PDA

View Full Version : "I Inherited A Mess."

Teach
02-16-2017, 07:36 PM
“To be honest, I inherited a mess, a mess, at home and abroad, a mess,” President Trump said at today’s news conference.

The man who really inherited a mess was President Barack Obama. When Obama took office from George W. Bush in January, 2009, we were in the midst of a severe economic downturn – “The Great Recession”. That downturn was so massive that it began, in many respects, to rival “The Great Depression” of 1930s. Thousands of jobs were being lost on a weekly basis.

That’s why I can’t understand where President Trump is coming from when he says he “inherited a mess”. When POTUS took office, the stock market was up, markedly; consumer confidence was up, and the unemployment rate that was hovering around 8% when Obama took office was around 5% went he left.

In conclusion, I believe that President Trump inherited a much more stable situation than his predecessor.

ReplayRandall
02-16-2017, 07:51 PM
Obama started his presidency with, "let's HOPE I can do this job by salvaging the economy". He soon implemented 10's of millions of "shovel ready" part-time jobs, and the printing of $4 Trillion from the Fed's Ol' Yellen, as his agent of CHANGE.......Well done Barry, well done.

_______
02-16-2017, 07:58 PM
“To be honest, I inherited a mess, a mess, at home and abroad, a mess,” President Trump said at today’s news conference.

The man who really inherited a mess was President Barack Obama. When Obama took office from George W. Bush in January, 2009, we were in the midst of a severe economic downturn – “The Great Recession”. That downturn was so massive that it began, in many respects, to rival “The Great Depression” of 1930s. Thousands of jobs were being lost on a weekly basis.

That’s why I can’t understand where President Trump is coming from when he says he “inherited a mess”. When POTUS took office, the stock market was up, markedly; consumer confidence was up, and the unemployment rate that was hovering around 8% when Obama took office was around 5% went he left.

In conclusion, I believe that President Trump inherited a much more stable situation than his predecessor.

Obama inherited a world where America's moral standing had been eroded by a needless war of choice, Guantanamo, Abu Gharib, and water boarding.

Those all turned out to be back burner concerns given the risk of a second depression.

Whiney Donny was handed the keys to an International Harverster and doesn't know how to plow a straight row.

This is like the twilight zone episode where we're all supposed to tell Billy Mumy that it's all good. REAL GOOD!!!!!!!!

God I hope that was enough exclamation points.

Clocker
02-16-2017, 08:01 PM
When Obama took office from George W. Bush in January, 2009, we were in the midst of a severe economic downturn – “The Great Recession”.

Not the midst, the tail end. The recession was just ending when Obama took office in Jan., 2009. The recession officially ended in June, 2009. That means that he presided over 7.5 years of the slowest recovery in the modern era.

Which doesn't change the fact that Trump's "poor, poor pitiful me" act is getting old already. But we heard 8 years of that from the Democrats about the mess Bush left.

johnhannibalsmith
02-16-2017, 08:23 PM
Seems to me that its the people moping about wondering what the hell they should do with a degree in Brit Lit and the people that blindly did the 'smart' thing and put their savings into investments are the ones that inherited the messes. These presidents inherited a mess the same way I inherited a mess when I claimed a horse.

TJDave
02-16-2017, 08:36 PM
Trump wanted the job. I don't wanna hear any excuses. He should just declare bankruptcy and move on.

davew
02-16-2017, 08:38 PM
Obama had things fixed so well, by the end of his 2 terms he could go golfing 3 times a week.

It was Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi that messed up Congress so much it became 2 voting blocks voting or filibustering bills written by lobbyists.

sammy the sage
02-16-2017, 08:55 PM
Trump wanted the job. I don't wanna hear any excuses. He should just declare bankruptcy and move on.
Unfortunately EXACTLY THAT is going to happen....sooner or later... :mad: :( :bang:

fast4522
02-16-2017, 09:06 PM

Do you think ICE will be looking for you?

TJDave
02-16-2017, 09:18 PM
Do you think ICE will be looking for you?

Why for?

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-16-2017, 10:12 PM

We know what Obama inherited. We also know that he made it worse -- much worse.

elysiantraveller
02-16-2017, 10:52 PM
We know what Obama inherited. We also know that he made it worse -- much worse.

Obama was a disaster but come on...

Stevie Wonder could see who inherited a bigger mess. It isn't Donald.

kevb
02-16-2017, 11:58 PM
The Smartest Man in the World inherited a difficult job, and he is whining about it.

thaskalos
02-17-2017, 01:07 AM
I say he is shocked that he won...and he has no idea how to proceed from here on. How could the job be so "hard"...when he made the business of "making America great again" appear so simple in his pre-election campaign speeches?

no breathalyzer
02-17-2017, 01:12 AM
I say he is shocked that he won...and he has no idea how to proceed from here on. How could the job be so "hard"...when he made the business of "making America great again" appear so simple in his pre-election campaign speeches?
You misread the form bro... he isn't shocked that he won.. but prob. mis read how hard in is to overcome the machine in Washington... he has to play by their rules something he possibly doesn't know how to do and might have to learn

thaskalos
02-17-2017, 01:15 AM
You misread the form bro... he isn't shocked that he won.. but prob. mis read how hard in is to overcome the machine in Washington... he has to play by their rules something he possibly doesn't know how to do and might have to learn

I knew that the excuses would be forthcoming, but I didn't realize they'd come so soon...bro.

no breathalyzer
02-17-2017, 02:30 AM
I knew that the excuses would be forthcoming, but I didn't realize they'd come so soon...bro.

