists...Now that Russia is no longer Communist, the Left no longer supports the Russians...this proves beyond a doubt that the Left is Communist and always has been...

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-27-2017, 10:40 PM
"Try to imagine the reaction of Republicans if the proverbial shoe were on the other foot--if Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, or some similar Democrat had been tainted with strong evidence of collaborating with the Russians to win the election. And if, following that, they refused to divulge their financial ties or their campaign’s contacts with the Russian state.* Imagine if their denials turned out time and time again to be outright lies. And then just try to imagine the Democrats in Congress deliberately refusing to investigate such accusations.

True dat.

Except the treasonous hacking happened during the Obama administration. The hacking in question, now, had zero impact on national security. It only proved that the Democrats were lying, conniving, low life scum.

PaceAdvantage
02-27-2017, 10:45 PM

True dat.What exactly is this "strong evidence" of collaborating with the Russians to win the election? This is a serious question. Lay it all out. Show me the money.

maddog42
02-28-2017, 06:23 AM
What exactly is this "strong evidence" of collaborating with the Russians to win the election? This is a serious question. Lay it all out. Show me the money.

Most Republicans don't want to investigate. Do you think Flynn was fired for nothing?

PaceAdvantage
02-28-2017, 06:24 AM
Most Republicans don't want to investigate. Do you think Flynn was fired for nothing?So, as of now, there is no strong evidence.

tucker6
02-28-2017, 06:42 AM
Most Republicans don't want to investigate. Do you think Flynn was fired for nothing?

Flynn was fired for lying to his boss, who then lost confidence in Flynn's trustworthiness. It had nothing substantive to do with discussing sanctions with the Russians. In fact, it is and was perfectly legal for Flynn to have talked to the Russians about almost anything, but when your top spook isn't being truthful about what he discussed and you're left reading about it in the papers, then that IS a problem.

Whether dem or gop, I not only don't see fire with this story, I don't even see the smoke. I can say this without a doubt though. The public at large is already getting weary of protests and calls for impeachment and the Russian hacking thing and obstruction within the govt. The dems are on dangerous ground and need to be careful or they will truly be labeled unamerican and have the label stick. You have to do more than be a PITA if you want to be relevant long term. I know it feels good to obstruct and just be generally nasty, but it's not a winner as time goes on.

rastajenk
02-28-2017, 07:34 AM
This Treason line of thought is total crap. It's just another bullshit message sent from the Mothership down to the operatives for further agitation. I've seen this feeler put out there a couple weeks ago, it just took the Daily Kostic longer to get around to it. For one, treason is defined in the Constitution as aiding and abetting the enemy; you can look up the exact wording. Russia is not the enemy; we are not at war with them. It may be a world geopolitical rival; it may have methods and ideals that are not in alignment with those of the US. But it is not the enemy (in fact, it can be and has been a partner in many situations), so just stop right there.

If anything, by the logic of those perpetuating this notion of treason, Obama and his canoodling with Iran would be much more treasonous behavior. I don't remember Dem/Libs getting all patriotic then.

As to the linked article itself, the writer several times quotes Jonathan Chait, who is the self-elected President of the Obama Buttlickers Society for Life. It also is based on the hypothetical of how it would look if the parties were reversed; in the paragraph above, I just explained how you don't need a hypothetical when you've got real evidence. Real, inconvenient evidence.

This is the kind of thing that goes on with "fake news" sites, and the Kostics lap it up without question. But they consider themselves the smart ones.

Fager Fan
02-28-2017, 07:41 AM

True dat.

I've never seen the close ties. I think all of this is bogus, just hopes by the Dems that this sticks. We know Hillary got paid to play yet nothing but crickets.

It's really simple. Someone hacked into the emails of one person in the DNC. Because he was stupid enough to fall for a common hack scam. No one else with the DNC and no one at the RNC fell for it, hence why only this one person's emails were disclosed. It's as simple as that. It sure wasn't any real election tampering. It was releasing embarrassing truths.

Fager Fan
02-28-2017, 07:43 AM
Obama trying to harm the current President, and therefore the country, is what could be considered betraying your country.

tucker6
02-28-2017, 07:58 AM
Obama trying to harm the current President, and therefore the country, is what could be considered betraying your country.

Obama isn't betraying his true loyalties though. His country is #17 on his priority list, and I'm not really sure it's that high.

reckless
02-28-2017, 08:12 AM
If Michael Flynn or any other member of President Trump's administration did anything remotely close to committing treason, the villains in the intelligence community would have already leaked some of this behavior many times over to their willing fellow travelers in the press and media.

Who we kidding here? There's nothing to sweep under the rug.

barn32
02-28-2017, 08:42 AM
You are about to witness a first on Pace Advantage:

True dat.The bolded part is of course true, however:

What exactly is this "strong evidence" of collaborating with the Russians to win the election? This is a serious question. Lay it all out. Show me the money.I can't. It looks like you got me good on that one!

boxcar
02-28-2017, 09:19 AM
I can't. It looks like you got me good on that one!

No case = Case Closed! Nothing to see in this thread, except the content of leftists' pipe dreams.

delayjf
02-28-2017, 11:10 AM
The Left has always collaborated with the Communists..

The Chinagate scandal comes to mind, anyone remember Chinagate.

The 1996 United States campaign finance controversy was an alleged effort by the People's Republic of China to influence domestic American politics prior to and during the Clinton administration and also involved the fund-raising practices of the administration itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_United_States_campaign_finance_controversy

boxcar
02-28-2017, 11:59 AM
The Chinagate scandal comes to mind, anyone remember Chinagate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_United_States_campaign_finance_controversy

And there was even a worse scandal than Chinagate. Anyone remember Ted Kennedy? Yeah...the DEMOCRAT Ted Kennedy! A London Times reporter, not too long ago, unearthed a nice bit of very dirty laundry on Ted and how this mighty fine, upstanding, patriotic senator sent an aide to Moscow to secretly meet with high ranking Russian officials to try to cut a quid pro quo deal with a scheme on how the Russians could thwart Reagan's re-election bid in 1984 in exchange for Kennedy's counsel/help on how Russia could sell its nuclear disarmament goals to the American people over American airwaves. And remember: All this was at the height at the cold WAR with Russia -- when the U.S.S.R. was really perceived as a true enemy of the U.S. This is what makes this current Democrat-contrived fiasco with Russia all the more laughably absurd.

theotherside
02-28-2017, 12:35 PM
The daily Kos is an extreme left pile of garbage that will say anything to push their progressive left agenda,It cannot be used as a source of legitimate information.I find it interesting that the perceived Russian influence of our election is that they were the supposed source of the Wikileaks that exposed the corruption of the DNC and the E-mail debacle and corruption of Hillary Clinton.So your not mad that the candidate and the party you supported was shown to be corrupt,Your mad because it was exposed! Incredible!

boxcar
02-28-2017, 12:46 PM
The daily Kos is an extreme left pile of garbage that will say anything to push their progressive left agenda,It cannot be used as a source of legitimate information.I find it interesting that the perceived Russian influence of our election is that they were the supposed source of the Wikileaks that exposed the corruption of the DNC and the E-mail debacle and corruption of Hillary Clinton.So your not mad that the candidate and the party you supported was shown to be corrupt,Your mad because it was exposed! Incredible!

Barn is just a good, obedient, slavish mind-numbed, robotic servant following his ex-Muslim-in-Chief's orders to not focus on the content of those emails. Far better to focus on the hackers.

NJ Stinks
02-28-2017, 12:50 PM
So, as of now, there is no strong evidence.

Blind justice suits you?

Or do you want to find out why Flynn bowed out abruptly?

The GOP cried forever about getting to the "bottom" of what happened in Benghazi. So far the GOP has no curiosity about Flynn and no curiosity as to why the father of a U.S. Navy SEAL killed in the Yemen raid wants an investigation into the reasons why Trump ordered the raid after one week in office.

Not sure you guys realize it but you can't sell the gift of 20/20 vision while driving with no lights on through a tunnel. :rolleyes:

tucker6
02-28-2017, 01:27 PM
Blind justice suits you?

The GOP cried forever about getting to the "bottom" of what happened in Benghazi. So far the GOP has no curiosity about Flynn and no curiosity as to why the father of a U.S. Navy SEAL killed in the Yemen raid wants an investigation into the reasons why Trump ordered the raid after one week in office.

Not sure you guys realize it but you can't sell the gift of 20/20 vision while driving with no lights on through a tunnel. :rolleyes:
Flynn bowed out? I thought he was invited to the door. If any one of us did something and then lied to the boss about it, you can be sure firing is an option on the table. Strong leaders use that tool. Others do not, and give second chances. Flynn lied, which as we know is often far worse than the actual deed. I say deed because talking to the Russians about anything was not a crime.

boxcar
02-28-2017, 01:31 PM
Blind justice suits you?

Perhaps if you wish harder than ever for evidence, you'll find some. Think of it as you sitting on the crapper wishing (and pushing) with all your might to take a dump that would relieve you of your chronic constipation. If you manage to extricate something from your bowels, the evidence in the bowl proves your effort was successful. Methinks your toilet bowl will produce the evidence you so earnestly desire long before anyone finds real evidence of collusion between Trump campaign and those pesky Ruskies.

davew
02-28-2017, 01:39 PM
The Republicans are still working on the treason involving Clinton, 0bama, and Kerry. Once they are done with that the will have a bunch of time for other stuff like Elijah Cummings using the IRS to harass tea party groups.

MargieRose
02-28-2017, 02:27 PM
Well, what about this? Fake news or real? :confused:

February 21, 2017

Intel Reports Confirm: Obama Sold US Secrets to N. Korea | The Underground Report (http://undergroundnewsreport.com/the-truth/intel-reports-confirm-obama-sold-us-secrets-to-n-korea/)

A shocking development Monday morning, as sources within the CIA and Department of Homeland Security say they now have conclusive evidence that former President, Barack Hussein Obama, sold US intelligence and military secrets to incumbent North Korean leader, Kim Jong Un.

CIA director, Mike Pompeo commented, “It’s an ongoing investigation and I’ll need to hold back further comment until an indictment is issued”.

When asked if an indictment is like at this point, Pomeo responded, “I don’t want to give too much information but we can say at this point multiple indictments are a virtual certainty”.

With Pompeo’s statements, although limited in content, one must assume that president Obama’s best days are likely behind him.

http://undergroundnewsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/obama-kim-jong-un-reuters-640x480.jpg (http://undergroundnewsreport.com/the-truth/intel-reports-confirm-obama-sold-us-secrets-to-n-korea/)

boxcar
02-28-2017, 02:38 PM

February 21, 2017

Intel Reports Confirm: Obama Sold US Secrets to N. Korea | The Underground Report (http://undergroundnewsreport.com/the-truth/intel-reports-confirm-obama-sold-us-secrets-to-n-korea/)

A shocking development Monday morning, as sources within the CIA and Department of Homeland Security say they now have conclusive evidence that former President, Barack Hussein Obama, sold US intelligence and military secrets to incumbent North Korean leader, Kim Jong Un.

