PDA

View Full Version : Today's Definition: Racist

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-26-2017, 05:35 PM
Racist: Someone who wins an argument with a liberal.

johnhannibalsmith
02-26-2017, 06:09 PM
Kooky: Someone who thinks they can win an argument with a liberal.

Tom
02-26-2017, 06:30 PM
Denier: the liberal.

barn32
02-26-2017, 06:32 PM
A racist is someone who hates liberals.

davew
02-26-2017, 06:32 PM
xenophobe - someone who disagrees with a liberal

letswastemoney
02-26-2017, 08:17 PM
Racist today = someone against illegal immigration

MutuelClerk
02-26-2017, 08:23 PM
If you guys aren't homophobic looks like time for a group hug.

BELMONT 6-6-09
02-26-2017, 08:24 PM
Jack Lambert (hall of fame middle linebacker for the Steelers) in the 70's had it best as he drove around in the day with a bumper sticker 'WARNING I DON'T BRAKE FOR LIBERALS". Can you imagine if he attempted that today?
The lunatics would have him out of football.

chadk66
02-27-2017, 09:06 AM
Jack Lambert (hall of fame middle linebacker for the Steelers) in the 70's had it best as he drove around in the day with a bumper sticker 'WARNING I DON'T BRAKE FOR LIBERALS". Can you imagine if he attempted that today?
The lunatics would have him out of football.they wouldn't have had to do anything, Goodell would have done it on his own

Inner Dirt
02-27-2017, 09:30 AM
A racist is anyone who disagrees with the ideals or actions of an ethnic minority.

classhandicapper
02-27-2017, 11:35 AM
If you guys aren't homophobic looks like time for a group hug.

:lol:

That one got a chuckle out of me.

Marshall Bennett
02-27-2017, 12:21 PM
Odd that blacks are seldom if ever labelled racist, yet the percentage of blacks that are racist towards whites has to be 2 fold over whites towards blacks. The definition of "racism" isn't biased towards any particular race.

HalvOnHorseracing
02-27-2017, 12:39 PM
Racist: Someone who wins an argument with a liberal.

What would you call someone who loses an argument with a liberal?

Greyfox
02-27-2017, 12:47 PM
What would you call someone who loses an argument with a liberal?

An extinct species. (i.e. No longer exists on this planet.)

Inner Dirt
02-27-2017, 01:47 PM
Odd that blacks are seldom if ever labelled racist, yet the percentage of blacks that are racist towards whites has to be 2 fold over whites towards blacks. The definition of "racism" isn't biased towards any particular race.

According to liberal doctrine only white people can be racist.

chadk66
02-27-2017, 02:41 PM
An extinct species. (i.e. No longer exists on this planet.):lol:exactly what I was thinking. don't ever recall that happening

Marshall Bennett
02-27-2017, 05:01 PM
According to liberal doctrine only white people can be racist.
That same doctrine likely says white liberals can't be racist also, being it's an important tool they use against the right.

MutuelClerk
02-27-2017, 06:44 PM
The lunatics would have him out of football.

Tin soldiers and Lamberts not braking. Four dead in O Hi O

Hank
02-27-2017, 09:32 PM

No shit!:pound::lol:

HalvOnHorseracing
02-27-2017, 11:38 PM
Heaven only knows why any sane person would want to get involved in this feeding frenzy, but if you asked any black person in the country, every one would have stories about ways where they felt overt racism. I'd daresay if you didn't place yourself in a "bad" neighborhood, whether it comes to the cops, or housing, or driving, or jobs, or shopping, or just walking down the street just about all of us would be hard pressed to come up with equivalent stories. That's not liberal or conservative. That's the history of America for about as long as there has been America. It's just the way things have always been.

Look, there are plenty of black people who have disdain for white people. If the point is that hate talk can flow both ways, you win. I'm not making excuses or apologies for anyone who has engaged in racially insensitive behavior either side. It's wrong no matter who does it. But words are pretty insignificant relative to deeds.

boxcar
02-28-2017, 09:33 AM
A racist is someone who hates liberals.

A racist is a white, self-loathing liberal on a false and endless guilt trip.

Inner Dirt
02-28-2017, 10:18 AM
Heaven only knows why any sane person would want to get involved in this feeding frenzy, but if you asked any black person in the country, every one would have stories about ways where they felt overt racism. I'd daresay if you didn't place yourself in a "bad" neighborhood, whether it comes to the cops, or housing, or driving, or jobs, or shopping, or just walking down the street just about all of us would be hard pressed to come up with equivalent stories. That's not liberal or conservative. That's the history of America for about as long as there has been America. It's just the way things have always been.

Look, there are plenty of black people who have disdain for white people. If the point is that hate talk can flow both ways, you win. I'm not making excuses or apologies for anyone who has engaged in racially insensitive behavior either side. It's wrong no matter who does it. But words are pretty insignificant relative to deeds.

