PDA

View Full Version : EMD4ME, there might be hope for you yet...

PaceAdvantage
02-27-2017, 03:46 PM
Fresh off the front page headlines (www.paceadvantage.com <-- shameless plug)

If Woodbine can do it....

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/woodbine-reverses-decision-take-hpitv-racing-channel-off-television/

EMD4ME
02-27-2017, 03:48 PM
If Woodbine can do it....

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/woodbine-reverses-decision-take-hpitv-racing-channel-off-television/

NYRA, ARE YOU LISTENING????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????

Thanks PA :ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
02-27-2017, 05:45 PM
Dammit, I just bumped a thread to post the same thing in the other forum. You can kill that post.

HuggingTheRail
02-27-2017, 09:51 PM
NYRA, ARE YOU LISTENING????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????

Maybe Chris Kay forwarded your letter to them as a warning that you may be writing??? :lol::lol::p

EMD4ME
02-28-2017, 06:32 AM
Maybe Chris Kay forwarded your letter to them as a warning that you may be writing??? :lol::lol::p

Dear Mr. Canadian exec,

My godmother was from Toronto blah blah blah

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

EMDTV4ME

ultracapper
02-28-2017, 10:23 PM
The 2 comments by readers are both nagging on NYRA. Ha!

EMD4ME
03-01-2017, 08:23 AM
The 2 comments by readers are both nagging on NYRA. Ha!

And everyone thought I was exaggerating. I was dead serious, this is a MAJOR problem amongst the people who fuel the pools day in and day out.

EMD4ME
03-25-2017, 07:56 AM
Woke up in a slumber I guess. Went to put the Dubai races on the TV, went to channel 1994, got a reminder.

No NYRA Network.

Guess I won't be betting. But no, this channel disappearing has NO IMPACT on net profit :rolleyes:

Mr. Pick 5
03-25-2017, 09:01 AM
Woke up in a slumber I guess. Went to put the Dubai races on the TV, went to channel 1994, got a reminder.

No NYRA Network.

Guess I won't be betting. But no, this channel disappearing has NO IMPACT on net profit :rolleyes:

According to some on here this "Had to have been a well thought out business decision".....that is since NYRA can do no wrong in their eyes :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe ill be accused of bashing nyra but its actually very far from that....all businesses are prone to making bad decisions, especially if poor upper level management is involved....i think that this may be a prime example.

EMD4ME
03-25-2017, 09:11 AM
According to some on here this "Had to have been a well thought out business decision".....that is since NYRA can do no wrong in their eyes :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Maybe ill be accused of bashing nyra but its actually very far from that....all businesses are prone to making bad decisions, especially if poor upper level management is involved....i think that this may be a prime example.

Simply, it hurts. It hurts my process, hurts my handle, hurts my parents, simply hurts everything.

I love NYRA, always have. It's not an Anti-NYRA thing. It's an I hate stupid business decision thing and yes, I hate being impacted when I'm a loyal and extremely profitable client for this entity.

Anyway, I thought of PA and Woodbine when I "woke up" and channel 1994 didn't exist. I keep hoping someone wakes up over at NYRA and puts the channel back on.

By the way, was on the road all day yesterday. My NYRA app was down all day.

All I heard in my head was: We shut the channel down, we invested in technology. You have 20 ways to watch a race. :rolleyes::bang:

Was going to call someone and have them glue the phone to the TV, so I could HEAR the race. Wasn't an option as the channel has been cut.

Had to just get the results after they were official. Felt like I was 8 years old in an NYC OTB again staring at a screen that seems to never change but then it pops up:

B

A

D

Frustrating.

reckless
03-25-2017, 09:51 AM

No NYRA Network.

EMD, since you can't bet Dubai and my lock DWC exactas -- :cool: -- why don't you come down to lovely downtown Bensalem, Pa. and play a few at Parx? I always look to improve my game plus after watching a few jockey rides here at Parx, you'll absolutely never, ever complain about the little darlings riding at the Big A, I promise you.

And, bring our friend Mr. Pick 5 along so we can clear up yet another mystery, if you catch my drift. :lol::lol:

I'll be there just after 11 o'clock on the 2nd floor... provided they don't cancel again due to 50 degree weather and not a snowflake in the sky. Perfect weather to cancel, don't you think?