CIA director, Mike Pompeo commented, “It’s an ongoing investigation and I’ll need to hold back further comment until an indictment is issued”.

When asked if an indictment is like at this point, Pomeo responded, “I don’t want to give too much information but we can say at this point multiple indictments are a virtual certainty”.

With Pompeo’s statements, although limited in content, one must assume that president Obama’s best days are likely behind him.

http://undergroundnewsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/obama-kim-jong-un-reuters-640x480.jpg (http://undergroundnewsreport.com/the-truth/intel-reports-confirm-obama-sold-us-secrets-to-n-korea/)

Wouldn't surprise me in the the least. Dems have long courted communists -- well, except when a communist nation is made the scapegoat for hacking an election the Dems lost. :rolleyes:

Greyfox
02-28-2017, 03:58 PM
No case = Case Closed! Nothing to see in this thread, except the content of leftists' pipe dreams.

Exactly right.:ThmbUp:

Conversations between private citizens and Russians is not against the law.
Even if the Trump campaign team was in touch with the Russians every day there is no law against it.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/cnn-host-pushes-trump-treason-conspiracy-theories/

tucker6
02-28-2017, 04:31 PM

If Obama had a son, he'd look just like ...

boxcar
02-28-2017, 05:00 PM
If Obama had a son, he'd look just like ...

Like father, like son. Both are smokers. And that is just the very tip of the gigantic iceberg of commonality they shared.

boxcar
02-28-2017, 05:14 PM

Even if the Trump campaign team was in touch with the Russians every day there is no law against it.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/cnn-host-pushes-trump-treason-conspiracy-theories/

This is why I'm asking a friend of mine who is going to Europe soon to stop off in Moscow. I want him to find out from the Russians how I can hack horse races. :jump::jump:

maddog42
02-28-2017, 05:21 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/21/opinion/trumps-russia-motives.html?_r=0

OntheRail
02-28-2017, 05:38 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/21/opinion/trumps-russia-motives.html?_r=0

When an article uses this word "conspiracy".... you know what it lacks?

FACTS and SUBSTANCE.

Where were all the Liberal Snowflakes melting down over this... :rant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JpPU-SwcbE

Not a peep from them nor you as I recall..

Tom
02-28-2017, 09:19 PM

True dat.

False dat.
Get a life.
Try e Bay.

maddog42
03-02-2017, 07:33 AM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/01/us/politics/obama-trump-russia-election-hacking.html

boxcar
03-02-2017, 08:20 AM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/01/us/politics/obama-trump-russia-election-hacking.html

Be sure to let us know when you find a smoking gun, will ya? And try to find it from a source that doesn't specialize in fake news.

reckless
03-02-2017, 08:21 AM
If I were King for a Day I'd get to the bottom of this Russian story real quick.

I'd start by first getting hold of the illegal server of Hillary Clinton. And I know where Chappaqua, NY is too!

I'd also get the phone records/emails of one Barry Soetoro, the aforementioned villainess Hillary Clinton, the despicable John Podesta, and anyone else I suspect to have been part of the evil anti-America cabal that ran this government since 2008.

davew
03-02-2017, 08:40 AM
If I were King for a Day I'd get to the bottom of this Russian story real quick.

I'd start by first getting hold of the illegal server of Hillary Clinton. And I know where Chappaqua, NY is too!

I'd also get the phone records/emails of one Barry Soetoro, the aforementioned villainess Hillary Clinton, the despicable John Podesta, and anyone else I suspect to have been part of the evil anti-America cabal that ran this government since 2008.

You probably should also include Hillary's hubby Bill - the 2 of them sold secrets and access to both the Russians and Chinese.

reckless
03-02-2017, 08:51 AM
You probably should also include Hillary's hubby Bill - the 2 of them sold secrets and access to both the Russians and Chinese.

So true and so true.

When Bubba was running for re-election in 1996 word got out he sold technology and military secrets to the Chinese for campaign donations. Of course, critics were scolded by the liberal media and we were told: 'How dare you suggest the President would compromise national security for campaign donations.'

Yet, who hacked the DNC -- probably the Chinese. Who sells military technology to enemies of the USA -- probably the Chinese.

Who sold out our National Security to the Russians, the Saudis and other evil enemies of the USA for campaign donations -- Hillary, of course.

Hell isn't coming fast enough for both of the Clintons plus that horror show coming real soon: Chelsey Hubbell Clinton.

davew
03-02-2017, 09:59 AM
and the more the dimocrats yell about the current administration, the worse it looks for them. It seems to be part of their playbook, accuse the others of doing what you are doing...

maddog42
03-02-2017, 10:49 AM
Why are they lying or misleading about the Russian Connection? First Flynn and now Sessions? What are they hiding?

davew
03-02-2017, 10:53 AM
Why are they lying or misleading about the Russian Connection? First Flynn and now Sessions? What are they hiding?

Hillary got money from the Russians.

mostpost
03-02-2017, 11:32 AM

February 21, 2017

What is pathetic is that you have to ask that question. The perpetrator of that website believes that the Boston Marathon Bombing and Sandy Hook were false flag operations and and that the Pulse nightclub shootings in Orlando were carried out by the CIA. The whole thing is made up including the quotes from Pompeo.

johnhannibalsmith
03-02-2017, 11:35 AM
... The whole thing is made up including the quotes from Pompeo.

What about the quote provided from Pomeo?

mostpost
03-02-2017, 11:54 AM

There is a law against it. Mukasey even referenced it. It's called the Logan Act.

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply, himself or his agent, to any foreign government or the agents thereof for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 744; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(K), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

Flynn, and most likely, other Trump campaign officials, talked to Russian government officials before the inauguration. Therefore, they did not have the authority of the United States. That is a violation of the Logan act.

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2017, 11:55 AM
Yes, but, good luck proving this:

"with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

Without the above, there is no Logan Act violation.

OntheRail
03-02-2017, 12:02 PM

Yes what are they trying to hide... I mean the Dem's are fanning the flame on a damp pile of leaves... to create smoke... lots of smoke.

What are they trying to hide... what are they afraid the NEW Administration and AG will find as the swamp drains. :coffee:

mostpost
03-02-2017, 12:10 PM
What about the quote provided from Pomeo?
The quote is fictitious. Google " “I don’t want to give too much information but we can say at this point multiple indictments are a virtual certainty”.

Tell me how many hits you get. I got zero.

Greyfox
03-02-2017, 12:23 PM
There is a law against it. Mukasey even referenced it. It's called the Logan Act.

1. The Logan Act is so weak that no one has ever been prosecuted with it since 1793.

2. Mukasey clearly stated NO LAW HAS BEEN BROKEN.
If the Trump campaign wanted to collude with the Russians every day about Hillary Clinton, no law would be broken.

You just don't get it, and never will.

woodtoo
03-02-2017, 12:32 PM
Yes what are they trying to hide... I mean the Dem's are fanning the flame on a damp pile of leaves... to create smoke... lots of smoke.

What are they trying to hide... what are they afraid the NEW Administration and AG will find as the swamp drains. :coffee:

They will soon be putting out the fire with gasoline, only to find it blowing up right where it should.
Russia,Russia, Russia it is against the law to speak or look towards Russia
but fine for slick willy to meet the Attorney General on a tarmac.:pound:

mostpost
03-02-2017, 12:33 PM
Yes, but, good luck proving this:

"with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."

Without the above, there is no Logan Act violation.
You certainly won't prove it if you don't have an investigation. That's what an investigation is for. And you won't prove it if the only purpose of your investigation is to prove that no investigation is needed.

If there is a violation, there are plenty of ways to prove it.

mostpost
03-02-2017, 12:47 PM
1. The Logan Act is so weak that no one has ever been prosecuted with it since 1793.
Since it was passed in 1799, that is probably not true. In fact only one person has been indicted and none prosecuted. That does not mean no one can be prosecuted.

What he said was, "Where is the crime?" Which ignores the fact that you need an investigation to determine if there is a crime and which law has been broken.

Then he said that colluding with Russia to find dirt on Hillary Clinton was not a crime. Which may be true, or may not. The crime comes in using that information to influence the results of the election.

If the Trump campaign wanted to collude with the Russians every day about Hillary Clinton, no law would be broken.

You are right, I don't get it and I never will. I don't get the idiocy you post here, and I never will. Which makes me feel real good about myself.

boxcar
03-02-2017, 12:49 PM
You certainly won't prove it if you don't have an investigation. That's what an investigation is for. And you won't prove it if the only purpose of your investigation is to prove that no investigation is needed.

I'm amazed that you have abandoned your ex-anointed Muslim-in-Chief. On his watch -- when he was still our fearless leader -- Obama denied any hacking of the election.. No Conspiracy. No evidence that the Ruskies tampered with the votes, etc.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/12/13/obama-crushes-conspiracy-no-evidence-russia-tampered-votes-election/

MargieRose
03-02-2017, 02:47 PM
What is pathetic is that you have to ask that question. The perpetrator of that website believes that the Boston Marathon Bombing and Sandy Hook were false flag operations and and that the Pulse nightclub shootings in Orlando were carried out by the CIA. The whole thing is made up including the quotes from Pompeo.
So you say, but I demand an investigation...we MUST get to the bottom of this! :headbanger:

Trump should be "impeached;" Sessions must "resign;" and on and on and on...Dems grasping for a lifeline at every turn. I see..."Rats in a barrel and the hunger is starting to get overwhelming."

At this point, I don't give a rat's ass about what Russia may or may not have tried to do, regarding the election or anything else. If they were in any way able to hack into our cyber systems, it is the fault of our own Homeland Security...fix the vulnerabilities and MOVE ON! I'm very much more concerned with getting on with the domestic business of our government. Dems must STOP the self-serving, fabricated delays!! This not government for either of the parties; this is government FOR THE PEOPLE...get it straight!!

NJ Stinks
03-02-2017, 03:23 PM
So you say, but I demand an investigation...we MUST get to the bottom of this! :headbanger:

Trump should be "impeached;" Sessions must "resign;" and on and on and on...Dems grasping for a lifeline at every turn. I see..."Rats in a barrel and the hunger is starting to get overwhelming."

At this point, I don't give a rat's ass about what Russia may or may not have tried to do, regarding the election or anything else. If they were in any way able to hack into our cyber systems, it is the fault of our own Homeland Security...fix the vulnerabilities and MOVE ON! I'm very much more concerned with getting on with the domestic business of our government. Dems must STOP the self-serving, fabricated delays!! This not government for either of the parties; this is government FOR THE PEOPLE...get it straight!!

Not "At this point". When you mean "at no point" did or do you give a rat's ass if Russia influenced a US presidential election. Because you got what you wanted? Because the ends justify the means?

I guess you think of yourself as a real Breitbart/FOX News American patriot. :lol:

Pathetic.

davew
03-02-2017, 03:38 PM

What good is an investigation if all the dim witnesses 'plead the fifth'.

OntheRail
03-02-2017, 04:03 PM
Not "At this point". When you mean "at no point" did or do you give a rat's ass if Russia influenced a US presidential election. Because you got what you wanted? Because the ends justify the means?

It's the Democrats way...