I would be interested in what people honestly deep down believe is racism as liberals throw that word around with reckless abandon these days. Is the following example racism?

Late 70's I live in an enclosed apartment complex where the two stories of units are laid out in a rectangular shape facing the pool. Our foursome of college friends from the football team were Jeff & I (white) Issac & Lloyd (black). I had the guys over for some BBQ (they were in the courtyard by the pool) and swimming. The section of town I lived in was a lot of senior citizens and very white. Quite a few of the neighbors kept peeking out their windows at us to the point it was noticeable, and I knew most of them so they knew some strange guys didn't sneak in to use the facilities. Issac actually asked me if my neighbors had never seen a black guy before.

Ok, is that racism? Before you answer I have been the lone white guy rolling through a predominately black neighborhood and got stares and stopped by cops.

HalvOnHorseracing
02-28-2017, 11:56 AM
I would be interested in what people honestly deep down believe is racism as liberals throw that word around with reckless abandon these days. Is the following example racism?

Late 70's I live in an enclosed apartment complex where the two stories of units are laid out in a rectangular shape facing the pool. Our foursome of college friends from the football team were Jeff & I (white) Issac & Lloyd (black). I had the guys over for some BBQ (they were in the courtyard by the pool) and swimming. The section of town I lived in was a lot of senior citizens and very white. Quite a few of the neighbors kept peeking out their windows at us to the point it was noticeable, and I knew most of them so they knew some strange guys didn't sneak in to use the facilities. Issac actually asked me if my neighbors had never seen a black guy before.

Ok, is that racism? Before you answer I have been the lone white guy rolling through a predominately black neighborhood and got stares and stopped by cops.

A couple of thoughts. Racism has become some sort of all purpose word to describe any negative interaction between people of different races, whether it is based on actual hatred. Clearly there are subtle acts that appear to be racially motivated - your neighbors showing suspicion over seen black people in the complex, but perhaps racism is either too strong a word or the wrong word altogether for such things. If you cross the street because there are a group of black teenagers on one side, I suppose if you did it because you hate black people you could talk about racism, but if you did it because you didn't feel capable of dealing with the situation if anything did happen, I'd have a lot harder time labelling it simple racism.

I think one problem is that we have been too loose with the term racist. I don't think it was ever meant to cover every interaction between people of different races. A long time ago somebody reminded me that when you are having an issue with someone of a different race it's a good idea to figure out if the problem is race or you. The fact that you are one color and I am another doesn't mean I'm a racist because I think you are an asshole if that is how you are acting. If you have to have a complete absence of racial thought in order to avoid the term racist, then I'm not sure that anybody, black or white, gets to not be racist. Racist should be reserved for someone who judges purely on the basis of skin color.

I've driven through Trenton a number of times, and I have no problem admitting my senses were heightened and the doors on my car locked. I don't think that makes me racist. It makes me a smart gambler. I know it is more likely that something negative can happen in that neighborhood than in some white suburban neighborhood.

I read an interesting thing about the cops and black neighborhoods. They will tell you that they have crime statistics and they dispatch their officers based on those statistics. If there are more of them in black neighborhoods, blame the crime not racism. The fact that you might be in such a neighborhood triggers the cops to say, hey, this is out of place. That's not racism. That's cops not wanting to do a lot more paperwork later.

johnhannibalsmith
02-28-2017, 12:20 PM
I've said it before, the word is basically meaningless now. It has been abused to the point that it is nothing more than insult, the same way other words that were once meaningful words are now just colorful accents to anger. Don't bother. 'Fake news' meant something for a day, too. Our slobbering love of twisting something to fit our own needs until it is twisted beyond recognition seems to only get worse by the day.

woodtoo
02-28-2017, 01:20 PM
I've said it before, the word is basically meaningless now. It has been abused to the point that it is nothing more than insult, the same way other words that were once meaningful words are now just colorful accents to anger. Don't bother. 'Fake news' meant something for a day, too. Our slobbering love of twisting something to fit our own needs until it is twisted beyond recognition seems to only get worse by the day.

Why is a school with 100% black students referred to as diverse?

johnhannibalsmith
02-28-2017, 01:30 PM
Why is a school with 100% black students referred to as diverse?

I'm going to assume this is some kind of rhetorical question since I'm not exactly sure what in my post inspired the question nor do I understand why we describe almost everything in terms that we like rather than as they are.

woodtoo
02-28-2017, 01:56 PM
It was rhetorical, but your answer is very impressive and likely correct.:ThmbUp:

thaskalos
02-28-2017, 06:15 PM

At NIGHT?

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-28-2017, 06:40 PM
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." - Thomas Sowell

Tom
02-28-2017, 09:17 PM
Racism is one of the most used tools in the democrat's arsenal, used almost as much as their #1.....repeat the lie, over and over.