PDA

View Full Version : George Loony and Meryl Shreeeek...

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-26-2017, 12:38 AM
...preaching to their choir at tonight's Academy Awards totally clueless to the fact that they get to prove to the 60 million Deplorables who voted for Trump that we elected the best President in history.

The only President whose focus is on what he promised -- and delivering.

NJ Stinks
02-26-2017, 01:39 AM
...preaching to their choir at tonight's Academy Awards totally clueless to the fact that they get to prove to the 60 million Deplorables who voted for Trump that we elected the best President in history.

Another stellar thread alert! :jump:

thaskalos
02-26-2017, 02:30 AM

Naw...they were probably appealing to the 70+ million who voted differently.

chrisl
02-26-2017, 04:13 AM
Give or take a few million illegals.. Oh I forgot, that was Russia casting those votes, saying they were illegals.

Tom
02-26-2017, 09:19 AM
Who get the OSCAR for best impersonation of a real news media?
I got CNN checked on my card.

woodtoo
02-26-2017, 10:19 AM
Keith Ellison best screenplay.:)

Marshall Bennett
02-26-2017, 12:19 PM
Does anyone other than liberals even watch the awards show anymore? If they do, it's not for the awards (which also is rigged btw) but to watch high class liberal clowns make fools of themselves. :)

PaceAdvantage
02-26-2017, 12:27 PM
Speaking of Hollywood, I saw two pretty good movies last night...Collateral Beauty and Doctor Strange...

CB is a tear-jerker, and I'm a tough nut to crack.

johnhannibalsmith
02-26-2017, 12:29 PM
I watched a subtitled movie about Dries Riphagen on Netflix last night. I recommend the first hour or so, but then I fell asleep.

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-26-2017, 06:27 PM
Speaking of Hollywood, I saw two pretty good movies last night...Collateral Beauty and Doctor Strange...

CB is a tear-jerker, and I'm a tough nut to crack.

I just watched Them! It was the first scary monster movie I saw as a kid. What was most interesting about this 1954 movie was seeing cast members with small parts who went on to significant careers. A lot of them were, "Oh, that's uh, that's uh..." so I looked up the cast and found...

Cast
James Whitmore as Sgt. Ben Peterson
Edmund Gwenn as Dr. Harold Medford
Joan Weldon as Dr. Pat Medford
James Arness as FBI Agent Robert Graham
Onslow Stevens as Gen. O'Brien
Sean McClory as Maj. Kibbee
Chris Drake as Trooper Ed Blackburn
Sandy Descher as Ellinson girl
Mary Ann Hokanson as Mrs. Lodge
Don Shelton as Trooper Capt. Fred Edwards
Fess Parker as Alan Crotty
Olin Howlin as Jensen, the alcoholic

Cast notes
Leonard Nimoy has a small, uncredited part as a U.S. Army Staff Sergeant in the communications room.

Other actors who appear in small parts include John Beradino, Willis Bouchey, Booth Colman, Richard Deacon, Lawrence Dobkin, Ann Doran, William Schallert, Douglas Spencer, Dub Taylor and Harry Wilson.

When casting his planned Davy Crockett episode of the Disneyland television show, Walt Disney viewed the film to see James Arness, who had been recommended for the role. However, Disney was more impressed by a scene with Fess Parker as an inmate in a mental ward of the Texas hospital. Watching Parker's performance, Disney realized he had found his Davy Crockett. John Wayne saw the film and, impressed with Arness' performance, recommended him for the role of Marshal Matt Dillon in the new Gunsmoke TV series, a role that Arness went on to play from 1955 to 1975.

Tom
02-26-2017, 06:41 PM
That was a great movie!
Scared the crap out of me back in the day.

Movies back then => :popcorn:
Movies today ====> :puke:
The last movie I saw in a theater was Return of the King.
And I'm watching it again right now on TV.
Can't say I missed anything in between.

What scares me tonight is that the Russians have hacked the Oscars. :eek:

tucker6
02-26-2017, 08:41 PM
I just watched Them! It was the first scary monster movie I saw as a kid. What was most interesting about this 1954 movie was seeing cast members with small parts who went on to significant careers. A lot of them were, "Oh, that's uh, that's uh..." so I looked up the cast and found...