I guess you think of yourself as a real Breitbart/FOX News American patriot. :lol:

Pathetic.

The Dem's pulled out so much crap and threw it at the wall... anything to win... including torpedoing Sanders.

They hate the fact that the FACTS of their doing, anything to win, ends justifies the means... was outed. And have lost their minds.

Now the Dem's sound like Tattoo of Fantasy Island... but instead of pointing and yelling De Plane... De Plane. They are runnin' around pointing and yelling Da Russians... Da Russians. :pound:

woodtoo
03-02-2017, 04:06 PM
What good is an investigation if all the dim witnesses 'plead the fifth'.

Maybe if they drink a fifth Mosty will read their lips. He is so much smarter
than everyone.:pound:

HalvOnHorseracing
03-02-2017, 04:21 PM
Whatever you believe about the Russians influence on the recent election, their efforts are not likely a one off. Once they gain a foothold, whatever dirty tricks they have in their arsenal will only escalate. That's their usual MO, if you believe places like Ukraine.

The issue for some people is who said what to whom and when two months ago. My issue is, how do we stop the Russians from interfering in our business in the future. They will be opportunistic and they won't worry about our party politics.

woodtoo
03-02-2017, 04:31 PM
The real reason for going after Sessions is he is digging up dirt that bad people want remaining quiet. Heads are about to roll inside Deep State(swamp).
Over 1500 pedophiles have been arrested since Pres. Trump was elected and before Sessions confirmation. Pres. Trump has mentioned the horrific
sex trafficking going on, the DHS released an ad video on Feb.4 showing a man walking in front of a pizza place (sign). This video is on Youtube titled
DHS Human Trafficking Video.
A cornered animal will do anything for survival, that is what is on display here.
A last gasp to remain. Period.
This has nothing to do with Russia or Russians.

MargieRose
03-02-2017, 04:32 PM

Pathetic.
I said what I mean and mean what I said...no gray area to "guess" about.

What IS "pathetic" (twice now insulted by a Demo) is YOU portending that you can read my mind.

AGAIN...I see..."Rats in a barrel and the hunger is starting to get overwhelming." Pathetic! ;)

woodtoo
03-02-2017, 04:42 PM
The real reason for going after Sessions is he is digging up dirt that bad people want remaining quiet. Heads are about to roll inside Deep State(swamp).
Over 1500 pedophiles have been arrested since Pres. Trump was elected and before Sessions confirmation. Pres. Trump has mentioned the horrific
sex trafficking going on, the DHS released an ad video on Feb.4 showing a man walking in front of a pizza place (sign). This video is on Youtube titled
DHS Human Trafficking Video.
A cornered animal will do anything for survival, that is what is on display here.
A last gasp to remain. Period.
This has nothing to do with Russia or Russians.

Can some one please link video.;)

MargieRose
03-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Can some one please link video.;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNkl4B7rvHY

PaceAdvantage
03-02-2017, 04:48 PM
(This message is for Greyfox, who deleted his last attempt to post a YouTube video):

Don't use the embed link...just copy the link from your browser if you want to post a YouTube video...or you can copy the share link when you click SHARE on the YouTube page/video. But if you try and use the EMBED link, it won't work. The message board here does its own embedding based off the actual link to the video.

woodtoo
03-02-2017, 05:54 PM
Thank you MargieRose :ThmbUp:

Greyfox
03-02-2017, 06:12 PM
(This message is for Greyfox, who deleted his last attempt to post a YouTube video):

Don't use the embed link...just copy the link from your browser if you want to post a YouTube video...or you can copy the share link when you click SHARE on the YouTube page/video. But if you try and use the EMBED link, it won't work. The message board here does its own embedding based off the actual link to the video.
Thank you. :ThmbUp:

MargieRose
03-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Thank you MargieRose :ThmbUp:

You're welcome, Woodtoo. :)

woodtoo
03-02-2017, 07:07 PM
You will never guess who was sitting and chatting with the Dems at Pres.
Trumps speech...Russian Ambassador Kislyak.

Brit Hume tweet "The last time I was in Senate dining room, Feinstein was having lunch with Russian amb. I never gave it a second thought" March 2
and
On CNN Diane Feinstein describes meetings with Russian Ambassador
"I believe he's been in my office from time to time"

Yes this is a big nothing burger folks.
Time to investigate this torrid affair that's been going on right under our noses.

davew
03-02-2017, 07:24 PM
You will never guess who was sitting and chatting with the Dems at Pres.
Trumps speech...Russian Ambassador Kislyak.

Brit Hume tweet "The last time I was in Senate dining room, Feinstein was having lunch with Russian amb. I never gave it a second thought" March 2
and
On CNN Diane Feinstein describes meetings with Russian Ambassador
"I believe he's been in my office from time to time"

Yes this is a big nothing burger folks.
Time to investigate this torrid affair that's been going on right under our noses.

Feinstein needs to resign

Tom
03-04-2017, 10:43 AM

Ironic, 1793 is where the last election put today's DNC. :pound::pound::pound:

maddog42
03-05-2017, 09:15 AM
Does Putin call the shots in the good old USA?

woodtoo
03-06-2017, 10:15 AM
Just so you know who bunkered up with the Obamas'.

I am a Iranian by birth and of my Islamic faith. I am also an America Citizen and I hope to help change America to be a more Islamic country.
My faith guides me and I feel like it is going well in the transition of using
freedom of religion in America against itself.
Valerie Jarrett Stanford U 1977

I know its been years but she has sadly accomplished much!

woodtoo
03-06-2017, 11:03 AM
This has been debunked by Snopes....so it may be true.

FantasticDan
03-06-2017, 11:10 AM
:jump::ThmbUp::jump::ThmbUp:

rastajenk
03-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Who could have predicted in the intervening 60 years or so that McCarthyism could be so turned upside down?

woodtoo
03-06-2017, 11:44 AM
:jump::ThmbUp::jump::ThmbUp:

So you are all in with this now Dan?

Tom
03-06-2017, 06:36 PM

Her did, during Obama's term.
Remember Obama telling his he could be more flexible after the election?

Your turn - post us a video that show TRUMP talking to Putin like that.
You must have one, right, MR. ALLTALKNOWALK?:pound::pound::pound:

maddog42
03-07-2017, 04:37 PM

Here is the video you wanted.Putin shows up toward the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Gf0mGJfP8

maddog42
03-09-2017, 06:21 AM
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-russia-investigation-cia-intelligence-235774

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/mar/7/fbi-nsa-called-testify-trump-russia-investigation/

delayjf
03-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Is this the same intel that was used by the previous NSA to determine that the Trump Campaign was not in collusion with the Russians?

tucker6
03-09-2017, 08:44 AM
Is this the same intel that was used by the previous NSA to determine that the Trump Campaign was not in collusion with the Russians?

I have it on good authority from the NSA that Trump was seen in Monaco several years ago. I wonder what devious political plot he was hatching with the scion of Grace Kelly? Has he no shame in the lengths he'll go to undermine America? Will we be subjected to the whims of a monarchy after all these centuries of freedom? I fear for America.

Seriously though, we hear daily about how stupid and cartoonish and mentally ill Trump is, yet we are also daily fed the meme that Trump is the mastermind behind the overthrow of our American way of life, and that every contact he has ever had with a non-American was to further his geopolitical goals.

As The Donald would say, "Amazing!!"

maddog42
03-21-2017, 07:39 AM
The house is on fire, Trump is running around with a box of matches, and the GOP demands to know who called the fire department. - Gary Kasparov

Tom
03-21-2017, 06:13 PM
You need to borrow some nice hot cocoa from Halv and settle down. Nothing is is nearly as bad you pretend it is.

woodtoo
03-27-2017, 04:06 PM
Here is something the Republicans really are sweeping under the rug, and its about time.
AG Jeff Sessions appeared and answered questions at Sean Spicer's press conference.
Sanctuary cities will not receive more than $4.1billion in OJP grants.
Plus fines. They will be forced monetarily to enforce the Federal laws.
:headbanger:

Tom
03-27-2017, 08:37 PM
About time.
Not 1-$ to any of them.

maddog42
03-28-2017, 06:21 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/list-of-people-putin-is-suspected-of-assassinating-2016-3

JustRalph
03-28-2017, 06:33 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/list-of-people-putin-is-suspected-of-assassinating-2016-3

Go away........

LottaKash
03-28-2017, 08:51 AM
Here is something the Republicans really are sweeping under the rug, and its about time.
AG Jeff Sessions appeared and answered questions at Sean Spicer's press conference.
Sanctuary cities will not receive more than $4.1billion in OJP grants.
Plus fines. They will be forced monetarily to enforce the Federal laws.
:headbanger:

Sure, we'll see how it goes, especially in Nanceyville...

Much as I want to see Pres Trump succeed with his agenda(s) for making Anerica Great Again,, I am not so sure what it is about him and his partners for change, that has me overthinking a bit about all of this, lately...

They sure, in a hurry, sold out the "freedom conservative guys", imo...

Cooperate, with Shumer ???

PaceAdvantage
03-28-2017, 09:56 AM
http://www.businessinsider.com/list-of-people-putin-is-suspected-of-assassinating-2016-3That's kind of like the Clinton Dead Pool?

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2016/08/10/the-list-of-clinton-associates-whove-died-mysteriously-check-it-out/

On a CBS website no less...:lol:

You supported Hillary Clinton for President, yes? :pound:

woodtoo
03-28-2017, 04:52 PM
Sure, we'll see how it goes, especially in Nanceyville...

Much as I want to see Pres Trump succeed with his agenda(s) for making Anerica Great Again,, I am not so sure what it is about him and his partners for change, that has me overthinking a bit about all of this, lately...

They sure, in a hurry, sold out the "freedom conservative guys", imo...

Cooperate, with Shumer ???

Cooperate with Shumer? Impossible.
Shumer was spotted in a NY restaurant dressing down an elderly well known female Trump supporter, Actually yelling at them as they left the establishment (referring to Trump) "he lies, he lies".
He has become unhinged.

dartman51
03-28-2017, 11:57 PM

You mean, like, bend over and grab his ankles? :rolleyes:

maddog42
03-29-2017, 06:24 AM
That's kind of like the Clinton Dead Pool?

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2016/08/10/the-list-of-clinton-associates-whove-died-mysteriously-check-it-out/

On a CBS website no less...:lol:

You supported Hillary Clinton for President, yes? :pound:

Pure baloney. If you mess with Putin, you really will be killed. Body count myths have been around for decades.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/bodycount.asp

PaceAdvantage
03-29-2017, 03:19 PM
If you mess with Putin, you really will be killed.Proof? Or mere speculation on your part and the part of those pimping the narrative that Putin had these people killed.

Without actual proof, it's no better or worse than the Clinton body count.

Tom
03-29-2017, 09:46 PM
So far, Trump looks like the only adult in the room.
He quitely is delivering on his promises while the media reports fake news.

Faucet-Face UpChuck Schumer said today that cities are going bankrupt because of his immigration polices.

