PDA

View Full Version : RIP Charismatic

PaceAdvantage
02-20-2017, 12:42 PM
With the board down, this kind of slipped by the wayside...

Sad news...especially with that thread not too long ago showing Lukas visiting Charismatic after he returned to the states...:(

Grits
02-20-2017, 12:45 PM
This was heartbreaking to learn. Rest in peace, Charismatic.

I hope you and Chris A are united. <3

Fred Mertz
02-20-2017, 01:52 PM
My friend sent me this photo on Jan 29, 2017 via text.

His daughter visited Charismatic around that time frame and took this photo.

I hope it looks okay here.

ultracapper
02-20-2017, 02:30 PM
It's mind boggling. There's only 150 of them. Only 1 a year, and you never get a second chance with that horse. The horse wins that first Saturday in May, or that's that. No coming back next year.

Kentucky Derby winners will always be the creme de la creme of the sport, no matter how good they really were.

Rex Phinney
02-20-2017, 03:37 PM
Just terrible news, His Belmont was the first race I remember watching, and it's what got me hooked. I've got a Fred Stone canvas of Charismatic and Antley in my office.

I was hoping to get to Kentucky this summer to see him in person, hopefully he in a better place.

Si2see
02-20-2017, 05:25 PM
With all the loss we have had in our sport in the last few weeks alone it makes you realize that you need to enjoy them while they are here. This one is especially a kick below the belt, because I know what effort Michael put into getting this horse here from Japan.

This was not some snap of the fingers and the horse appeared, this was several months of coordinating, the effort he put into raising the money, and how by pure luck he got introduced to Tito's Handmade Vodka as a sponsor.

The way I like to think about this is that Charismatic made it back to where it all started, just a short drive from where he was born is where he will be laid to rest as an inspiration to so many.

Jason

PaceAdvantage
02-20-2017, 10:27 PM
Tough way to go:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/219958/broken-pelvis-cause-of-charismatics-death

Mulerider
02-20-2017, 10:49 PM
Tough way to go:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/219958/broken-pelvis-cause-of-charismatics-death

I have come to believe that there is no limit to the number of ways horses can injure themselves in a pasture or stall. Add in the perennial killers -- laminitis and colic -- and it's a wonder that any of them live to a ripe old age.

Mule