PDA

View Full Version : Norma McCorvey, the "Roe" in Roe vs. Wade is dead at 69

barahona44
02-18-2017, 06:41 PM
Norma McCorvey, who was given the anonynous name Jane Roe in the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe vs. Wade, that made abortion legal has died at age 69.
McCorvey later in life became a born-again Christian and pro-life activist.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/18/politics/norma-mccorvey-roe-v-wade-figure-dies/

TJDave
02-18-2017, 06:51 PM
So much for anonymity.

JustRalph
02-18-2017, 09:00 PM
Tonight she is dancing with the Blind Sheik

TJDave
02-19-2017, 12:31 AM

Christian charity.

Love it. :rolleyes:

NJ Stinks
02-19-2017, 01:32 AM

That reminds me - the lengths you go are embarrassing. :ThmbDown:

Benni
02-19-2017, 01:40 AM

What an incredibly sad comment. I don't believe she is dancing with anyone except the angels.

“…never had an abortion.” And “she converted to Christianity.”

“McCorvey then began working for the anti-abortion movement.”

“Lawyers for McCorvey filed a motion with the US District Court in Dallas in 2003 to have the decision overturned and asked the court to consider new evidence that abortion hurts women."

JustRalph
02-19-2017, 03:35 AM
Christian charity.

Love it. :rolleyes:

Get real. She's was a pawn and gladly so, that resulted in millions of deaths.

She makes Stalin look like a piker. If you believe in the tenets of Christianity then is there enough repentance in the history of the world? Therein lies the question.

incoming
02-19-2017, 03:50 AM
I feel abortions have caused more mental anguish to our society than any other single event. Think about it....how many human beings can take a human life without some kind of mental consequences. You can put all kinds of "window dressing" on the word baby but a human is a human. Even Mrs. McCorvey came too this conclusion later in life and she only had a 9th grade education. She tried later in life to reverse this decision (roe vs wade) of course, MSM never gave it the coverage it deserved. RIP, Jane Roe. :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
02-19-2017, 03:56 AM
She played the other side of the issue when it was able to keep her in the limelight. This person was not a saved soul who came to an honest conversion.

Get real......she even lied about being raped.

Read about it here

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/norma-mccorvey-jane-roe-of-roe-v-wade-decision-legalizing-abortion-dies-at-69/2017/02/18/24b83108-396e-11e6-8f7c-d4c723a2becb_story.html?utm_term=.3a58aaee1e0a

"Ms. McCorvey supported herself in part through honoraria, book royalties and other income she generated from her role in the abortion debate. By 2013, according to Prager’s article in Vanity Fair, Ms. McCorvey was relying on “free room and board from strangers.”

incoming
02-19-2017, 04:13 AM
She played the other side of the issue when it was able to keep her in the limelight. This person was not a saved soul who came to an honest conversion.

Get real......she even lied about being raped.

Read about it here

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/norma-mccorvey-jane-roe-of-roe-v-wade-decision-legalizing-abortion-dies-at-69/2017/02/18/24b83108-396e-11e6-8f7c-d4c723a2becb_story.html?utm_term=.3a58aaee1e0a

"Ms. McCorvey supported herself in part through honoraria, book royalties and other income she generated from her role in the abortion debate. By 2013, according to Prager’s article in Vanity Fair, Ms. McCorvey was relying on “free room and board from strangers.”

I don't know what was in Mrs. McCorvey heart, I will give her the benefit of the doubt. But I do know the length the MSM will go to slant a story that doesn't fit their agenda.

lamboguy
02-19-2017, 08:58 AM
if you saw some of these babies that were born from drug infested mother's you would probably be in favor of forced abortion's, and if you asked me they should double up and abort the mother as well.

its really not fair to the baby to be brought into this world under the condition's they will have to go through their whole life. i think they do this type of stuff in China already. from the bottom of my heart i know this is a rotten way to think and travel, but if you don't nip the problems at the bud you will eventually have no country whether you are a liberal or a conservative.

incoming
02-19-2017, 10:13 AM
if you saw some of these babies that were born from drug infested mother's you would probably be in favor of forced abortion's, and if you asked me they should double up and abort the mother as well.

its really not fair to the baby to be brought into this world under the condition's they will have to go through their whole life. i think they do this type of stuff in China already. from the bottom of my heart i know this is a rotten way to think and travel, but if you don't nip the problems at the bud you will eventually have no country whether you are a liberal or a conservative.

I'm not against all abortions. I just think there should be some kind of a legal process for all people that are involved before you take a life. I think it would be good for the Mother's well being and also the unborn.