But, like any democrat, he failed to priced one single example to back up his lie. How any sane people can whine about Trump and give this lying SOS a pass is beyond me. Good litmus test for people with bats in their belfries.:headbanger:

FantasticDan
03-31-2017, 11:38 PM
Fascinating testimony today to the Senate Committee from Intelligence and Security expert and former FBI Special Agent Clint Watts, who spells out why Russian "active measures" had so much more influence over this past election..

Because Team Trump often cited and used them..

If you think this had no effect, think about how many people on this very forum echoed the same bullshit that Trump did.. and continue to..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgkqW4cJOFQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNXIEdS6Sc8

JustRalph
03-31-2017, 11:52 PM
To quote Harry Reid

"Hillary didn't win did she?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/03/31/harry-reids-appalling-defense-of-his-attack-on-mitt-romneys-tax-record/?utm_term=.d48d5a2d911a

davew
04-01-2017, 01:18 AM
Fascinating testimony today to the Senate Committee from Intelligence and Security expert and former FBI Special Agent Clint Watts, who spells out why Russian "active measures" had so much more influence over this past election..

only if you like his theories and opinions

IF, IF, IF ....

there was any proof

fast4522
04-01-2017, 01:50 AM
only if you like his theories and opinions

IF, IF, IF ....

there was any proof

The left was desperate prior to the primary.
They were twice as desperate prior to the general election.
They are pathetically desperate now, do not expect any of them to start living in the moment any time soon.

maddog42
04-01-2017, 06:04 AM
Proof? Or mere speculation on your part and the part of those pimping the narrative that Putin had these people killed.

Without actual proof, it's no better or worse than the Clinton body count.

Russia is one of the most dangerous countries in the world for journalists. The conviction rate for those murders is almost non-existent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/03/23/here-are-ten-critics-of-vladimir-putin-who-died-violently-or-in-suspicious-ways/

Tom
04-01-2017, 09:59 AM
Russia is one of the most dangerous countries in the world for journalists. The conviction rate for those murders is almost non-existent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_journalists_killed_in_Russia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/03/23/here-are-ten-critics-of-vladimir-putin-who-died-violently-or-in-suspicious-ways/

See, we can learn from Russia, so we should be talking to them.

FantasticDan
04-01-2017, 11:47 AM

Trump continuing to prove the point.. doing the Russians work..

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/326830-trump-tells-nbc-to-stop-covering-russia-story

OntheRail
04-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Trump continuing to prove the point.. doing the Russians work..

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/326830-trump-tells-nbc-to-stop-covering-russia-story

Boy you must have a M.D. in reading between the lines and medals in jumping to conclusions.

FantasticDan
04-01-2017, 12:13 PM
Boy you must have a M.D. in reading between the lines and medals in jumping to conclusions.And you and many others here have blue ribbons for willful ignorance. It is not a theory or opinion that the Russians made attempts to undermine our election process, it is a fact. If you actually watch the video I linked, you see a Republican Senator saying it's been going on for more than 10 years.

It is also a fact that the Trump campaign used these Russian "active measures" to influence the electorate to their advantage.

OntheRail
04-01-2017, 01:03 PM
And you and many others here have blue ribbons for willful ignorance. It is not a theory or opinion that the Russians made attempts to undermine our election process, it is a fact. If you actually watch the video I linked, you see a Republican Senator saying it's been going on for more than 10 years.

It is also a fact that the Trump campaign used these Russian "active measures" to influence the electorate to their advantage.

No many of the center or right learning here have common sense... a rare trait in the left.

And it's a broad jump to make... that known activities of many decades had any effect on the outcome of this election... is laughable. In other words NO COLLUSION between Trump and Putin.

So if only the DNC had PC-Matic none of would of happened... or if Podesta had not clicked on that Phishing link. Hillary still would of lost biggly and the snowflake would still be melting on about something. So no change there. But no the Democrats instead of owning the failure as always need a boogieman. Who better then Russia.

So the DNC pushed the Russian angle... based on their internal review... Obama ran with it as it fit his burn it down agenda. This is proved out with his EO to broadcast intercepts ( could be fake stuff ) to the DC winds to further give cover to any and all Obama loyalist leakers..

So still holding the Gold Metal in Broad Jumping and Conspiracy... FantasticDan. :pound:

JustRalph
04-01-2017, 03:39 PM

Brilliant!!

Tom
04-01-2017, 05:40 PM

Too much CNN and SNL, Dan........you have lost your tether to reality.

The Russians, at best, hacked the DNC and revealed the truth about the lousy lying heating dems to the voters.

I call that a service.

davew
04-02-2017, 05:44 PM
Too much CNN and SNL, Dan........you have lost your tether to reality.

The Russians, at best, hacked the DNC and revealed the truth about the lousy lying heating dems to the voters.

I call that a service.

SNL is probably as accurate as MSNBC.

MONEY
04-02-2017, 08:50 PM
And you and many others here have blue ribbons for willful ignorance. It is not a theory or opinion that the Russians made attempts to undermine our election process, it is a fact. If you actually watch the video I linked, you see a Republican Senator saying it's been going on for more than 10 years.

Obama and the democrats won two Presidential elections during those ten years and Russian meddling was not a problem. The need for an investigation only arises when a republican gets the presidency.

JustRalph
04-02-2017, 08:53 PM
Obama and the democrats won two Presidential elections during those ten years and Russian meddling was not a problem. The need for an investigation only arises when a republican gets the presidency.

Stop making so much sense!

FantasticDan
04-02-2017, 09:18 PM
Trump has been the perfect dupe for Russia's campaign, since he's both a dip-shit and a demagogue.

And that's aside from all the $$$ ties.

All shall be revealed.. :popcorn:

Clocker
04-02-2017, 09:25 PM
Reports of another Russian attack on the Democrats:

Saturday was the first of April, making it “April Fools Day.” Russia, not normally known for being humorous, played a hilarious joke on the Democratic party amid all of the controversy.

The Russian Foreign Ministry posted an audio file on its Facebook page showcasing their new switchboard message when someone calls the agency.

The audio message begins with, “You have reached the Russian Embassy. Your call is very important to us.”

“To arrange a call from a Russian diplomat to your political opponent, press 1,” the recording says in both English and Russian.

Callers are then instructed to “press 2” if they want to use “the services of Russian hackers.”

If callers want to speak with someone surrounding “election interference,” they are instructed to “press 3.”

http://rightwingnews.com/vladimir-putin/russia-trolls-democratic-party-epic-april-fools-joke-video/ (http://rightwingnews.com/vladimir-putin/russia-trolls-democratic-party-epic-april-fools-joke-video/)

dkithore
04-02-2017, 11:15 PM
Trump has been the perfect dupe for Russia's campaign, since he's both a dip-shit and a demagogue.

And that's aside from all the $$$ ties.

All shall be revealed.. :popcorn:
"Demagogue defined, a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.'
F.DAN, Can I accuse you of the same? Name calling rather than rational argument?

dkithore
04-02-2017, 11:18 PM
Clocker, that quote was a classic!

FantasticDan
04-02-2017, 11:37 PM
"Demagogue defined, a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.'
F.DAN, Can I accuse you of the same? Name calling rather than rational argument?
You could, if calling Trump a dipshit and demagogue wasn't actually a rational argument, which it is. Lots of evidence out there to support :ThmbUp:

fast4522
04-03-2017, 02:09 AM
You could, if calling Trump a dipshit and demagogue wasn't actually a rational argument, which it is. Lots of evidence out there to support :ThmbUp:

Just think about the fact that you guys have no more bullets left, and squawk like your stacked with full clips. When it gets ugly and your holding your ass do not expect folks to be kind, there will be plenty of rock salt set aside just because.

dkithore
04-03-2017, 05:29 AM

Dan, Russian campaign and money ties are called innuendos and not evidence. All I know so far is that none of the (corrupt) Intel chiefs and Obama have a shred of facts other than that they collectively surveiled Trump transition team and felonious unmasking Intel illegally. Plus your candidate did not know or care what is classified material on server and lied about it per FBI.

Tom is probably right, too much fake news from CNN and MSNBC has locked you folks in a stupor.

tucker6
04-03-2017, 07:20 AM
Reports of another Russian attack on the Democrats:

http://rightwingnews.com/vladimir-putin/russia-trolls-democratic-party-epic-april-fools-joke-video/ (http://rightwingnews.com/vladimir-putin/russia-trolls-democratic-party-epic-april-fools-joke-video/)
priceless!!

tucker6
04-03-2017, 07:26 AM
You may find this hard to believe Dan, but at Trump's current trajectory, you have exactly 7 years, 9 months, and 17 days to get used to him as your president. He already has a lot of good things to run on next time with more to come, and this whole fake Russia thing will blow back on the dems. I knew the Russia thing was fake when Jeff Sessions' testimony was so completely misconstrued a few weeks ago. Even a child could see the fix was in, and that his answer to the question was a reasonable one, even if not worded perfectly. It was too McCarthy-like to be anything other than a witch hunt.

FantasticDan
04-03-2017, 10:02 AM
All I know so far is that none of the (corrupt) Intel chiefs and Obama have a shred of facts other than that they collectively surveiled Trump transition team and felonious unmasking Intel illegally.

:D

dkithore
04-03-2017, 11:09 AM
:D

I can only quote the wiisdom of Katie Byron:"if you argue with reality, you will lose."

woodtoo
04-03-2017, 12:42 PM
And the leaker is...............Susan Rice aka proven liar

Tom
04-03-2017, 05:49 PM

And yet there he is, sitting in the Oval Office, smoking Bill's left-over ceegars and doing the job that your babe was cinch to have won! :pound::pound::pound:

PaceAdvantage
04-03-2017, 05:53 PM
Fascinating testimony today to the Senate Committee from Intelligence and Security expert and former FBI Special Agent Clint Watts, who spells out why Russian "active measures" had so much more influence over this past election..Too bad...so sad

Tom
04-03-2017, 06:00 PM
Exactly what measures, and exactly what influence?
Lots of continuing BS being throw about, with nothing fro the real world ever mentioned.

All Russia did was reveal the truth about the democrats.
Thank you, Mr Putin, you did more for the USA than Obama did in 8 years.

FantasticDan
04-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Too bad...so sad
Hey, I appreciate your honesty. So a presidential candidate colluded with Russia in a campaign of purposeful lies and manipulation, that eventually helped lead to his victory?

Too bad...so sad

Maybe stay home on Patriot's Day this year.. :puke:

Greyfox
04-03-2017, 06:21 PM
So a presidential candidate colluded with Russia in a campaign of purposeful lies and manipulation, that eventually helped lead to his victory?

There is NO PROOF as of today that Trump colluded with Russia.

Tom
04-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Hey, I appreciate your honesty. So a presidential candidate colluded with Russia in a campaign of purposeful lies and manipulation, that eventually helped lead to his victory?

Too bad...so sad

Maybe stay home on Patriot's Day this year.. :puke:

No proof of that has been found.
BUT, CNN did 100% interfered with the election - proven fact.

No outrage over that one?

Clocker
04-03-2017, 06:46 PM
Exactly what measures, and exactly what influence?

