PDA

View Full Version : ""You Dont Screw With The Men In Blue!""

Teach
02-24-2017, 07:57 PM
“Let that by a lesson to you, Walt,” my friend “Bucko” said. He then added, “You don’t screw with the men in blue!”

For years, “Bucko” and I would make a weekly trip to a harness track south of Boston called Foxboro Raceway (now a Gillette Stadium parking lot). As I recall, we were having a “short” beer at one of the track’s “watering holes”. It was then that this young guy – he was obviously drunk – began berating this cop who was on paid detail, nearby. “Dirty copper”. “Flatfoot.” “Pig”. “Town clown”. The verbal fusillade continued incessantly. That’s when this cop gets on the two-way. About a minute later, two of his brother officers come onto the scene. Within seconds, they’re “roughin’ up this inebriate.” I’m not sure if they took the guy into custody… What I do know is that this guy instantly got the picture. As “Bucko” would say, “You don’t screw with the men in blue!”

As it relates to the current situation, I would echo what my buddy “Bucko” said to me years ago at the track, only on this occasion the scene would be Washington, D.C.. To put it in plain and simple terms: “Don’t f*ck with the FBI!” The press may be one thing. Even foreign countries, such as Mexico, might be intimidated. But, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, that’s a whole ’nother story. As my father used to say, “Don’t go to the well too often! It can come back to bite you."

Further, I’ve known a few agents. They take their jobs seriously. Very seriously. They don’t like to be toyed with. To be demeaned. Their lives are on the line in service to our country. They’re professionals. They want and deserve to be treated with respect.

I feel that POTUS is barking up the wrong tree when it comes to the FBI and other intel agencies, i.e., the C. I. A. POTUS recently blasted “The Bureau” for being “totally unable to stop the national security ‘leakers’ that have permeated our government for a long time.”

This “Holier Than Thou” attitude of the current administration - vis-à-vis the F.B.I – can only have underlying ramifications.

Further, it is quite unusual for a president’s Chief of Staff to go directly to the FBI’s top echelon. This approach is most uncommon as these inquiries and requests are most often done “through channels”.

The bottom line: What is happening is that the current administration is calling into question the independence of the FBI.

As the late Jim Croce used to sing: “You don’t tug on superman’s cape. You don’t spit in the wind. You don’t pull the mask off the old lone ranger. And you don’t mess around with Jim.” I might add: “You don’t screw with the men in blue!”…and you certainly “Don’t f*ck with the FBI!”

woodtoo
02-25-2017, 01:01 PM
You should at the very least get the story straight.
FBI Director Andrew McCabe "asked" Reince Priebus for a meeting not the opposite as you're stating.

Andrew told Reince "the NYTimes story is bullshit"
I do like the way you brought Jim Croce into this tale.:pound:

chrisl
02-25-2017, 04:05 PM
Teach is "out to lunch"

davew
02-26-2017, 12:22 AM
It is a good thing honest cops don't like crooked cops. Now there is at least a possibility of dirty cops getting jailed or fired.

LottaKash
02-26-2017, 12:54 AM
Teach is "out to lunch"

Maybe just "recess"...;)

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-26-2017, 01:18 AM
“Let that by a lesson to you, Walt,” my friend “Bucko” said. He then added, “You don’t screw with the men in blue!”

For years, “Bucko” and I would make a weekly trip to a harness track south of Boston called Foxboro Raceway (now a Gillette Stadium parking lot). As I recall, we were having a “short” beer at one of the track’s “watering holes”. It was then that this young guy – he was obviously drunk – began berating this cop who was on paid detail, nearby. “Dirty copper”. “Flatfoot.” “Pig”. “Town clown”. The verbal fusillade continued incessantly. That’s when this cop gets on the two-way. About a minute later, two of his brother officers come onto the scene. Within seconds, they’re “roughin’ up this inebriate.” I’m not sure if they took the guy into custody… What I do know is that this guy instantly got the picture. As “Bucko” would say, “You don’t screw with the men in blue!”

As it relates to the current situation, I would echo what my buddy “Bucko” said to me years ago at the track, only on this occasion the scene would be Washington, D.C.. To put it in plain and simple terms: “Don’t f*ck with the FBI!” The press may be one thing. Even foreign countries, such as Mexico, might be intimidated. But, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, that’s a whole ’nother story. As my father used to say, “Don’t go to the well too often! It can come back to bite you."

Further, I’ve known a few agents. They take their jobs seriously. Very seriously. They don’t like to be toyed with. To be demeaned. Their lives are on the line in service to our country. They’re professionals. They want and deserve to be treated with respect.

I feel that POTUS is barking up the wrong tree when it comes to the FBI and other intel agencies, i.e., the C. I. A. POTUS recently blasted “The Bureau” for being “totally unable to stop the national security ‘leakers’ that have permeated our government for a long time.”

This “Holier Than Thou” attitude of the current administration - vis-à-vis the F.B.I – can only have underlying ramifications.

Further, it is quite unusual for a president’s Chief of Staff to go directly to the FBI’s top echelon. This approach is most uncommon as these inquiries and requests are most often done “through channels”.

The bottom line: What is happening is that the current administration is calling into question the independence of the FBI.

As the late Jim Croce used to sing: “You don’t tug on superman’s cape. You don’t spit in the wind. You don’t pull the mask off the old lone ranger. And you don’t mess around with Jim.” I might add: “You don’t screw with the men in blue!”…and you certainly “Don’t f*ck with the FBI!”

And the wack-a-doodle loons should know by now that you cannot screw with the leader of the Deplorables.