PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Downs Contest Finish

kingfin66
07-27-2004, 01:24 AM
One of our own had an outstanding finish in the Emerald Downs Ultimate Qualifier held Sunday, July 25. MV (Mike) McKee and his wife Kathy were both at the tournament. I had the pleasure to meet both of them prior to the beginning of the tourney. They are very nice people, but that's not all. They are also good handicappers. Kathy, who had to scratch into the tourney (tourney limited to 400 players), finished in the TOP 9, winning a spot in the big event to be held in Vegas.

I didn't do so well, but had a very good time. I hit a nice 7/1 shot in the 10th at Emerald to finish up slightly for the day. It would have been a very good day had I chosed Daunting (2nd choice) instead of the nag I went with at a higher price.

Interestingly enough, I sat next to an MSNBC columnist by the name of Mike Brunker throughout the tournament. I don't know if anybody is familiar with his work, but he writes columns regarding the internet, including some on internet gambling.

All in all, it was a fun day and a very nice day for Kathy.

charleslanger
07-27-2004, 01:45 AM
Send her our congratulations-- why isn't she posting here? hhmm? hhmmmm?

and thank you for the update...

Dan Montilion
07-29-2004, 02:29 AM
M.V. Mckee would very much like to post to this thread. However, in a phone conversation we had Mike informed me that he recently changed his contact e-mail address in the pace advantage forum profile and has been unable to post since. Mike asked if I would post this in the hope that somebody could post a suggestion as to how to remedy this problem.

Dan Montilion

BillW
07-29-2004, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Dan Montilion
M.V. Mckee would very much like to post to this thread. However, in a phone conversation we had Mike informed me that he recently changed his contact e-mail address in the pace advantage forum profile and has been unable to post since. Mike asked if I would post this in the hope that somebody could post a suggestion as to how to remedy this problem.

Dan Montilion

PA has to turn his acct. back on

paceadv@paceadvantage.com

Bill