Killer testimony:

One of the members of the Star Wars cantina called to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee was a former FBI agent named Clint Watts. He accused the Trump campaign of working with the Russians based on two things. First on two occasions the campaign cited news stories from Russian sources that proved to be false and secondly because some of the things the campaign was in favor of dovetailed with Russian interests. Naturally, this was considered killer testimony by the left and by the alleged conservatives who seem to think that bringing down Trump is their Great White Whale.

CLINT WATTS: Well, I noted in my testimony the two times where there was obvious use of Russian propaganda. One was, Paul Manafort cited it in ’14 August, the fake ancillary campaign we talked about, and then President Trump mistakenly cited what everyone thinks is a Sputnik news story. But beyond that, the synchronization at times, how many times the campaign picked up on lines that were promoted by the Kremlin, or vice versa, created lines that were then the Kremlin promoted back into the U.S. base was ironic. It was hard to see that with any other campaign.It appears that Manafort and Trump mentioned what turned out to be Russian propaganda, i.e., false news. Maybe not too bright, but hardly illegal.

Has anyone in this circus made a semi-credible claim that the Russians actually affected the election? That the campaign committed a crime?

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2017/04/02/clint-watts-shows-why-it-is-him-and-not-the-russians-we-should-fear-video/

Clocker
04-03-2017, 07:05 PM
It has been uncharitably suggested by some people with suspicious minds that the Dems, led by Chuckie Schumer, are stirring this pot. They want an in-depth, long term investigation that they can use as an excuse to put off dealing with the Gorsuch confirmation. Some on the left are actually arguing the twisted logic that the Senate needs to know the answers to the Russian plot to be able to judge the prudence of the Gorsuch nomination.

_______
04-03-2017, 07:16 PM
Killer testimony:

It appears that Manafort and Trump mentioned what turned out to be Russian propaganda, i.e., false news. Maybe not too bright, but hardly illegal.

Has anyone in this circus made a semi-credible claim that the Russians actually affected the election? That the campaign committed a crime?

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2017/04/02/clint-watts-shows-why-it-is-him-and-not-the-russians-we-should-fear-video/

It would help the presidents case if he wasn't consistently tweeting out demonstrably false information (millions of illegal voters, Obama wiretapped me) and didn't cut his political teeth on a falsehood (Muslim, Nigerian Obama).

If the accusations of his campaign working with the Russians are false, he could also learn from his predecessor how to laugh off a ridiculous conspiracy theory without giving it added legs. His administration is doing a fairly decent job so far of appearing to have something to hide.

I personally don't believe there were any untoward contacts. I think the Russians wanted to damage Clinton as much as possible before she assumed office and were as shocked as anyone when Trump won.

But his "alternate facts" world only works with his dedicated supporters. They don't carry much weight outside that orbit and are, in fact, hurting his administration with everyone else.

Clocker
04-03-2017, 07:31 PM
It would help the presidents case if he wasn't consistently tweeting out demonstrably false information (millions of illegal voters, Obama wiretapped me) and didn't cut his political teeth on a falsehood (Muslim, Nigerian Obama).

But his "alternate facts" world only works with his dedicated supporters. They don't carry much weight outside that orbit and are, in fact, hurting his administration with everyone else.

Trump's tweets are of the "Ready, fire, aim" variety. You can do that when you are the boss in the private sector. You can't get away with that when your every word is on display and nitpicked to death by a pack of raging journalists looking to find fault.

Like Obama before him, Trump never admits mistakes. It is always someone else's fault, and his adoring fans back him up to the hilt.

NJ Stinks
04-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Trump's tweets are of the "Ready, fire, aim" variety. You can do that when you are the boss in the private sector. You can't get away with that when your every word is on display and nitpicked to death by a pack of raging journalists looking to find fault.

Like Obama before him, Trump never admits mistakes. It is always someone else's fault, and his adoring fans back him up to the hilt.

"....A "pack of raging journalists looking to find fault"? Anybody with any faculties working understand this guy is a fruitloop.

But I do agree on this point - he's their fruitloop! :jump::jump:

FantasticDan
04-03-2017, 09:12 PM
There is NO PROOF as of today that Trump colluded with Russia.
It doesn't matter if it's 100% proven without a question of doubt. Do you think PA and all the other Trumpettes here would care?

JustRalph
04-03-2017, 10:12 PM
It doesn't matter if it's 100% proven without a question of doubt. Do you think PA and all the other Trumpettes here would care?

As long as we get Gorsuch confirmed.......who cares!!

Your side committed felonies during the campaign and I don't see you calling for indictments

Tom
04-04-2017, 09:59 PM
"....A "pack of raging journalists looking to find fault"? Anybody with any faculties working understand this guy is a fruitloop.

But I do agree on this point - he's their fruitloop! :jump::jump:it must be very hard for your guys to keep posting when you have absolutely nothing. :pound::pound::pound:

Clocker
04-04-2017, 10:35 PM
it must be very hard for your guys to keep posting when you have absolutely nothing. :pound::pound::pound:

What would you expect after electing an empty suit to the presidency? :p

FantasticDan
04-04-2017, 11:57 PM
The FBI is expanding their investigation. 20 agents have been recalled from the field to form a special task force that will manage and oversee the investigation, and assist Comey directly in DC.

johnhannibalsmith
04-05-2017, 12:12 AM
Comey? COMEY! He's in on it!

dkithore
04-05-2017, 11:39 AM
Comey? COMEY! He's in on it!

Absolutely!

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 12:15 PM

Too bad...so sad

Maybe stay home on Patriot's Day this year.. :puke:You have no proof of any collusion, as much as you believe otherwise.

When you get actual proof of collusion, you let me know.

Until then, too bad, so sad.

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2017, 12:16 PM
This whole Russian thing is payback for the Obama birth certificate thingy...mark my words.

reckless
04-05-2017, 12:54 PM
Well, to answer the question posed by the title of this thread ... yes, I think the Republicans will sweep treason under the rug.

The Republicans never did anything about all the acts of treason committed by Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, and later Bill Clinton, Barry Soetoro, Susan Rice, and Hillary Rodham.

For chrissakes, BJ Clinton committed more acts of treason than all of his multiple rapes and sexual misconduct acts combined! And Obama and Hillary are the ones this whole Russia fraud story is really all about. Why do you think the GOP and the media really did nothing about Hillary's illegal server, for instance? Or about John Podesta and his brother raking in hundreds of thousands of rubles...err, dollars, representing Russian interests. Obama is the reason and his digital fingerprints are all over this. Start with Hillary's illegal server. Obama, with his false IDs and numerous passwords were corresponding thru the Hillary server with Russia, the Saudis and every despicable human rights violators on earth -- for money and campaign donations.

Yet, the Republicans didn't have the brains nor the b---s to honor their oath of office to our US Constitution and to America and did not go after these bums. They basically let them all go free. Cowards.

Yes, again, Republicans will sweep treason under the rug. Shameful.

Tom
04-05-2017, 09:47 PM
What would you expect after electing an empty suit to the presidency? :p

Trump stands head ans shoulders above every democrat our there. He is the adult in all of this.

dkithore
04-06-2017, 08:57 AM
Trump stands head ans shoulders above every democrat our there. He is the adult in all of this.

Trump said repeatedly about Washington establishment, "all talk and no action."

Tom
04-08-2017, 10:51 AM
I don't think the lame stream media can take another week with as much action as there was this week!

maddog42
05-13-2017, 06:34 AM
This whole Russian thing is payback for the Obama birth certificate thingy...mark my words.

Not one of your better comments. Actually ludicrous.

tucker6
05-13-2017, 07:19 AM

He has as much chance of being correct as any pundit on tv or poster on this board. If the GOP were talking out of both sides of their mouths as much as the dems are right now, you'd be having a stroke. It's all a game, and the press would rather be amused by politics than to work harder by writing about laws and bills and such.

fast4522
05-13-2017, 08:00 AM

NO one anyplace can say that President Donald J. Trump does not love this country, they are running around saying everything else to suit their agenda. The idea of revenge about Obama's birth certificate is a interesting take Mike, I might suggest revenge is something the left has used of late that will backfire big time with this President. I get the feeling everything is going to see that bear out sooner than later as our agenda moves forward. Everyone has a agenda regardless of what they say, watch as the left's agenda has gasoline poured all over it and set on fire.

Tom
05-13-2017, 10:40 AM
Rush has a good idea - the media is calling the shots, the dems are thier puppy dogs - they fetch, roll over, speak.

Makes sense - The Maxine Waters party is not the brightest bunch out there - they worship at the alter of ignorance. They went up against a joke of a candidate, a Wall Street buffoon would molested women and came away the most electorally challenged they have ever been. The vast majority of legislatures around the country turned on them....

But the media has power. They conspire amongst themselves. Rush plays a montage of all their stories and how the language is always the same, with a single buzz word of the day. Obvious to anyone with a brain, which is why the dems have not seen it yet.

I can see Trump suspending Freedom of the Press in the next 12 months.
Chew on that, boys. Another monster under your beds. :lol:

MargieRose
05-13-2017, 12:56 PM
It seems that the views of most of the Demos here are in the minority...even within their own party!:

Fed-Up Dem Voters Tear Into Their Own Party

By Ben Marquis (http://conservativetribune.com/author/ben-marquis/)
on May 10, 2017

"A recent poll showed that roughly two-thirds of voters thought the Democrat Party was out of touch (http://conservativetribune.com/democrats-devastating-news-poll/) with average Americans, more than thought the same about the Republican Party or even President Donald Trump.

This prompted some on the left to devote a moment or two of introspection to figure out where their party went wrong, as exemplified in a piece in The Atlantic (https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/04/democratic-party-out-of-touch-obama-wall-street-speech/524784/) — but far too few seem to have received the message sent by voters.

“This should be a huge wake-up call,” Democrat Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan said. “Having two-thirds of the country think that your party is in la-la-land, that’s a bombshell. That should wake everybody up, and we should, as a party, be woken up already by the fact that people took a chance on Donald Trump.”"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR59ikcJUzU

http://conservativetribune.com/fed-dem-voters-tear-own-party/

davew
05-13-2017, 01:25 PM
it is a little delayed, but treason should never be swept under the rug

http://www.cafepress.com/+hillary-prison-2016+yard-signs

maddog42
05-14-2017, 08:32 PM
http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/05/12/paul-krugman-just-accused-entire-republican-party-treason/

davew
05-14-2017, 09:01 PM
Why do the dims want a special prosecutor about RUSSIA?

Were laws broken? Was the election outcome changed? Did the Clinton cartel indirectly sell 20% of United States Uranium to Russia interests? Is it illegal to talk to the Russian ambassador in the United States?

Clocker
05-14-2017, 09:07 PM
http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/05/12/paul-krugman-just-accused-entire-republican-party-treason/

Krugman is a dolt. He says:
circumstantial evidence that a hostile foreign power may have colluded with a U.S. presidential campaign, and may retain undue influence at the highest levels of our government. What evidence of collusion? Were the Dems hacked? Yes. Is there any evidence of Trump or GOP collusion? Haven't seen any.

