PDA

View Full Version : Hat tip to Aaron Vercruysse - Comma Sister at 32-1

Parkview_Pirate
02-20-2017, 06:04 PM
Caught a portion of today's Santa Anita handicapping show, and Aaron was gushing over Comma Sister, who showed some talent in his first race, and was trying a route for the second time after a brief layoff.

Comma Sister was the off-the-pace winner of the 6th race - paying $67.00 to win.

Haven't followed his picks in the past (don't really follow the public cappers much), but it's not often one hands out a bomb like that - though going off at 4 times the morning line of 8-1....

Impressive.:ThmbUp:

Mr. Pick 5
02-20-2017, 06:16 PM
Caught a portion of today's Santa Anita handicapping show, and Aaron was gushing over Comma Sister, who showed some talent in his first race, and was trying a route for the second time after a brief layoff.

Comma Sister was the off-the-pace winner of the 6th race - paying $67.00 to win.

Haven't followed his picks in the past (don't really follow the public cappers much), but it's not often one hands out a bomb like that - though going off at 4 times the morning line of 8-1....

Impressive.:ThmbUp:

This guy picks bombs ALL the time...and they rarely win....I put this to more of the idea that even a broken clock is right twice a day

arw629
02-20-2017, 10:35 PM
I love his style and he's an entertaining watch. I remember many years ago on Hrtv against the odds he made a pick at laurel and confidence oozed out of him even moreso than his usual confident style and he finished up by saying if it rains to go to the windows with 2 arms full of cash. It rained the next day and his pick galloped at 5-1...i remember regretting not betting 2 arms full of cash on his pick

no breathalyzer
02-21-2017, 07:51 AM
i wish i would of caught that :bang: I'm a big fan of his and i made a pretty large w/p bet on Kent at 9-1

tanner12oz
02-21-2017, 12:14 PM
I caught a monster price on preakness day a few years back on a horse he gave out..cant remember the name but one dwl ran into the ground

PhantomOnTour
02-21-2017, 12:16 PM
I caught a monster price on preakness day a few years back on a horse he gave out..cant remember the name but one dwl ran into the ground

Skyring ?

SoCalCircuit
02-21-2017, 09:48 PM
This guy picks bombs ALL the time...and they rarely win....I put this to more of the idea that even a broken clock is right twice a day

Yeah like that was his only correct pick yesterday out of 11. I can't stand analysts who pick exclusively bombs for the sake of picking bombs. Make yourself more useful and tell me who is going to WIN the race (bomb or favorite) and I'll figure out how to structure my bets around that.

tanner12oz
02-22-2017, 12:22 PM
Skyring ?

Yup

Si2see
02-22-2017, 12:53 PM
Yup

That Skyring Oxbow double saved my whole weekend.

When seeing the title to this thread I thought maybe the winner Comma sister was a sibling to Comma to the top, but as far as I can tell no relation.

tanner12oz
02-23-2017, 05:32 AM
That Skyring Oxbow double saved my whole weekend.

When seeing the title to this thread I thought maybe the winner Comma sister was a sibling to Comma to the top, but as far as I can tell no relation.

Skyring wired them...pretty sure he ran in every graded turf race carded for the next 2-3 years after that. Horse showed up literally everywhere