PDA

View Full Version : Tailfromthecrypt?

KingChas
07-27-2004, 12:03 AM
This horse is running today(7-27-04).Suffolk 8th race (8-1)-1 mile.#4.Is this horse running for you Mcschell or still with the old owner?Trainer Burton Sipp.Just wondered.

CryingForTheHorses
07-27-2004, 04:35 AM
Hi Chase, I never bought him, Hope he does win

TOOZ
07-27-2004, 09:27 AM
Chase,
You ever hit the Downs by ABE airport? Always liked that place.
Actually grew up in Phillipsburg, now I call it Uglytown.

KingChas
07-27-2004, 09:48 AM
Tooz,
The Downs is a 5 minute ride for me.Spend a lot of time there in the winter months.Phillipsburg NJ the town that had a bar on every corner years ago. Old stompin grounds remember it well.

timtam
07-27-2004, 11:01 AM
I hit the downs usually on a Monday and Tuesday. Good place for a psychologist though.

TOOZ
07-27-2004, 11:12 AM
I know what you mean, when I used to go there I was always looking over my shoulder to make sure if I recognized someone I grew up with, to stay away from that area. Nice bar, and Yeungling Ambers to boot, which are hard to find outside of that area.

Dancer's Image
07-27-2004, 03:58 PM
He finished a fast closing 4th...although it looks like Bocachica could have ridden him better...he was6th of 7 horses most of the race, about 10-12 lengths behind a slow pace (49 4F; 114 6F).
All in all, it looks like Suff deserves a thank-you (although I'm sure he is like PA in not feeling like one is necessary). Well done to both you and PA for resolving that non-issue in a classy manner.

CryingForTheHorses
07-27-2004, 05:04 PM
Suff inadvertently alearted me that the horse was in on thurs morn I then went and checked and saw him in for 4k,...That was on a thurs, I began speaking to this "Dr Block" about buying him on wed nite...He NEVER told me was in the day before. I had called this number about another horse and the topic of this horse came up,Last nite this Dr Black called me and told me Sipp had a entry in that race and had to fill the race to make it go? I consulted a few friends including vets about buying this horse off of SIPP..EVERYBODY!!..Told me to stay away form this guy, Dr Block assured me and even sent me a pix of the horse (Got it in the mail today!!. I even had gotten the money from my horsemans account...I ALMOST sent the money..Till I was alerted that he was in.Lots of things for a horse to come from the north at this time of the year,have to give them a chance to acclimate,Maybe he would have liked Calder,Maybe not, I also figured I couldnt get a straight answer from a vet there as He may be paid to say the horse is fine,I just didnt like what I smelt..Only my opinion..I also took this into consideration, My dear friends Randy and Scotty Schulhofer trained this horse, I used to gallop horses for them, THOSE guys will do anythng and everything to make sure a horse is right before he races, When they get rid of them..They may be finished . Thanks DANCER your a good guy! I told SUFF I owe him a bottle of FIREWATER

kenwoodallpromos
07-27-2004, 05:44 PM
Does this happen all the time or is it like the used car salesman "I got one on the back lot"?

CryingForTheHorses
07-27-2004, 09:31 PM
I found a filly on www.handride.com, Its a auction site and I was just browsing, FUNNY THING is when I called the lady that had this filly,Her husband DR block answered the phone,He told me what I wanted to know and I asked him if he had any older class horses and he had this horse on his plate..Guess him and SIPP are some kind of partners.I jsut didnt like the way the whole thing unfolded,SOMETHING inside me kept telling me no! YES You can buy horses like used cars,Hopefully LISA RAE was a better choice.

Suff
07-27-2004, 10:14 PM
ran 4th @ 3.90 in 8-10K claimer. 6 Lengths back. Had a bad pace scenario... 25 and 49 going a Mile. He needs a little more heat up front and some moisture preferably.

Zaf
09-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Tailfromthecrypt (# 7, 6/1) is entered at Ruidoso Downs on Monday, September 6th, 2004 in Race 6 (Ruidoso Thoroughbred Championship S.).

Stakes. 1 1/16 Mile Dirt. Purse $40,000. Ruidoso Thoroughbred Championship S.. 3-year olds & older. [High Weights Preferred] [No nomination fee] $100 to enter; $200 to run. Closed Saturday, August 28, 2004 with 11 nominations. (02:28 PM) (9)

ZAFONIC

Equineer
09-06-2004, 04:20 AM
Zafonic,

In 9-day span, going cross-country from about sea level at SUF to 7000+ feet at RUI to run in a Stake would be quite a bold move!!!! Anyone have spot play data on this angle? :)

Zaf
09-06-2004, 10:14 AM
I find it a little funny too equineer.
And just a little while ago he was entered for 4K and scratched.

ZAFONIC

kenwoodallpromos
09-06-2004, 01:27 PM
What are your thoughts as to the problems the bad weather may have on horses' heads, either at tracks or those on the farms?

kenwoodallpromos
09-06-2004, 01:28 PM
What are your thoughts as to the problems the bad weather may have on horses' heads, either at tracks or those on the farms?
Here in Ca we do not have extended weather like you are having.
I'm glad your electricity is working and hope everything is OK.

CryingForTheHorses
09-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by kenwoodallpromos
Here in Ca we do not have extended weather like you are having.
I'm glad your electricity is working and hope everything is OK.

Thanks Ken
I really dont tink it bothers the horses unless they are left in a field to fend for themselves,Lighting bothers them and thunder claps sometimes scare them,When a horse is cooped up in his stall for 24 to 48 hours, They are ppy to get out and kick up their heels when they are either ridden or turned back out to pasture.The lady who has my horses in Ocala has told me my horses didnt seem to mond the wind and the rain, They were safe in locked sheilded form the weather stalls.
I did have another chance to buy Tailfromthecrypt before he went to New Mexico,I didnt like the people who were selling him as He had a different owner then the guy I had been talkiing to, If you note the owner and trainers last name is BLACK..Dont know if ts the same Dr Block that I talked to,Seems Air Cool also ran at Sunray Park on the 31st of Aug and finished up the track!.I guess these guys are thinking the east coast horse's are better then what they got.

CryingForTheHorses
09-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by zafonic
Tailfromthecrypt (# 7, 6/1) is entered at Ruidoso Downs on Monday, September 6th, 2004 in Race 6 (Ruidoso Thoroughbred Championship S.).

Stakes. 1 1/16 Mile Dirt. Purse $40,000. Ruidoso Thoroughbred Championship S.. 3-year olds & older. [High Weights Preferred] [No nomination fee] $100 to enter; $200 to run. Closed Saturday, August 28, 2004 with 11 nominations. (02:28 PM) (9)

ZAFONIC

OMG!!
Tailfromthecrypt pulled up and vanned off!
This is what I call a travesty!.These guys should not be allowed to have a horse. POOR horse didnt have a chance!!. Now he is broke down,Look at the results for the Reoduiso Downs.I didnt buy the horse as they sent me a 8x10 of him and I didnt like what I saw below the knees.Its a shame when money gets in the way of common sense and its not the poor horses fault.SHAME on you trainer Black whoever you are

Zaf
09-06-2004, 08:28 PM
That is horrible news. I couldn't understand why this horse was placed in a Stakes Race accross the country. I was hoping that was a good sign for the horse, obviously not :(

ZAFONIC