Inner Dirt
02-19-2017, 10:25 AM

I vote Republican 99% of the time but disagree with their abortion stance. While it should be an avenue of last resort, I don't see how any good can come out of forcing a women to have a child she does not want. Even ladies happy to be pregnant can be a handful to deal with. How many originally nice women evolve into vindictive snakes when going through a divorce? Image what 9 months of forcing an unwanted pregnancy to term does? If the women does not take care of herself and get proper prenatal care you can ruin two lives. If you outlaw abortions you are punishing someone for having sex.

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-19-2017, 10:58 AM
What an incredibly sad comment. I don't believe she is dancing with anyone except the angels.

“…never had an abortion.” And “she converted to Christianity.”

“McCorvey then began working for the anti-abortion movement.”

“Lawyers for McCorvey filed a motion with the US District Court in Dallas in 2003 to have the decision overturned and asked the court to consider new evidence that abortion hurts women."

Her change is consistent with the opinions of virtually every parent who intentionally aborts their children. They later life is lived with deep regret and great sorrow.

fast4522
02-19-2017, 11:06 AM
To me it should not be a federal issue other than the late term abortions that are terminated outside or partial berth terminations often with scissors. That should be outlawed nation wide. The rest should be for states to decide. Or if there is to be a federal law it should be granting all rights to the woman for the first X number of months. The decision should always rest with a doctor to save the life of the mother at all costs and at any point. The truth is there are so few cases that really are to save the mother that it should not even be a debate.

letswastemoney
02-19-2017, 07:35 PM
I'm against abortion, except in cases of rape or if the mother's life is in danger from having the baby.

My reasons have nothing to do with religion either. Every child should be given a chance, no matter if it doesn't turn out so great in the end.

TJDave
02-19-2017, 08:26 PM
Abortions are good for the economy. No one could argue against their favorite example.

Tom
02-19-2017, 09:25 PM
You are a sick individual.

Track Collector
02-19-2017, 09:52 PM
No one knows for sure what was in this woman's heart except GOD, so I'll let it up to him to determine her eternal destiny.

I do find it interesting though that some folks have a misconception about when a person accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior and is thus known to become a Christian. Once "saved", a person is going to sin for the rest of their earthly lives, regardless of their willfulness to refrain from doing so, because sin is woven into the human fabric. Despite this, GOD calls for us to "aim" for the highest standard (of not sinning).

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Liberals being pro-abortion is consistent with their development of eugenics in America.

I actually accept a few conditions for abortion beyond rape and incest, but they are examples of extraordinary circumstances.

incoming
02-20-2017, 06:31 PM
Illegal aliens have more legal standing within our laws than a developing baby. It is atrocious for a civilized society to have better laws protecting our pets than the unborn.

Somebody take my soapbox.....please:)

HalvOnHorseracing
02-20-2017, 10:44 PM
Liberals being pro-abortion is consistent with their development of eugenics in America.

I actually accept a few conditions for abortion beyond rape and incest, but they are examples of extraordinary circumstances.

- 81 percent of Americans and 66 percent of those who identify as pro-choice would restrict abortion to - at most - the first three months of pregnancy. 82% of women agree with that. The pollster says these findings have been consistent for the last eight years.

- 55 percent of American overall agree that “abortion ultimately does a woman more harm than good”; 56 percent of women and 27 percent of pro-choice advocates agree.

- Six in 10 Americans - including 61 percent of women - say abortion is “morally wrong.” One-third of pro-choice Americans agree.

- Another 77 percent overall - including 79 percent of women and 71 percent of pro-choice supporters - say that laws can protect both a mother and her unborn child. Seventeen percent of Americans overall, 15 percent of women, 23 percent of pro-choice identifiers disagree.

MutuelClerk
02-20-2017, 11:10 PM
Maybe with the right Supreme Court we can overturn her death.

TJDave
02-20-2017, 11:16 PM
The more I suffer idiots...

The more i favor abortions.

ReplayRandall
02-20-2017, 11:18 PM
Maybe with the right Supreme Court we can overturn her death.
Better to be physically dead than spiritually dead.....

TJDave
02-20-2017, 11:28 PM

You and I rarely see eye-to-eye, except now.

incoming
02-21-2017, 12:06 AM

Instead of working the crowd that doesn't have a voice, try working the over 75 senile crowd. With your superior intellect you should win this battle easily.

TJDave
02-21-2017, 12:25 AM
Instead of working the crowd that doesn't have a voice, try working the over 75 senile crowd. With your superior intellect you should win this battle easily.

How old are you?

LottaKash
02-21-2017, 12:26 AM

Don't you value anything?...

I never, ever, hear anything positive or valuable contained within any of your posts...

incoming
02-21-2017, 12:35 AM
How old are you?

I rest my case.;)

TJDave
02-21-2017, 12:38 AM
I rest my case.;)

Next.