And he says:
At this point, in other words, almost an entire party appears to have decided that potential treason in the cause of tax cuts for the wealthy is no vice. And that’s barely hyperbole.The administration and the GOP want to continue an investigation by the FBI under new leadership, not by a special prosecutor. How is that treason?

And it is obvious that Krugman and the other moonbats haven't a clue what treason is. Treason is the only crime defined in the Constitution:

Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.We are not at war with Russia. Russia has not attacked us. Russia is not legally an enemy. And while the hacking appears to have been done by Russians, there is as of yet no evidence that it was done by the Russian government.

There are a lot of reasons to criticize Trump and the GOP. This is not one of them. People who harp on this are just destroying their own credibility.

davew
05-14-2017, 10:21 PM
Does that mean if Iran attacks us, we can try 0bama for treason for giving them cash?

classhandicapper
05-15-2017, 09:46 AM
At one time I thought Krugman was so caught up in own economic and political world view he could no longer see things objectively and learn. Now I think he is mentally disturbed.

classhandicapper
05-15-2017, 09:58 AM
And while the hacking appears to have been done by Russians, there is as of yet no evidence that it was done by the Russian government.

I'm not 100% convinced of that.

I haven't read everything on the subject (so correct me if I am not up to date), but I read one report that suggested the firm that made that determination has political ties, some of the information needed to make the determination was not made available, and there hasn't been an independent verification.

But the biggest red flag to me was Wikileaks and the Seth Rich murder. It's quite possible the Russians hacked the US (same as we hack everyone also), but they were not the leakers.

Assange says it was not the Russians that leaked emails and confidential info.

Seth Rich was employed at the DNC.

He was murdered in a "robbery.

The robbers didn't take anything.

Wikileaks offered a reward for information about his murder and Assange was quoted as saying that wikileaks whistle blowers often take huge risks releasing information.

The math of this is difficult to calculate. Either wikieaks is in some elaborate attempt cover for the Russians and is risking destroying its reputation or Assange is telling the truth. I'm leaning towards him telling the truth. I think it's more likely the leaks came from US citizens that were sick and tired of the way the democrats were doing business. That does not exclude the possibility that Russians, Chinese, Brits, Israelis and everyone else is hacking the US also.

PaceAdvantage
05-15-2017, 11:28 AM
http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/05/12/paul-krugman-just-accused-entire-republican-party-treason/Where was Krugman and all the rest when Russia interfered with all our other elections? Do you mean to tell me 2016 was the first time that Russia learned how to use the Interwebs? They've never tried to influence our elections before? Really? :lol:

And where's the investigation into Obama and how he interfered with the Israeli elections and the Brexit vote? When is Israel and the EU going to put Obama on trial? Or at least ban the sale of his books and promise never to pay him $400k for an hour speech...:pound:

PaceAdvantage
05-15-2017, 11:29 AM
I'm not 100% convinced of that.

It's all BS class. Trump is BS...the Dems are BS...the Republicans are BS...

And anyone claiming the high road is the biggest BSer of all.

There is no high road when it comes to DC politics anymore.

That went out the window with the Kennedy assassination.

classhandicapper
05-15-2017, 12:47 PM
That went out the window with the Kennedy assassination.

At least they haven't tried to kill Trump yet because they disagree with him.

Though, plenty of people are wishing for it publicly and many more are wishing for it privately.

classhandicapper
05-15-2017, 12:49 PM
Where was Krugman and all the rest when Russia interfered with all our other elections? Do you mean to tell me 2016 was the first time that Russia learned how to use the Interwebs? They've never tried to influence our elections before? Really? :lol:

And where's the investigation into Obama and how he interfered with the Israeli elections and the Brexit vote? When is Israel and the EU going to put Obama on trial? Or at least ban the sale of his books and promise never to pay him $400k for an hour speech...:pound:

The media is made up of the worst kind of scumbags. It's take a lot for me to hate someone. I freaking hate the media! :mad:

fast4522
05-15-2017, 03:36 PM
The media is made up of the worst kind of scumbags. It's take a lot for me to hate someone. I freaking hate the media! :mad:

We can kick the press today, the real joke is democrat leadership over 70. Soon they will be using walkers, after that retirement in huge numbers. Somehow I get the feeling the President will continue to act much younger than his age.

classhandicapper
05-15-2017, 04:25 PM

I really should proof read what I write sometimes.

"It takes" not "It's take".

JustRalph
05-15-2017, 05:26 PM

At all levels. Some of the worst at the local level. They will do anything to drum up a story. I personally had to drag a local reporter out of a trauma room once as they stood there dressed in a lab coat recording the event.

Another sneaked into a private coroners inquiry and was taping when I happened to recognize them.

Tom
05-15-2017, 07:09 PM
And 100% trues.
So self-respecting democrat gives a crap about this country.

Tom
05-15-2017, 07:11 PM
At all levels. Some of the worst at the local level. They will do anything to drum up a story. I personally had to drag a local reporter out of a trauma room once as they stood there dressed in a lab coat recording the event.

Another sneaked into a private coroners inquiry and was taping when I happened to recognize them.

Beat the press is an idea whose time has come.
Trump needs to start imposing censorship on the media.
And jail for contempt.

davew
05-15-2017, 11:22 PM
So how many special prosecutors do we need?

1- Russia meddling in election
2- Hilary keeping top secrets on home brew server
3- Clinton Foundation getting kickbacks from sec of state approvals, like the 142 million for approving sale of 20% uranium to Canada company that sold it to Russia
4- IRS targeting non-profit applications
5- unmasking of Americans for political purposes

probably need some more, but that's a good start

TREASON needs addressed, not swept under the rug

FantasticDan
05-15-2017, 11:35 PM
What? No discussion of this tonight? :rolleyes:

Trump shares highly sensitive classified intelligence with Russians:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.604e97f007e4

Show Me the Wire
05-15-2017, 11:37 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.604e97f007e4

Really, was it illegal for him, as President, to do so?

FantasticDan
05-15-2017, 11:41 PM
Really, was it illegal for him, as President, to do so?
Apparently not, just really stupid and dangerous. :ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
05-15-2017, 11:58 PM
:bang:

https://twitter.com/braddjaffy/status/864256228507234304

JustRalph
05-16-2017, 12:08 AM
Apparently not, just really stupid and dangerous. :ThmbUp:

He can tell them anything he wants.

You act like he had classified data in a bathroom somewhere?

FantasticDan
05-16-2017, 12:31 AM
He can tell them anything he wants.
:D Not really a question of can as much as should..

Clocker
05-16-2017, 12:50 AM

The Washington Compost strikes again.

There is no indication in that story of who is making those charges or how that person or persons know what went on in that meeting, or evidence that it actually happened. No sources whatsoever are even hinted at. This is sloppy reporting.

The story does say:

“The president and the foreign minister reviewed common threats from terrorist organizations to include threats to aviation,” said H.R. McMaster, the national security adviser, who participated in the meeting. “At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed, and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly.”McMaster said this, Anonymous said that. Yawn. I am not a Trumpette, and I know he is perfectly capable of letting his mouth go into overdrive, but this story is weak sauce.

FantasticDan
05-16-2017, 01:17 AM
I am not a Trumpette, and I know he is perfectly capable of letting his mouth go into overdrive, but this story is weak sauce.
Trumpette? No. Half-ass Trump apologist? Definitely. While not often defending Trump directly, you like to undermine the posters and sources that do criticize him. Weak sauce, indeed..

Maybe the NYT article is made of sterner stuff :rolleyes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/15/us/politics/trump-russia-classified-information-isis.html?_r=0

Clocker
05-16-2017, 01:40 AM
Trumpette? No. Half-ass Trump apologist? Definitely. While not often defending Trump directly, you like to undermine the posters and sources that do criticize him. Weak sauce, indeed..

I like to point out when the emperor has no clothes. Or when the emperor's critics don't. Trump is a quivering mass of insecurity and inconsistency, a prime target for legitimate, documented attack. I see no evidence that this is an example of what good journalism could produce.

Maybe the NYT article is made of sterner stuff :rolleyes:Nope. Still all unsubstantiated gossip.

And the original Washington Compost piece is an insult to the kind of journalism that paper used to produce, like the Woodward and Bernstein coverage of Nixon and Watergate.

EasyGoer89
05-16-2017, 01:44 AM

The voting machines were hacked and votes were changed?

EasyGoer89
05-16-2017, 01:45 AM

Maybe the NYT article is made of sterner stuff :rolleyes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/15/us/politics/trump-russia-classified-information-isis.html?_r=0

NYT = fake news

woodtoo
05-16-2017, 06:42 AM

The press has new sticky-notes, Fanatic Dan's used toilet paper.:pound::puke:

FantasticDan
05-16-2017, 11:15 AM
Uh-oh, someone forgot to tell Trump his intel disclosure was unsubstantiated gossip :lol:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/trump-intelligence-russia-classified.html

PaceAdvantage
05-16-2017, 12:23 PM
If anyone should be able to deal with classified information in whatever way he deems appropriate (and is legal), it should be the President of the United States.

If what he did wasn't illegal, then there shouldn't be any problem.

Is what he did illegal? If not, end of story.

classhandicapper
05-16-2017, 01:04 PM
I have reached the point where I literally understand how world leaders who are otherwise intelligent and sane have resorted to closing down newspapers and having people in the press arrested, or even worse, assassinated. I used to think it was behavior that reflected a very sick mind. Not any more.

Freedom of the press is just another idealistic illusion that has permanently been shattered for me.

It assumes that the press is working in the best interests of the United States and US citizens by informing people in an objective and unbiased fashion so they can make informed decisions. It assumes political disagreements are simply honest well meaning people coming to different conclusions after looking at the same set of facts or because they have different priorities.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Most of the people in the media are lying scumbags working to advance the personal, political, and economic agendas of whoever is in power.

They will lie, cheat, steal, mislead, destroy well meaning people, cover for the corrupt, cover for people that are guilty of murder, sexual assaults against minors, drug trafficking, human trafficking, crimes against humanity in war and conflict, and every other atrocity man has every perpetrated on another living soul if it will advance the political agenda of those in power.

I cannot imagine a more deceptive and intrinsically immoral institution than the US media. It simply does not exist. All other evil is out in the open and well understood. The evil of the media is masqueraded as a positive and protector when what it really is deceptive evil.

Rant done.

FantasticDan
05-16-2017, 01:05 PM
If what he did wasn't illegal, then there shouldn't be any problem.
Is what he did illegal? If not, end of story.
I'm sure that's great comfort to both the source of the intelligence and the US intelligence community, who hadn't authorized it to be shared with allies let alone friggin Russia.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/15/donald-trump-just-betrayed-america-s-intelligence-community

He gave that information—which came from an ally as part of what The Washington Post describes as “an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government”—to an adversary, Russia.

woodtoo
05-16-2017, 01:10 PM
Great rant, true on all points.:ThmbUp:
This will also change in due time as people continue to see through their obvious deceptions and outright lies.