Cast
James Whitmore as Sgt. Ben Peterson
Edmund Gwenn as Dr. Harold Medford
Joan Weldon as Dr. Pat Medford
James Arness as FBI Agent Robert Graham
Onslow Stevens as Gen. O'Brien
Sean McClory as Maj. Kibbee
Chris Drake as Trooper Ed Blackburn
Sandy Descher as Ellinson girl
Mary Ann Hokanson as Mrs. Lodge
Don Shelton as Trooper Capt. Fred Edwards
Fess Parker as Alan Crotty
Olin Howlin as Jensen, the alcoholic

Cast notes
Leonard Nimoy has a small, uncredited part as a U.S. Army Staff Sergeant in the communications room.

Other actors who appear in small parts include John Beradino, Willis Bouchey, Booth Colman, Richard Deacon, Lawrence Dobkin, Ann Doran, William Schallert, Douglas Spencer, Dub Taylor and Harry Wilson.

When casting his planned Davy Crockett episode of the Disneyland television show, Walt Disney viewed the film to see James Arness, who had been recommended for the role. However, Disney was more impressed by a scene with Fess Parker as an inmate in a mental ward of the Texas hospital. Watching Parker's performance, Disney realized he had found his Davy Crockett. John Wayne saw the film and, impressed with Arness' performance, recommended him for the role of Marshal Matt Dillon in the new Gunsmoke TV series, a role that Arness went on to play from 1955 to 1975.

One of the best older sci-fi's. Wish I could see it again. Didn't Natalie Wood play the girl?

barn32
02-26-2017, 09:02 PM
The only President whose focus is on what he promised -- and delivering.Are you forgetting about Jimmy Carter?

HalvOnHorseracing
02-26-2017, 11:06 PM

Perhaps now that he has done everything he said he was going to do and delivered stupendously he can quit and go out on top.

At the very least he cut four years off the normal process of seeing your approval ratings tank into the 40's. No president before Trump has pulled that off in a month.

_______
02-27-2017, 12:22 AM
The ending was epic.

I have never seen anything like that before.

I thought "How old is Warren Beatty? Why are they putting him in front of an audience like that?"

And then you find out why he was so confused.

Unintentionally entertaining though I have to feel bad for the LaLaLand crew.

barahona44
02-27-2017, 12:29 AM
Maybe Warren and Steve Harvey were separated at birth.:)

_______
02-27-2017, 12:54 AM
Maybe Warren and Steve Harvey were separated at birth.:)

Harvey had the right name written down and said the wrong thing. Beatty and Dunaway were handed the wrong card. Beatty at least didn't say anything. She was the one that just ran with LaLaLand when the card said "Emma Stone-LaLaLand"

MutuelClerk
02-27-2017, 02:06 AM
Set-up.

A desperate attempt to be relevant.

Actor
02-27-2017, 04:49 AM
it's not for the awards (which also is rigged btw) ...The awards are, and always have been, a popularity contest for the Hollywood elite. Why did Stanley Kubrick never win best director? Because he did not live in L.A.; he lived in England. Because he was not a party animal; he was a recluse.

What is the only movie from 1968 that made the A.F.I.'s top 100 list? 2001 a Space Odyssey.

reckless
02-27-2017, 08:53 AM
Fake News ---- La La Land wins Oscar for 'Best Picture' ! :popcorn: :bang:

Inner Dirt
02-27-2017, 09:43 AM
Are you forgetting about Jimmy Carter?

You mean the pathetic coward that boycotted the Olympics?

johnhannibalsmith
02-27-2017, 09:45 AM
Set-up.

I figured the same thing. But then I realized that none of them can act well enough to pull it off.

woodtoo
02-27-2017, 10:15 AM
The ever omnipresent President Trump tweeted

This is amateur night-who the hell is in charge of this event?
@Oscars 2March 2014

boxcar
02-27-2017, 10:16 AM
Give or take a few million illegals.. Oh I forgot, that was Russia casting those votes, saying they were illegals.