but that's what they do..... ever since i can remember... they all the same shit i refuse to put on political news on anymore.. pick the wrong channel you might be fooled the world is going to end tomorrow.. also sick and tired of this shit finding its way in my sports and festivals.. '' keep your politics out of my ribs''
best quote i heard in a while... there are going to be protesters at my local rib fest because a certain proformer is going to be there..... enough is enough already!..... i blame the media for people being so ignorant but they are not the only ones to blame......

no breathalyzer
02-17-2017, 02:33 AM
bottom line its so easy to be mis informed the lower iq and less privileged you are the more likely its going to happen... the sad part is noone out there does anything to correct this

Actor
02-17-2017, 06:51 AM
Every president thinks he inherited a mess. :rolleyes:

tucker6
02-17-2017, 07:36 AM
most have

barahona44
02-17-2017, 08:38 AM
Which is why most presidents would prefer probably to be dictators.Makes the job easier.Ah, but easier is never better.

classhandicapper
02-17-2017, 09:06 AM
Obama was a disaster but come on...

Stevie Wonder could see who inherited a bigger mess. It isn't Donald.

The financial mess that Donald inherited hasn't reveled itself yet because we are still in the midst of the bubble that was created under Obama. But understanding that requires keen eyesight. The media couldn't find or see that with a herd of seeing eye dogs and bionic eyes.

The foreign policy mess Obama created is everywhere around us.

Jess Hawsen Arown
02-17-2017, 09:09 AM

A common theme in business, also, when a new team takes over a project.

elysiantraveller
02-17-2017, 10:20 AM
The financial mess that Donald inherited hasn't reveled itself yet because we are still in the midst of the bubble that was created under Obama. But understanding that requires keen eyesight. The media couldn't find or see that with a herd of seeing eye dogs and bionic eyes.

Quite frankly if it requires "keen eyesight" its not as much of a mess.

boxcar
02-17-2017, 11:37 AM

So, all of Obama's whining and complaining about the horrible Bush mess must mean he didn't really want the job, right?

classhandicapper
02-17-2017, 11:55 AM
Quite frankly if it requires "keen eyesight" its not as much of a mess.

That's what they said in 1929, 2000, 2008, and before loads of other bubbles burst around the world.

thaskalos
02-17-2017, 12:28 PM

Since he CHOSE to "inherit such a mess"...might we conclude that a "keen eyesight" might not be one of the Donald's possessions?

fast4522
02-17-2017, 02:56 PM
I knew that the excuses would be forthcoming, but I didn't realize they'd come so soon...bro.The truth is that there are no excuses, just shit lobbed at the press.

classhandicapper
02-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Since he CHOSE to "inherit such a mess"...might we conclude that a "keen eyesight" might not be one of the Donald's possessions?

He said multiple times during the campaign that the US stock market was a bubble. So he is aware. However, I think he's making a HUGE political mistake touting the stock market's recent up trend now.

Investors understand that lowering the corporate tax rate immediately increases the value of businesses because all else being equal after tax earnings will rise. They understand that decreasing regulation will be a net plus for corporate profits and business activity. They also like the repatriation of foreign earnings back to the US.

The problem is that even if those things are true and occur, if stocks were very overvalued when he won and they went higher based on more favorable prospects, that means they are still overvalued. By pointing out how well stocks are doing he is kind of taking political ownership of the stock market. So when they bust he will still own it. HUUUGE error IMO. The political left and MSM will jump all over him for that (of course most politicians other than Ron and Rand Paul and few others have no idea at all what's going on)

He should have simply said "I'm glad Wall St and investors like my policies, but when I took office stocks were very expensive due to all the easy money". Then he would be taking credit for Wall St liking his policies without taking ownership for something he had nothing to do with.

Tom
02-17-2017, 06:31 PM
Yadda yadda yadda.
He is out there doing things, taking on problems.
That is the difference between him and his classless racist worthless terrorist predecessor.

Funny, when Obama used to whine about the mess he inherited, I was the only voice that said he sought it out.

I say the same to Trump, but as I pointed out, he is out there trying to fix things.

:sleeping:

TJDave
02-17-2017, 06:37 PM
He is out there doing things

What things?

woodtoo
02-17-2017, 07:12 PM
Good one

classhandicapper
02-17-2017, 07:20 PM
What things?

If I was him I'd start by getting rid of all the people in the intelligence community that are loyal to democrats and that are trying to undermine him and pull off a silent coup.

John Schindler ‏@20committee Feb 15
More
John Schindler Retweeted Joe Walters
Now we go nuclear. IC war going to new levels. Just got an EM fm senior IC friend, it began: "He will die in jail."John Schindler added,
Joe Walters @JWal077
@20committee I can kind of guess but what do you think is going on inside NatSec right now after Trump's "intelligence" tweet this morning?

pandy
02-17-2017, 08:23 PM

He's referring to the "swamp". When's the last time Congress did anything good?

JustRalph
02-17-2017, 09:16 PM
How does he know he inherited a mess?

Every damn thing Obama told us, from Unemployment to planeloads of cash to Iran etc was a lie.

He's in for some big surprises

fast4522
02-17-2017, 09:49 PM
How does he know he inherited a mess?

Every damn thing Obama told us, from Unemployment to planeloads of cash to Iran etc was a lie.

He's in for some big surprises

And the mess continues, the jerk is working behind the scenes to undermine the President.

Tom
02-17-2017, 10:40 PM
He's referring to the "swamp". When's the last time Congress did anything good?
When they went on recess.