PaceAdvantage
05-16-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm sure that's great comfort to both the source of the intelligence and the US intelligence community, who hadn't authorized it to be shared with allies let alone friggin Russia.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/15/donald-trump-just-betrayed-america-s-intelligence-communityWhen it comes to Trump, it usually takes a while for the actual whole truth to come out, and when it does, it gets buried on page 16 or thereabouts...so I will wait a little bit to find out what the real story is.

Trump likes to troll the media with fake news, and they bite every time. So far, everything has turned out to be a dud...I suspect this will as well.

But keep hoping...and keep biting! :jump:

woodtoo
05-16-2017, 01:15 PM

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/15/donald-trump-just-betrayed-america-s-intelligence-community

He warned the Russians of an imminent terrorist threat to save innocent civilian's of death and destruction but, meh it is the evil Russian people
who deserve this right Dan ? Unauthorized help for the innocent is not allowed.:confused:

Clocker
05-16-2017, 01:18 PM
He gave that information—which came from an ally as part of what The Washington Post describes as “an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government”—to an adversary, Russia. The Washington Compost knows this how? Perhaps they should share their source for this information in order to give it credibility.

FantasticDan
05-16-2017, 01:30 PM
The Washington Compost knows this how? Perhaps they should share their source for this information in order to give it credibility.Yeah, just FYI.. nobody, including the WH, is saying this story is "not credible".

woodtoo
05-16-2017, 01:31 PM
The Washington Compost knows this how? Perhaps they should share their source for this information in order to give it credibility.
Impossible to name a source where there is none.:bang:

PaceAdvantage
05-16-2017, 01:33 PM
Yeah, just FYI.. nobody, including the WH, is saying this story is "not credible".Maybe this was Trump's way of saying he'll be "more flexible" with the Russians...you know...like Obama did...

Are you saying this is a far worse transgression than what Obama did with Iran? Cash for hostages...you remember that one? Oh and the Iran deal with the nukes...that was pretty cool too...turning out real well.

And Bill Clinton's deal with North Korea...that worked out pretty well also.

All these Dem blunders you turn blind eyes towards, but Trump talks about something with the Russians, and now the world has to end. :lol:

You aren't fooling ANYONE. And come 2020, you'll realize this again.

woodtoo
05-16-2017, 01:46 PM
Maybe this was Trump's way of saying he'll be "more flexible" with the Russians...you know...like Obama did...

Are you saying this is a far worse transgression than what Obama did with Iran? Cash for hostages...you remember that one? Oh and the Iran deal with the nukes...that was pretty cool too...turning out real well.

And Bill Clinton's deal with North Korea...that worked out pretty well also.

All these Dem blunders you turn blind eyes towards, but Trump talks about something with the Russians, and now the world has to end. :lol:

You aren't fooling ANYONE. And come 2020, you'll realize this again.

He went to the Hillary Clinton Constitutional University don't you know.:D

JustRalph
05-16-2017, 03:15 PM
The Prez can tell them anything he wants. BFD!

Show Me the Wire
05-16-2017, 04:10 PM
Once again, the only ones who broke the law are the leakers, giving out classified information. All these leakers are doing is undermining the security of the U.S.

FantasticDan
05-16-2017, 04:50 PM
Once again, the only ones who broke the law are the leakers, giving out classified information. All these leakers are doing is undermining the security of the U.S.:pound:

Look to the Leaker-In-Chief :ThmbUp:

Show Me the Wire
05-16-2017, 05:10 PM
:pound:

Look to the Leaker-In-Chief :ThmbUp:

You don't believe ISIS is a common enemy and having a common enemy makes different parties allies? Is it better to withhold information which may help your ally to do something you cannot do to destroy the common enemy or give it to your de facto ally?

The only real damage is the leaking of what happened at the meeting.

delayjf
05-16-2017, 05:44 PM
If they have nothing to hide, why are they hiding it?

Because everybody understands that an IP investigation would be a political witch hunt designed to keep the fake Russian story news in the spot light with the hope that the mere allegation of impropriety would undermine and erode any support of the Trump administration agenda. Liberals are also hoping for the any minute evidence of a smoking gun that might lead to impeachment proceedings.

If you really want to discuss Russian influence into the election, one needs to go no further than the political influences and philosophy of the liberal left, to include Saul Alinsky, Lenin etc. There's the real Russian influence.

Tom
05-16-2017, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post

I reject the premise that anything remotely close to what the WashPo reported ever happened, but fyi, the POTUS can unclassify ANYTHING at his discretion. He could have told them anything at all and no crime would have been committed.

Nice try.

Tom
05-16-2017, 06:15 PM
The Prez can tell them anything he wants. BFD!

Trump revealed nothing outside the OVal Office.
It was made public by the WaPo...time to shut them down.
An illegal leak occurred - a felony was committed.

So far there ONLY two crimes that have happened - both by the dems.

davew
05-16-2017, 06:23 PM
Trump revealed nothing outside the OVal Office.
It was made public by the WaPo...time to shut them down.
An illegal leak occurred - a felony was committed.

So far there ONLY two crimes that have happened - both by the dems.

some speculation it could be Spicer or Preibus that are helping with the dissemination of WH secrets

woodtoo
05-16-2017, 06:30 PM
some speculation it could be Spicer or Preibus that are helping with the dissemination of WH secrets

I really doubt that:coffee:

maddog42
07-11-2017, 07:09 PM
http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-jr-russia-635100

Trump and his cronies keeping lying, changing their story and backtracking.
At least 20 times by at least 6 people. Republican hypocrites keep making excuses.

Clocker
07-11-2017, 07:27 PM

Trump Jr. on Tuesday tweeted a series of emails in which he welcomed an offer to meet a Russian lawyer who allegedly had information about Hillary Clinton. He was told in the emails that the Russian government backed Trump's 2016 presidential campaign. Multiple investigations, including one led by special counsel Robert Mueller, are probing claims that Trump's campaign colluded with Russia.Meeting with someone offering information is not collusion. Even if Trump had gotten any such information, which is not known, it is not a crime unless he paid for it.

No matter what it is, it is not treason. According to the Constitution

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

ReplayRandall
07-11-2017, 07:55 PM

At least 20 times by at least 6 people. Republican hypocrites keep making excuses.

Trump Jr. readily gave up the e-mail batch, even with the NY Times threat of possessing them for public release.....A total non-issue, but here's another attempt by Barney....I mean maddog, to make snowflake news out of nothing...:bang:

jocko699
07-11-2017, 07:56 PM

Lol, good one!!!

whodoyoulike
07-11-2017, 08:33 PM
Meeting with someone offering information is not collusion. Even if Trump had gotten any such information, which is not known, it is not a crime unless he paid for it.

No matter what it is, it is not treason. According to the Constitution

The concern is the source was a foreigner who claimed to have ties to a foreign government source who had info which would change the US election. And, DT jr. readily and eagerly wanted that info. and even included his bro-in-law and the campaign manager who now appears has questionable motives and connections.

But, apparently you see nothing wrong with a foreign government getting involved in another country's election process.

ReplayRandall
07-11-2017, 08:57 PM
The concern is the source was a foreigner who claimed to have ties to a foreign government source who had info which would change the US election. And, DT jr. readily and eagerly wanted that info. and even included his bro-in-law and the campaign manager who now appears has questionable motives and connections.

But, apparently you see nothing wrong with a foreign government getting involved in another country's election process.

Let me educate you Whodo, the US is the foreign nation who meddles in EVERY so called "democracy" in the world. Either we're "nation-building" or negotiating business/mineral rights with whatever puppet we want in control......BTW, many countries influence other elections in just the same manner, we just happen to carry a much bigger STICK...

Clocker
07-11-2017, 08:58 PM

Don't put words in my mouth. Or my posts.

You are jumping to the conclusion that the Russian government was involved. I haven't seen any hard evidence. Whatever young Trump did, it certainly wasn't treason. And collusion is such a nebulous term as to be meaningless.

So I just watch the circus and have fun pointing out when the Emperor, or those who would be Emperor, have no clothes. :popcorn:

whodoyoulike
07-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Let me educate you Whodo, the US is the foreign nation who meddles in EVERY so called "democracy" in the world. Either we're "nation-building" or negotiating business/mineral rights with whatever puppet we want in control......BTW, many countries influence other elections in just the same manner, we just happen to carry a much bigger STICK...

Thanks for the attempt to educate me. But, why don't stick to the topic which I was responding.

ReplayRandall
07-11-2017, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the attempt to educate me. But, why don't stick to the topic which I was responding.

Hate to tell you this, but my response was on topic, flew right over your head.....Doesn't make you a bad guy though, if you don't get it....and you don't.

whodoyoulike
07-11-2017, 09:59 PM
Don't put words in my mouth. Or my posts.

You are jumping to the conclusion that the Russian government was involved. I haven't seen any hard evidence. Whatever young Trump did, it certainly wasn't treason. And collusion is such a nebulous term as to be meaningless.

So I just watch the circus and have fun pointing out when the Emperor, or those who would be Emperor, have no clothes. :popcorn:

I'm not putting words in your mouth. But, next time include the entire response instead of being selective taking my reply out of context.

It was DT jr.'s belief that a foreigner had damaging info on the opposing political party which is coming from foreign sources. And, he probably had suspicions who these sources were.

Is that the part you don't believe?

I think the view is that he is/was part of the inner circle at that time. And, based on his actions one could view it that he and these other inner circle individuals were willing to collude with whomever to acquire the info.

Since it possibly involved a foreign government as the source and they did know it based on his own acknowledgment that's the reason people have mentioned it could border on Treason.

ElKabong
07-11-2017, 10:06 PM
It was DT jr.'s belief that a foreigner had damaging info on the opposing political party which is coming from foreign sources. And, he probably had suspicions who these sources were.

Ok I'll play. What did Debbie Wass Schultz do? Collusion? Rigged an election to Clinton's benefit? You tell me.

When Podesta and Wass-Schultz get their jail time, I'll give this Russian nonsense some attention. Until then you can forget it. You had a stolen primary and plenty of proof, yet nothing has happened.

Now why is that???

JustRalph
07-11-2017, 10:48 PM
Ok I'll play. What did Debbie Wass Schultz do? Collusion? Rigged an election to Clinton's benefit? You tell me.

When Podesta and Wass-Schultz get their jail time, I'll give this Russian nonsense some attention. Until then you can forget it. You had a stolen primary and plenty of proof, yet nothing has happened.

Now why is that???

Excellent point. If anybody screwed with the election, it was Wass-Schultz

Clocker
07-11-2017, 10:51 PM
Excellent point. If anybody screwed with the election, it was Wass-Schultz

Please don't use the word "screw" in the same sentence with that woman's name. It gives me a big soft on. :puke:

whodoyoulike
07-12-2017, 01:56 AM

Now why is that???

Read my entire reply instead of selective parts which is what you're doing. I was trying to explain why the Treason idea is being mentioned.

Read the news articles and make up your own mind. Hopefully, you're not making up your mind based on these guys posted opinions.

NJ Stinks
07-12-2017, 02:32 AM
Read the news articles and make up your own mind.