EMD4ME
03-25-2017, 09:53 AM
EMD, since you can't bet Dubai and my lock DWC exactas -- :cool: -- why don't you come down to lovely downtown Bensalem, Pa. and play a few at Parx? I always look to improve my game plus after watching a few jockey rides here at Parx, you'll absolutely never, ever complain about the little darlings riding at the Big A, I promise you.

And, bring our friend Mr. Pick 5 along so we can clear up yet another mystery, if you catch my drift. :lol::lol:

I'll be there just after 11 o'clock on the 2nd floor... provided they don't cancel again due to 50 degree weather and not a snowflake in the sky. Perfect weather to cancel, don't you think?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Awesome POST! On every level :ThmbUp:

It's 10 am here in NYC. If I leave now, I might still miss the AQU 1st with traffic. Maybe another day but if you're ever at BEL, PM me!

Dahoss9698
03-25-2017, 11:23 AM
I've been betting and enjoying the card on my ADW. It's amazing how easy it is to adapt if you put forth a tiny bit of effort instead of complaining on a message board.

EMD4ME
03-25-2017, 11:27 AM
I've been betting and enjoying the card on my ADW. It's amazing how easy it is to adapt if you put forth a tiny bit of effort instead of complaining on a message board.

DAHOSS!!!!!

I MISSED YOU MAN!!! (seriously) Welcome back Kotter :ThmbUp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZzEzDkeHzI

Dahoss9698
03-25-2017, 11:33 AM
Didn't you just say the other day you agreed with my time out?

EMD4ME
03-25-2017, 11:52 AM
Didn't you just say the other day you agreed with my time out?

If I remember correctly....

I said I understood PA's actions. Plus I forget the actual context of the statement.

Either way. It was not a proactive critique of you.

Hope you noticed the 5 or so plugs to allow you back...

Dahoss9698
03-25-2017, 11:58 AM
If I remember correctly....

I said I understood PA's actions. Plus I forget the actual context of the statement.

Either way. It was not a proactive critique of you.

Hope you noticed the 5 or so plugs to allow you back...

Nah, now you're backtracking.

Plugs? :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
03-25-2017, 12:31 PM
Hello daHoss, my old friend I've come to talk with you again.

EasyGoer89
03-25-2017, 02:33 PM

Hope & change!!

You know, that hopey changey thing!

EMD4ME
03-25-2017, 02:57 PM
Nah, now you're backtracking.

Plugs? :lol:

No, I am not backtracking.

You KNOW, I'd tell you directly if it was otherwise. I have no shyness, when it comes to you :lol:

Welcome back again :ThmbUp:

NorCalGreg
03-25-2017, 03:09 PM
Hello daHoss, my old friend I've come to talk with you again.

daHoss in the cradle with the silver spoon.....

little boy blue and the man in the moon

SG4
03-26-2017, 12:49 PM

No NYRA Network.

Instead of the negative, no love for the nationwide NBC Sports channel actually covering several hours worth of Dubai racing in lovely HD? I don't recall any cable network covering Dubai before, a step in the right direction on this end at least perhaps? Too bad you didn't pick up the remote control again, you could've watched the races & bet after all.

Grits
03-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Instead of the negative, no love for the nationwide NBC Sports channel actually covering several hours worth of Dubai racing in lovely HD? I don't recall any cable network covering Dubai before, a step in the right direction on this end at least perhaps? Too bad you didn't pick up the remote control again, you could've watched the races & bet after all.

The NBCSports coverage was excellent; I feel that this was better than a step in the right direction. ;) Someone stated that they didn't like the way they film races, there, in Dubai. I feel the opposite, I love the way they film races. I could see where Arrogate was throughout the entire race.

whodoyoulike
03-26-2017, 03:01 PM
The NBCSports coverage was excellent; I feel that this was better than a step in the right direction. ;) Someone stated that they didn't like the way they film races, there, in Dubai. I feel the opposite, I love the way they film races. I could see where Arrogate was throughout the entire race.

I like it also. It's a different angle which one needs to get used to. It shows the horses positioning relative to the others for a large portion of the race but a negative for me is I like to know where they're at compared to the others and to the finish line.