Yes! Try to keep up, will ya? The Russians did hack the election very, very successfully!

barahona44
02-27-2017, 10:49 AM
The ever omnipresent President Trump tweeted

This is amateur night-who the hell is in charge of this event?
@Oscars 2March 2014

The tweet is dated three years ago.:confused:

woodtoo
02-27-2017, 10:54 AM
What can I say, he is a seer.:D

NJ Stinks
02-27-2017, 12:52 PM
Set-up.

If at least 35 million in the USA alone watched the broadcast last year, how relevant is the term "desperate attempt" here? :popcorn:

Link: http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/insights/news/2016/tops-of-2016-tv.html

HalvOnHorseracing
02-27-2017, 01:01 PM
The awards are, and always have been, a popularity contest for the Hollywood elite. Why did Stanley Kubrick never win best director? Because he did not live in L.A.; he lived in England. Because he was not a party animal; he was a recluse.

What is the only movie from 1968 that made the A.F.I.'s top 100 list? 2001 a Space Odyssey.

Kubrick came close with A Clockwork Orange, but he was unfortunately up against a juggernaut in The Godfather. I've probably watched Clockwork a couple of dozen times. It was a beautifully directed picture, rich with details and perfectly timed scenes. I think his best pictures were Paths of Glory (which wasn't even nominated but would have lost to Mike Todd's Around the World in 80 Days anyway) Spartacus (another film not nominated but pretty much universally considered a classic), and Full Metal Jacket (which ironically enough lost out in nominations to Platoon). I remember the first time I saw 2001. It was definitely a movie you had to watch multiple times to take it all in.

PhantomOnTour
02-27-2017, 04:44 PM
So...did Clooney or Streep either win or present an award last night?

HalvOnHorseracing
02-27-2017, 05:16 PM
So...did Clooney or Streep either win or present an award last night?

Streep did. With Javier Bardem for Best Cinematography. She lost Best Actress. I don't know if Clooney did.

tucker6
02-27-2017, 05:19 PM
Streep did. With Javier Bardem for Best Cinematography. She lost Best Actress. I don't know if Clooney did.

Clooney was not up for Best Actress.

Tom
02-27-2017, 07:24 PM
Meryl Streep - scaring young boys back out of puberty.

cj's dad
02-27-2017, 10:30 PM
The Oscars have become insignificant in American culture. Either the academy
has become dumbed down or the whole thing was designed to make the news world wide which it did. I'm calling a hoax! Bad publiciy is better than no publicity!

Hollywood and liberals, a dying breed !

barahona44
02-27-2017, 11:32 PM
The Oscars have become insignificant in American culture. Either the academy
has become dumbed down or the whole thing was designed to make the news world wide which it did. I'm calling a hoax! Bad publiciy is better than no publicity!

Hollywood and liberals, a dying breed !

Actually the entertainment industry has the best export/import ratio of any segment of American industry.United States film and television foreign revenues showed a 16 billion dollar surplus over imported movie and TV in 2014.That number gets bigger every year.

And Donald Trump has had precious little to do with it.

tucker6
02-28-2017, 09:16 AM
http://deadline.com/2017/02/oscars-ratings-2017-down-best-picture-mistake-jimmy-kimmel-abc-1202009034/

In that vein, the near final numbers for Sunday's 89th Academy Awards are now in, and they are down from last year. Sunday night’s show drew 32.9 million viewers with a 9.1 rating among adults 18-49.

Hosted by Jimmy Kimmel for the first time, the 2017 Oscars are down 4% in viewership and 13% among adults 18-49 from what the 88th Academy Awards ended up snagging in its final numbers last year. Like the metered market numbers of early today, that equals a nine-year viewership low for AMPAS’ annual ceremony. In fact, the 2017 Oscars were the third-least-watched of the 21st century.

Tom
02-28-2017, 09:29 PM
Actually the entertainment industry has the best export/import ratio of any segment of American industry.United States film and television foreign revenues showed a 16 billion dollar surplus over imported movie and TV in 2014.That number gets bigger every year.

And Donald Trump has had precious little to do with it.

Fake reality.
Of course they are good at it.
Their whole lives have been lies.

woodtoo
03-02-2017, 11:17 AM
Just realized this was Hillary's Oscar Dream.:) La La Land