Didn't you hear? Donny Boy says Russia is our new best friend and Donny Boy's legion of fawners don't care. Because it's more important to cut taxes for people who don't need the cuts and screw people who need Medicaid. It's more important to pick who can afford a safe abortion than it is to make sure everybody can. It's more important to make sure everybody in the night club is carrying than do what that fool Wyatt Earp did in Dodge City 150 years ago.

Down is the new up. Apparently.

OntheRail
07-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Didn't you hear? Donny Boy says Russia is our new best friend and Donny Boy's legion of fawners don't care. Because it's more important to cut taxes for people who don't need the cuts and screw people who need Medicaid. It's more important to pick who can afford a safe abortion than it is to make sure everybody can. It's more important to make sure everybody in the night club is carrying than do what that fool Wyatt Earp did in Dodge City 150 years ago.

New Best Friend where the hell have you been... oh that's right stuck in the swamps of jersey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GdLClHAMB0

I guess delusional is the new norm for the left... no wait they been that way for decades. :rolleyes:

whodoyoulike
07-12-2017, 05:06 PM

Which is the reason I added ... hopefully one isn't making up their minds based on the posts of others on here. If they are, it's because they're too lazy to read and think for themselves or just unable to.

Clocker
07-12-2017, 06:39 PM

I think the view is that he is/was part of the inner circle at that time. And, based on his actions one could view it that he and these other inner circle individuals were willing to collude with whomever to acquire the info.

Since it possibly involved a foreign government as the source and they did know it based on his own acknowledgment that's the reason people have mentioned it could border on Treason.

So even though such damaging info did not exist, Trump Jr. committed a thought crime by believing that it existed and that he might get hold of it? :D

And because the "other inner circle individuals" thought that the nonexistent info might exist and might come from a foreign government, they also are guilty of thought crimes?

Treason is the only crime defined in the US Constitution:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. Did Trump Jr. or any of "other inner circle individuals" levy war against the United States? Did they give aid and comfort to the enemy? Are we at war with Russia? I saw the president shaking hands with Putin recently. Is that treason?

I can't wait to see those trials. :popcorn:

whodoyoulike
07-12-2017, 06:54 PM
So even though such damaging info did not exist, Trump Jr. committed a thought crime by believing that it existed and that he might get hold of it? :D

And because the "other inner circle individuals" thought that the nonexistent info might exist and might come from a foreign government, they also are guilty of thought crimes?

Treason is the only crime defined in the US Constitution:

Did Trump Jr. or any of "other inner circle individuals" levy war against the United States? Did they give aid and comfort to the enemy? Are we at war with Russia? I saw the president shaking hands with Putin recently. Is that treason?

I can't wait to see those trials. :popcorn:

See my response to Elkabong which was to explain why the idea of treason came up.

You may have added to their reasoning of aiding and abetting the enemy.

From Google:

"Aiding and Abetting Law and Legal Definition. Aiding and abetting generally means to somehow assist in the commission of a crime, or to be an accomplice. It involves a plan to commit a crime or to commit acts, the probable consequences of which are criminal."

This info if provided would most likely have been stolen. And, they knew this going into the meeting.

All three of them should have gone to the FBI as soon as they received the emails and let the FBI decide how they should proceed then there wouldn't be this situation.

These events also indicates the judgement or the lack of judgement for all three inner circle members. And, at least one of them is currently providing political advice to the President. Kind of scary.

Tom
07-12-2017, 07:46 PM

Still waiting for ANY evidence that ANYTHING ever occurred.
OBama did far more to interfere with other elections that this so called mysterious RUSSIAN. :pound:

God, you guys are seriously funny.

Do me a favor, each of you guts, Dan, get in here, list the tracks you guys play every weekend. I gotta get in on the harvest.

The stupid money is bet here:

Tom
07-12-2017, 07:52 PM

So what if he did?
It's not like he had the intelligence network of the US tapping him, like OBama did for Hillary. It's not like Mr. President Jr. secretly met with someone in a jet on a runway and then two days later release information designed to influence the election.

If ANY foreign government has anything dirty on Hillary I want to hear about it. Nothing wrong was done here no matter what he was told. It is called the real world. Don't do crap that others can use against you later on. Hillary is dirtier than pole dancer's laundry, so if it gets out, to GD bad for her. Kudo to anyone who reveals the secret of scumbags like her and her perverted hubby.

Tom
07-12-2017, 07:56 PM
This info if provided would most likely have been stolen. And, they knew this going into the meeting.

OMG, are you for real?
The ONLY facts of ANY crimes all along has been that the LEFT has stolen and reveled classified information.

Let me tell, aiding and abetting the enemy mean helping HILLARY, who is the enemy.

Clocker
07-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Still waiting for ANY evidence that ANYTHING ever occurred.

Seems perfectly obvious that the Trump people were guilty of thought crimes. They thought that there was info, but there wasn't. They thought it came from the Russian government, but it didn't.

But our local reps from the Thought Police know that if the info existed and if it was from the Russian government, they would have used it, so they are guilty as hell. Book 'em.

jms62
07-12-2017, 08:04 PM
So what if he did?
It's not like he had the intelligence network of the US tapping him, like OBama did for Hillary. It's not like Mr. President Jr. secretly met with someone in a jet on a runway and then two days later release information designed to influence the election.

If ANY foreign government has anything dirty on Hillary I want to hear about it. Nothing wrong was done here no matter what he was told. It is called the real world. Don't do crap that others can use against you later on. Hillary is dirtier than pole dancer's laundry, so if it gets out, to GD bad for her. Kudo to anyone who reveals the secret of scumbags like her and her perverted hubby.

How would you have acted if an Obama associate did rhe same thing Trump Jr did prior to his last election?

maddog42
07-12-2017, 08:33 PM
So what if he did?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/12/norm-eisen-richard-painter-nyt-op-ed-donald-trump-jr-240445

Obama and Bush Ethics lawyers are calling Trump Jr.'s defense of the Russian meeting "nonsense". He violated all sorts of laws and will not get off without a presidential pardon. Mueller will flip this guy in 5 minutes. He will rat out everyone that Flynn doesn't. Quit making excuses for scumbags Tom.

Tom
07-12-2017, 08:39 PM
You used Obama and ethics in the same sentence! :pound::pound::pound:

Clocker
07-12-2017, 09:11 PM
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/12/norm-eisen-richard-painter-nyt-op-ed-donald-trump-jr-240445

From the link:

“Eisen is chairman and Painter is vice chairman of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington. “The promised Russian ‘documents and information’ would have been an illegal campaign contribution from a foreign government — and a priceless one.” Others, including a more prominent and more liberal legal authority, Alan Dershowitz, have said that accepting the documents would not be a crime unless Trump paid for them.

All of which is moot, because there were no documents and nothing happened. Hence the phrase "would have been an illegal campaign contribution". Again, libs are making the accusation of a thought crime.

maddog42
07-12-2017, 10:28 PM
From the link:

Others, including a more prominent and more liberal legal authority, Alan Dershowitz, have said that accepting the documents would not be a crime unless Trump paid for them.

All of which is moot, because there were no documents and nothing happened. Hence the phrase "would have been an illegal campaign contribution". Again, libs are making the accusation of a thought crime.

National Review says Trump Jr. attempted to collude with Russia.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449376/donald-trump-jr-e-mails-proof-trump-campaign-attempted-collusion-russia

fast4522
07-12-2017, 10:44 PM

Be very real, any opponent will take a meeting that looks like it holds a dagger to the heart of the opposition. Nothing transpired when the meeting turned out to be "Fake data" much like Fake News. You people have absolutely nothing and with truly honest review you people will have nothing in years to come, at this point in time your running on vapors period.

whodoyoulike
07-12-2017, 10:54 PM
OMG, are you for real?
The ONLY facts of ANY crimes all along has been that the LEFT has stolen and reveled classified information.

Let me tell, aiding and abetting the enemy mean helping HILLARY, who is the enemy.

Serious questions I have.

:1: Have you read any of the newspaper articles which included what DT jr. provided and has stated what he did?

:2: Or, are you basing your remarks based on what the others have stated on here?

:3: Why don't you address what is currently going on instead of making things up?

Unless this is the way you always form your opinions.

Clocker
07-12-2017, 11:00 PM

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449376/donald-trump-jr-e-mails-proof-trump-campaign-attempted-collusion-russia

From that article:

The word “collusion” doesn’t have precise legal meaning. It’s largely a political term that refers to claims and allegations that the Trump team worked in some way with Russians as part of the alleged Russian effort to elect Trump. In other words, to claim that Trump officials colluded with Russians is not the same thing as claiming that they violated the law. As with many political operations, including dealings with foreign governments, their actions can be unsavory without being illegal.

Indeed, that seems to be the case here. Yes, the left side of the Internet is lighting up with claims that receiving information is the same thing as receiving an unlawful foreign campaign contribution, but the argument (based on current facts) is frivolous. The law is designed to capture contributions of definable value, like money or other assets. What is the definable value of “information”? Defining speech as a reportable or even illegal “thing of value” would raise serious constitutional concerns.

In short, "collusion" in and of itself is not a crime, let alone treason as the left has been screaming. :D

This particular type of collusion may be naive, petty, sleazy, disgusting, or embarrassing, but it is not criminal. And it shows once again that the Trump family members are in over their heads in big time politics.

whodoyoulike
07-12-2017, 11:13 PM
From the link:

Others, including a more prominent and more liberal legal authority, Alan Dershowitz, have said that accepting the documents would not be a crime unless Trump paid for them.

How about forgetting about this treason controversy?

Say you had three people who were T, E and C.

Let's make up some names for these, say they are Tom, Elkabong and Clocker for visual effects.

Tom comes up with an idea to rob a bank. He plans and presents the plan to Elkabong and Clocker. They both agree with Tom but only Elkabong and Clocker go to the bank to rob it and of course Tom is holed up somewhere else far away.

As the two enter the bank, Clocker drops his gun on the floor and it so happens 15 FBI agents just happen to be cashing or withdrawing money because it's their payday.

They immediately arrest Elkabong and Clocker. Now, they never actually presented their bank robbery note to anyone but the FBI found it on Elkabong.

:1: Now, is Tom guilty of bank robbery?

Remember he was hiding at another location and for him it's really a thought crime.

Now should Tom also go to prison he's concerned because his lily white ass would be like a beacon in the prison's dark shower room.

:2: Is Clocker guilty?

:3: Is Elkabong guilty?

barn32
07-12-2017, 11:21 PM
It's a big mistake to scratch a scab. There is so much more to this than anyone on this site is even talking about.

You guys can throw out all of the red herrings that you like, but this is a major, major big deal and it affects the entire Trump administration.

Jared Kushner, Trump Jr., Paul Manafort and even Jeff Sessions all have a lot of explaining to do.

The scab has just been scratched and it's starting to bleed. A Band-Aid will not fix it. It won't be long before someone is thrown under the bus.

It's only going to get worse, and it's not going to go away.

davew
07-13-2017, 12:48 AM
From the link:

exactly, like the DNC helping to pay Ukraine for anti-Trump info...

https://www.rt.com/usa/395984-dnc-ukraine-white-house/

JustRalph
07-13-2017, 12:58 AM

The leaders of the "never Trump" movement? :lol: